Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

K-9 wrote: »
    Clyne was very good against Chelsea, don't know if he was mentioned, but he was criticised before that.

It looks as though he's been told to push higher up the pitch this year, period of adjustment is inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »
    I never mentioned Sturridge v Chelsea, I simply mentioned we beat them without our alleged "main man" as Firmino is now being deemed.

You said if Sturridge isn't involved in plenty of games we wont be doing well as we could.....I said he'll play in the majority of games but games like away to Chelsea are examples of when he wont be used.

Your post comes across like your upset/annoyed Firmino is being rated highly which is weird being honest......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sturridge is due a goal
    He was great in our first game at home, will be hard not to start him.

NukaCola wrote: »
    You said if Sturridge isn't involved in plenty of games we wont be doing well as we could.....I said he'll play in the majority of games but games like away to Chelsea are examples of when he wont be used.

Your post comes across like your upset/annoyed Firmino is being rated highly which is weird being honest......

I rate firmino highly. I don't think he's an out & out striker though and if he'd played in a front 3 that doent have one I think we'll struggle unnecessarily.

I think it's weird what you think my post comes across like TBH. The sisters be loving it of course.

I remember origi was deemed Klopp s main striker last year, that didn't last long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Maybe he just rates Sturridge more than Firmino, while being contentious it's hardly weird.

I think it's weird what you think my post comes across like TBH.

Why would you think its weird though? You said

"we beat them without our alleged "main man" as Firmino is now being deemed"

It doesn't come across to me in that post that you rate him highly at all. Maybe just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would start Sturridge vs Hull. I would play Mane,Coutinho,Firmino & Sturridge & take out Lallana even though he has been excellent.

garra wrote: »
    Maybe he just rates Sturridge more than Firmino, while being contentious it's hardly weird.

I think its a bit weird to rate Sturridge more than Firmino :pac:

My point was the post came across like he was annoyed about it though which is what I found weird.

The sisters be loving it of course

:confused:
    I remember origi was deemed Klopp s main striker last year, that didn't last long.

By who? :pac: give over.......what has that got to do with Firmino anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's Jonjo Shelvey all over again.

Shelvey always had the making of a good player. I was very dissapointed when he was sold.

• Advertisement

I rate firmino highly. I don't think he's an out & out striker though and if he'd played in a front 3 that doent have one I think we'll struggle unnecessarily.

I think it's weird what you think my post comes across like TBH. The sisters be loving it of course.

who is the sisters lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The passive-aggressive-o-meter is nearing 100!

MD1990 wrote: »
    who is the sisters lol?

Must be a Cork thing......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

who is the sisters lol?

I think that's his hilarious name for anybody who likes posts that disagree with him.

Top quality bantz kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Sturridge appears to be one of those footballers who just does not like playing. It's inexplicable how he can suffer so many injuries and there is clearly an element of feigning on his part. Klopp appears to hold a similar view. He should be sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Shelvey always had the making of a good player. I was very dissapointed when he was sold.

Two legs are essential towards the makings of all good players, but beyond that he had f*ck all really. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sturridge is one of those players where the public view of him is very different from the type of man he is. His team mates and manager know the man behind the player, we only see the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sturridge is one of those players where the public view of him is very different from the type of man he is. His team mates and manager know the man behind the player, we only see the player.

Well then...eh... how do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Grayditch wrote: »
    Well then...eh... how do you know?

He looked into his eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Must be a Cork thing......

It's lovely like...

"we beat them without our alleged "main man" as Firmino is now being deemed"

Alleged "main man" was mentioned as some claim him to be that. I pointed out that we beat Chelsea, away from home without Firmino.

I'm not annoyed that anyone thinks Firmino is the main man, nor was I annoyed when people reckoned Origi was our main striker, nor was I annoyed when there was repeated mentions of Firmino losing the ball or misplacing passes.

I simply make my point when I want to.

You thinking I am annoyed at things when I'm not I find weird. I'll be clear it doesn't annoy me though.

I do like how some very very seldom posters pop up with utterings when someone disagrees with or trys to pick apart a post I make. They must be annoyed :) (weird eh).......... there's one lad I reckon half of his posts in here over the last year are about me. Some contributor he (or she) is.

chicorytip wrote: »
    ...........there is clearly an element of feigning on his part. ...............

Clearly not imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

"we beat them without our alleged "main man" as Firmino is now being deemed".

Side note, if that was posted with Sturridge instead of Firmino nobody would bat an eye, and a good few people would thank it.

I don't really get the issue between people on both sides of the fence, to be honest. The constant sniping at each other is ****ing tedious, however.

This post isn't directly aimed at you either, just that your recent one made me think of the above point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    He looked into his eyes.

What did he see?

The Cult of personality injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

The Hull game is going to be an interesting test. They fight for every ball and are quite comfortable with only having 20-40% possession in a game. The team only creates 1 or 2 proper chances each game and for the most part they take them.

They were unfortunate to lose the game against Man Utd a few weeks ago.

They played most of the match with 10 men against Arsenal and fought their way back into the game until they tired in the last 10 minutes.

Last night Mark Hughes was lamenting the fact that Stoke had created 23 shots on goal and only scored once while Hull scored twice from only 5 shots on goal. The fixture is another potential Burnley result for us if there are any defensive lapses and things aren't going right at the other end of the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What did he see?

The Cult of personality injury.

I know his anger, I hear his screams
    When he goes down with a mildly grazed knee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

...like Balotelli... or Inzaghi.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/778897139753713664

Sounds to me like Karius will start against Hull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Injury updates from the presser:

"Gini & Adam will be ready, Daniel should be back in training today."

Probably won't see Sturridge start if he's only returning to training today really.

Klopp also said Joe Gomez is progressing well but that he isn't training with the team yet. He's probably a good while off so.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/778897139753713664

Sounds to me like Karius will start against Hull.

After keeping a clean sheet on Tues there's no reason why not to really. Best to get him a run of PL games asap imo.

Mig is in horse racing terms "fully exposed", we know what we have with him. Karius didn't come here to sit on the bench so he deserves his chance.

By run of games I mean 10+ at a minimum. No point persevering with Mig even if he's in decentish form at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I still expect Mignolet to start on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Alleged "main man" was mentioned as some claim him to be that. I pointed out that we beat Chelsea, away from home without Firmino.

I'm not annoyed that anyone thinks Firmino is the main man, nor was I annoyed when people reckoned Origi was our main striker, nor was I annoyed when there was repeated mentions of Firmino losing the ball or misplacing passes.

I simply make my point when I want to.

You thinking I am annoyed at things when I'm not I find weird. I'll be clear it doesn't annoy me though.

I do like how some very very seldom posters pop up with utterings when someone disagrees with or trys to pick apart a post I make. They must be annoyed :) (weird eh).......... there's one lad I reckon half of his posts in here over the last year are about me. Some contributor he (or she) is.

What's all this talk of main man. I'm the main man. Case closed

Considering over recent yrs how banana skinny these type of games tend to be it would be marvellous to just go out and hammer em.

The Burton and Derby games are highly encouraging evidence that we are developing that killer instinct against the seemingly inferior opposition with minimum fuss.

This time last yr we were struggling to better Carlisle at home!

Just couldn't see that happening these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

5starpool wrote: »
    I still expect Mignolet to start on Saturday.

Until the inevitable howler I'd say that will be the case for a while, Karius will probably play cup games....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Until the inevitable howler I'd say that will be the case for a while, Karius will probably play cup games....

If Karius does start then it essentially kills Mignolet's Liverpool career. While he might get back into the team if Karius performs below par, it will be a sure sign imo that Klopp thinks he isn't good enough to be Liverpool keeper long term.

........it will be a sure sign imo that Klopp thinks he isn't good enough to be Liverpool keeper long term.

I'd be amazed if he didn't think that.

If Karius does start then it essentially kills Mignolet's Liverpool career. While he might get back into the team if Karius performs below par, it will be a sure sign imo that Klopp thinks he isn't good enough to be Liverpool keeper long term.

I reckon Migs will be gone next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Alonso77 wrote: »
    I reckon Migs will be gone next summer

I think so too but I don't think Mig will be dropped straight away. Sure Karius kept a clean sheet but it was Derby who are 20th in the championship and are not exactly a great attacking side.

As someone said, Mig will be there until the next howler or defeat.

Do not think that would be a bad thing. Mignolet is not good enough for us. It has been obvious for years.
    Karius pushes up as a sweeper keeper perfect for our style of play. Mignolet is rooted to his box among his other faults. It means we can play a higher defensive line which is crucial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I disagree, I think Karius gets the jersey in the league from now on. Next 2 fixtures are ideal to get him up to speed as both are against teams we should dominate possession against

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I think so too but I don't think Mig will be dropped straight away. Sure Karius kept a clean sheet but it was Derby who are 20th in the championship and are not exactly a great attacking side.

As someone said, Mig will be there until the next howler or defeat.

That's being generous.

2 goals in the league so far this season!!

IMO, Mignolet will keep his place for the league games for the time being. An injury or an absolute howler will see that change but we should remember, Karius is very young for a PL goalkeeper. Look at how the likes of David de Gea coped in their first season in England.

Throwing Karius in the deep end is not necessarily the right step - it'll all depend on the player, his attitude, etc so I won't be surprised to see Klopp hold off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Presser:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If karius was brought into be number 1 he should start at the weekend. No other position would a better option have to sit on the bench to wait for their chance. He was brought in as mig makes a lot of mistakes there is no point waiting for migs next mistake to make the change.

The whole sweeper keeper thing often gives me palpitations. I don't know enough about Karius to be too bullish or bearish about him overall, but in the few brief appearances including pre season, he hasn't had a lot to do, but seems still prone to brain farts.

Whatever Klopp wants to do though is fine with me, (obviously), but if Karius starts I really hope he gets a few games in at least before a howler costs us a goal. If he did something stupid against Hull or missed a cross he should get there would be all sorts of annoying back and forth over the whole issue.

I'm not convinced he is much better than Mignolet at this point, but I'm sure we'll have more evidence either way over the next while.

I'm not convinced he is much better than Mignolet at this point, but I'm sure we'll have more evidence either way over the next while.

It's hard to know, he's well regarded in Germany etc etc but that mightn't translate to the PL.

Only one way to find out, Mig has been decent so far but one would wonder how long that'll last for. When Mig goes through a bad spell it's generally very bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm still struggling to get over that time Mignolet let the ball run out of play for a corner when lining up to kick it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hillsborough victims to posthumously receive freedom of Liverpool

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/22/hillsborough-victims-posthumously-receive-freedom-liverpool

Kenny Dalglish, Phil Scraton and Right Reverend James Jones also to be honoured.

The whole sweeper keeper thing often gives me palpitations. I don't know enough about Karius to be too bullish or bearish about him overall, but in the few brief appearances including pre season, he hasn't had a lot to do, but seems still prone to brain farts.

Whatever Klopp wants to do though is fine with me, (obviously), but if Karius starts I really hope he gets a few games in at least before a howler costs us a goal. If he did something stupid against Hull or missed a cross he should get there would be all sorts of annoying back and forth over the whole issue.

Not seen much of Karius. But being voted the 2nd best GK in Germany with the quality they have in that position is a big accolade. It says to me he is very likely a much better keeper than Mignolet. If Mignolet was available to buy I do not think a top 10 PL club would be interested.

I'm still struggling to get over that time Mignolet let the ball run out of play for a corner when lining up to kick it.

That was truly a watershed moment for me with Migs. A proper WTF! moment.

• Advertisement

I do like how some very very seldom posters pop up with utterings when someone disagrees with or trys to pick apart a post I make

I'm only taking a post at face value not necessarily the poster. I thought it was a little dig at Firmino and made an off hand remark about it, I'm perfectly happy to be called on it and pulled up for being wrong but at the time I commented on it thats how I saw the tone of the post.

I think you and I have discussed a lot of things over the months in previous threads, both agreeing and disagreeing on things, but I dont target your posts specifically to pick them apart, I normally just respond to each post on how I see it.
    Knex. wrote: »
    The constant sniping at each other is ****ing tedious, however.

The post seemed like a poster was annoyed and I made an off hand remark. I think I've posted long enough here to be taken at face value that I was not just sniping at the poster for no reason. I dont generally snipe at people, at least I dont think so anyway and I know you aren't specifically talking about me in that post anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement