Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cup games for Ings at best unless there's a crisis but hopefully he'll stick about and be rewarded next season what with CL football and all :)

If we do get CL football then unfortunately, unless he gets game time this season due to injuries and impresses, we'll likely recruit a better version of Ings for next season I'd imagine, but who knows I guess.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Was also nice to hear Klopp saying that Moreno has been amongst the most impressive performers in training in recent weeks. With his good performance during the week, maybe there's hope for him yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

cjmc wrote: »
    Milner has played great , but because we're pushing teams back so much him and Clyne are basically midfielders more than fullbacks . Lb is still a problem when a good team comes out to meet us imo.

The only good team left is City. ;):pac:

We've played Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs and Chelsea and not lost to any.

Can will be the cover for RB would be my guess and he is used to that role from the German team.

Can and Lucas would both be able to be emergency cover for CB if needed as well.

If Clyne gets injured I think Milner could be moved over to RB to cover Clyne and Moreno come back at left back.

NukaCola wrote: »
    The goals and attacking play was excellent yesterday but this pass from Klaven was prob my favourite of the game....

https://twitter.com/LiverpoolGifs/status/779694907615248384

Great pass from Klavan. What it does highlight though is the difference of using a left footed player on the left.

If he was naturally left footed Milner would have cut it back first time taking out three defenders and leaving Firmino? (Not quite sure who it is in the gif) with a clean shot on goal.

Being right footed his natural instinct was to control it first with his right foot.

It's a small thing but could be the difference with a similar situation in a tight game

dogbert27 wrote: »

It's a small thing but could be the difference with a similar situation in a tight game

We'll inevitably see a LB being bought in Jan or the Summer.

Milner is after doing well in all games so far, he IMO has plenty brownie points in the bag and it's important to remember that goals happen in football so even if someone gets the better of him and scores it's not necessarily his fault :)

Not contesting CL or EL & quite likely not challenging for the title Milner at LB for the season we might well get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Lads, thinks are looking up. The feeling around Liverpool seems to be buoyant and long may it last. Not going to get carried away just yet though. Come Christmas time though if we're still in the running I may get a little more excited, but not too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads, thinks are looking up. The feeling around Liverpool seems to be buoyant and long may it last. Not going to get carried away just yet though. Come Christmas time though if we're still in the running I may get a little more excited, but not too much!
    Any time we get some exuberance around this place, we get punished!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have to say klavans aerial ability impressed me very much on saturday. Dont think he lost one header. Also matip i dont think has lost an aerial duel since he arrived.

Long may it continue as too many times in the past our centre halfs have been bullied by the lesser teams more robust approach

ricero wrote: »
    Have to say klavans aerial ability impressed me very much on saturday. Dont think he lost one header. Also matip i dont think has lost an aerial duel since he arrived.

Long may it continue as too many times in the past our centre halfs have been bullied by the lesser teams more robust approach

Matip, so far, looks almost majestic at times. I'm impressed.

Augeo wrote: »
    We'll inevitably see a LB being bought in Jan or the Summer.

Milner is after doing well in all games so far, he IMO has plenty brownie points in the bag and it's important to remember that goals happen in football so even if someone gets the better of him and scores it's not necessarily his fault :)

Not contesting CL or EL & quite likely not challenging for the title Milner at LB for the season we might well get away with.

Chelsea have won the league with Ivanovic at right back and United have won the league with Valencia at right back. Not too concerned with Milner playing there.

So I think we will be okay with Milner for the moment. Klopp said that Moreno was the best player in training for a while now.

Maybe he did the right thing and take him out of the firing line after the Arsenal game. Get his methods drilled in to Moreno's head and then when he's ready return him to left back.

We'll see I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm not worried at all about where we finish the season.

I'm enjoying the football and the goals and the 3 points are almost immaterial atm.

I'm not worried at all about where we finish the season.

I'm enjoying the football and the goals and the 3 points are almost immaterial atm.

Agreed. Some of our play, at times, is out of this world. Breath taking to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

just reading back through the pages with the Ranye Wooney stuff...

P.785unw"3
    $pR7oo£)1$
    7taoI!.?)sly
    o^4iaC£o/!
    --*o/agK*8

that my WiFi code btw,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

I was over at the game on Sat (I know picked a good one!)...

Firstly the new stand is great huge sound when everyone roars it must be deafening from the pitch...The views are great we were about 8 rows from the back and the views were superb. The atmosphere could have been better tho..

Match observations - Hull were **** it took them less than 10 mins to realise they need to sit back and hold on

Firmino's off the ball running is something that often goes unnoticed.

Every time Mané and Coutinho got on the ball you were off your seat. There was so much movement into the box which really unnerved Hull. Ever since Suarez left and the opposition parked the bus we got used to the ball being moved left and right outside the box hoping for a bit of Coutinho magic...but not anymore.

Wijnaldum & Henderson were everywhere they needed to be and basically kept the ball in Hull half.

Yeah way too positive in here.

Swansea are going to smash us I reckon. Have only beat them once away in the last five years. 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses.

We're doomed, doomed I tells ya!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I hear Klopp is going to be on MNF tonight can't wait to see him use the replay screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/10/adam-lallana-could-be-a-great-great-player-under-jurgen-klopp-rickie-lambert/

Lambert and Carra calling it spot on about a year ago.

Lallana has looked like a complete different player than the one we saw under Rodgers. Lets hope he can keep adding goals to his game, because it was one area he was really falling down on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

ike wrote: »
    Firmino's off the ball running is something that often goes unnoticed.

People are starting to notice, now that he's the main man.
    ike wrote: »
    Every time Mané and Coutinho got on the ball you were off your seat. There was so much movement into the box which really unnerved Hull. Ever since Suarez left and the opposition parked the bus we got used to the ball being moved left and right outside the box hoping for a bit of Coutinho magic...but not anymore.

The last time I watched dominance and penetration like that, I spent half the night getting the viruses off the laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Jamie Carragher on MNF tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

David Jones on MNF tonight.

Anyone on here watch Monday Night Football? Heard it might be on tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Anyone on here watch Monday Night Football? Heard it might be on tonight.

Any idea who's on it tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Yawns wrote: »

Dave Lee Roth and Zha Zha Gabor, I heard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is today Monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

While we wait for the Loan Watch update, I had a look at how our summer departures are getting on - not good is the answer!

(setting aside Balo, Skrtel, Ben and Allen who are senior players always likely to start...)

Ibe - Started every league games, subbed off on each occasion, no goals or assists.
    Smith - Only played their EFL games so far.
    Canos - Also only started EFL games for Norwich, scored 2 and got an assist in a 6-1 win, but no time in the Championship so far.
    Sinclair - Not a dicky-bird.
    Alberto - 13 mins so far in 4 games.
    Teixeira - no minutes so far!
    McLaughlin - 120 minutes over 12 games so far.
    Rossiter - playes about half of Rangers minutes to date.
    Vigouroux - First choice keeper for Swindon

The grass isn't always greener!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Dickerty wrote: »
    While we wait for the Loan Watch update, I had a look at how our summer departures are getting on - not good is the answer!

(setting aside Balo, Skrtel, Ben and Allen who are senior players always likely to start...)

Ibe - Started every league games, subbed off on each occasion, no goals or assists.
    Canos - Also only started EFL games for Norwich, scored 2 and got an assist in a 6-1 win, but no time in the Championship so far.

How quickly we forget about Jon Flanagan :(

Edit: My bad. Departures not loans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dickerty wrote: »

Ive seen teixeira on the bench in portos champions league games but not in the portugese leage games which is odd, he's a player I intend to keep an eye on. Mclaughlins career to date has been ruined by injuries, shame as he looked a good player a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In relation to Ibe, you can see that he is being given the ball when playing to try spark something. He starts off on the right in games and hugs the touchline. After 20 - 30 minutes he cuts in and does the #10 role. after about another 10 minutes he is playing as the 2 wingers and the #10.....so no shame in being subbed after playing or 2 or 3 people for the first half.

Matip, so far, looks almost majestic at times. I'm impressed.

It's all in the eyes.

It's all in the eyes.

I looked in his eyes. They truly were majestic.

Yawns wrote: »

Some German guy I heard. Some nerd with glasses, will be interesting to see who it may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Some German guy I heard. Some nerd with glasses, will be interesting to see who it may be.

They should send in Faklopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Isn't it one of Hans Gruber's Henchmen, you know the guy with smaller feet than John McClain's sister?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Waldo? Im soooooo watching this now then :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

On a somewhat serious note, MNF is usually about Carragher and GaryChuckle dissecting whichever team is in a crisis this week (presumably Chelsea, Sunderland or Hammers) and generally slating their players with video examples.
    It'd be good if Klopp didn't get involved in that, no point making enemies unnecessarily. Hopefully he's just there for a 'aren't your team playing great' love-in.

Hopefully he's there to punch Carragher in the head for coming across like a d!ckhead about Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hopefully he's there to punch Carragher in the head for coming across like a d!ckhead about Moreno.

I dont mind him doing that when it's warranted criticism.

• Advertisement

garra wrote: »
    I dont mind him doing that when it's warranted criticism.

Admittedly criticism was deserved, and as someone whose career was mistake free I can see why Carragher thought he was in a position to administer it, but it was the wrong thing to do by someone who still has connections with the club. I also get the feeling if we were currently suffering Flanagan at RB he wouldn't be so forthcoming with opinions on how bad he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Strange, you have a serious dislike towards two Liverpool legends in Carra and Stevie G, yet you will defend wasters like Enrique and Moreno, quite baffling tbh.

Every man and his dog has criticised Moreno and rightfully so for some of the ineptitude he has shown, here's a quote from you in fact....Moreno, if he'd two brains he'd be twice as f*cking thick.

So I don't see a problem with Carra doing exactly that. I wouldn't be advocating someone punching a legend like that in the head anyway. Show some respect please and thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ronnie Whelan being a fool as usual he thinks Klopp should be on tv because of Rodgers.

There’s been a big furore over Jurgen Klopp’s appearance on Monday Night Football this evening - here at the ECHO we’ll even be running a special blog on it - but former Reds favourite Ronnie Whelan doesn’t think this is a wise move and fears the Anfield chief could end up like his predecessor Brendan Rodgers.

Speaking in the Irish Independent he said:
    “I know Klopp is good in front of the camera and I would trust him not to say anything stupid, but I wonder will we see Pep Guardiola or José Mourinho on Monday Night Football? Can you imagine if Sky had asked Alex Ferguson or Kenny Dalglish to become a talking head? They would have got their answer, alright. Klopp has hardly put a foot wrong in all his club press conferences and I think the journalists who work the beat are delighted with his refreshing honesty, but sometimes that can get you into trouble. I’m not sure we need more Jurgen Klopp and he only has to look at his predecessor’s time at Anfield for a lesson in what over-exposure can do to a manager. Brendan Rodgers became a parody of himself towards the end of his spell at Anfield, simply because he didn’t seem to know when to say nothing. Every time he turned up in front of a camera, his words became more flaky, but he made himself available when he would have been better served hunkering down.

Expecting Klopp to talk some truth tonight.

il_340x270.686045728_e2hd.jpg

Klopp was considered one of the top pundits and a regular on German tv before he got the Dortmund job.

Ronnie Whelan needs retire off into the sunset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ronnie Whelan being a fool as usual he thinks Klopp should be on tv because of Rodgers.

There’s been a big furore over Jurgen Klopp’s appearance on Monday Night Football this evening - here at the ECHO we’ll even be running a special blog on it - but former Reds favourite Ronnie Whelan doesn’t think this is a wise move and fears the Anfield chief could end up like his predecessor Brendan Rodgers.

Speaking in the Irish Independent he said:

While I trust Klopp to keep it tight and play it light Whelan's broader point is correct. Rodgers ultimately didn't know when to shut the feck up esp with his relentless positivity (regardless of actual form) and limited stock descriptions of players which I don't need to list here! I suspect Dalglish wouldn't go near MNF as well if only because he was/is quite reserved at heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Klopp waters flowers, according to himself on Sky Sports News just now. More on that as it develops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The critiscism of Moreno has been poor at times tbh.
    The thing that annoys me with many of the english pundits (Neville,Carra) or others in the media. They are clearly biased towards English players. Clear example was on the BBC where Sinclair & Murphy was saying Rooney needs to now play as a DM lol. Also if David Luiz done what Cahill done Saturday there would be a 30 min segment on MNF about it.
    Neville in co-commentary regulary just brushes aside if an English player makes a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Admittedly criticism was deserved, and as someone whose career was mistake free I can see why Carragher thought he was in a position to administer it, but it was the wrong thing to do by someone who still has connections with the club. I also get the feeling if we were currently suffering Flanagan at RB he wouldn't be so forthcoming with opinions on how bad he is.

I think it needed saying and I don't mind whether it's someone with "connections" to the club or not. He is not employed by the club and can speak as freely as he likes about defensive frailties, personally I hope he continues to speak out with the same gusto and disregard for his own standing within the club. We don't need herd mentality just because Klopp is the Messiah.

Regarding the comment about Flanagan not getting a roasting, your feelings are probably correct but we will never know for sure, as Flanagan could never be as defensively inept as Moreno.

• Advertisement

Like a f*cking boomerang.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement