Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Better to buy a new toaster than keep using the faulty one that could explode at any second.

Karius looks like a really decent toaster too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We don't need a fancy toaster that's does beans and eggs as well as 4 slices of toast. We need a good solid 2 slice toaster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I actually think I might have some toast now!!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I actually think I might have some toast now!!

Don't forget to double toast it so the bread keeps its shape in the middle. Vertical toasting too, that's the way to go.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We don't need a fancy toaster that's does beans and eggs as well as 4 slices of toast. We need a good solid 2 slice toaster.

2 slice toasters are only good for the crappy small slices of bread. Toasters you can put the bread in sideways is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I toast my bread on a fork in front of an open fire like a real man. Woosies,the lot of ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christ, it's always breakfast with you guys!

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Most important meal of the day. What time is it in Los Angeles? Breakfast time??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Toast isn't necessarily a breakfast food though. Even breakfast food isn't necessarily a breakfast food.

• Advertisement

Most important meal of the day. What time is it in Los Angeles? Breakfast time??

More of a brunch really at this stage of the day!

Ice cream for breakfast?? You absolute animal.

More like Lunner surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Feel kinda bad for Mignolet but, at the end of the day, Klopp bought Karius to be his no.1 and thats what he's going with.

I suppose if Mignolet stayed on as 1 for another couple of games, everyone would just be waiting for a clanger and the tension would build.

Lot of pressure on Karius to perform now.

I'm delighted with this Mignolet news. I think he's been giving the defence heart attacks for too long now. Not the worst back up to have tho. Hopefully he won't be needed too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Forget toasters. I eat it raw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That feeling when you think you got someone fired. Sorry Mig. Sorta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm just after a feed of beans on toast with black and white pudding. Toast isn't just for breakfast.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    I'm just after a feed of beans on toast with black and white pudding. Toast isn't just for breakfast.

ugh, i'd murder for some tasty clonakilty black pudding. One of the foods I miss most over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Finally Mig gets dropped.

Despite his ok form you just cant trust him and he'll never improve much more at his age

At his age?? he is 28 which is still young for a keeper. Many keepers don't reach their peaks until their 30's. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Mignolet has really annoyed me with his mistakes over the last couple of seasons but I still wouldn't be too hasty on rushing Karius into the side.

I think he could do with a couple more cup games under his belt before I'd play him in the league, considering the injury he had.

Who'd be a goal keeper? It has to be the worst position in the team.

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    At his age?? he is 28 which is still young for a keeper. Many keepers don't reach their peaks until their 30's. :confused:

I guess what I was getting at is he is still making the same basic mistakes every year since we bought him and will probably continue to.

He'll never be a really top keeper unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

CtGa2CYWEAEH19T.jpg:small

Sakho's just shot himself in the foot here. We're not gonna see him play for Liverpool again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Sakho's just shot himself in the foot here. We're not gonna see him play for Liverpool again.

Was just reading that on this is Anfield. Very stupid move by him. Any chance he may have had is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Absolute idiot Sakho

"6 months stay quiet" would suggest he's talking about the fat burner issue. I usually think footballers are better off keeping quiet about things but I don't think it's as bad as you think. I hope so anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

What a plonker! And although he might be physically fit we know from past experience that he is generally awful for a number of games when just returning from injury.We just don't need to accept that any more as have other options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

He won't really be missed, will he? Not like we were so watertight when he was playing. Used to be a fan of his but now I just think he's an average PL centre back.

Find it hard to remember a game where he was 'immense' for us. Some decent performances but some woeful ones too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

"6 months stay quiet" would suggest he's talking about the fat burner issue. I usually think footballers are better off keeping quiet about things but I don't think it's as bad as you think. I hope so anyway.

He's saying he's fit and not playing doesn't know why but will do his talking on the pitch.....which is all fine, then he throws in that the fans are being lied to.......In that context you have to think he's talking about management and not the fat burners....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I hate when players use the line "The fans don't know the truth" to try and stay popular in their eyes. Tbh usually happens after the player has engineered a move away and is getting dogs abuse from the fans of the team he left.

Anyway, I think we do know the truth here, at the end of the day Klopp doesn't rate him as a starter and also sees him as a bit of a nuisance round the place. Plus he was lucky to escape a doping ban for the fat burners. End of imo.

Did Sakho really say that that?

Adios. Klopp won't stand for that garbage. The guy just isn't professional enough.Good riddance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

What an idiot move from sakho, final nail in the coffin for him under klopp anyways.

Sure he wasn't taking brain burners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Silly, silly move from Sakho.
    All he had to do was keep his head down and work hard and the chance would come.
    It really is hard to see Klopp putting him back in the side now.
    Even as it is, he's behind Matip, Lovren, Klavan and Lucas for a CB role. If he's speaking out or criticising the management, we can probably add Tiago Ilori, Conor Randall, James Milner, a traffic cone, Jose Enrique, an ill-advised loan move for Steven Caulker, Klopp himself and the ever-reliable Djimi Traore to the list ahead of him. And likely in that order, too.
    Anyway, as it is, I'm very happy with Matip and Lovren as our CB pairing. Long may it last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sakho must be unbearable to work with......There's no way he'd be dropped if he didn't have a serious attitude problem.....Its a shame but I think he'll really regret not taking a loan move, will probably be shipped out in January....

NukaCola wrote: »
    He's saying he's fit and not playing doesn't know why but will. o his talking on the pitch.....which is all fine, then he throws in that the fans are being lied to.......In that context you have to think he's talking about management and not the fat burners....

Yeah the more I think. About it the sillier it seems. players should just be banned from social media...it never ends well.

James Pearce,who was Rodgers lapdog and always hated Sakho hasn't stopped leaking down his leg with excitement since he got wind of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Still thinking Klopp may try him out in a cup game or two between now and transfer window, to err, put him in the shop window...

I like Sakho, but I'm fully behind Klopp on this. That seems like a silly statement to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sakho really really cannot spell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is there any proof this is real? Where is it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Is there any proof this is real? Where is it from?

He has a twitter page and there is nothing like that posted there. His spelling on the twitter page is good but that post looks like an 8 year old put it together. I smell a fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Damien360 wrote: »
    He has a twitter page and there is nothing like that posted there. His spelling on the twitter page is good but that post looks like an 8 year old put it together. I smell a fake.

Just reading James Pearce's Twitter feed, and it's from mama's Snapchat, posted at 3am this morning. Allegedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's what I got as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What a damn shame. I really like Sakho as a player.

The way he brings the ball out of defence is superb. Himself and Matip seem really similar.

His slide tackling is also amongst the best I have seen, at all.

He is a really good player, but if he is a total nonce around the place, it isnt enough :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Damien360 wrote: »

Not fake I'm afraid.

It's still there. mamadousakho3 is his snapchat user name if anyone else wants to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He uses an app made for 14 year old girls to get himself fired. Yeah, I think the picture is starting to paint itself.

Grayditch wrote: »
    He uses an app made for 14 year old girls to get himself fired. Yeah, I think the picture is starting to paint itself.

My 14 year old daughter made me get it so I tried it for a week and found I was charging my phone 3 times more than usual so I called her an idiot and deleted it. Stupid app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That seems so ludicrous it can only be true :(

That seems so ludicrous it can only be true :(

No,I did. I deleted it. Honestly.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's what I got as well.

I'm not so sure any more. Time will tell. I'm sure Klopp will be asked about it today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement