Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Moreno could play in a 4 man midfield.
    He's a great player, but not a great leftback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Don't know if this is all of it, though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Seems like getting out of the team was the best thing to happen to Moreno's career, people's opinion of him is already on the rise.

I'm glad he's rarely featuring anyway, lad has no brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    The whole Moreno has no brain thing really p*sses me off. He's had tons of good games for the club. He lacks concentration but that doesn't mean he's stupid, which is what "he has no brain" implies.

And to say he's done nothing to show he could potentially be a success at the club is to be very short sighed and sensationalist. Doesn't mean he doesn't need to improve a ton to be a first choice reliable option for us but he clearly has talent and has displayed it plenty of times.

I agree that he has talent and I have said before I love the desire and passion he puts into the game, but not sure why you're annoyed with the brainless comments, it's the perfect word to describe some of his play, when he starts flying recklessly into tackles and conceding penalties or stupid yellows then there's no other word for it really. That of course means he's brainless in a footballing sense I have no idea about his academic capabilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Everytime I think of Moreno I only remember the Norwich penalty. I mean Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Looks like Sakho won't be finding much sympathy on home soil either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3808344/We-don-t-s-t-not-circus-Christophe-Dugarry-Emmanuel-Petit-blast-Liverpool-rebel-Mamadou-Sakho-outburst.html

I'm a fan of Sakho's but this is a battle that he will never win. He needs to get his head sorted and get with the Klopp program if he wants to remain a "scouse soldier" :rolleyes:

He made the decision to not go on loan to get himself match fit and remain to fight for his place. He has not played a competitive game since last April so even with Lovren pulling out last weekend Klavan was always going to start.

He may have been pissed that he wasn't selected for the bench but Lucas gives the option of a midfield and a CB substitution.

Klavan has done nothing to show he should be dislodged at the minute, especially for Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Moreno cant control his emotions on the pitch, anything can set off a rush of blood in him, he sometimes cant assess the situation he's in and his positional sense can be suspect. I'd be fine if he never played for us again. I wouldn't be too upset if he was a bit part player either though, but IMO he has to improve foolish mistakes and be more solid in defending.

On a plus side he's fast and hardworking, I wouldn't be against him and Origi coming on at 70+ minutes in advanced positions to add pace and energy to the press against a tiring backline for example. He has his uses but IMO he's a liability at the back, he's too unpredictable and thats not a good trait for a defender. Good teams will exploit that but for 40/50% of games we'll get away with it if he starts.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Moreno cant control his emotions on the pitch, anything can set off a rush of blood in him, he sometimes cant assess the situation he's in and his positional sense can be suspect. I'd be fine if he never played for us again. I wouldn't be too upset if he was a bit part player either though, but IMO he has to improve foolish mistakes and be more solid in defending.

On a plus side he's fast and hardworking, I wouldn't be against him and Origi coming on at 70+ minutes in advanced positions to add pace and energy to the press against a tiring backline for example. He has his uses but IMO he's a liability at the back, he's too unpredictable and thats not a good trait for a defender. Good teams will exploit that but for 40/50% of games we'll get away with it if he starts.

Yeah no problem with him doing this at the other end of the pitch! :pac:

32F2C08400000578-0-image-a-78_1460062661735.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Moreno could play in a 4 man midfield.
    He's a great player, but not a great leftback

He is in his hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He's not for me. Absolute shocking in the Europe final.

Can Klopp instill some discipline and maturity in him? Maybe. It won't be an easy transition to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Looks like Sakho won't be finding much sympathy on home soil either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3808344/We-don-t-s-t-not-circus-Christophe-Dugarry-Emmanuel-Petit-blast-Liverpool-rebel-Mamadou-Sakho-outburst.html

I'm a fan of Sakho's but this is a battle that he will never win. He needs to get his head sorted and get with the Klopp program if he wants to remain a "scouse soldier" :rolleyes:

He made the decision to not go on loan to get himself match fit and remain to fight for his place. He has not played a competitive game since last April so even with Lovren pulling out last weekend Klavan was always going to start.

He may have been pissed that he wasn't selected for the bench but Lucas gives the option of a midfield and a CB substitution.

Klavan has done nothing to show he should be dislodged at the minute, especially for Sakho.

I've great time for sakho and love his passion for the club and team but he had acted such an idiot on this it begs belief. The doping scandal, his behaviour on tour and then being publicly told he won't play again this season and refuses a loan/transfer and then complains via social media is just so stupid of him. Impossible to find any way of supporting him on this one. If he dosent end up on loan in Italy come January I'll be amazed.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seems like getting out of the team was the best thing to happen to Moreno's career, people's opinion of him is already on the rise.

I'm glad he's rarely featuring anyway, lad has no brain.

Klopp has replaced him at left back with a lad who's been a right sided midfielder all his career. That says it all. Klopp will say nice things about him but he knows he's a liability. Otherwise he wouldn't be sitting on the bench. For now he's needed as we are short on full-backs but I don't think he has a long term future at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

No point on working too hard on Moreno when he's going to be replaced by Hector or Rodriquez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dickerty wrote: »
    No point on working too hard on Moreno when he's going to be replaced by Hector or Rodriquez!

I thought we were buying Rues in January for left back :confused:

klose wrote: »
    I've great time for sakho and love his passion for the club and team but he had acted such an idiot on this it begs belief. The doping scandal, his behaviour on tour and then being publicly told he won't play again this season and refuses a loan/transfer and then complains via social media is just so stupid of him. Impossible to find any way of supporting him on this one. If he dosent end up on loan in Italy come January I'll be amazed.!

Yeah I can only assume his ego was in the way of going to the likes of Stoke, Sunderland or West Brom. Saying that though seeing the start of the season Stoke and Sunderland have had it was probably right for him not to go there.

He won't be re-signed by PSG and he's not going to break in to the top 3 in Spain.

I think you're right with Italy being his next destination unless he cashes in his footballing chips early and heads off to China!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Sakho has done very little on the pitch bar a few good performances, his off field persona is more annoying than inspiring, won't be sad to see him gone tbh, Ya need a level head back there something I always thought Mama will never possess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Grayditch wrote: »
    Can Klopp instill some discipline and maturity in him? Maybe. It won't be an easy transition to watch.
    Which is perhaps why Klopp is managing him through that transition off the 1st team stage??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Its insane how much can change in 1 year.

Xp2BByR.png

I remember being so relieved when we beat Aston Villa and ended our 1-1 streak...

Umaro wrote: »
    Its insane how much can change in 1 year.

Xp2BByR.png

I remember being so relieved when we beat Aston Villa and ended our 1-1 streak...

:pac:

It's amazing how much can change on a week to week basis, I'm sure everyone was dejected after the Burnley loss, lamenting how we signed poorly in the window, how the team lacked guile etc etc now people are thinking that we can win the league and no doubt if Swansea turn us over at the weekend we'll be back in the doldrums, that's football.

• Advertisement

It's amazing how much can change on a week to week basis, I'm sure everyone was dejected after the Burnley loss, lamenting how we signed poorly in the window, how the team lacked guile etc etc now people are thinking that we can win the league and no doubt if Swansea turn us over at the weekend we'll be back in the doldrums, that's football.

Would you be partial to these opinion shifts, or is it just an observation about the thread?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Would you be partial to these opinion shifts, or is it just an observation about the thread?

I'd like to think I was rational and was able to remain calm and composed and think about the long term but I'd be lying, yes I was disconsolate after Burnley and Spurs! Now I wouldn't say the league is ours or anything but of course the positivity is there at the minute. I will say I have a bad feeling about this Swansea game though...

Already in the doldrums with the acceptance of being smashed by Swansea. Some random Swansea player is going to score goal of the month against us as we have 91.2% possession but still can't score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    The whole Moreno has no brain thing really p*sses me off. He's had tons of good games for the club. He lacks concentration but that doesn't mean he's stupid, which is what "he has no brain" implies.

And to say he's done nothing to show he could potentially be a success at the club is to be very short sighed and sensationalist. Doesn't mean he doesn't need to improve a ton to be a first choice reliable option for us but he clearly has talent and has displayed it plenty of times.

I don't know why you've chosen Moreno as your hill to die on. This isn't personal, but he most definitely does not have the positional sense / anticipation / decision making of a player with a good 'football brain'. He has showy flashy qualities. He's an excellent athlete. He has a good left boot. He throws himself at things. But he's also supposed to be a left back. And the mundane yet important aspects of being a reliable top level defender are where he falls down.

Ultimately he's just a player. Piece of meat. Pack 'em, stack 'em, rack 'em. If he ain't good enough, ship on and bring in someone else. The emotional attachment demonstrated in your posts is bizarre.

I'd like to think I was rational and was able to remain calm and composed and think about the long term but I'd be lying, yes I was disconsolate after Burnley and Spurs! Now I wouldn't say the league is ours or anything but of course the positivity is there at the minute. I will say I have a bad feeling about this Swansea game though...

We're only 6 games in. But we've already played 4 of the teams Swansea have played. We beat the teams they couldn't, except Burnley, which we lost and they won. Where am I going with this? Can't remember. Gonna say 1-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ian Ayre heading to 1860 Munich next season?

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/780789674801524737

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ian Ayre will be taking over as CEO of 1860 Munich next summer - they are languishing in Bundesliga 2 right now but they do play at the Allianz Arena. Did Ian get confused? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Delighted Ayre is going, the season just gets better and better.

Any particular reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Not a fan of Nivea for men?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Probably an easier job, the Liverpool job is 24/7 I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Really looking forward to MNF later tonight, I hear Klopp is on it. Gonna be a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just in case anyone missed it :p (I'm only watching it now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ian Ayre heading to 1860 Munich next season?

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/780789674801524737

Must fancy driving his Harley on the Autobahn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sakho has done very little on the pitch bar a few good performances, his off field persona is more annoying than inspiring, won't be sad to see him gone tbh, Ya need a level head back there something I always thought Mama will never possess.
    Yeah it's really annoying how he has helped charities & praised,appreciated fans.:rolleyes:

Klopp on TNF now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ayre all in all has done a pretty decent job imo. We could do better, but we could do a lot worse. He's been behind a lot of the changes bringing LFC out of the dark ages, actually using the full potential of the club.

The stick he's always beaten with is the transfers falling apart thing, but even that looks somewhat different now. When we moved for realistic targets that the manager actually wanted, he got the job done.

Also there was something very nice about having an actual Liverpudlian born and raised in charge. An actual connection to, and knowledge of, the city.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I thought we were buying Rues in January for left back :confused:

It's kinda funny that we joked about having an attacking midfielder at left back - and now that's exactly what we have.

And with Milner doing as well as he's doing back there - just imagine how great Reus will be! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ayre all in all has done a pretty decent job imo. We could do better, but we could do a lot worse. He's been behind a lot of the changes bringing LFC out of the dark ages, actually using the full potential of the club.

The stick he's always beaten with is the transfers falling apart thing, but even that looks somewhat different now. When we moved for realistic targets that the manager actually wanted, he got the job done.

Also there was something very nice about having an actual Liverpudlian born and raised in charge. An actual connection to, and knowledge of, the city.

Not at all. David Moores sold us down the ****ing river and he was a Red through and through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

MD1990 wrote: »
    Yeah it's really annoying how he has helped charities & praised,appreciated fans.:rolleyes:

Fair play to him on the charity work, players are generally praising of fans, I was more referring to him acting the clown.

I fear Alot of people find his personality endearing and are then willing to overlook his glaring inadequacies. As they really want him to succeed.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It was announced months ago that he was leaving at the end of this season.

mosstin wrote: »
    Not at all. David Moores sold us down the ****ing river and he was a Red through and through.

He was owner, never CEO, never actually running the club. Very important distinction.

More than that though, Moores did actually have the clubs best interests at heart, it just went horribly wrong with H&G didn't meet any of the promises they made. "Shovel in the ground in 60 days" etc etc.

That was the main reason he sold to them, as he knew he couldn't have funded the club moving to the next level.

But also, so what? Obviously there are tonnes of Liverpudlians not at all suited to running the club - but having one that was is, to me, preferable to having an outsider of similar ability. It's a very nice extra factor for very obvious reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Adam lallana - the only goalscorer for england under Allardyce.

Pub question for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He was owner, never CEO, never actually running the club. Very important distinction.

More than that though, Moores did actually have the clubs best interests at heart, it just went horribly wrong with H&G didn't meet any of the promises they made. "Shovel in the ground in 60 days" etc etc.

That was the main reason he sold to them, as he knew he couldn't have funded the club moving to the next level.

But also, so what? Obviously there are tonnes of Liverpudlians not at all suited to running the club - but having one that was is, to me, preferable to having an outsider of similar ability. It's a very nice extra factor for very obvious reasons.

You make the most catastrophic business decision in the club's history sound like a quirk of fate. Moores ultimately sold to the highest bidder. Regardless of what H & G promised Moores had been in business long enough to take greater care selling what was his boyhood club.
    So, no, give me a Martin Broughton any day over the local.

Moores' decision was no doubt well intentioned but it did go horribly wrong, that doesn't take away from the nice Ayre being a local lad sentiment though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

NukaCola wrote: »
    Any particular reason?
    Oktoberfest!

oktoberfest.jpg

YZ4T2hK.jpg

Its all about that Net!!
    Discounting "sprints per game" Its all fairly impressive....

How we fixed on points?

Augeo wrote: »
    How we fixed on points?

Wahey!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoD2GCdZrLxPNE7mgVN5IGk_fAlVbdK47GQBFIXE3lrVH2mKUrIA

Sorry, thought you said how are we fixed for pints?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement