Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Goal difference is position on table.
    You can't score goals like we are and be outside top 3. You can lose title by conceding too many. We have conceded more than Burnley at other end of table.
    It's very same as that season we went close with Brenodgers . Need to improve on that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

RasTa wrote: »
    You lads back here already?

413ZomZycML.jpg

Yes, we all believe we will win the league and score 150 goals this season. Every single one of us in the hive mind of LFC supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Top bantz

NukaCola wrote: »
    Top bantz

Bantztastic

Goal difference is position on table.
    You can't score goals like we are and be outside top 3. You can lose title by conceding too many. We have conceded more than Burnley at other end of table.
    It's very same as that season we went close with Brenodgers . Need to improve on that.

Surely top4 will be considered a great season?

Augeo wrote: »

No. Coming second when we did hurt like hell.
    We have the manager, the stadium, the money.
    We have arrived, Klopp wants to be first, to be the best
    He would not be happy to scrape into 4th with 75 pts
    He would not be happy to see Watford 5pts back on 70 in 6th with no money spent
    I would like to think we would be top 3 and title contenders under Klopp
    I would like to see us with 22pts difference to club that ends up in 6

Toby has high expectations.

At this point top 4 would be certainly considered a very good season. If though we are in contention for top in the new year, then it may be considered disappointing while still meeting our pre season hopes.

Take it as it comes. We may be nowhere near top spot come Jan, we may not be in the running for top 4 comes March/April/May. We obviously want to win every game we play which won't happen, but it is the aim. I'm really excited about football again which was a real chore this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

This whole coming 4th being considered a 'great' season is hopefully a thing of previous management standards.

You would imagine Klopp would be aiming for the top.

To see where we are now and what we are trying to acheive compared to this time last year - FSG deserve huge credit for pulling the trigger when they did. Twas a no brainer to get him in while he was available and anyone who thought otherwise needs hugs.

So top4 this season won't be considered great, a great season ?

Baffling stuff. You can aim for top if course.

Some need more than hugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp is a winner he is aiming to win not finish 4th.

So top4 this season won't be considered great, a great season ?

Baffling stuff. You can aim for top if course.

Some need more than hugs.

Evaluate the season after it ends, not before it really gets going.

Klopp is a winner he is aiming to win not finish 4th.

Top4 can be more than 4th.

Where are all the squad is crap posts these days? The posters are still here I notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Top4 can be more than 4th.

Where are all the squad is crap posts these days? The posters are still here I notice.

That's because we are winning.

RB is a worry if Clyne gets a knock, Milner we'll see, signs look better than they did and it looks like he's adapting.

With the Sakho issue we look light at CB.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

K-9 wrote: »

RB is a worry if Clyne gets a knock, Milner we'll see, signs look better than they did and it looks like he's adapting.

Hopefully Gomez will be back soon to provide cover at CB and RB although he's been a long time now without football. Will take him some time to get up to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yeah, bring Mata up because his stats are better than Coutinho's. Bring Firmino's up, we'll see!

You are some craic.

I didn't bring up Mata, someone else did in a vain attempt at the usual Liverpool player is better than United player game.

Firmino has a goal/assist every 128 minutes, not great considering the sample size is tiny compared to Mata's and that he's actually used as as a striker would be some of the time.

Anyhow, imo not one Liverpool player would improve United's starting 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

The problem last few yrs was never truly the squad, it was a manager who had lost his way. Now we have a world class manager

We are in a good moment, hugs n all.

Can will be the cover for RB would be my guess and he is used to that role from the German team.

Can and Lucas would both be able to be emergency cover for CB if needed as well.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    The problem last few yrs was never truly the squad, it was a manager who had lost his way. Now we have a world class manager

We are in a good moment, hugs n all.

The squad when used wrongly was shown to be p1ss poor but as shown by Klopp who managed his tools properly he has been able to craft some very very sexy football with those same tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The squad when used wrongly was shown to be p1ss poor but as shown by Klopp who managed his tools properly he has been able to craft some very very sexy football with those same tools.

Klopp said shortly after he arrived that he was impressed with the quality in the squad. The squad was nowhere near as average as others were so fond of telling Liverpool fans. They just needed direction and a few new additions in key areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wouldn't want any of Uniteds starting 11 either.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

tumblr_ndjl31E9Qm1rnecpgo1_500.jpg

Klopp said shortly after he arrived that he was impressed with the quality in the squad. The squad was nowhere near as average as others were so fond of telling Liverpool fans. They just needed direction and a few new additions in key areas.

Individually most of the players that were bought under the FSG ownership were very good footballers they were just used quite badly

Under a modern world class manager that can now be seen with the previous two managers one was out of touch with modern football although he is still the only manager to win a trophy under FSG's ownership and the other manager just wasn't good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I didn't bring up Mata, someone else did in a vain attempt at the usual Liverpool player is better than United player game.

Firmino has a goal/assist every 128 minutes, not great considering the sample size is tiny compared to Mata's and that he's actually used as as a striker would be some of the time.

A pity they couldn't have threads for each clubs fans ,it make it much more sociable than having opposing fans saying the other teams players are no good even though they are above them in the league

I never really mind lads coming in for reasonable debate but coming in to throw a few digs in is small time........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm not surprised, it's been the same for pool fans for years, despite United finishing ahead 9 times out of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

It seems like everybody is getting a little carried away , recent performances and results have been great , and I genuinely would not fear any team out there right now .

My worry is that all this success is built on working ridiculously hard as a team , out running every team in the league , to keep that up we will need to have some form of rotation in the team or we will burn out players or see players get injured , and while we do not have Europe to consider I still feel squad is light for this type of game and replacements we have are way below the level required.

Up front not really a concern as we have several excellent choices that look like they could rotate in and out of the team ,but Midfield and defence we look very light and this area will see injuries and suspensions for sure.

Milner has proven to be inspired choice at left back and I have to eat some words on this from pre season but we have no cover there that is not a moron and we will have to Give him a break at some point .

That said getting carried away is fun , woot 5 more goals were gunna win the treble.Lalanna for the Ballon D'or

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's cool, I'm sure people can remove any emotional attachment or loyalty when discussing what other players from a rival team would be good enough for theirs...

Makes for a really great and balanced discussion and I'm raging I can't stick around and watch it unfold, but I've a load of lego to walk on in bare feet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm not surprised, it's been the same for pool fans for years, despite United finishing ahead 9 times out of 10.

Given that stat you must be very confident United will finish above Liverpool this year aswell. How confident are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Get a hobby or something.
    Sunday is meant to be a day to enjoy & you spent yours talking about Man Utd with Liverpool fans. Sad times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Man Utd had lost yesterdays game 4-1 would Rayne Wooney be in this thread?

Yes or no - vote now!

• Advertisement

Anyway, what did people make of Karius thus far......

He likes to come off his line...

4Rna0fM.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I never really mind lads coming in for reasonable debate but coming in to through a few digs in is small time........

supporting a team because they were winning at the time you decided to follow football is also small time. Im sure there is no correlation between that and taking small digs on this thread though. no way.

really happy (obviously) so far this season. we are going to leak goals unfortunately which will ultimately stop us winning a trophy. if we cant keep a clean sheet against a 10 man Hull at home after going 3-0 up questions have to be asked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sure even Suarez couldn't get into your imaginary combined squad a while back. I think you need to change your criteria when selecting these things or maybe just don't call it a combined squad.

BMMachine wrote: »
    supporting a team because they were winning at the time you decided to follow football is also small time. Im sure there is no correlation between that and taking small digs on this thread though. no way.

I'm missing your point here, sorry......are you saying I only support Liverpool because they were successful at the time? Thats not the case for me anyway unfortunately :pac: I vaguely remember the last one (league title) but was too young for it to mean much.......and to be fair it may not be the same for everybody either, many reasons for people choosing clubs......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,664 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It seems like everybody is getting a little carried away , recent performances and results have been great , and I genuinely would not fear any team out there right now .

My worry is that all this success is built on working ridiculously hard as a team , out running every team in the league , to keep that up we will need to have some form of rotation in the team or we will burn out players or see players get injured , and while we do not have Europe to consider I still feel squad is light for this type of game and replacements we have are way below the level required.

Up front not really a concern as we have several excellent choices that look like they could rotate in and out of the team ,but Midfield and defence we look very light and this area will see injuries and suspensions for sure.

Milner has proven to be inspired choice at left back and I have to eat some words on this from pre season but we have no cover there that is not a moron and we will have to Give him a break at some point .

That said getting carried away is fun , woot 5 more goals were gunna win the treble.Lalanna for the Ballon D'or

Milner has played great , but because we're pushing teams back so much him and Clyne are basically midfielders more than fullbacks . Lb is still a problem when a good team comes out to meet us imo.

I know it was mentioned earlier but this is really really impressive.....assists can be a bit fuzzy as a marker but being involved in so many goals just shows how important he is for us.........he's no Lingard/Martial though so lets not get carried away

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/780118200012988416

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'd take DDG, I'm afraid.

And Phil Jones, just for the sh1t and giggles with the awesome gifs during his sub appearances in cup games:D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Rashford would be a decent option if we had an injury crisis too

The thread for the game in 2 weeks will be great craic too, although it won't get going until the Monday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its astonishing really to think how far Firmino, Lallana and Lovren have progressed in the last 12 months. Firmino especially he had a slow start while he was bedding in but if he keeps putting in performances like he has been then the inevitable Barcelona stories will be written this side of Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »
    The thread for the game in 2 weeks will be great craic too, although it won't get going until the Monday morning.

But it'll keep going until the following Monday morning on the off chance that they win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lovely goal......not sure where he fits in other than bit part player being honest though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lovely goal......not sure where he fits in other than bit part player being honest though.....

The same could have been said of a few of our now nailed on starters at different times though...the energy of his game suits the team anyway, looking forward to seeing what he can do when he starts getting more senior game time.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The same could have been said of a few of our now nailed on starters at different times though...the energy of his game suits the team anyway, looking forward to seeing what he can do when he starts getting more senior game time.

True, he'll have to put in some serious performances when he gets his chance......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ings is a decent back up player and was unfortunate with his injury. If it turns out he gets little or no game time it will mean things have gone well and sturridge has stayed fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Cup games for Ings at best unless there's a crisis but hopefully he'll stick about and be rewarded next season what with CL football and all :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I'm missing your point here, sorry......are you saying I only support Liverpool because they were successful at the time? Thats not the case for me anyway unfortunately :pac: I vaguely remember the last one (league title) but was too young for it to mean much.......and to be fair it may not be the same for everybody either, many reasons for people choosing clubs......

oh agreed, people choose their club for many reasons. What I am referring to is what you referred to as a small time attitude and that would correlate to why a person chose a particular club to support. Not everyone has the same reasons, but isn't it amazing how so many people think and post in the exact same way and all support the same club and all act in this 'small time' manner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Cup games for Ings at best unless there's a crisis but hopefully he'll stick about and be rewarded next season what with CL football and all :)

At least it's a young squad for the most part, so a few of the lads not getting game time can afford to wait a year or two before reassessing their careers.

Another one of those stats.

The main man Firmino has a combined 61 goals/assists in his last 90 league starts between here and Germany.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement