Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Vicxas wrote: »
    The more I watch Hendos goal the more I hate Martin Tyler commentating on Liverpool matches.

If that was Utd he'd have fallen out of his chair. Same story with the Mane goal against Arsenal.

Not long after it happened too he tried to play it off as a poor clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Turtyturd wrote: »
    that time Scholes cried on air after the Europa league game.

Oh that sounds delicious - Any chance of a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

watch the difference between Tyler's reaction to benteke overhead kick at old Trafford last year and then martials goal which he creamed himself to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsgTAXXW8AQBhgU.jpg

CsgTAXXW8AQBhgU.jpg
    Our team was playing a very, very high line away against Chelsea:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's not a high line that's a press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

The Tyler/Neville thing doesn't bother me in the slightest. When we score I'm screaming that much I can't hear the commentator anyway and if I watch highlights later, the commentary never registers anyway. We are a bit precious and easily offended as a group at times I think.
    Bottom line for me is that we beat Chelsea 2-1 at theirs and all the orgasmic commentary in the world isn't going to make that any more special for me.

We're last on MOTD :(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well technically, it isn't 'of the day' at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I usually come on here to slate Henderson but he did score a worldie last night.

Imagine Liverpool & Everton finishing 1st and 2nd at the end of the season :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Martin Tyler hates us and now the BBC hates us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Though we are first up on MOTY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bit stupid that we're last just because the game was yesterday, it's not like they've already done coverage of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just thinking of this song while reading last nights match thread

Bit stupid that we're last just because the game was yesterday, it's not like they've already done coverage of the game.

Did not see Football Focus but they did show the goals from the United V Southampton game on Football Focus when they played Friday night last month

I bookmark this site for TV games and that weekend seems to have already been picked by the tv companies with Liverpool game not selected.

http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html

Thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

At least the BBC commentators came across as enthusiastic about our goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Someone may be interested in this, Liverpool Fußall table for €40

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Someone may be interested in this, Liverpool Fußall table for €40

Someone tell Klopp.

Better LB there than Moreno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just thinking of this song while reading last nights match thread

Heard this on the radio yesterday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Decent article by Jonathan Wilson (proper journo) on Henderson v Chelsea - http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/action-jordan-henderson-revels-jurgen-klopps-holding-midfielder-vs-chelsea/

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Decent article by Jonathan Wilson (proper journo) on Henderson v Chelsea - http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/action-jordan-henderson-revels-jurgen-klopps-holding-midfielder-vs-chelsea/

Wilson has a lot of ground to make up in the credibility stakes after his ludicrous
    click bait article in the guardian about Klopp last month.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/25/the-question-will-jurgen-klopp-be-given-time-liverpool

Wilson has a lot of ground to make up in the credibility stakes after his ludicrous
    click bait article in the guardian about Klopp last month.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/25/the-question-will-jurgen-klopp-be-given-time-liverpool

Jaysis, I'd forgotten that dumpster fire. Completely out of character for him, only justifiable if someone had his kids as hostages. Tried to weasel out of it on Second Captains, too, by blaming a sub editor for the headline, but the article is substantively no better.

I'll give him a pass, though, it was completely out of character for him, while there are plenty of filth smeared hacks for whom a piece like that would be their daily bread. My working theory is that Wilson lost a bet with Daniel Taylor.

Nothing overly profound in the article
    - fit Henderson is all action
    - scored a wonder goal and put in a great performance
    - strays a bit when in holding position
    - probably better more advanced
    - can & Henderson be a good partnership maybe
    - Klopp probably not keen on a real deep lying holding CM

:)

News to anyone?

..... will the game shortly give the weekend it's first PL upset, a utd win :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Missing the Chelsea game & limited if any involvement on Tues will do him more good than harm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reports this morning saying we will bid 25 million for dahoud in january.

I seen pep guardiola singing his praises the other week so perhaps we want to get him in quick before city or another club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Good to see Firmino training again. Klopp made it clear that he was only left out as a precaution so not a surprise. Now if the result had gone against us, no doubt some people would have brought that up as an issue but...

Hoping for a fully fit squad soon. For no other reason than I have no idea who Klopp will start when we do have a fully fit eleven!!

My starting XI when everyone is fit would be...

Karius
    Clyne / Matip / Lovren / Milner
    Lallana / Henderson / Can
    Mané / Sturridge / Firmino

But I feel like I'm being particularly harsh on Wijnaldum and Coutinho there...

I reckon Jurgen will go with Coutinho more often than Sturridge, too.

To settle any potential arguments, I'm gonna go for a team of Joel Matips. He'd handle a team of Gary Breens pretty well I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Good to see Firmino training again. Klopp made it clear that he was only left out as a precaution so not a surprise. Now if the result had gone against us, no doubt some people would have brought that up as an issue but...

Hoping for a fully fit squad soon. For no other reason than I have no idea who Klopp will start when we do have a fully fit eleven!!

Karius

To settle any potential arguments, I'm gonna go for a team of Joel Matips. He'd handle a team of Gary Breens pretty well I reckon.

There won't be a set starting midfield or forward line. I'd imagine that Klopp will rotate one out most weeks to give them a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Karius

Assuming same levels of fitness for Lallana & Coutinho, I would go with:

Karius
    .................Can
    .......Hendo....Coutinho

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Nothing overly profound in the article
    - fit Henderson is all action
    - scored a wonder goal and put in a great performance
    - strays a bit when in holding position
    - probably better more advanced
    - can & Henderson be a good partnership maybe
    - Klopp probably not keen on a real deep lying holding CM

:)

News to anyone?

Not sure anyone said anything about profundity, Augeo. I just thought it was a nice balance for all the scorn that Henderson draws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

garra wrote: »
    Assuming same levels of fitness for Lallana & Coutinho, I would go with:

Karius
    .................Can
    .......Hendo....Coutinho

I would drop hendo before lallana, nice to have options though

corwill wrote: »
    .....I just thought it was a nice balance for all the scorn that Henderson draws.

Indeed, apologies..... it's good to see positivity about Henderson in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Going through the match thread from Friday just now. That post showing Grujic's reaction to Henderson's goal is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/WengerTactic/status/776870660668788736

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Was interesting to see Jordan reaction to scoring. He has clearly been reading what has being floating around about him. In the interview after match he said '' was about time he scored'' . That release of pressure from him when he scored was great.
    One could never fault his commitment to the cause, and people should realize he is learning a new way of playing under Klopp. I'm sure Klopp will remind him to concentrate for 90 mins, his mistake led to the goal the Chelsilians scored, should of tracked his man into box .

Anyone else worried about Koeman might achieve next year?

You know, once he takes over from the caretaker who takes over from Jose?

I'm no fan of discussing other teams fortunes on this thread but yes that's hilarious. Three defeats in a week, their star players blowing fuses all over the shop, an 18 year old who cost nothing their only real shining light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Mourinho just isn't the manager he was,wahooo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mourinho returning to the norm.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Are Utd / Pogba / Mour done ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    ..... will the game shortly give the weekend it's first PL upset, a utd win :pac:

Don't be daft :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

what a fantastic weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Yea, well, I wont revel in it too much but its nice to see the pre season enthusiasm knocked out of some overly confident United supporters......like making fun of some of our signings before a ball was kicked, or suggesting Klopp was buying poorly while they were shopping in the top bracket etc.....

Probably bounce back but long may it last.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's a shame we have a couple of games before the United match. Can't wait to play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about

Cso4cB7W8AEGHZq.jpgCso4cSaWgAAsZub.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

8-10 wrote: »
    It's a shame we have a couple of games before the United match. Can't wait to play them.

Is it too early for a match thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Is it too early for a match thread?

Not at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Who'll he blame it on this time?

Never thought he'd be found out by October.

Seriously, he'll eventually sort it out but my God it is glorious while it lasts. For all LVG's faults he had them solid at the back and Jose of all people went and ruined it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Yea, well, I wont revel in it too much but its nice to see the pre season enthusiasm knocked out of some overly confident United supporters......like making fun of some of our signings before a ball was kicked, or suggesting Klopp was buying poorly while they were shopping in the top bracket etc.....

Probably bounce back but long may it last.....

Just need some lime to go with all the salt being thrown around over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

8-10 wrote: »

Csop2oKWYAArWoN.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement