Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Vicxas wrote: »
    I love fantasy football for the first few weeks, and then i get proper bored of it.

I stopped doing it a few years back when I realised I was happy Chelsea kept a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I stopped doing it a few years back when I realised I was happy Chelsea kept a clean sheet.

This is the thing that annoys me with it, Liverpool lose 2-0 to Utd, all Pool fans should be sickened but there is always one twat who comes out with, "Ah well at least I had Rooney in my FF team so he got a goal and an assist, not all doom & gloom!"....just fúck off you tit :mad:

I hate the thing tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Anyone interested in doing a draft on RotoPL? Basically the same as NFL ones. Set up a league and we draft on a specific date. Means nobody can have the same players. Much more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

kfallon wrote: »
    This is the thing that annoys me with it, Liverpool lose 2-0 to Utd, all Pool fans should be sickened but there is always one twat who comes out with, "Ah well at least I had Rooney in my FF team so he got a goal and an assist, not all doom & gloom!"....just fúck off you tit :mad:

I hate the thing tbh!

Who the hell in their right mind would put Rooney in their FF team :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

emmetkenny wrote: »

You know what I mean.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

emmetkenny wrote: »

Wayne Rooney and Wayne Rooney's missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Wayne Rooney and Wayne Rooney's missus.

He scores more than he misses, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Jose Enrique training hard to find a new club....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI115XxBZE1/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

NukaCola wrote: »
    Jose Enrique training hard to find a new club....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI115XxBZE1/

Reminds me of this video of the human wheelchair himself:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Anyone interested in doing a draft on RotoPL? Basically the same as NFL ones. Set up a league and we draft on a specific date. Means nobody can have the same players. Much more fun.

Looks interesting. Maybe stick it up as its own thread and try get a cross section of boards users?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

kfallon wrote: »

I hate the thing tbh!

This is the main reason I haven't done FF since about 2005. Really annoys me.

Laziness also plays a part as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

+1

I see the email reminders every week and I couldn't be bothered. I have Diego Costa as captain this weekend, FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd love to have a job were I'd have the time to play FF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Charlie19 wrote: »

He says while posting on boards at midday :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Charlie19 wrote: »

There is no rule you have to do it on work time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Knex. wrote: »
    He says while posting on boards at midday :p

Isn't boards classed as research...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Champions-League/08-08-2016/champions-si-cambia-2018-italia-avra-4-posti-meriti-storici-le-big-160659992455.shtml

Header translation:

Starting 2018 Italy, Spain, Germany and England will all have 4 locked spots for "Historic Merit" [Italian] (gazzetta.it)

• Advertisement

The prospect of England losing a spot scared them.

5starpool wrote: »

I think with the shift of talent (playing and managing) to England is likely to see an improvement in their CL outcomes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

K-9 wrote: »
    Tbh 13/14 wasn't competitive, the top 4 were miles ahead of the rest. Last season was extra competitive, points got dropped everywhere by everybody.
    13/14 was competitive because there were 4 clubs fighting it out for the title. The top 4 clubs finished within 7 points of each other, usually the margin between first and fourth is 15-20 points. The gap between the four has been as large as 34 points. The previous time the top 4 teams were 7 points apart was in Arsene Wenger's first season at Arsenal and 75 points was enough to win the league title.

1996/7 :
    Pos  Team       Pts
    1    Man Utd    75
    2    Newcastle  68
    3    Arsenal    68
    4    Liverpool  68

The league was not as competitive back then, Man Utd clocked up titles at a canter until Wenger showed up at Arsenal. Wenger and Mourinho raised the level of what was required to win the league title and now doing so with less than 80 points is the exception rather than the rule. If you look at the points totals then last season (2015/16) the league stepped back 15 years in time.
    Pos    00/01    15/16
    1st     80       81
    2nd     70       71
    4th     68       66
    5th     66       66
    18th    34       37

This happened because for various reasons four of the 'big clubs' were out of the equation. In my opinion, the points totals for the 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons are indicative of where the league is headed when the big clubs are competing with each other.
    Pos    12/13    13/14
    1st     89       86
    2nd     78       84
    4th     73       79
    5th     72       72
    18th    36       33

Twenty years ago 60 points would have secured a top 4 finish, as the top end of the league became more competitive it required higher points totals, now it looks like 72 might not be enough to guarantee it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

The prospect of pissing the bigger clubs off and another league being started up

Palace back in for Benteke, according to the Echo. Patience paying off, likely to get around £30M, which we cannot be disappointed with!

I still think we'll see one more signing in, and Alberto, Ilori and Balo all to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dickerty wrote: »
    Palace back in for Benteke, according to the Echo. Patience paying off, likely to get around £30M, which we cannot be disappointed with!

I still think we'll see one more signing in, and Alberto, Ilori and Balo all to go...

Im hoping it'll open the floodgates for the rest of the deadwood to float away.

Apparently we're also in for Oddegaard on loan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

@Talisman,yeah that's all true and well researched.

It'll be interesting to see if this season continues from last or goes back to the norm. Chelsea were shocking last year, United poor and City not great so it would be expected they'll all improve. Shows what Klopp is up against.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Apparently we're also in for Oddegaard on loan.

Not sure about that one, only seems to be coming from Marca. I can't imagine we'd take him on loan unless a certain option to buy, why develop him for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Hopes for the season,finish ahead of Jose,time and time again he has shown himself to be an arrogant nasty individual and the hypocritical way he is being glorified is sickening.
    Expectations, 5/6 ,mane to be MVP, sturridge to be injured alot ,coutiniho s last year at the club and klopp to make it a very entertaining season good or bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

https://twitter.com/Galatasaray/status/763003368491126786

Galatasaray move closer to signing Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I love fantasy football for the first few weeks, and then i get proper bored of it.

I only strated playing the thing when......

Roy-Hodgson-006.jpg

I was looking for an escape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

daithijjj wrote: »

Roy-Hodgson-006.jpg

Christ, none of them even look like professional athletes.

Umaro wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Galatasaray/status/763003368491126786

Galatasaray move closer to signing Lucas.

He has to know he's not going to play much, behind Can, Hendo, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Milner and Lallana, and Stewart has now leap-frogged him as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's a great deal/partnership with Sky Germany having them show all games and behind the scenes doc's on Klopp's day to day's the fan base is sure to grow hugely in Germany/Austria and around Europe with this.

Just Jurgen no three envelopes please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Need to get LivingInKorea to provide us with subtitles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Christ, none of them even look like professional athletes.

If only we had someone to look into their eyes and tell us if they are players or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Grayditch wrote: »
    If only we had someone to look into their eyes and tell us if they are players or not.

Roy did it for us

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnfCrCLgx9I-ciYvzUm8jUf2XoiGRYrnb1EtO0gHY5MIIdnqlDdw
    These pwayers will save us fwom welegation.

daithijjj wrote: »

Roy-Hodgson-006.jpg

Dark days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Looks like the toffees are buying tekkers for palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks like the toffees are buying tekkers for palace

Was just gonna post that. 25 million for Bolaise is criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Milan Jovanovic, best player in the world he was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Everton are going to extreme lengths to win a derby game! :pac:

Hoki wrote: »

Best pre season player in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,392 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

One of those players that always seems to play well against us but when you look at his stats they are not that impressive.

Hoki wrote: »

[Neighbours clip here]

Couldn't be arsed to look it up, pretend it's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

One of those players that always seems to play well against us but when you look at his stats they are not that impressive.

Yeah, every time ive seen him ive been really impressed. Admittedly though, most of those games have been against us.

[Neighbours clip here]

Couldn't be arsed to look it up, pretend it's there.

Its shit like this that keeps me logging into boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Surely we'll sign someone else before the end of the window? Think we still need a central midfielder and two defenders if we want to challenge this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Benteke is sold (along with Lucas who is apparently off tomorrow in all likelihood) then that'll be 33-35 million quid to play with, it would be folly not to spend a decent part of that on a left back and maybe an ankle biter who we have never even heard of from east Europe.

Readers will be thrilled to learn I'll be doing a loan watch for the season - but as there is a game for one not until tomorrow (Lloyd Jones at Swindon) I'll update then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Need to get LivingInKorea to provide us with subtitles!

My German is really bad. Germans love to speak English but walking on campus all casual with my LFC T-shirt today did get me some proper cool looks from members of staff (at least I think so, maybe they pity me).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement