Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

5starpool wrote: »
    Nope. Basically whenever Klopp feels he has earned it. For all of his excitable, smiling demeanour, I love how no nonsense and serious he is when it comes to being dedicated and the best they can be.
    Exactly, Ings has had games with the u23's and training for weeks and is still not in the squad yet. Could make it tomorrow, but would expect him to be only on the bench. Firmino only had a slight strain on Thursday but was not risked because he wasn't 100%. I don't think Klopp will pander to any player, the team come first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

mav79 wrote: »
    Exactly, Ings has had games with the u23's and training for weeks and is still not in the squad yet. Could make it tomorrow, but would expect him to be only on the bench. Firmino only had a slight strain on Thursday but was not risked because he wasn't 100%. I don't think Klopp will pander to any player, the team come first.

I don't think there's any need whatsoever to start Firmino tomorrow. Some winnable matches coming up in the league - against a few teams who'll sit in against us - so his invention will be needed then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I see some generic twitter stuff that Ejaria is in line to make his debut for Liverpool tomorrow night. Not sure if it is just speculation or some inside whispers (twitter ITK, obv) but him starting would be a big surprise, but I'd be looking forward to it if it is the case. I think Harry would faint from excitement.

Would quite like to see that...he played a lot in preseason and was certainly one of our better midfielders. Unlikely, but i'd love to see him start with a stalwart midfielder beside him like Can, Milner or Lucas, and then Grujic right in front of them. Then, say, Firmino, Ings, and Origi as the front three - if Firmino is fit. If not, maybe Ojo in there for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ojo only just back training fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

The DailyFail has Kane out for two months with ligament damage. Was beginning to think he unbreakable like Suarez. Apparently not.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/777985762788868098

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We play Man u at 8pm on a weekday under the lights. That's a rare thing.
    Can't recall last time that happened in league.

I don't see 3pm Saturday games on that list. I'm sure we will feature in quite a few on Sky Sports 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Broken Matt Hardy has spoken.

This makes the weekend totally awesome
    https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/status/777904120393043968
    I find your way with words INVIGORATING, @LFC.

#DELETE
    #DELETE
    #DELETE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I guess they saw last season that everything went smoothly enough when we played in the Europa, so figured it's a go'er. It'll draw serious viewing figures for them, so probably worth the risk id say. Will be a brilliant atmosphere.

• Advertisement

Outside of our goalkeeper & centre backs are we playing total football under Klopp?

Matip & Lovren have been a lot more attacking so maybe we are playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Is our game on TV tomorrow folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

john why wrote: »

I arranged to meet a buddy in the pub. It better be on. Really should have checked first.

Edit....Uh oh Leicester Chelsea on sky. Not looking good.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

john why wrote: »

It is on in some countries so should be easily available online, but not on normal TV, no. You might have to abandon the pub plans if you want to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

It is on in some countries so should be easily available online, but not on normal TV, no. You might have to abandon the pub plans if you want to watch it.

Or bring your Chromecast, plug it into the pub's TV and work some interweb magic from your phone, tablet or laptop ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Does anyone here know of any pubs in Dublin that do stream Liverpool matches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its great as coutinho and firmino are both in the Brazil squad so gives them more time to recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Does anyone here know of any pubs in Dublin that do stream Liverpool matches?

The Woolshed streams the EPL games and have listed Saturday's 3pm game v Hull as one they'll show.

But tonight they're just listing Chelsea v leicester. Not sure if they could put it on if you a ask, maybe worth a call? Game is on BEIN Sports Connect so depends on what providers they have set up (I presume they have the Australian / NZ / South Africa tv providers streaming?)

Edit: scratch that, The Living Room off O'Connell St looks to have it - http://www.thelivingroom.ie/sports/full-schedule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

It's incredible how quickly predictions change.

Opening round: Liverpool put 4 past Arsenal, they're contenders. Wenger needs to go. Spurs only drew with Everton? They don't have enough players for CL and a league push. With Pep and Mourinho, City and United surely favourites for the league.

Round 2: Liverpool lose 2-0 to Burnley - fooked. Lucky to get 4th. Same old problems. Conte has Costa banging them in again. Chelsea will defo get top 4. Mourinho and Ibra will win United the league. Arsenal only managed a draw with relegation candidates Leicester? They're gone.

Round 3: Decent LFC performance v Spurs, who look poor. They won't make top 4 this season. Harry Kane is a busted flush. Chelsea really are back. United winning in Fergie time again, of course. Mourinho knows how to win them the league. They'll hold off City now and go top after that. Arsenal only beat Watford, big deal.

Round 4: Liverpool hammer the Champions. We're BACK. Chelsea robbed vs Swansea, slight dent in their title push. Arsenal scraped a win v Southampton? Jammy. 2-1 City in the derby - Pep is the only chink in Mourinho's armour. They'll just edge United to the title this season then. But their dodgy keeper will cost them a few points.

Round 5: Pep is unstoppable - how ever will they drop points? They'll win the quadruple and go unbeaten. United are imploding, typical Mourinho. Spurs lose Kane? They're gone. So it's between Liverpool and City, then. Liverpool have already played all the top teams in the toughest opening fixture list ever. This will go right to the wire.

Current top 4:

1 Manchester City
    2 Everton
    3 Tottenham Hotspur
    4 Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Sappy404 wrote: »
    It's incredible how quickly predictions change.

Opening round: Liverpool put 4 past Arsenal, they're contenders. Wenger needs to go. Spurs only drew with Everton? They don't have enough players for CL and a league push. With Pep and Mourinho, City and United surely favourites for the league.

Round 2: Liverpool lose 2-0 to Burnley - fooked. Lucky to get 4th. Same old problems. Conte has Costa banging them in again. Chelsea will defo get top 4. Mourinho and Ibra will win United the league. Arsenal only managed a draw with relegation candidates Leicester? They're gone.

Round 3: Decent LFC performance v Spurs, who look poor. They won't make top 4 this season. Harry Kane is a busted flush. Chelsea really are back. United winning in Fergie time again, of course. Mourinho knows how to win them the league. They'll hold off City now and go top after that. Arsenal only beat Watford, big deal.

Round 4: Liverpool hammer the Champions. We're BACK. Chelsea robbed vs Swansea, slight dent in their title push. Arsenal scraped a win v Southampton? Jammy. 2-1 City in the derby - Pep is the only chink in Mourinho's armour. They'll just edge United to the title this season then. But their dodgy keeper will cost them a few points.

Round 5: Pep is unstoppable - how ever will they drop points? They'll win the quadruple and go unbeaten. United are imploding, typical Mourinho. Spurs lose Kane? They're gone. So it's between Liverpool and City, then. Liverpool have already played all the top teams in the toughest opening fixture list ever. This will go right to the wire.

Current top 4:

1 Manchester City
    2 Everton
    3 Tottenham Hotspur
    4 Arsenal

It's gonna be a real sickener when Everton win the title, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Hi looking at going on a trip to match a match at Anfield any ideas on relatively cheep trip?

• Advertisement

Sappy404 wrote: »
    It's incredible how quickly predictions change...........

Indeed, sample size :)

After 5 games though we have 10 pts so all considered (Matip, Mane, Wij' being new to the team, opposition played etc etc etc) you'd be very confident that we'll go on to launch a serious Top4 challenge for much of the season and all going well attain Top4.

Be delighted with that and anything better would be very much bonus/serious over performance territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Augeo wrote: »

After 5 games though we have 10 pts so all considered (Matip, Mane, Wij' being new to the team, opposition played etc etc etc) you'd be very confident that we'll go on to launch a serious Top4 challenge for much of the season and all going well attain Top4.

Be delighted with that and anything better would be very much bonus/serious over performance territory.

I wouldn't be confident of that all.

Enjoying seeing how things pan out, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

jem wrote: »
    Hi looking at going on a trip to match a match at Anfield any ideas on relatively cheep trip?

Rail and sail from Dublin port to Liverpool Lime Street for €78 pp. Only thing is it would be a full day travelling unless you were to book into a hotel in Liverpool for a night. I'm going to Hull game this weekend via the ferry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Knex. wrote: »

Yup. Football is chaos. But if there's one thing I've learned in the last few years, it's never to get your hopes up about Liverpool. And that rings true in the short term, as well. For example, I fully expect us to hammer Derby tonight, **** ourselves into a stupor about Ejaria, Karius and Origi*, and then drop a massive clanger against Hull.

*Or any other decent youngsters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

This seems to be our fanbase in a nutshell right now.

I have my doubts I have to say - we were dire against Burnley and there are plenty more games to come where teams will set out like that to shut us down. It is a relatively simple and pretty effective tactic that we have stumbled against repeatedly over the last few seasons.

Last season, we were very good against the top sides (same so far this year) and yet still managed to make a balls of what should have been some routine games.

I am excited with how well the big games have gone and how good some of our players look, but let's not count our chickens, eh?

As was said above, we've seen people go from crowning United champions to claiming Jose has completely lost it in about 3 weeks. A few tough/bad games and we won't be long seeing a moodswing for Liverpool, Everton, City and everyone else too. It's so early in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

0-0 on Saturday should see us brought back down to earth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

kfallon wrote: »

No chance

I've given my two cards to a friend to go to the game. Every time I've done this in the past they've gotten cracking games so no doubt this will be a great one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Shanee. wrote: »
    Rail and sail from Dublin port to Liverpool Lime Street for €78 pp. Only thing is it would be a full day travelling unless you were to book into a hotel in Liverpool for a night. I'm going to Hull game this weekend via the ferry.

Where will I get tickets ?
    read here about a "tour" going to some matches including tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

kfallon wrote: »

I said at the start of the season that I could see us scoring goals in every game. We've scored at least 2 in every game so far this season (bar the clusterfcuk that was Burnley).

I can still see us scoring goals in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

jem wrote: »
    Where will I get tickets ?
    read here about a "tour" going to some matches including tickets

The cheapest way to get tickets is directly from the club. You'll need to become a member first (as will anyone else looking to go to the match)

Light membership is the cheapest option that gives you access to ticket sales: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/adult

The tours charge an arm and a leg to go over but if you're only looking to do it as a once off then you might not mind paying

• Advertisement

Without any European football and not playing catch up from the start I think we will go on to challenge for Top4, might well not get it but if we spend the season 10th to 6th ish never thereabouts I'd be surprised :)

We are thereabouts now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

x43r0 wrote: »
    The cheapest way to get tickets is directly from the club. You'll need to become a member first (as will anyone else looking to go to the match)

Light membership is the cheapest option that gives you access to ticket sales: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/adult

The tours charge an arm and a leg to go over but if you're only looking to do it as a once off then you might not mind paying

Does a single adult light membership give you the ability to purchase a single ticket? If I want two tickets for myself and my 11 year old do I have to purchase two light memberships first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Does a single adult light membership give you the ability to purchase a single ticket? If I want two tickets for myself and my 11 year old do I have to purchase two light memberships first?

you will be lucky to get any ticket, perhaps others here were successful but i myself never managed to get a ticket through being a member! Process is a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Bullet dodged big time there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Ironic name for his book considering every time he opens his mouth a stream of nonsense comes out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Umaro wrote: »
    It's Joey Barton, why anybody gives him the time of day is beyond me. He's an attention seeking thug who hasn't amounted to much as a football player despite what he thinks.

It's far more likely that Barton wanted to be sent off in that game because the resulting three match ban for violent conduct meant he missed the last three games of the season. He was banned for the games which saw the club relegated and in his mind that means he couldn't be held responsible for the failure of the team that season. Obviously he was their best player and if he had played he would have kept them up - it's Roy of the Rovers wannabe stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Further proof that Gerrard is a very poor judge of players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

In Barton's defence he had probably just read Nietzsche's 'Alsonso is injured, you hurt him' quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Umaro wrote: »

Is he giving his interviews in a Scottish accent now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Imagine Joey Barton making headlines/articles/buzz for actually playing football well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Imagine we could have had Barton and Bowyer play in the same team if the stars aligned ;)

Alonso surely one of the top 10 players of the 15 years in world football he just makes every team he plays for tick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

he was going to hit it earlier but the ref got in the way! :)

Alonso surely one of the top 10 players of the 15 years in world football he just makes every team he plays for tick.

Just below Gareth Barry..........

Has to be the worst decision ever to sell Alonso . A great servant to football as a whole, but it could of all been with Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Has to be the worst decision ever to sell Alonso . A great servant to football as a whole, but it could of all been with Liverpool.

The worst part was that Benitez thought Gareth Barry was a better midfielder.

GARETH

BARRY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement