Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What's a snapchat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

If Sakho is wondering why he isn't getting a game it's because of two things, his attitude and his ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Snapchat...I mean what the **** is that. I thought that was an app that kids used and got in sh1t for? Grown men using that need to get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Snapchat...I mean what the **** is that. I thought that was an app that kids used and got in sh1t for? Grown men using that need to get a grip.

I deleted it.

I reckon Sakho just realised he should have went on loan when he was told to. He was finished under klopp weeks ago IMO. Sakho s plan to change that by hanging around was a gamble that may or may not have worked.

Sakho has perhaps realised its not working or didn't have the patience, application to follow it through and has just imploded.

As with all jobs. Do what you're told to do unless you are seriously indispensable.

I liked Sakho on the pitch but won't miss him or lament his 99% inevitable departure/banishment from the squad. To be fair Klavan isn't much worse / nearly as good... whatever and he's not looking to be a PL starter.

Sakho probably the l@nger every workplace has, not as popular as he thinks he is....volunteers for charity stuff &let's everyone know what a great chap he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Safe to say Sakho is losing some sleep about it considering the timing.
    I'm sure he is regretting putting those snapchat's up this morning. He needs to keep his head down & work hard to impress Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ben Gadot wrote: »

Its just another way to share photos/video, if used correctly it could be a good medium to connect with fans/friends etc

Social media for footballers IMO is not a good idea apart from a fan page etc.......for example Firmino takes snaps and stuff while he's driving, surely theres a legal infringement being recorded that could be used against him?

Some players are very responsible with social media and use it as a way to build their "brand".......but a social media ban for players would not be a bad idea.

But putting social media aside, if Sakho did not have access to such things he'll probably leak to the press like many players in the past.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I'm sure he is regretting putting those snapchat's up this morning.

They are still up though. Anyone can still view them.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Sakho really really cannot spell

Of all the things to criticize him for :pac: its not his first language in fairness to him

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

• Advertisement

Kerri, you really should stop using that app. I'm ashamed of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think Sakho's a great player and a bit of a laugh and all that so I never could understand the criticism of him as a footballer, but even if that wasn't the case, I think if players apply themselves properly then they're beyond reproach and deserve support even if they're not very good. After that it's up to the manager to use them correctly.

Sakho's proven he's not willing to work in good faith with the club and he's put far too much emphasis on him on not on the team.
    He's selfish and at this point I think he's shown he doesn't deserve to be here.

He can **** off somehwere else where he can be billy big bollocks.

The only thing I don't understand was why we bothered trying to loan him out rather than bin him in the summer if his attitude wasn't up to snuff.

Whatever about any foibles I might have with strategy on the pitch or in the transfer market (and they're only foibles), as far as I'm concerend Klopp has got the whole mental aspect and the team spirit at the club absolutely perfect and anyone who doesn't fit in to that is someone I'm happy to be given the boot regardless of how good they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What's a snapchat?

It's when you are talking to someone in wintry conditions when suddenly you
    slip and break your leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sakho has a right to speak freely. I'm sure there is truth behind the reason he is never played. It's not a normal situation, there is far more to it, anyone can see that.
    Klopp is vague on situation at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Sakho has a right to speak freely. I'm sure there is truth behind the reason he is never played. It's not a normal situation, there is far more to it, anyone can see that.
    Klopp is vague on situation at best.

Big time. I'm a big fan of Klopp but have to call a spade a spade here and say he's being completely disingenuous about Sakho's situation. It's very unfair on the player and totally understandable that he feels compelled to speak out.

Big time. I'm a big fan of Klopp but have to call a spade a spade here and say he's being completely disingenuous about Sakho's situation. It's very unfair on the player and totally understandable that he feels compelled to speak out.

Stuff like this should be kept internal as much as possible. Head down, get on with things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Kerrigooney's snapchat has to go on the list now I reckon.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Kerrigooney's snapchat has to go on the list now I reckon.

I'm sorry I brought it up now tbh :o

He told him to go out on loan, pretty clear request/order. Made it public too. Beyond that the actual detail behind the decision being not public is quite reasonable IMO.

• Advertisement

Don't be, the list is something to be celebrated. A guiding light for every future Liverpool fan who wants to be a proper thankswhore.

Klopp does not have to justify anything. If his team fails to win he gets the blame.

He's not willing to put his job on the line for a guy who, on the face of things, isn't being professional. What do people want Klopp to do, detail why he doesn't want Sakho, tell them his reasoning and therefore drive Sakho's price down and make it harder to get rid. Or do you want him to be forced to play/keep a guy he doesn't rate at CB?

Like Kerri's Snapchat confession, these things should be kept internal. Sakho was plainly told he needs to go on loan. Now he's crying about not getting in the team and turning to the fans in an attempt to put pressure on Klopp. Probably the stupidest thing he could have done.

I like Sakho but I'll happily side with Klopp here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Perhaps Klopp thinks Sakho has some mental issues to sort out, but he can hardly say that in the media. Instead Sakho is doing that for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Augeo wrote: »
    He told him to go out on loan, pretty clear request/order. Made it public too. Beyond that the actual detail behind the decision being not public is quite reasonable IMO.

Might be wrong, but didn't he say that this was down to a fitness issue, and not an issue with the player?

If I'm not wrong and he cited the player's fitness as the reason, then I'm sure he's being disingenuous. That's not how clubs deal with players who need to regain fitness after a period of absence. This is an issue he has with the player's attitude, clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Lovren out today due to a viral infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Sakho's a likeable guy/player but he's not doing himself any favours with this kind of thing.

• Advertisement

You're a good bloke Kerri so I withdraw my harsh statement about snapchat earlier on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

JonnyM wrote: »
    Lovren out today due to a viral infection.

I wonder if this is what pushed Sakho over the line?
    Lovren out with a virus, Sakho told he still wouldn't even be named among the subs, hence the rant.

Childish way to react. I get his frustrations but it's not a good way to deal with things. And it definitely won't cause the manager to change his mind!

Nice to see a bit of craic in the thread hours before Hull destroy us and bring us all back down to earth. I don't think we'll even get a shot on target.

Q8Q4J.gif

martyos121 wrote: »
    Nice to see a bit of craic in the thread hours before Hull destroy us and bring us all back down to earth. I don't think we'll even get a shot on target.

All the makings of a bad weekend alright :(

Might be wrong, but didn't he say that this was down to a fitness issue, and not an issue with the player?

If I'm not wrong and he cited the player's fitness as the reason, then I'm sure he's being disingenuous. That's not how clubs deal with players who need to regain fitness after a period of absence. This is an issue he has with the player's attitude, clearly.

Ish.

You need matches to get fit, go on loan.

Sakho remains and claims he's fit from training, a month into the season he goes social media route.

This is the latest in the Sakho doesn't toe the corporate line saga, again, at work, for the mostpart you do what you're told, Sakho doesn't seem to buy into that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We have two good CB starting today who had the highest number of blocked shots in the Bundesliga last season so I reckon we will get the first clean sheet in the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Great team goal.

Milner is having an absolute stormer so far.

Some serious sexy football being played.

Pep turns fullbacks into midfielders Klopp turns midfielders into fullbacks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This is just incredible football.

No problems at all today.

No question of taking the foot off the gas. While some of the play first half against Derby was a bit arrogant clearly the lads are loving the way things are going at the moment and when they're directing that properly it's beautiful and effective.

I think we need to see a few things in games early on in the season other than the points.

Showing we can blow small teams away is one so this bodes well.

Another will be fighting back in situations like Burnley, or grinding out a 1-0 win against this kind of opposition so hopefully that's to come.

Or we can just batter teams every week. That's fine too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Absolute pleasure to watch this.

Milner is having an absolute stormer so far.

That booking he got was bull**** as well.

Even in these days of non-contact football it wasn't even a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Kloppball

10106270.jpg

Klopp and his tool's sure do craft some sexy football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Kloppball

10106270.jpg

i counter with

Je774bM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Poor Hull!

A joy to watch today. The pressing was unbelievable to watch.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Poor Hull!

A joy to watch today. The pressing was unbelievable to watch.

They had a little bump at the start, but the prevailing wisdom that not spending any money and not having a manager is bad for you is perhaps beginning to be borne out.

Still, the good thing is that if they take it on the chin and head back down to the Championship, they shouldn't be too unstable financially and they'll have every opportunity to give it another crack.

Stuck here watching city swansea so I'll take your word for it lads that it's a solid performance.

NO! BAD HULL! DOWN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

This is a different liverpool team. A team of killers. That was some response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Gbear wrote: »
    NO! BAD HULL! DOWN!
    Not impressed with the keeper there. Is expect a keeper to deal with a corner into the 6 yard box not to stand on his line. First impressions not good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not impressed with the keeper there. Is expect a keeper to deal with a corner into the 6 yard box not to stand on his line. First impressions not good

Karius? The ball was past him before he could move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Karius? The ball was past him before he could move.
    Very passive for the corner was my point stuck to his line and never came for a corner six yards out ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Highlights of our attacking play so far this afternoon, for anyone missing the match:

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement