Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just looking at our up coming league fixtures and if we win 32 of them, I'd say we'll win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just looking at our up coming league fixtures and if we win 32 of them, I'd say we'll win the league.

Are you Toby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sturridge just looks really unhappy these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sturridge just looks really unhappy these days Years ?

All considered, you couldn't take any -ives from that performance :cool:

Big picture, 13 pts from 6 games.
    Small picture, we won after Utd won :pac:

• Advertisement

Benteke with the winner in the 93rd minute for CP

3 points and +4 goal diff. a good day at the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Benteke with the winner in the 93rd minute for CP

Allen scored for Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The mentality of the team is fantastic at the moment. Relentless they are. Great to see. Firmino epitomised it. Wasn't involved directly with the goals but his work rate and link play was something else.

Allen scored for Stoke.

Good to see them doing well... Aslong as they have stinkers when they play us :)

• Advertisement

The main man Firmino showed how important he is to the team today he didn't score today but his work rate and tracking was amazing.

Eddie Howe is great lad.

Now a draw in the evening kick off would be great.

Although if either team gets a hammering I'd be ok with that as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

emmetkenny wrote: »
    i counter with

Je774bM

Allen scored today as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Presumably Lallana got MOTM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Burnley down the bottom end of table have conceded less goals than us. That is a worry.
    We need to stop giving away cheap goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sturridge just looks really unhappy these days?

Wouldn't you if you were a striker? Klopp simply doesn't need them and he (sturridge) probably knows his total game time is going to be the worst of Lallana/Mane/Firmino/Coutinho and him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Great result today. Too often we fall at these games and can't kill them off. Great response after they scored to snuff out any chance of a comeback. 3rd in the league now. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

City still with a 100 % win record. Next week will tell us a lot about them when they play a high pressing team (spurs) away.

Anyway today was fantastic as i was very nervy before kick off. A great birthday present :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City face Spurs and Everton next. They have only played against poor sides so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Klopp's greatest achievement has been destroying the myth that we can't win anything without Sturridge.

City face Spurs and Everton next. They have only played against poor sides so far.

True.

They still look in the groove though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

You're wrong they played Man Un...........wait you are right actually.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's nearly a pity we're not playing City until Christmas, but it's a good thing too. Swansea away next week is a real bogey game for us, so if we can get 3 points there it is a real sign of a tougher mentality.

I'll enjoy this result first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Great display, at it from the start. Our attacking play was sublime (again)

Firmino and Coutinho seem to love playing together, loved their little celebration together too. Small thing on the face of it but there seems to be a real bond between our players and it's worth a lot when you can visibly see a team gelling like we are.
    Kudos to Herr Klopp for that. He has them all looking like they've been together for an eternity.

Still yet to see the predicted armageddon from Milner playing LB. Yet another good display from him there I thought. Yes sloppy control for that corner but it was so simple that i think he just lost concentration for a second, **** happens.

The actual defending (or lack of it) from the corner itself is what I'd be disappointed with but we'll get there eventually. If we could only get our house in order in terms of clean sheets then we actually would be a frightening side.

But score five and concede one is always acceptable :)

I love what Klopp is doing but there will be 'popular' casualties and I can't see either Sturridge or Sakho being Liverpool players next August.
    Sakho is pretty much gone already. Sturridge will go too eventually imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The main man Firmino showed how important he is to the team today he didn't score today but his work rate and tracking was amazing.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Klopp's greatest achievement has been destroying the myth that we can't win anything without Sturridge.

Apologies in advance to the decent contributors to this thread.

But seriously, the chuckle brothers need to be pulled up for their incessant drivel that they post. Liverpool are after thrashing Hull 5-1 and these two just continue to post up their petty agenda driven snide, douchy comments, a pair of jokers take the show on the road will yous.

Coulson that's the 3rd/4th time you mentioned the 'main man' Firmino today, you're being an insufferable bore, it's so obvious you're trying to bait people, Turd, you just go on and on and on about Sturridge again it's insufferable, give it a break for the love of god, both of yous ruin this thread imo.

Knex put up a good post about bitchiness and sniping and agendas recently, you guys are the main perpetrators. I can't see why yous can't just change the f'ing record and enjoy the wins and stop with the sh1t stirring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ahem: cough, cough...?!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I love what Klopp is doing but there will be 'popular' casualties and I can't see either Sturridge or Sakho being Liverpool players next August.
    Sakho is pretty much gone already. Sturridge will go too eventually imo.

Ah Sturridge will get over it with a PL medal from this season in his pocket ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sturridge didn't train much during the week. AFAIK that's why he didn't start. I think he'll be starting most of those kinds of games this season, including Swansea next weekend (fitness permitting as ever).

I think the last few games have shown that he's very much buying into things, he's gelling with the style and those around him, he's willing to work and his quality is getting a bit closer to the levels we saw before as well (although I think his serious pace is gone for good).

He's still comfortably our best striker as things stand.

I wouldn't say he's answered the questions about him because physically it seems he'll never be quite there to the same degree, but for the time being everythings rosy in Sturridge land.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Ah Sturridge will get over it with a PL medal from this season in his pocket ;)

:) Ha, aye, plus the 2 cups as well!

Matip ready to step into the role as the new Boss.

Damn right. He's a Rolls Royce of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Still yet to see the predicted armageddon from Milner playing LB.

A bit of hyperbole there, but yea he's done much better than I thought he would and long may it continue........I think I said not signing a new LB will cost us points but I'll be more than happy to get that wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

But seriously, the chuckle brothers need to be pulled up for their incessant drivel that they post. Liverpool are after thrashing Hull 5-1 and these two just continue to post up their petty agenda driven snide, douchy comments, a pair of jokers take the show on the road will yous.

Coulson that's the 3rd/4th time you mentioned the 'main man' Firmino today, you're being an insufferable bore, it's so obvious you're trying to bait people, Turd, you just go on and on and on about Sturridge again it's insufferable, give it a break for the love of god, both of yous ruin this thread imo.

Knex put up a good post about bitchiness and sniping and agendas recently, you guys are the main perpetrators. I can't see why yous can't just change the f'ing record and enjoy the wins and stop with the sh1t stirring.

Most overused word on this thread at times. Ffs! We are just pool fans on a Liverpool thread having a bit of Bantz and sometimes decent discussion. Some people need to just calm down and imagine a nice hug from Klopp.

NukaCola wrote: »
    A bit of hyperbole there, but yea he's done much better than I thought he would and long may it continue........I think I said not signing a new LB will cost us points but I'll be more than happy to get that wrong :)

Ha, well I don't know if it's quite hyperbole. Afterall there were about a hundred thousand posts about it.
    (now there's yer hyperbole) :)

But seriously yeah its great that it's working out pretty well so far, regardless of which side of the fence any of us were on regarding the subject.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »

We are a more cohesive attacking force without him IMO. He does work well in the team also I just think we have a lot more energy, pressing and attack without him.

Gbear wrote: »
    Sturridge didn't train much during the week. AFAIK that's why he didn't start. I think he'll be starting most of those kinds of games this season, including Swansea next weekend (fitness permitting as ever).

I think the last few games have shown that he's very much buying into things, he's gelling with the style and those around him, he's willing to work and his quality is getting a bit closer to the levels we saw before as well (although I think his serious pace is gone for good).

I wouldn't say he's answered the questions about him because physically it seems he'll never be quite there to the same degree, but for the time being everythings rosy in Sturridge land.

Who would you leave out for Sturridge? None of Mane, Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana deserve to be benched. Sturridge has often been very good when he has played, but those 4 deserve to start when fit as our most forward 4 players, and some of the hardest working.

If Klopp starts him I'm OK with that too, but I don't think he generally deserves to on the evidence so far this season.

There's an ignore function if it really bothers you, theres a report function if you think they are out of line. In fairness you cant just ask people to post the way you want through name calling and critique their posts as drivel......Fair enough you don't like their style of posting, just let it go as the song says......

Was excellent today. Calm and steady, cant overestimate how important that is in a CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Watching Newcastle and villa and seeing two champions league winning managers in the opposing dugouts.

Begs the question has that ever previously happened where two former winners of Europeans biggest club competition faced each other in the second tier

• Advertisement

Was excellent today. Calm and steady, cant overestimate how important that is in a CB.

He also hasn't had a regular partner yet and a new keeper behind him.

Once the back 5 is settled I think he will be a monster and maybe captain as well would suit him and lift that pressure off Henderson.

We are a more cohesive attacking force without him IMO. He does work well in the team also I just think we have a lot more energy, pressing and attack without him.

I think some days an outright striker is called for.

Firmino can fill in and in some games you don't even really need one, but we certainly can't afford not to have that option.

No need to get too worked up about today and it's worth keeping Burnley firmly in mind.

Hull are a terrible squad with no manager. They will probably finish bottom.
    A bit of togetherness was brought about by their predicament but it seems likely their season will carry on more like the past two weeks than the first few weeks.

You can only beat what's in front of you, but honestly, they were ****ing dreadful. Two penalties and down to 10 for most of the game. And how much joy Milner got on the right is more a reflection of them than Milner. He's been good in all but one game but he shouldn't be taking on two and 3 players and getting it that easy.

It's great to see that we can take advantage of weakness. It's vital not to let these points escape when they're offered up, and we certainly earned them with our work rate.

But it's only one element of the puzzle, and it's certainly a bit early to be dismissing either the notion that we should have a senior LB worth the name in the squad, or the other issues raised in the summer.

On the plus side, early signs are that things aren't just straight away reverting to type elsewhere, so we mightn't have to be as good as some (such as myself) feared to do something interesting this season.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Watching Newcastle and villa and seeing two champions league winning managers in the opposing dugouts.

Begs the question has that ever previously happened where two former winners of Europeans biggest club competition faced each other in the second tier

No it's also the first time two European Cup winners have played in a second division..Forest & Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's nice watching this Arsenal vs Chelsea match knowing we've already beaten the two of them this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There's an ignore function if it really bothers you, theres a report function if you think they are out of line. In fairness you cant just ask people to post the way you want through name calling and critique their posts as drivel......Fair enough you don't like their style of posting, just let it go as the song says......

Don't forget the close account option. The attention seekers love that one.

Watching Klopp's Liverpool get's me all Kenny Powers excited.

kenny1284jwx.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Our year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I shall bow back out of the thread now, I hadn't posted in about 8 months, I know nobody will lose sleep over that fact but anyway.

While I'm here, so that it's not all negative yourself, Rebel, Harry, 5star, Busts are all very good contributors to the thread, keep up the good work ;)

Ciao.

5starpool wrote: »
    Who would you leave out for Sturridge? None of Mane, Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana deserve to be benched. Sturridge has often been very good when he has played, but those 4 deserve to start when fit as our most forward 4 players, and some of the hardest working.

If Klopp starts him I'm OK with that too, but I don't think he generally deserves to on the evidence so far this season.

I don't think Coutinho is secure in his position based on his performances this season.

And it's not just a question of who's on form. Sturridge has shown more form than Mignolet or Karius, but you don't drop your keeper for him because you need someone in that position, as you sometimes need a CF.

I don't think anybody doubted Milners ability to play at LB, my only problem was having just Moreno as cover.

I suppose Klavan could fill in at LB if needed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement