Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If that man asked you to run through a brick wall you would do it for one of those hugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If that man asked you to run through a brick wall you would do it for one of those hugs.

I'd sooner run through a brick wall than try run through Matip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

corwill wrote: »
    It's not nit-picking, and if you won't say it, I will. Completely unprofessional pair of spunk-bubbles. But as I said above, I love to hear the anguish in the voices of "neutrals" these days, it's an extra sweetener.

Said it elsewhere but I enjoyed listening to Neville last night. He was like the spokesperson for all United fans who were glued to the game and drooling at the mouth expecting some escape from their own week of results.

It was almost as good as that time Scholes cried on air after the Europa league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Vicxas wrote: »
    The more I watch Hendos goal the more I hate Martin Tyler commentating on Liverpool matches.

If that was Utd he'd have fallen out of his chair. Same story with the Mane goal against Arsenal.
    I didn't watch it on sky but this just popped up on Facebook ...

(Possibly nsfw so didn't embed )
    http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz268/garyxbyrne/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1474109798147_zpsgc4vuznk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Speak Now wrote: »
    JOEL!!!!!!!

CsjIP2PWEAAbwn_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

What an odd game last night.
    Very quiet atmosphere at ground added to the much commented on funereal tone of the commentators made a strange experience.
    That said delighted with the result. For the first time under Klopp we find ourselves using adjectives like clinical, controlled and disciplined. Another dimension added to our game for a team that is growing in ability with every game. Apart from the one inevitable hiccup we looked very solid defensively.
    Very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Grayditch wrote: »
    I was in work during the game, but kept popping out to see snippets.

Lads, this has been a fantastic start to the season. We've begun like title contenders, no two ways about it. If we can keep it cool with the bogey teams now, happy days.

7/9 points from London. That's pretty beast.

Congrats, Rob. If you can get married every weekend, that'd be sweet

Problematic loss to Burnley still problematic. Since Klopp has arrived we seem to be able to beat and lose to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd rather drop points against Burnley than Arsenal or Chelsea, as these are the teams likely to be around us in the table come May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Have to give Sturridge credit for having the awareness to come back onside when Coutinho's ball came in for Lovren, just smart forward play.

I'd rather drop points against Burnley than Arsenal or Chelsea, as these are the teams likely to be around us in the table come May.

Of course, but I'm just trying to kindly cool the jets a touch. :)

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Problematic loss to Burnley still problematic. Since Klopp has arrived we seem to be able to beat and lose to anyone.

That performance was so bad, and the result echoed so strongly what we've been tearing our hair out over for a couple of decades under a number of regimes, that it can't be ignored, that would be asking far too much of any LFC fan who wasn't placed in cryogenic suspension on Xmas day, 1990.

But there's been so much improvement and progress across the rest of the season so far that I'm happy enough to park it for now. The manner of the win against Leicester, who really aren't the team they were last year, gives me a lot of hope for what we might do against teams not aiming for top 4 this year.

Next two league games are Hull at home and Swansea away. Then we've got a decent sample size for seeing where we are against the teams we want to leave behind on the march to the top.

That is definitely true.

It's great to be back consistently beating the top teams though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Even back in the 80s when we were wiping the floor with all of England and Europe there was the odd ridiculous loss. Same with Man Utd for the last 20 years. There will always be ridiculous losses...that's football.

People can't seem to just enjoy a win anymore,always look for negatives. It's very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

True but the response to that defeat has been excellent it has to be said....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

People can't seem to just enjoy a win anymore,always look for negatives. It's very strange.

I'm a bit like that being honest, I mean I enjoyed the win immensely, and always do but at the same time I always look towards the next game and concentrate on little/big mistakes a bit too much maybe.

Even back in the 80s when we were wiping the floor with all of England and Europe there was the odd ridiculous loss. Same with Man Utd for the last 20 years. There will always be ridiculous losses...that's football.

I thoroughly enjoyed the win. But I guess I still don't trust this team under Klopp. Trust has to be earned as they say. And the season is very long indeed. Many more wins required to get where we want to be.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'm a bit like that being honest, I mean I enjoyed the win immensely, and always do but at the same time I always look towards the next game and concentrate on little/big mistakes a bit too much maybe.

Me too, like Pavlov's dog, just need to hear the wrong piano note, and I'm biting my own leg and pissing on the carpet.

Sort of like - 5 game winning streak, game 6 against Open-Sewer Wanderers or whoever, and it's mentioned in pre-match build-up that their 33 yo, 2 stone overweight clod-hopper of a number 9 hasn't scored in 26 matches. Might as well stick the monthly mortgage payment on him for first scorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I hear what all of you are saying and pretty much agree with all of it. All I'm saying is the game was last night...enjoy it for a few days...take the piss out of any Chelsea fans you know and worry about the problems later. I'll be as worried as **** about the Hull game next Friday...until then I'm buzzing on last night.

Have to give Sturridge credit for having the awareness to come back onside when Coutinho's ball came in for Lovren, just smart forward play.

Likewise Mane for leaving it. Put Sturridge in that position and shout or no shout he's taking a swing at the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Liverpool have been incredibly inconsistent under Klopp even from half to half never mind game to game.

The next 3 games will be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Liverpool have been incredibly inconsistent under Klopp even from half to half never mind game to game.

The next 3 games will be interesting.

No team dominates for 90mins, no matter how good. There is a plan and it is pressing and counter. It works. The backs looked solid last night for all but the goal which was silly. If they can cut mistakes then it allows us to counter effectively.

That plan uses a lot of energy and we will always fade for a while in a game. Just need to plan how to deal with that pressure when we fade and get the energy back again.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Likewise Mane for leaving it. Put Sturridge in that position and shout or no shout he's taking a swing at the ball.

I thought another lino or ref might well have flagged Mane there, for interfering with play there. He only restrained himself at the last second, and DS did actually run back.

Come one, Turty, grit the auld gnashers and throw the kid just one bone (just not too hard, it might break one of his own). It can be our secret!

Damien360 wrote: »
    That plan uses a lot of energy and we will always fade for a while in a game. Just need to plan how to deal with that pressure when we fade and get the energy back again.

We crack this and the sky's the limit. It's why I and so many others on here were banging the CDM drum during the window, but I'm beginning to hope that we're going get that control by different means.

I think I already see Matip making a difference here, he's just exuding calm from CB, and it's not just being felt across the backline. Gini and Henderson can only be benefiting from knowing he's got their back. The way he just steps forward a couple of yards from CB and snuffs stuff out is magisterial. A proper baller, what a bargain. Not having Moreno's improv comedy act out at LB helps a lot as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Eating my words a bit about Hendo playing DM/CM the last two games. He's been exceptional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Charlie19 wrote: »

Imagine playing for that man. He's an absolute hero.

Knex. wrote: »
    Eating my words a bit about Hendo playing DM/CM the last two games. He's been exceptional.

Well, exceptional might be overdoing it, but the improvement is astonishing, like a different player. Happy for him, he's taken so much stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Of course, but being able to beat tough teams only to stutter against weaker sides sees like a much easier problem to solve than the reverse of that.

Switching off for periods in a match makes for difficult viewing too, but I'm definitely feeling good about us.

Good performances & good results for the very very most part. Really cannot find much grounds for genuine complaint, you won't get perfection across a game of football not to mind a season but 2ppg from the first 5 PL games is incredibly decent a haul.

Mignolet is even decent at the moment :)

Henderson seems to have been injury effected last season, couldn't fault him now.

Felt for him last week when he blazed a shot over, deserved last nights fully.

A fit Henderson is a guaranteed starter. Great the past few games

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I just finished the match thread.

It was glorious with the entrance of newly discovered chelsea fans and their slow, inglorious exit from the thread.

I feel like going back and thanking every post on that thread:)

It was glorious with the entrance of newly discovered chelsea fans and their slow, inglorious exit from the thread.

Did they leave early like the actual Chelsea fans?

If so that commitment to the gimmick is admirable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm not sure if posted in it, I'm not a sap like, so don't bother thanking any. Unless I did, then thank mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I like this. Is good.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm not sure if posted in it, I'm not a sap like, so don't bother thanking any. Unless I did, then thank mine.
    Not sure if I should thank this or not:confused:

:P

Gigi video from last night.

And good news for Turty, Sturridge not injured...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-confirms-11898954

• Advertisement

Doing a mada here:pac:

Suarez from last night?

https://my.mixtape.moe/jsqmqy.mp4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Following on from the Tyler stuff in the match thread...

the commentary the goal deserved. https://streamable.com/jb2z

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Was surprised reading the match thread that none of the neutrals reckoned there had been no improvement under klopp. Must only have that opinion when we lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The trick is to make sure it's just an odd ridiculous loss and not just the way we are against teams like that (because it very much has been since Klopp got here).

Liverpool broke my heart and I'm not ready to love again yet.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Charlie19 wrote: »

That is absolutely wonderful to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

They did indeed. Apparently they flagged a couple of posts too. They were plastic flags of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

mosstin wrote: »
    That is absolutely wonderful to watch.

It's a pity they left out the bit with him in front of the crowd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Following on from the Tyler stuff in the match thread...

the commentary the goal deserved. https://streamable.com/jb2z

Ha that's brilliant! Takes a breath and does a second GOL it was such a screamer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Gigi video from last night.

Great compilation video there. A lot of people were singing his praises last night and, I have to admit, I missed an awful lot of what he was doing in the middle of the pitch in particular.

I reckon with the role that he is playing, his goal return will be lower than it was at Newcastle but that's no bad thing if he can keep cycling the ball like he has done so far.

Other than that, cracking result. I was absolutely delighted - Chelsea had done well so far this season and they will not be happy with the run of games they have between now and December (seriously, it's bloody rough!!)

Joel Matip was a boss, really liking him so far. He is calm, collected and, other than the goal, he didn't put a foot wrong. He looks like he's been here far longer than he has - and that he should have cost an absolute fortune.

Can't have many complaints. It was a game of two halves from us - our performances before and after the break were polar opposites. But the resilience we showed under pressure for the second half was a really nice thing to see. As others have said, we have lacked this big time in recent seasons.

(And what a f*cking goal from Henderson!!)

The next 5 games will be an interesting run. Hull, Swansea, Man United, WBA, Palace...

Few potential banana skins for us, the return of Benteke, United under José... A lot to handle there!! We have more points than I expected after our first 5 (obviously Burnley is a frustrating result) so if we can carry on that form in the next 5, it'd be a really promising start to the season for us.

Other than that... Origi looking rusty. Hopefully (fitness depending!) we will see Origi, Karius, Klavan, Can and/or Ings against Derby and maybe again thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-3 and they beat Hull 4-1 so we should be okay next week! 8-4 :pac:

Anyone know when the TV fixtures are announced for end of November games? Looking at Sunderland in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Anyone know when the TV fixtures are announced for end of November games? Looking at Sunderland in particular.

I bookmark this site for TV games and that weekend seems to have already been picked by the tv companies with Liverpool game not selected.

http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Me too, like Pavlov's dog, just need to hear the wrong piano note, and I'm biting my own leg and pissing on the carpet.

Sort of like - 5 game winning streak, game 6 against Open-Sewer Wanderers or whoever, and it's mentioned in pre-match build-up that their 33 yo, 2 stone overweight clod-hopper of a number 9 hasn't scored in 26 matches. Might as well stick the monthly mortgage payment on him for first scorer.

Some excellent imagery there corwill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Delighted we beat Chelsea but more than that I am enthused by the progession of the team .
    Mig , llana , milliner and firmino have all came on in leaps and bounds under klopp.
    Even Klopp has learnt from mistakes by putting Lucas and Stewart on to shore up a midfield that was losing late on .
    Overall I am quite excited where this team will go go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

cjmc wrote: »
    Even Klopp has learnt from mistakes by putting Lucas and Stewart on to shore up a midfield that was losing late on .

That's spot on.

I was delighted with that too. We badly needed Lucas in particular to come in.

Chuffed he stayed and he remains a vastly under-rated part of our squad, but then again he's probably been a tad under rated by many the entire way through his career with us.
    Great pro and a vital part of our squad imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement