Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I see no reason to start Ings over Origi. Origi is clearly ahead of him in the pecking order and needs game time.

So do Ings and Ojo.

Origi needs to start showing it or there are 2 able options willing to give it a go.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

When was the last time we won at both the Emirates and Stamford Bridge in the same season?

Seems like we managed it in 11/12 under Kenny - we actually beat Chelsea twice at SB that season - league cup as well.

Can't have happened that often though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't see Mignolet losing his place anytime soon. He was brilliant tonight, totally dominated his box.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I would absolutely love us to have a boring 2-0 win over Hull in the next league game. I'd obviously on the day prefer a resounding 6-0 win, but boring 2-0 would be something we haven't done in ages.

We only have 4 days until the next game anyhow, so hopefully we can progress in the cup as well. Can and maybe even Sakho might be fit enough to start if he is trusted enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fcuking... Yee HAWWWWW!

Come on ta fcuk the rest of the weekend, I'm going mad, who's with me? Let's all get carried away, defintly going to walk the league at a canter the two years this season.

5starpool wrote: »
    I would absolutely love us to have a boring 2-0 win over Hull in the next league game. I'd obviously on the day prefer a resounding 6-0 win, but boring 2-0 would be something we haven't done in ages.

We only have 4 days until the next game anyhow, so hopefully we can progress in the cup as well. Can and maybe even Sakho might be fit enough to start if he is trusted enough.

No, we is going to blow Hull City Tigers away, blow them so bad, all the way back to the championship.

So glad we kept hold of Lucas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Nice to see we have a team of outfield players that can play ball and aren't afraid to show for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

RoboKlopp wrote: »

He still managed to give away his routine free kick in a dangerous position.

I have to say that it did annoy me somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Charlie19 wrote: »
    He still managed to give away his routine free kick in a dangerous position.

I have to say that it did annoy me somewhat.

Was that the one where Hazard kicked the back of his leg and fell over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Don't see Mignolet losing his place anytime soon. He was brilliant tonight, totally dominated his box.

Can easily see Karius starting Tuesday. Then if he does well I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the next league game

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Was that the one where Hazard kicked the back of his leg and fell over?

Lucas was late with his challenge and gave away a free in a dangerous position. Every other way to look at it, is not really relevant.

I Like Lucas BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

K-9 wrote: »
    So do Ings and Ojo.

Origi needs to start showing it or there are 2 able options willing to give it a go.

I'd like to see us play all 3 of them to be honest. Our senior lads deserve a bit of a break after that performance and run around.

Would go for something like;

Karius
    Randall---CB--Lucas---Moreno
    Ejaria--Stewert
    Grujic
    ----Origi--Ings---Ojo

No idea where our CB's fitness levels are...if Klavan and/or Sakho are capable, they should start. Same goes with Can in CM, would love to see him start beside Ejaria. Would have Firmino on the bench just in case, along with the likes of Brannagan, Alexander-Arnold and Toni Gomes. Maybe even Woodburn, but probably good to keep him out of the limelight for this season.

Klopp won't make near that many changes. Karius, Moreno, Lucas, Origi will start. Can if he is fit enough. It'll be a strong team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

F*cking delighted for henderson. The amount of stick that lad gets is unreal. Once again he bossed the midfield. The press and public have slated him over in England for the last few years. I've given up wondering do they even watch the lad play. He was outstanding tonight. I'm made up for 'im !!

Overall a fantastic display, especially first half. Matip again was excellent at the back... Although he did sell himself for the goal a small bit. Some of the football on display in tight situations tonight was outstanding. Tonight was the first time they got me thinking...."we look a bit like klopps dortmund here".

One gripe was the ref. He booked lucas for one tackle(hazard diving- leaving the leg) yet kante pulled back Coutinho first half as he went by him, then had Clyne round the neck second half, on top of numerous fouls here and there yet walked away scott free. Ivanovic too walked a fine line first half yet got nothing. Still... We whopped Chelsea at the bridge. It's all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Will still get some with no clue of what he brings to the team. Obviously brought on by mistake tonight cos he's not part of Klopp's plans. :cool:

I have to admit to being very fond of Matip so far. Origi appears to have regressed significantly. Look forwards to seeing Ings again.
    I see no reason to start Ings over Origi. Origi is clearly ahead of him in the pecking order and needs game time.
    K-9 wrote: »
    So do Ings and Ojo.

Unless one of them gets a good lash of minutes you can't really make a call on it. Origi will probably be the first of them to next start a game. ..... the other two will get chances too. It's the -ive of no EL.

Lucas is only here as we were deemed short at CB, he's most definitely not part of klopp's plans. If he was he's have been on much earlier. All IMO of course but he was a practically gone a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well that was great, two lovely goals and by and large a very good performance. Its been an impressive start to the season giving the fixtures we've had but cant help but feel we will mess up against the usual suspects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Home from work, first thing I do is look for extended highlights as I've managed to go the entire 11 hour shift at work without hearing a thing...

Can't really add anything to whats already been said previously, but stunning goal from Hendinho. Must have been taking lessons from Coutinho. It was inch perfect.

Onwards and upwards... all aboard the hype train!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

That'll do pig.
    Gigi my MOTM
    Scary spell after ht just like final against Seville...
    Once we correct this lax attitude after the break sure there's no way were not getting 4th/winning the league?:)

I'm only regret about last night, was that Alan Smith wasn't commentating as well.

Would have liked to hear his comments too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

F*ck. Yeah.

The team as a whole impressed me last night, everyone was playing together.
    The one tarnish I seen to that was Origi, he was playing his own game for a while, but when he was getting into the quick passing around the box he looked great.

On the other hand, Matip. I'm really impressed with that 90 from him apart from the not standing on his feet for the goal.
    YOu could see at the start of the game Costa was trying to wrestle with him and Costa ended up on his ar$e a couple of the times.

Gigi had some great little moments, he is sticking to the basics of football at the moment which I like, similar to Lovren.

And Henderson. Rooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Lucas was late with his challenge and gave away a free in a dangerous position. Every other way to look at it, is not really relevant.

I Like Lucas BTW.

He didn't give away anything, Hazard codded a free out of the ref. To suggest that's not relevant in discussing the incident is pretty bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Yea I knew all along he was goin to be great. I could see it in his eyes .

Needs more Haiku....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

corwill wrote: »
    He didn't give away anything, Hazard codded a free out of the ref. To suggest that's not relevant in discussing the incident is pretty bizarre.

Neville's commentary was great, "you can see he looks for it ,there,flicks the leg into Lucas standing foot ,but it's a free" .. yes Gary it's a free coz it was a dive and the ref bought it..

Maybe Lucas should have stepped out of the way altogether.

• Advertisement

Neville's commentary was great, "you can see he looks for it ,there,flicks the leg into Lucas standing foot ,but it's a free" .. yes Gary it's a free coz it was a dive and the ref bought it..

Maybe Lucas should have stepped out of the way altogether.

What a pair of wankstains Tyler and ratboy were last night. It was an added relish to hear them suffering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

First line of my speech. "Liverpool won what a day"!

Fecking delighted with that, I feel like death today so I'm going watch the entire match, I heard the first half was brilliant.

I'm feeling it again, that feeling I had in 13/14. The reds are coming up the hill boys :D

Congrats to yourself and your wife Rob.
    Many decades of happiness to ye.

3 pts on a Friday evening allows serious sit back and enjoy others drop pts.... all going well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rob316 wrote: »

Fecking delighted with that, I feel like death today so I'm going watch the entire match, I heard the first half was brilliant.

I'm feeling it again, that feeling I had in 13/14. The reds are coming up the hill boys :D

If I had to wait until after the game for your speech I'd have been firing sandwiches at you :)

Only joking...congratulations and enjoy day 2 of the wedding. Should be even better after that result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I was in work during the game, but kept popping out to see snippets.

Lads, this has been a fantastic start to the season. We've begun like title contenders, no two ways about it. If we can keep it cool with the bogey teams now, happy days.

7/9 points from London. That's pretty beast.

Congrats, Rob. If you can get married every weekend, that'd be sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

5starpool wrote: »

Watford last May I'd say.

Speak Now wrote: »
    Watford last May I'd say.

Forgot about that. Rare event though, a Liverpool 2-0 win over the last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hopefully now everyone will trust Klopp & not want overspending 50m + on overpriced players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Grayditch wrote: »
    I was in work during the game, but kept popping out to see snippets.

Lads, this has been a fantastic start to the season. We've begun like title contenders, no two ways about it. If we can keep it cool with the bogey teams now, happy days.

7/9 points from London. That's pretty beast.

Congrats, Rob. If you can get married every weekend, that'd be sweet
    It's hard to beat a Tuesday wedding.

Next Tuesday, to be exact!

ElTel wrote: »
    That'll do pig.
    Gigi my MOTM
    Scary spell after ht just like final against Seville...
    Once we correct this lax attitude after the break sure there's no way were not getting 4th/winning the league?:)

Against decent teams there will inevitable be periods where we are under pressure, quite often that's not us being lax but simply the ebb & flow of a game of football.

You'll even have poor enough teams ( relegation battlers) will get their 10/20 minute spell.... again, for the most part that's to their credit, not a failure on our part.

If people can't accept that than us playing well is simply the opposition being poor & we have put Chelsea, arsenal & Leicester to the sword in entertaining fashion already along with a credible point at Spurs so we can deduce we've been more than good IMO :)

Sometimes we will be poor, things won't go our way & decisions go against us, like all teams though we will end up where we should be based on us, not what the opposition did or didn't do :)

rob316 wrote: »

Nice one. Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What a pair of wankstains Tyler and ratboy were last night. It was an added relish to hear them suffering.

Rat boy went way way over the top when Chelsea scored, and for the rest of the game.
    Sweet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I Like Lucas BTW.

This to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Got this from reddit so I'll assume its correct.

We now have our best start to the Premier League season since 08/09. We have the same points after 5 matches as we did in 13/14, but with a higher goal difference. This is despite having faced the champions at home and Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea away.

Playing top teams has never really been our weakness though to be fair however playing them so close together doesn't really happen in the first few games, at least I cant remember a tougher start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

NukaCola wrote: »

We now have our best start to the Premier League season since 08/09. We have the same points after 5 matches as we did in 13/14, but with a higher goal difference. This is despite having faced the champions at home and Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea away.

Playing top teams has never really been our weakness though to be fair however playing them so close together doesn't really happen in the first few games, at least I cant remember a tougher start.

Regardless of whether we usually struggle against the weaker teams it doesn't change the fact that these are tougher games against harder opposition. Its easier to fix the problem of beating the weaker teams. Just score more goals and you beat the dregs of the league, like we did with Luis up top.

I do think with the addition of Mane and the movement offered by Gigi and Lallana from midfield we should be able to pull teams that sit back apart. Leicester held a deep line against us and we cut them open, got the goal and the hard part is done.

• Advertisement

I know a lot were giving out about them, and a lot were giving out about the giving out......however even if you are a neutral and you see Henderson strike a world class goal at Stamford bridge, friday night football, Chelsea vs Liverpool and all they can muster was an emotionless "Its a sumptuous goal" barely raised voice it takes you out of the moment a bit, I mean it went in and from the commentary I had to double check it didn't go over as it was silence and from listening to that pair for Liverpool games it happens all the time......I know its probably nit picking and I'm not saying they are biased, I'm not saying they should be roaring or anything but there was no enthusiasm/emotion at all.......are they like that for all goals in other games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The more I watch Hendos goal the more I hate Martin Tyler commentating on Liverpool matches.

If that was Utd he'd have fallen out of his chair. Same story with the Mane goal against Arsenal.

Hopefully that Burnley result & performance will serve as a stick for Klopp to beat the complacency out of anyone looking like they can afford to plateau in terms of effort.

Pretty delighted with the way things are starting to click. If Gini and Hendo can keep improving in midfield, with Can and Gruijic waiting in the wings, I'll feel a bit silly for fretting about the lack of a 'proper' CM signing. Milner is giving it his all at LB, not a long term solution, but working much better than I thought it would.

The most satisfying part of last night's performance was just how much more controlled it was than we'd seen under Klopp so far, for all the exhilarating attacking in the good games. Front three weren't as sparky as we've seen against Arsenal, Spurs or Leicester, but the team just solved the problems they were faced with on the pitch and worked Chelsea out. When Chelsea came back at us, it all fell to bits, but this time only for a while, we got back on top of the situation. That's tremendously reassuring, especially to see it against a decent outfit.

I do wonder, though, how things would have unfolded if Conte had sprung Fibreglass earlier, we started dropping off a lot once he was on, and he really started to find punishing passes. Also, a shame no-one repaid the little snide for his pre-season lunge on Klavan, wouldn't have broken my heart to see him flying through the air upside down.

Real progress and evolution, on top of performance and result. Just ****ing brill. What a way to start a weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Regardless of whether we usually struggle against the weaker teams it doesn't change the fact that these are tougher games against harder opposition. Its easier to fix the problem of beating the weaker teams. Just score more goals and you beat the dregs of the league, like we did with Luis up top.

I do think with the addition of Mane and the movement offered by Gigi and Lallana from midfield we should be able to pull teams that sit back apart. Leicester held a deep line against us and we cut them open, got the goal and the hard part is done.

I think mane is the key to beating the 'weaker teams. His direct running will pay dividends, damn the ACN

I didn't say otherwise, just pre-empting someone saying we don't struggle against top teams that come out and play.

I know its probably nit picking and I'm not saying they are biased,

It's not nit-picking, and if you won't say it, I will. Completely unprofessional pair of spunk-bubbles. But as I said above, I love to hear the anguish in the voices of "neutrals" these days, it's an extra sweetener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I didn't say otherwise, just pre-empting someone saying we don't struggle against top teams that come out and play.

Oh I know, didn't mean to come across as argumentative there (tho re-reading it I did). More just pointing out that regardless of past performances we've 3 of our hardest games of the season out of the way and we're in 4th! Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Just makes you realise that you have to enjoy these moments. I'm always worried about consistency but I think for the first time I can say fcuk worrying about what lies ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

JOEL!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement