Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

mikeym wrote: »
    Liverpool were fantastic today.

Apart from the goal conceded I couldnt fault the team.

I thought I heard were going to win the league being sung I hope the fans who sang that were joking.

Its only October.

Probably tongue in cheek I guess. The auld scouse wit and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We're 4th on MOTD so about 11.10 PM :)

passing/position map for today's game well 72 mins of it (why never the full game?)

CtJCoarWcAADsm-.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Interesting graph. Henderson evidently the pivot. Makes sense when you consider his performance today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Didn't feel I could say this for a long, long time but..

Liverpool are a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

We're 4th on MOTD so about 11.10 PM :)

passing/position map for today's game well 72 mins of it (why never the full game?)

Possibly because that's when players generally start getting subbed off, might skew it a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho averaging a goal/assist every 57 mins this season. Remember when Oscar & Mata where far better players.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho averaging a goal/assist every 57 mins this season. Remember when Oscar & Mata where far better players.

more Optatastic stats
    Since the start of 2015-16, James Milner has been involved in 20 league goals for Liverpool (8 goals, 12 assists); a club-high.
    24 - Liverpool's goal tally after eight competitive games this season is their highest in 121 years, since 1895-96 (34 goals)
    In 492 PL minutes Lallana has had 4 shots (all on target), 3 goals and 3 assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Stats aren't that important BUT....

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/779771564548038656

My Klopptimism grows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Stats aren't that important BUT....

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/779771564548038656

My Klopptimism grows.

Worth noting we were in the second division in 1895-96, so it's a record for us in the top flight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just worked out that with 16 goals in 6 PL games, we're on course for another 100 goal season. Mental when you consider we failed to score against Burnley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

raheem sterling is on fire

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bowlardo wrote: »

Couldn't give a shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

You could at least call the fire brigade for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Will never work, has a terrible ring to it.

He's lightening quick..

giphy.gif

Even his goal celebrations are boring :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

"I'm not interested in making statements, I'm interested in taking points, actually".

Boring James Milner ‏@BoringMilner Sep 21
    Just drove behind a tractor for 3.6 miles. I tried to overtake it but there wasn't an opportunity to do it safely so I didn't.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MOTD made us look even more majestic than watching live :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This made me laugh. Was just reading a link to TAW ratings page for the game today and saw this bit:
    Emre Can (on for Coutinho 74′):

Fair play for coming on and just barging into people.

Poor Couthinho blinded by the smile.

CtIpOO0WEAAQ2Gr.jpg

Mad stat here. Sounds wrong but I certainly can't be arsed fact checking.
    Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 1h1 hour ago
    James Milner has scored in 43 different Premier League games, he has never lost when doing so (W35, D8).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Looks like we will dominate the Premier League and Europe for next decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Looks like we will dominate the Premier League and Europe for next decade.

Go to bed,Toby...you're drunk. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You went around the block to play it down a bit and like all of us played it cautiously but then wham there it is in the last sentence!
    :)

I think most of us are on the same page. We're all cautiously optimistic, we've a good chance of top-4. A very good chance, but early days.

(doesn't count but later on I'll watch MOTD and have a rake of beers and start working out how best to celebrate when we win the title by 9 points)

It'll be January or February before anybody can call anything with confidence and a decent sample size of performances to go on. For example Leicester last year, I could see them pipping United to the top 4 last season. Took another month or so to see they could win the league!

Still, we're looking good.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's mental stats. Firmino was one goal or assist every 87 minutes, and that was since the turn of the year IIRC.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sample sizes my hip.

There ain't no control on premeditated football. Going win the thing. Telling you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

alarm-clock-smash-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

alarm-clock-smash-o.gif

Might watch that now. Good man btbywild

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

First time I couldn't watch a game live but kept up to date with the sofa score app.. has vids of the goals a couple of mins after there scored..so excellent.. just select your team and follow,or complete leagues.. fantastic

• Advertisement

First time I couldn't watch a game live but kept up to date with the sofa score app.. has vids of the goals a couple of mins after there scored..so excellent.. just select your team and follow,or complete leagues.. fantastic

Forza Football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Oh yeah, last week there was discussion about how Liverpool were not stringing sequences of wins together (which I showed was not actually quite true), well this was the third PL win in a row and 4 in all comps.

First time we won every game in a month since 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

First time we won every game in a month since 2014.

Here's to the second time being October!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

He's been brilliant. Cracking player in fairness to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Anyone know what Firmino and Coutinho's hands across the eyes,"yapping hands" celebration was all about yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Anyone know what Firmino and Coutinho's hands across the eyes,"yapping hands" celebration was all about yesterday?

It was in Portuguese so I didn't understand it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That Coutinho stat is unreal. You can see there is a bit of trust between him and his teammates now, and he's more likely to play one of them in than take a wild shot. Someone was saying yesterday that he'd be 'rotated' for Sturridge, not a chance while he's playing like that.

They are mocking Dunga.

Meanwhile top of the charts or runners up for all the good stuff

CtJgJ6TWcAEVGEh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I got a wee bit nostalgic , ( yes I know it was a poor hull team) with that pressing and energy from everyone , for a certain luis Suarez . He would be the icing on the cake of this Liverpool team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

corwill wrote: »
    Forza Football?

Dunno what that means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

cjmc wrote: »
    I got a wee bit nostalgic ( yes I know it was a poor hull team) with that pressing and energy from everyone for a certain luis Suarez . He would be the icing on the cake of this Liverpool team

Dont worry about Suarez, he left. It's all about Firmino, Mane, Coutinho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

cjmc wrote: »
    I got a wee bit nostalgic , ( yes I know it was a poor hull team) with that pressing and energy from everyone , for a certain luis Suarez . He would be the icing on the cake of this Liverpool team

Same here lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Dont worry about Suarez, he left. It's all about Firmino, Mane, Coutinho!

Firmanetinho!

Klopp is on MNF tomorrow. Burnley v Watford just became interesting!

Dunno what that means

Sorry, got mixed up, early morning befuddlement, you're using an app I hadn't heard of before, thought you were talking about one I have called Forza Football.

Might take SofaScore for a test drive next weekend, looks good. Do you use it on iPhone or android?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Klopp on Monday Night Football tomorow night. That will be much better than the game.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10592757/jurgen-klopp-joins-jamie-carragher-on-monday-night-football-this-week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just thinking when I seen the WBA game last night that Rondon looks like a player that would do very well in the current Liverpool team. Instead of Firmino imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mata has a goal/assist in every 157 minutes of PL football, Coutinho 177

Still has a while to go before he reaches Mata's level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just thinking when I seen the WBA game last night that Rondon looks like a player that would do very well in the current Liverpool team. Instead of Firmino imo.

Jaysus I wouldn't pick Rondon ahead of Firmino in a million years. He's a decent player alright but Firmino has much more of an all round game. Two different type of players in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Mata has a goal/assist in every 157 minutes of PL football, Coutinho 177

Still has a while to go before he reaches Mata's level

200w.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement