Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

What's all this talk of main man. I'm the main man. Case closed

Santa is the main man.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'm still struggling to get over that time Mignolet let the ball run out of play for a corner when lining up to kick it.

And the time he gave away a free-kick inside the box for holding on to the ball for too long!!

Knex. wrote: »
    I don't really get the issue between people on both sides of the fence, to be honest. The constant sniping at each other is ****ing tedious, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of Living Color fans on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

SM01 wrote: »

U-WOT-M8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

___________Mig___________

__Matip___Lovern___Kalvan___

Mane______________Moreno
    __________Can__________

______Henderson________

___Firmino________Couthino__

_________Sturridge________

Kill em that way .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No Toby, just no.

Have a lie down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

SM01 wrote: »

Probably mostly CM Punk fans, though.

Mane______________Moreno
    __________Can__________

______Henderson________

Kill em that way .

You'd probably kill Klavan first as there would be a Moreno shaped hole in front of him that would be constantly attacked as Moreno spends most of the game ahead of Coutinho! Then Can has to move across left to cover Moreno leaving a huge hole in midfield to be attacked and Lovren exposed.

Let's just stick with Clyne and Milner for full backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'm only taking a post at face value not necessarily the poster. I thought it was a little dig at Firmino and made an off hand remark about it, I'm perfectly happy to be called on it and pulled up for being wrong but at the time I commented on it thats how I saw the tone of the post.

I think you and I have discussed a lot of things over the months in previous threads, both agreeing and disagreeing on things, but I dont target your posts specifically to pick them apart, I normally just respond to each post on how I see it.

The post seemed like a poster was annoyed and I made an off hand remark. I think I've posted long enough here to be taken at face value that I was not just sniping at the poster for no reason. I dont generally snipe at people, at least I dont think so anyway and I know you aren't specifically talking about me in that post anyway.

Ah yeah, definitely wasn't aimed at you.

I do think that there is a certain amount of hypocrisy across the thread, though. Poster A has his agenda, makes a quip. Poster B takes offence to it and responds. A week later, poster B makes their agenda based post, with a thinly veiled swipe at Poster A. And we just go in circles.

Hence then people writing, "Supposed best player", or "Rodgers apologists" or the Sturridge stuff, or whatever else we see here.

Its bizarre too, considering we all want Liverpool to do well, we have a great manager, an exciting style of football, and we're moving in the right direction.

I myself don't even think we'll get Top 4 this year, but I'm confident that I'll enjoy the season and appreciate the direction that we're moving in. Everything else is largely trivial and tiresome to quarrel over.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »

That's actually a great press conference from Klopp. Fair play to him challenging the mindset of the journalists and fans alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'm only taking a post at face value not necessarily the poster. I thought it was a little dig at Firmino and made an off hand remark about it, I'm perfectly happy to be called on it and pulled up for being wrong but at the time I commented on it thats how I saw the tone of the post.

I think you and I have discussed a lot of things over the months in previous threads, both agreeing and disagreeing on things, but I dont target your posts specifically to pick them apart, I normally just respond to each post on how I see it.

The post seemed like a poster was annoyed and I made an off hand remark. I think I've posted long enough here to be taken at face value that I was not just sniping at the poster for no reason. I dont generally snipe at people, at least I dont think so anyway and I know you aren't specifically talking about me in that post anyway.

I'm pretty sure that 'utterings' comment wasn't about you. ;-)

If there are posters or posts that we find disagreeable, we should be able to call em out (within forum rules of course). People shouldn't be browbeaten or afraid to post honestly in case of offending the more sensitive types who have no problem firing out dumb little quips themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Good watch this, the eastern European lads seem a lot more down to earth then their UK counterparts, lol:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mane______________Moreno
    __________Can__________

______Henderson________

Kill em that way .

Did you bang your head off the press door making lunch today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mane______________Moreno
    __________Can__________

______Henderson________

Kill em that way .
    Nobody asked for your Fifa 17 Liverpool team. Or maybe it an old PES one with some of those spellings.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Nobody asked for your Fifa 17 Liverpool team. Or maybe it an old PES one with some of those spellings.

We all know I could spell them very differently. Should be grateful that they are closer to correct than usual .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The Spurs cup game is going to be televised next month. Should be a cracking game.

The Spurs cup game is going to be televised next month. Should be a cracking game.

Of course it is going to be televised. We knew that from the moment it was drawn!

Only 40 hours or so til the Hull game! Can't wait, although there is the ever present danger of disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

We all know I could spell them very differently. Should be grateful that they are closer to correct than usual .

Thought you'd phoned it in, tbh. Expect a higher standard of bonkers. Doesn't bode well for Saturday, that sort of complacency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

German tv reports are saying that pulisic will turn down a new contract offer from dortmund as he has his heart set on a move to lfc.

Hes been fantastic so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Which German TV? Bild Sport or Kicker? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I'm still struggling to get over that time Mignolet let the ball run out of play for a corner when lining up to kick it.

I remember watching that and thinking it's the sort of thing the fat kid who's picked last in school and thrown in goals would do. Total un-coordination that you would not expect to see from someone above the age of 8. I was stunned that a top level professional would allow that to happen. It was really strange.

Mignolet is the player who was expressly warned that if he wasted any more time he'd get a yellow card, wasted more time and got a yellow card. Bordeaux got a free kick and scored. His brains are scrambled half the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mignolet is the player who was expressly warned that if he wasted any more time he'd get a yellow card, wasted more time and got a yellow card. Bordeaux got a free kick and scored. His brains are scrambled half the time.

Would that sort of thing not be manager's tactics?

8-10 wrote: »
    Would that sort of thing not be manager's tactics?

Can't see how at 0-0 on 32 minutes Klopp would have been telling him to hold on to the ball for as long as possible until Mignolet can make up his mind as to who he is going to pass it to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Apologies if already posted... Lovren, Grujic and markovic out in the car having a natter.
    Kind of funny....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

"The first six months, I was more concentrated on the language with Stevie than on the pitch"

Yeah no shît Lovren. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

martyos121 wrote: »
    "The first six months, I was more concentrated on the language with Stevie than on the pitch"

Yeah no shît Lovren. :pac:

Ha, yeah finally it all makes sense now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

You can see Lovren gets it and is into it, Grujic isn't quite there yet and is just finding his feet but Marcovic looks like a guy who knows he doesn't belong. Pity, I think he could be a player but he's going to struggle to break into the front 5/6 given the strength in depth and form we have at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

You can see Lovren gets it and is into it, Grujic isn't quite there yet and is just finding his feet but Marcovic looks like a guy who knows he doesn't belong. Pity, I think he could be a player but he's going to struggle to break into the front 5/6 given the strength in depth and form we have at the moment.

Be harder since he's in Portugal playing

😂😂

i wouldn't read too much into a youtube clip.
    But Markovic has no future. He has offered very little & he is not suited to your pressing style. Pre-season was huge for him & he didn't appear that determined to show Klopp he wanted to stay but I think that is just his playing style. Not agressive enough for a high pressing game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Anywhere else but in the Echo, I would have thought it trolling...

Mourinho 'massively disappointed not to get Liverpool job'

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mourinho-massively-disappointed-not-liverpool-11924043#ICID=FB-Liv-main

On two occasions he didn't get the jobs he really wanted in Liverpool & Barcelona. Explains why he is so bitter to both clubs & managers in Benitez & Guardiola

On two occasions he didn't get the jobs he really wanted in Liverpool & Barcelona. Explains why he is so bitter to both clubs & managers in Benitez & Guardiola

Sure it's grand, he didn't really want it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Apologies if already posted... Lovren, Grujic and markovic out in the car having a natter.
    Kind of funny....

Do people not read one page back?

:P

Looking forward to match tomorrow...

I assume we are on a river as I don't think we are on TV...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Fieldog wrote: »
    Do people not read one page back?

:P

Looking forward to match tomorrow...

I assume we are on a river as I don't think we are on TV...

Sure with free flowing football like we play now its always on a river :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Be harder since he's in Portugal playing

😂😂

:o

I was wondering why there wasn't more chat about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

5starpool wrote: »
    Sure it's grand, he didn't really want it anyway.

He wouldn't have made our first team anyway :pac:

Karius starts vs Hull
    Loris has won the battle to be Liverpool’s No 1.

The £4.7million signing from Mainz will make his Premier League debut for the Reds in Saturday’s clash with Hull City at Anfield.

It’s a crushing blow for Simon Mignolet , who had hoped to return to the starting line up after sitting out the midweek EFL Cup tie with Derby County.

The ECHO understands that the keepers were informed about Jurgen Klopp’s decision at Melwood on Friday.

Karius clocked up nearly 100 Bundesliga appearances before being brought to Anfield to increase competition for Mignolet’s place this summer.

The former Manchester City trainee had looked set to start the season as Liverpool’s No 1 before he broke his hand playing in a friendly against Chelsea during the pre-season tour of America.

The young German shot-stopper was sidelined for six weeks and in his absence Mignolet performed well. The Belgium international, who has been the club’s first choice keeper since his £9million move from Sunderland three years ago, made some fine saves against Tottenham and Leicester City.

Karius was on the bench for the recent wins over Leicester and Chelsea before Klopp decided to hand him his competitive bow for the Reds at the iPro Stadium on Tuesday night.

The 23-year-old made one crucial sliding challenge at the feet of Darren Bent but had little to do as Liverpool dominated.

Klopp kept his cards close to his chest when asked on Thursday who would start against Hull City. However, he did say that it wouldn’t necessarily be a long-term decision.

“Let’s go through a few different kinds of ways in which we could see it,” he said.“Do we say okay Loris had the game against Derby. Was it a real game for a keeper? Not really so give him a home game for example. What would this mean for Simon? It could mean nothing.

“We could say there is an international break coming up so give Loris a home game and Swansea away and then both have had the chance to show what they are. It’s not in doubt, it’s not a test.

“It’s like in all positions, if you play and you win 2-0, you could still change the midfielder thinking we could win the next game 3-0.

“That’s possible but with a goalkeeper I accept that things seem to be a bit different.

“We have two very strong goalkeepers and we think about how they can perform and how their specific skills can help the team. That’s what I have to decide.

“I accept again the circumstances over the keeper’s position. But in the end it’s 100% positive. Liverpool FC will have a very strong goalkeeper on Saturday between the posts.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/karius-wins-battle-liverpool-goalkeeping-11930503

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is the match on TV anywhere tomorrow?

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No. You will have to use a

mountain-stream-646x433.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

No. You will have to use a

mountain-stream-646x433.jpg

A river???

JonnyM wrote: »
    A river???

No bud, an image.

In a throwback to his heyday, when everyone gathered round and Harry read out the latest Teletext headlines, he'll be uploading photographs of the match every 5 minutes.

Knex. wrote: »
    No bud, an image.

In a throwback to his heyday, when everyone gathered round and Harry read out the latest Teletext headlines, he'll be uploading photographs of the match every 5 minutes.

Photos?!

ArtistsAtWork.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Photos?!

ArtistsAtWork.jpg

Do you know what it is yet? Do you see it yet? Can you tell what it is yet?

Sh1t can't use that saying anymore!

Bloody hell every fond memory from my childhood is ruined these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

OwaynOTT wrote: »

You can watch the whole game a couple of hours after the event at your leisure if that suits. I blame Martin Skrtel for me not watching 'live'/enjoying this option sometimes.

Loads of rivers available. Very easy to find one.
    usagoals site has never left me down.

Karius starts vs Hull.........

Brilliant, needs to get PL games to see if he'll do the job. We know Mig probably won't retain this current run of good form which isn't approaching brilliant anyway.

I wouldn't be judging a young keeper new to the PL in his first season though, I expect a realistic level of realism/expectation amongst most fans & pundits with Karius. He won't have to be brilliant to be better than Simon, especially if he can spray the ball around effectively with his feet without a clanger every 2nd game.

Finally Mig gets dropped.

Despite his ok form you just cant trust him and he'll never improve much more at his age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Similar to the Allen/wijnaldum situation we know Mignolet is not good enough we are yet to find out if Karius is or isn't but it is the right decision to go with him regardless of mignolet not making a howler for a game or two

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement