Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What a 45 from Henderson.

The intensity in him coming on. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's the best 45 mins Henderson has had in a couple of years.

Liverpool bossing the game but the front three are missing something and that is the bite Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Henderson is always good for a pinger from range, some half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Next goal is huge though. Would be great to keep a clean sheet for a change. But knowing us this isn't over by a long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Jim Milner not a bad left back

• Advertisement

Matip's calmness has added so much to the Liverpool defence.

Edit I just went and jinxed him. :(

Next goal is huge though. Would be great to keep a clean sheet for a change. But knowing us this isn't over by a long way.

Fckin predictable as night follows day.

We really are going to need to learn how to keep a clean sheet.

Hope we start attacking more now. We are neither good enough nor shrewd enough to sit back on a lead.
    Might as well throw caution to the wind and play to our strengths.

Wijnaldum having a good second half

Wijnaldum has been very good in all the games I think he just gets on and does the dirty work no one really sees and keeps everything ticking along.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Wijnaldum having a good second half

Yep, sure is.

We seem to have pushed up a lot since their goal too which is good. Much more like it.

Still ****ting myself tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gritty last 15 minutes of so, which I like - previously we'd have been all over the place just waiting to concede or too gung ho trying to get the extra goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

That was professionalism personified. F*cking DELIGHTED!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Huge.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Delighted but I really wish we could keep a clean sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

**** top 4 we will win the league

YESSSSSS YESSSSS

OUR YEAR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Caught the last 10 minutes. Fecking yes. Beat Arsenal, Chelsea away. A draw with Spurs away and beat Leicester at home. Lads they are great results :D

10 points from last seasons top three and Chelsea in our first five games with four of them away from home is a great start to the season.

Delighted but I really wish we could keep a clean sheet

Its exceptionally hard to keep clean sheets away from home when you're playing Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea... lets see how we get on at home.

He may have been a little reckless for the goal but Matip was awesome today and Lovren wasn't too far behind him.

Hendo my man of the match, tho tbh you could nearly give that to Lalanna every game. His workrate is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Win this for Luis...

garcialfc.jpg

Luis says.....YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Tough start but really excellent return with an obvious blip.......happy with that being honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Played well, still need to obviously strenghten the defence. Henderson played well apart from the chelski goal, i am a bit shocked. Unhappy Couthino and Sturridge though! Want to watch that Jurgen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

And breathe out, phew, that was hard to watch towards the end!

Well done Hendo, best play I've seen out of him in a while and admittedly I had written him off....

Played well, still need to obviously strenghten the defence. Henderson played well apart from the chelski goal, i am a bit shocked. Unhappy Couthino and Sturridge though! Want to watch that Jurgen

People keep saying that but the game i was looking at Chelsea scored from their only real chance. Did Mignolet have to make a real save? I thought the back 4 was superb tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Marvellous. Weathered the storm and came out deserved winner's.

Firmino is hugely missed in the forward line with his workrate that neither Sturridge & Coutinho combined can match.

Firmino is hugely missed in the forward line with his workrate that neither Sturridge & Coutinho combined can match.

True, Danny had some nice flicks but he did very little. Wasn't really a game for him. Coutinho did well I thought with some great little balls, if its Firmino up top I think we win it a lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    People keep saying that but the game i was looking at Chelsea scored from their only real chance. Did Mignolet have to make a real save? I thought the back 4 was superb tonight.

Matip in particular looks so calm under pressure. He usually finds the simple pass instead of a panic hoof out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Great stuff considering we were a man down without Firmino for the most part. Matip has really added a lot to the defence. Was convinced we'd implode but we never really looked in danger after their goal. Result makes some the Chelsea fan predictions even funnier.

The movement from the team is a joy to behold at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Great start to the season, can stomach the Burnley game thrown in between wins away to Arsenal, Chelsea and a point at Spurs aswell as beating Leicester at home.

The way we play will mean we'll get tired in the last 15/20 which will put us under pressure if we're not out of sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Delighted for hendo. Has not put a foot wrong since the spurs game

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Great stuff considering we were a man down without Firmino for the most part.

Shots fired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That wasn't a particularly high quality performance in many respect but it was as disciplined and ballsy as we've been this season.

Our counter-attack was an absolute non-entity all game and the likes of Mane, Sturridge and Coutinho really didn't deliver on that front, nor were our attacks in general possession all that effective, but the work off the ball was herculean and the control in possession was immaculate.
    To be fair, Firmino was a big loss on the quality front.

I think literally the only blemish other than that was the cluster**** for their goal.

Lallana leaves his man, doesn't tell Hendo someone is on his blind side, Matip ****s up a tackle and then so does Lallana.
    A lot of ****ups to have all come at the same time.
    Great response after it though.

Until we show otherwise, we're a worse team than the expected top 5 so at the very least we need to turn these games into wars of attrition like tonight.
    We're actually pretty good at them. We have a **** up in us, but to be entirely fair, so does everyone else and we're actually pretty solid at defending in the main.
    We just give absolute guaranteed goals away now and again.:pac:

Massive win. Plenty of good performances in at least some respects. I don't think you can say anyone had particularly bad games, but after slating him a bit at Leicester I thought Clyne was really good today.
    Conversely, Milner wasn't great - he does this hopping bull**** that puts him off balance when someones standing him up on the wing and it nearly led to him giving a penalty away against a lump like Ivanovic.

I guess you'd give Hendo or Lovren man of the match. Near perfection from both and a goal a piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

10 points from last seasons top three and Chelsea in our first five games with four of them away from home is a great start to the season.

Real pity the Burnly result sours it all. Great start with really positive forward play.

True, Danny had some nice flicks but he did very little. Wasn't really a game for him. Coutinho did well I thought with some great little balls, if its Firmino up top I think we win it a lot easier.

I did think he still looked a lot sharper than the first few weeks. Even showed a bit of pace a few times.

I'm starting to think that maybe we might see bits of old Danny boy at some stage in the near future.

• Advertisement

This is the happiest I've been since the CL semifinal in 2005.

Who needs to park a bus to win a game? Not Liverpool!

Football, good football, damn good football won that game.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

'King delighted!

Chelsea were ****ing ****e though.

Gbear wrote: »
    That wasn't a particularly high quality performance in many respect but it was as disciplined and ballsy as we've been this season.

Our counter-attack was an absolute non-entity all game and the likes of Mane, Sturridge and Coutinho really didn't deliver on that front, nor were our attacks in general possession all that effective, but the work off the ball was herculean and the control in possession was immaculate.
    To be fair, Firmino was a big loss on the quality front.

I think literally the only blemish other than that was the cluster**** for their goal.

Lallana leaves his man, doesn't tell Hendo someone is on his blind side, Matip ****s up a tackle and then so does Lallana.
    A lot of ****ups to have all come at the same time.
    Great response after it though.

Until we show otherwise, we're a worse team than the expected top 5 so at the very least we need to turn these games into wars of attrition like tonight.
    We're actually pretty good at them. We have a **** up in us, but to be entirely fair, so does everyone else and we're actually pretty solid at defending in the main.
    We just give absolute guaranteed goals away now and again.:pac:

Massive win. Plenty of good performances in at least some respects. I don't think you can say anyone had particularly bad games, but after slating him a bit at Leicester I thought Clyne was really good today.
    Conversely, Milner wasn't great - he does this hopping bull**** that puts him off balance when someones standing him up on the wing and it nearly led to him giving a penalty away against a lump like Ivanovic.

I guess you'd give Hendo or Lovren man of the match. Near perfection from both and a goal a piece.

Who are the top 5? Cause we played Arsenal off the park and dominated Chelsea tonight.

Both away from home. We also were better than Spurs at White Hart Lane.

And we get no credit for making them sh*te?

They were because we made them look sh1te and because we were the better team not because they are sh1te because they aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Damien360 wrote: »
    Real pity the Burnly result sours it all. Great start with really positive forward play.

In a perverse kind of way I'm glad Burnley happened, otherwise I'd be in a sick gut-wrenching 'we're gonna win the league' frenzy. Better to be disappointed early...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Best defensive performance under klopp,even the goal was out of the blue. Pleasantly surprised and happy all round

Get the f**k in there!!!!!! Terrific display.

The added beauty of these Friday night games is that you can celebrate with a few beers too, doesnt get much better than that :)
    (I know most of us do that anyway regardless of kick-off times/days but this way we dont have to feel guilty) :)

If I was knit-picking then I'd like to see us keep the occasional clean sheet, conceding in all 5 games so far is slightly worrying BUT it's far outweighed by 10 points from a brutally tough opening 5 fixtures, still crazy that the solitary fcuk-up was Burnley.

Have to love Klopp's celebrations at full time with all the hugs, how could you NOT want to play well for that man?

And all that without Firminho who I'm certain would have been Klopp's preferred starter up top ideally (Sturridge did great anyway)

Time for a take-away and Match of The Day now........ Oh wait! :)

And we get no credit for making them sh*te?
    They were because we made them look sh1te and because we were the better team not because they are sh1te because they aren't.

Sarcasm lads!

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sarcasm lads!

Going by his other post i don't think so... could be wrong but defo not obvious sarcasm.

Regardless that was f*cking GREAT!

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sarcasm lads!

It wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Damien360 wrote: »

I was gutted for a week after that but, looking back now, it does look like an out of character blip as we've been very impressive since. We just look grittier this season. The fact that we played tonight without Firmino - who was untouchable last weekend - impresses me even more.

Ah they are though...

Going by his other post i don't think so...
    It wasn't.

Oh.......em.......thats how I read it but yea maybe not :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ricero wrote: »
    Delighted for hendo. Has not put a foot wrong since the spurs game

I was happy enough to be sceptical about his place under Klopp this season esp playing in a deeper role but I think he's getting to know the position under the boss's coaching. Also helps that he looks fitter now than at any point in the last 18 months or so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement