Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Let's be honest of course Murphy as a Liverpool fan along with all Liverpool fans want to see Rooney play as a DM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

MD1990 wrote: »
    The critiscism of Moreno has been poor at times tbh.
    The thing that annoys me with many of the english pundits (Neville,Carra) or others in the media. They are clearly biased towards English players. Clear example was on the BBC where Sinclair & Murphy was saying Rooney needs to now play as a DM lol. Also if David Luiz done what Cahill done Saturday there would be a 30 min segment on MNF about it.
    Neville in co-commentary regulary just brushes aside if an English player makes a mistake.

Why would English people not stand up for each other, or favour each other? They commentators are English, as far as they are concerned their audience is English, the papers and TV companies they work for are English, the language they speak is English and the culture / fans of the EPL that go to matches are .. English. It's only natural they will be biased towards English players ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Really don't have any problem with what Ronnie said; I don't even think he's having a go at Klopp, more that he doesn't want to see the same thing happen to Klopp that happened to Rodgers.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Really don't have any problem with what Ronnie said; I don't even think he's having a go at Klopp, more that he doesn't want to see the same thing happen to Klopp that happened to Rodgers.

What become a laughing stock and end up managing in Scotland I don't see that happening to Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

garra wrote: »
    Why would English people not stand up for each other, or favour each other? They commentators are English, as far as they are concerned their audience is English, the papers and TV companies they work for are English, the language they speak is English and the culture / fans of the EPL that go to matches are .. English. It's only natural they will be biased towards English players ffs.
    Not sure why you seem to be getting angry using ffs.
    But I prefer players to be judged fairly & not what nationality they are. It is natural for english to favour there own I agree. It's probably why I don't listen to too much of the analysis on sky,bt,bbc etc as much of it is pundits just saying what there employer wants to reach the general public i.e The PL is the best in the world etc. Maybe this attitude could be why they have struggled an an International team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think it needed saying and I don't mind whether it's someone with "connections" to the club or not. He is not employed by the club and can speak as freely as he likes about defensive frailties, personally I hope he continues to speak out with the same gusto and disregard for his own standing within the club. We don't need herd mentality just because Klopp is the Messiah.

Regarding the comment about Flanagan not getting a roasting, your feelings are probably correct but we will never know for sure, as Flanagan could never be as defensively inept as Moreno.

It did need saying, fairly sure I said something harsh about him at the time myself (can't remember what offhand). And despite not being employed by the club he's obviously aware of towing the line because he deleted the criticism fairly sharpish. It mainly comes down to my dislike of Carragher tbh :pac: (he's a c0ck head).

As for Flanagan, we'll agree to disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You can tell things are going well when the bickering and debate is based around retired players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

You can tell things are going well when the bickering and debate is based around retired players.

We never should have tried to force Alonso out to sign Barry!

What was our net spend this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can understand where Ronnie Whelan is coming from with the comments about over exposure but I think Klopp is too smart to be made a fool of.

Rogers was always kind of guarded in what he said. He wasn't telling you out straight what his opinion was and he did say some awfully stupid things. Those interviews after games where he said the team played well after getting beat by a poor team just won't get you any respect.

I'm tuning in tonight to listen to Klopp, I enjoy listening to an intelligent soccer manager talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Klopp should just bang his wife tonight, what does he gain by doing MNF? Can't imagine the guy has much free time

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Klopp should just bang his wife tonight, what does he gain by doing MNF? Can't imagine the guy has much free time

Perhaps he got enough dominance and penetration on Saturday afternoon to do him for a while. Will be interested to see how Carra draws out Klopp on some aspects of his management, at least we know he won't be "towing the line" when choosing what to ask.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Not sure why you seem to be getting angry using ffs.
    But I prefer players to be judged fairly & not what nationality they are. It is natural for english to favour there own I agree. It's probably why I don't listen to too much of the analysis on sky,bt,bbc etc as much of it is pundits just saying what there employer wants to reach the general public i.e The PL is the best in the world etc. Maybe this attitude could be why they have struggled an an International team.

Not angry - just a turn of phrase that doesn't read well! Indeed the English island mentality is alive and well if Brexit didn't remind us. The international team doesn't suffer for this reason though imo, in general they just lack the technical and tactical skills required for playing a different type of football at a high level. The game has evolved differently in England and the English type of game can be (attack-oriented / lack of midfield control etc) easily picked apart by other top level teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

klopp is so easy on the ear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think it needed saying and I don't mind whether it's someone with "connections" to the club or not. He is not employed by the club and can speak as freely as he likes about defensive frailties, personally I hope he continues to speak out with the same gusto and disregard for his own standing within the club. We don't need herd mentality just because Klopp is the Messiah.
    There's a way to say things though. Carra in fairness was just being an insulting dick about it. It's another example of people treating twitter like they're just having a chat with their buddies in the pub. Criticize, by all means, but do so professionally.
    DrumSteve wrote: »

It's an odd unfounded concern though...Rodgers got himself into trouble with his comments, because that's who he is. Whether it's in pressers, on Being Liverpool, interviews etc, he was a disaster with all his self-aggrandising faux philosophical words.

Klopp is a very different person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Could listen to Klopp for hours. This is excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

8-10 wrote: »
    Could listen to Klopp for hours. This is excellent

I'd like to tell him to keep schtum, I'm sure Jose and Pep are watching at home... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'd like to tell him to keep schtum, I'm sure Jose and Pep are watching at home... :)

Ah here there's no big secret here. The scouting reports for the Manchester clubs will have all this info on Liverpool at a minimum. Most of it we know ourselves watching week in week out. It's just refreshing getting such honest opinions, interested in hearing him speak about Burnley and Watford now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

8-10 wrote: »
    Ah here there's no big secret here. The scouting reports for the Manchester clubs will have all this info on Liverpool at a minimum. Most of it we know ourselves watching week in week out. It's just refreshing getting such honest opinions, interested in hearing him speak about Burnley and Watford now

Ah I know that... :)

It's always interesting listening to him, he's fascinating and keeps everyone in the room involved....

Glad to see the manager say the main man is Firmino.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Daniel-Sturridge-131123-LooksOn-R-300.jpg

Strange, you have a serious dislike towards two Liverpool legends in Carra and Stevie G, yet you will defend wasters like Enrique and Moreno, quite baffling tbh.

Every man and his dog has criticised Moreno and rightfully so for some of the ineptitude he has shown, here's a quote from you in fact....Moreno, if he'd two brains he'd be twice as f*cking thick.

So I don't see a problem with Carra doing exactly that. I wouldn't be advocating someone punching a legend like that in the head anyway. Show some respect please and thank you.

Since Klopp mentioned Moreno was a great lad at training since being dropped I think some people will try and allude to the fact that they don't think Moreno is 100% sh1t despite that being their view on here recently.

Kind of jumping on the next bandwagon before it leaves the station having misread the timetable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Augeo wrote: »
    Since Klopp mentioned Moreno was a great lad at training since being dropped I think some people will try and allude to the fact that they don't think Moreno is 100% sh1t despite that being their view on here recently.

Kind of jumping on the next bandwagon before it leaves the station having misread the timetable :)

Moreno is **** though. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't think it has, but he gotta be sisterin' his sister. :pac:

*awaits this to suddenly be an issue :cool:

When it comes to Moreno, Lovren, Mignolet, Lallana and other players isn't it great to have a manager who wants to coach and improve his players instead of blaming his tools.

It may not work in all cases but at least he doesn't right them off and as has been seen with Lovren and Lallana especially they have improved so much under a manager who knows what he is doing.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Is that sentence available in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Turtyturd wrote: »

*awaits this to suddenly be an issue :cool:

64460446.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Yer spending too much time together on this thread sisters...all yer periods have synced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

shur feminists dont get periods i thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

There's a good player in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Yer spending too much time together on this thread sisters...all yer periods have synced.

They are attracting all the bears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I just missed the half time Klopp, so have to watch 45 mins of dross for the post match analysis :pac:

I am bemused as to why Klopp took the gig though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I just missed the half time Klopp, so have to watch 45 mins of dross for the post match analysis :pac:

Where it all started. Nothing new to him I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

This thread.......is there any saving it at all........

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    They are attracting all the bears.

tumblr_inline_mlfrlnYQkr1qz4rgp.gif

We are just pool fans on a Liverpool thread having a bit of Bantz and sometimes decent discussion. Some people need to just calm down and imagine a nice hug from Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Moreno is gay?

Carra annoying Klopp with replays of Klopp as a player falling over and giving goal away. Klopp looked a bit pissed off with that. It was a bit of a classless thing to do by Carra .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

NukaCola wrote: »
    This thread.......is there any saving it at all........

BNg4tlrCQAEEMY8.jpg

pandas-live_64dff22c2fe56e9.jpg?domain=cx.aos.ask.com

screen_20130519_165343.jpg?w=584

maxresdefault.jpg

285A93F700000578-0-image-a-1_1431031264962.jpg

Shannons-Corner.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He was only on for the pre-match stuff. not taking part in the actual analysis of this game, which is the right move on his part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Marty101 the award for 'what might appear to be a random selection of pics to an outsider but are infact quite a good representation of the flow(period reference seeing as that's what we're doing tonight) of the thread over the last while post', goes to you.
    Although it needed some sakho painting pics to go down as a all time classic 'what might appear to be a random selection of pics to an outsider but are infact quite a good representation of the flow(period reference seeing as that's what we're doing tonight) of the thread over the last while post'

When it comes to Moreno, Lovren, Mignolet, Lallana and other players isn't it great to have a manager who wants to coach and improve his players instead of blaming his tools.

It may not work in all cases but at least he doesn't right them off and as has been seen with Lovren and Lallana especially they have improved so much under a manager who knows what he is doing.

At least with Lovren, Lallana and possibly Mig he had some sort of a brain with which to work. I have seen nothing to suggest that Moreno can offer anything to the club. I may eat my words (highly doubtful) but that's my view on him. And I hate to write off anyone that plays for Liverpool, but he's sent me over my tipping point.

Did he eat a good player or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Ah Fluke - Absurd; had me searching for a pack of chewing gum in the pockets of my strides. Then I remembered it's a Monday. And I'm old.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

At least with Lovren, Lallana and possibly Mig he had some sort of a brain with which to work. I have seen nothing to suggest that Moreno can offer anything to the club. I may eat my words (highly doubtful) but that's my view on him. And I hate to write off anyone that plays for Liverpool, but he's sent me over my tipping point.

Klopp hasn't been shy about shipping players out he kept Moreno.

That would make me think he sees something in him that he can work with if Moreno doesn't show anything over the season he will be shipped out next summer but Klopp seems to want to coach him.

Milner is on fire. Sees more of the ball in current role than he did in midfield. It's like we have a 5 man midfield with Milner and Clyne pushing forward.
    Very much
    ..when we have ball, can't see Moreno getting back in side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The whole Moreno has no brain thing really p*sses me off. He's had tons of good games for the club. He lacks concentration but that doesn't mean he's stupid, which is what "he has no brain" implies.

And to say he's done nothing to show he could potentially be a success at the club is to be very short sighed and sensationalist. Doesn't mean he doesn't need to improve a ton to be a first choice reliable option for us but he clearly has talent and has displayed it plenty of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Moreno has the physical attributes, pace, great stamina and pretty strong for a small'ish player. I think Klopp may have decided to take him out of the spotlight to work on all the other aspects and we'll see him in cup games and other occasional appearances to see how he carries what Klopp is trying to convey to him onto the pitch.
    Whether he can take the coaching on board will decide his future at the club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement