Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

If only there was a thread where we could post about Liverpool, I'd post this:pac:

https://twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/status/777553094238474245

League games since last two successive league defeats: United 0 Spurs 4 (plus today) Everton 6 Chelsea 10 Arsenal 15 City 16 Liverpool 38

Extremely odd Liverpool have such a strong showing in that stat. Unfortunately based on league placing last year I'd imagine it must mean we also have one of the worst records of successive wins.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Milkers wrote: »
    Extremely odd Liverpool have such a strong showing in that stat. Unfortunately based on league placing last year I'd imagine it must mean we also have one of the worst records of successive wins.

I'd say that is nailed on. It's pretty maddening. I'd imagine the last time we won 4 in a row was towards the end of the 13/14 season, and there won't have been many 3 in a row since either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ive seen every utd game this season,they have been very fortunate to get the points they have,have not played well at all bar a few mins against city,very disjointed,pogba anonymous, it will most likely change but i didnt get their optimism after a few sketchy wins. we all knew what jose's style was,its not how the utd fans like their team to play,but they are so desperate to be relevant again they will accept it blindly ,no better man than jose to milk it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm getting awful tinges of 13-14 deja vu on here lately, specially today!
    Long may it last and I'll take the inevitable lost posters if we go as close this year.
    Hopefully turty is one of them.

They always up the body count for the sequel. I think 'The Power Trip II' would end with Harry talking to himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Milkers wrote: »
    SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

They'll hear you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    They always up the body count for the sequel. I think 'The Power Trip II' would end with Harry talking to himself.

R8GhI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd say that is nailed on. It's pretty maddening. I'd imagine the last time we won 4 in a row was towards the end of the 13/14 season, and there won't have been many 3 in a row since either.
    You're right.

Last season, the second half collapse against Southampton was the fourth league game in a winning run (Aston Villa 6-0, Man City 3-0, Crystal Palace 2-1). The cup competitions affected the league performances at the tail end of the season, the Southampton game was on the back of the games against Man Utd in the Europa League. The second half collapse against Newcastle was also the fourth league game in a winning run (Stoke 4-1, Bournemouth 2-1, Everton 4-0).

I think in the 14/15 season we struggled to put together more than two consecutive results, I certainly don't remember winning three consecutive games that season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tue 10/02/15 PRL Liverpool 3 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
    Sun 22/02/15 PRL Southampton 0 - 2 Liverpool
    Sun 01/03/15 PRL Liverpool 2 - 1 Manchester City
    Wed 04/03/15 PRL Liverpool 2 - 0 Burnley
    Mon 16/03/15 PRL Swansea City 0 - 1 Liverpool
    Sun 14/02/16 PRL Aston Villa 0 - 6 Liverpool
    Wed 02/03/16 PRL Liverpool 3 - 0 Manchester City
    Sun 06/03/16 PRL Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Liverpool
    Sun 10/04/16 PRL Liverpool 4 - 1 Stoke City
    Sun 17/04/16 PRL AFC Bournemouth 1 - 2 Liverpool
    Wed 20/04/16 PRL Liverpool 4 - 0 Everton

Tue 10/02/15 PRL Liverpool 3 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
    Sun 22/02/15 PRL Southampton 0 - 2 Liverpool
    Sun 01/03/15 PRL Liverpool 2 - 1 Manchester City
    Wed 04/03/15 PRL Liverpool 2 - 0 Burnley
    Mon 16/03/15 PRL Swansea City 0 - 1 Liverpool
    Wow I completely blotted out that purple patch in the 2014/15 season from my memory.

Talisman wrote: »
    Wow I completely blotted out that purple patch in the 2014/15 season from my memory.

It got us in commanding position for top4 for a bit.
    Allen played quite a few of those games, Lucas the others.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    It got us in commanding position for top4 for a bit.
    Allen played quite a few of those games, Lucas the others.
    Clearly you're memory is worse than mine! :)

Man Utd were the ones in the commanding position for the top 4 place, the purple patch put us in contention for the top 4 place until the surrender monkey performance against them at Anfield.

And Lucas was out injured at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks like spurs could have a bad run. Kane, Dembele and Dier all picked up knocks against Sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Comedy bbc 1
    Really funny .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Vicxas wrote: »
    Looks like spurs could have a bad run. Kane, Dembele and Dier all picked up knocks against Sunderland

They had great luck with injuries last season. Hardly lost anyone until Vertonghen injured himself towards the end of the season. Meant they could put out the same team week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They had great luck with injuries last season. Hardly lost anyone until Vertonghen injured himself towards the end of the season. Meant they could put out the same team week in week out.

I think they're a little better equipped this year than last. That said, a key player or two for a few months could stull scupper their season.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

He got by Lallana in midfield and Lallana tried to get back goal side of him but stumbled and lost his balance. Matic did run in behind Hendo though who was caught ball watching the Chelsea player out on the wing. Pretty much his only mistake of the game though.

Yes and then he gave up tracking him, he could have turned on the after burners after being outmuscled, what you call a stumble, by Matic and made it back but after Matic shrugged him aside he gave up on him when he could have made it back to him. Watch the goal again. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing Lallana, he has been magnificent this season and I really like him as part of a middle 3 and think it was a masterstroke from Klopp to play him there, all I'm saying is it is very harsh to blame Hendo for the goal when the reality is that anyone of 4 or 5 players could have done something better to prevent the goal.

Clearly you're memory is worse than mine! :)

...... not really considering you forgot that spell entirely until you were reminded of it, did some thinking/googling and came back with more detail.

...... not really considering you forgot that spell entirely until you were reminded of it, did some thinking/googling and came back with more detail.
    It may have taken me longer to recall the details - a sign of old age perhaps, but at least I didn't imagine Lucas playing a part in that particular run of games! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Surprisingly quiet in here for a victory over a top 4 rival, here's an article on Hendersons improvement:

Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

mormank wrote: »
    Yes and then he gave up tracking him, he could have turned on the after burners after being outmuscled, what you call a stumble, by Matic and made it back but after Matic shrugged him aside he gave up on him when he could have made it back to him. Watch the goal again. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing Lallana, he has been magnificent this season and I really like him as part of a middle 3 and think it was a masterstroke from Klopp to play him there, all I'm saying is it is very harsh to blame Hendo for the goal when the reality is that anyone of 4 or 5 players could have done something better to prevent the goal.

Lallana for me was a big part of that goal. Like u said getting out-muscled then jogging back instead of tracking and then ending up on his arse for Matic to chip it over him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I see Balotelli was left out of the Nice squad because of citing the player's "fragile physical condition".

The more that fella appears in the news the more you think he should have become a bus driver or something. He's not destined to play many games is he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

GBX wrote: »
    I see Balotelli was left out of the Nice squad because of citing the player's "fragile physical condition".

The more that fella appears in the news the more you think he should have become a bus driver or something. He's not destined to play many games is he.

"Fragile physical condition"? Sounds like he was in a car crash! Of course, figuratively, he was, and continues to be. And his sleazy agent is straight to the press having a cut off Klopp yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Some jilted girlfriends think people want to hear the same story over and over.

But last week the press/sites were acclaiming his brilliance once again so it must be Liverpools fault if he wasn't up to scratch here?

The short term thinking bugs the hell out of me and it seems endemic today. Henderson being a case in point. One good game and he is the new messiah whereas 2 games ago he was useless and should be sold immediately for 2 packets of Tayto and a can of Red Bull.

There is awful pressure for immediate results/fixes and fans seem to go ballistic if a perceived fix isn't immediate. Or better still, yesterday. Like with Mourinho and United fans, I take personal delight is his recent string of results but I also realise that there is a good chance that he will sort most of them out in the next few weeks but here is a growing chorus for him to be replaced, similar to here when we had a bad few games last year.

I still reckon Balotelli could come good for someone because there is a fantastic footballer hiding somewhere inside his head but he doesn't seem arsed atm, does he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Probably off queuing up somewhere for a new iPhone 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

He was smoking and drinking wine all Summer ffs.

It may have taken me longer to recall the details - a sign of old age perhaps, but at least I didn't imagine Lucas playing a part in that particular run of games! :p

I think the purple patch extended beyond 5 consecutive wins. You seem to be of the view that the purple patch is just the 5 fixtures where we had consecutive wins.

I'm not about to argue over what constitutes the purple patch you forgot & the purple patch I remember.

I think the purple patch extended beyond 5 consecutive wins. You seem to be of the view that the purple patch is just the 5 fixtures where we had consecutive wins.

I'm not about to argue over what constitutes the purple patch you forgot & the purple patch I remember.

We did have a series of very decent results over a set of 10-12 games or so where we improved from a bad start, but it got forgotten when we descended into a terrible finish culminating with our last 2 games being 2-9 on aggregate vs Palace and Stoke, and 8 points in our last 9 games in the league.

Even in those 10-12 games though, aside from one or two games perhaps, our football was pretty dire and hard to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

That purple patch was memorable for the claims that Rodgers had some secret methodology of just about hanging on in there preXmas before accelerating away with 45/57 points or better in the second half of seasons.
    I probably fell for it myself.

• Advertisement

That purple patch was memorable for the claims that Rodgers had some secret methodology of just about hanging on in there preXmas before accelerating away with 45/57 points or better in the second half of seasons.
    I probably fell for it myself.

If we had beaten Utd I reckon we would have finished above them, but that and the 4-1 defeat away to Arsenal after that really knocked the confidence from the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

I see Balotelli was left out of the Nice squad because of citing the player's "fragile physical condition"..

Not sure how much of the Balotelli stuff is newspaper fabrication and how much of it is true, but if half of it is true, you'd have to be worried for the lad in about 15 years. For all the money he's made and will make, he could end up like gazza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Not sure how much of the Balotelli stuff is newspaper fabrication and how much of it is true, but if half of it is true, you'd have to be worried for the lad in about 15 years. For all the money he's made and will make, he could end up like gazza.

He'll be fine. In 15 years, he'll be a postman.

Well Sakho won't play tomorrow night anyhow, that's for sure. Firmino is available, but Klopp gave very little else away in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Well Sakho won't play tomorrow night anyhow, that's for sure. Firmino is available, but Klopp gave very little else away in that regard.

I expect us to put out a strong team, similar to the Burton game. Might see starts for Karius, Klavan and Origi but wouldn't expect much more changes than that. Really hope we see a start for Grujic

Colemania wrote: »
    I expect us to put out a strong team, similar to the Burton game. Might see starts for Karius, Klavan and Origi but wouldn't expect much more changes than that. Really hope we see a start for Grujic

Those 3 and Can (if ready) will start, and probably Lucas too I reckon, but probably in midfield. Maybe Moreno too, but that will be it. Ings, Grujic and any other will be bench at best.

• Advertisement

Jake Joe @AcademyLFC
    #LFC u23s vs Spurs:

Grabara, Arnold, Maguire, Ilori, Whelan, Stewart, Wilson, Virtue, T Gomes, Brannagan, Woodburn.

Not playing tomorrow then.

edit - not on TV and they are 3-0 up in 10 mins! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

8 minutes to be exact. What a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ronnie Whelan the kiss of death right there the man that flip flops more than a fish out of water and will say what whoever pays hims wants him to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Only time to listen to Ronnie is when he's commentating on Arsenal games.

• Advertisement

Jake Joe @AcademyLFC
    #LFC u23s vs Spurs:

Grabara, Arnold, Maguire, Ilori, Whelan, Stewart, Wilson, Virtue, T Gomes, Brannagan, Woodburn.

Not playing tomorrow then.

FT

0 - 1 4 H. Wilson
    0 - 2 6' B. Woodburn
    0 - 3 8' C. Brannagan
    0 - 4 33' T. Arnold
    1 - 4
    1 - 5 80' C. Brannagan
    1 - 6 84' B. Lennon
    2 - 6

FT

0 - 1 4 H. Wilson
    0 - 2 6' B. Woodburn
    0 - 3 8' C. Brannagan
    0 - 4 33' T. Arnold
    1 - 4
    1 - 5 80' C. Brannagan
    1 - 6 84' B. Lennon
    2 - 6
    Was Arnold fullback again? He seems to get a good few goals from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hi all .
    Someone posted a link for live football schedules on Tc a few pages back, I've looked through but can't find it . I think it was called ' love football '
    If anyone can repost the link twud be swell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

cjmc wrote: »
    Hi all .
    Someone posted a link for live football schedules on Tc a few pages back, I've looked through but can't find it . I think it was called ' love football '
    If anyone can repost the link twud be swell :)

Might have been me.
    http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html

Damn you AJ, just about to post that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I would restart my live football thread but no point when it keeps dropping to page 2 of the forum :pac:

Well Sakho won't play tomorrow night anyhow, that's for sure......

No mention of soon or anything along those lines either.

No mention of soon or anything along those lines either.

Nope. Basically whenever Klopp feels he has earned it. For all of his excitable, smiling demeanour, I love how no nonsense and serious he is when it comes to being dedicated and the best they can be.

I see some generic twitter stuff that Ejaria is in line to make his debut for Liverpool tomorrow night. Not sure if it is just speculation or some inside whispers (twitter ITK, obv) but him starting would be a big surprise, but I'd be looking forward to it if it is the case. I think Harry would faint from excitement.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement