Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Aresnal's max season ticket price is £2039
    Spurs max season ticket price is £1895
    Man City's max season ticket price is £1750
    Chelsea's max season ticket price is £1250
    United's max season ticket price is £950
    Bournemouth's max season ticket price is £950
    West Ham's max season ticket price is £899

Liverpool's max season ticket price is £869

Match day ticket prices (most expensive)

Arsenal £97
    Burnley £40
    Bournemouth £32 (lowest price, can't find a max)
    Chelsea £75
    Crystal Palace £30
    Everton £49
    Hull £33
    Liverpool £59
    Leicester £48 (for cat B, can't find a cat A price)
    Man City £58
    Man Utd £53
    Middlesboro £39
    Sunderland £40
    Stoke £35
    Swansea £45
    Tottenham £81
    Watford £36
    West Brom £39
    West Ham £70

What FSG would see in these figures is that there is scope there against teams that are considered our rivals, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

Man City were given a free stadium so there prices are not as excessive and United had their Stadium expanded in the 90's and now paid for so there ticket prices are not excessive yet both are around the same price as ours.

These prices are the top end, you can get tickets in the 30 pound bracket for these teams too. Football isn't about 11 versus 11 anymore. It's a global product and if you don't keep pace financially you get left behind like Liverpool in the 90's under Moores. It took him about 15 years to realise he couldn't keep up and we suffered for it. You can argue that we've lined up other revenue streams with sponsorships but so have our rivals.

The average industrial wage in England is £517 a week. You can buy a match day ticket for Liverpool on the Kop for £37. Even if you pay the full whack of £59 for the main stand it's not that bad.

You cant compare Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal to Liverpool's ticket prices, London will always have a premium.

The tickets prices are already high enough, I don't agree with any increases. Reality is match day revenue is small compared to other streams, getting the club consistently competing in the CL should be the real financial goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Saw this on a Liverpool page on Facebook, pinch of salt required obviously :

6MfjGhq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

x43r0 wrote: »
    Improved transport links to the stadium are badly needed IMO
    The argument made by the club in the past is that it is the responsibility of the council and Merseytravel to provide the services. For the past 20 years, the council were pushing for the club to partially fund the development of transport links.

A couple of years ago Merseytravel announced a 30 year plan for the redevelopment of the rail infrastructure. Part of the proposal includes the creation of some new stations including one for Anfield.

Merseytravel plan to open or reopen host of new stations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fieldog wrote: »
    Saw this on a Liverpool page on Facebook, pinch of salt required obviously :

List of sly feckers

I'd be shocked if Pardew, Pulis and Redknapp weren't on that list, the rest I didn't expect but as you said, pinch of salt at this stage.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if Pardew, Pulis and Redknapp weren't on that list, the rest I didn't expect but as you said, pinch of salt at this stage.

That's why I put pinch of salt on it, could be just LFC fan hearsay, gonna be an interesting few weeks in the PL.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

West Ham £70
    Cheeky feckers - the 60,000 seat stadium is costing them £2.5M a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Aresnal's max season ticket price is £2039
    Spurs max season ticket price is £1895
    Man City's max season ticket price is £1750
    Chelsea's max season ticket price is £1250
    United's max season ticket price is £950
    Bournemouth's max season ticket price is £950

Liverpool's max season ticket price is £869

Arsenal £97
    Burnley £40
    Bournemouth £32 (lowest price, can't find a max)
    Chelsea £75
    Crystal Palace £30
    Everton £49
    Hull £33
    Liverpool £59
    Leicester £48 (for cat B, can't find a cat A price)
    Man City £58
    Man Utd £53
    Middlesboro £39
    Sunderland £40
    Stoke £35
    Swansea £45
    Tottenham £81
    Watford £36
    West Brom £39
    West Ham £70

What FSG would see in these figures is that there is scope there against teams that are considered our rivals, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

Man City were given a free stadium so there prices are not as excessive and United had their Stadium expanded in the 90's and now paid for so there ticket prices are not excessive yet both are around the same price as ours.

These prices are the top end, you can get tickets in the 30 pound bracket for these teams too. Football isn't about 11 versus 11 anymore. It's a global product and if you don't keep pace financially you get left behind like Liverpool in the 90's under Moores. It took him about 15 years to realise he couldn't keep up and we suffered for it. You can argue that we've lined up other revenue streams with sponsorships but so have our rivals.

The average industrial wage in England is £517 a week. You can buy a match day ticket for Liverpool on the Kop for £37. Even if you pay the full whack of £59 for the main stand it's not that bad.

There is no great justification or need to increase ticket prices at a greater rate than inflation.
    With Klopp as our manager it is obvious we are not looking to "buy" our way to success, so our need for greater match-day ticket revenue is nullified.

We are increasing our off-field revenues considerably already, and this extra revenue will easily cover additional transfer fee or wages spending in our current modus operandi (ie Klopp buying lesser know talent and developing it instead of buying just finished articles).

I was going to suggest that increasing match day ticket prices may result in less atmosphere on match days, with local vocal fans being priced out over time and replaced with day trippers... But lets face it, Anfield has been a morgue for a long time even with low ticket prices.

I would be surprised if FSG's additonal match day income from 10000 additional seats would not cover the Stadium Loan amount over 10 years or so.

• Advertisement

Ticket prices are high enough.

Unfair to keep bleeding the match going fan. Stick a sponsor on the new stand for a few years to pay it off if needs be.

And maybe stop pissing money away on wasters, eg Ballotelli and then moving them on for peanuts. Granted, this summer was better in that regard. Down to having a proper manager tbf and not a spoofer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fieldog wrote: »
    6MfjGhq.jpg
    That list looked kind of plausible, until it got down to Harry Redknapp. There surely isn't a man in football management who isn't as beyond repute as the respected Harry Redknapp :cool:

That list looked kind of plausible, until it got down to Harry Redknapp. There surely isn't a man in football management who isn't as beyond repute as the respected Harry Redknapp :cool:

Poor 'Arry....

Nah I think it's BS, hopefully Jose and AF are involved though, lol....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Zero chance that list is real. It reads exactly like a list of "Mangers that would be most hilarious to Liverpool fans to be on the list".

If that turns out to be true, I'd nearly be inclined to stand naked in front of the GPO. I'm not daft enough to actually say I would, but it'd be a pretty safe bet.

David Moyes? The man is afraid of his own shadow, no way would he risk it. BS list

Definitely confirmed to be a piss take, asked the lad for the source and it looked like Waterford Whispers, lol...

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Zero chance that list is real. It reads exactly like a list of "Mangers that would be most hilarious to Liverpool fans to be on the list".

If that turns out to be true, I'd nearly be inclined to stand naked in front of the GPO. I'm not daft enough to actually say I would, but it'd be a pretty safe bet.

I'd say a few Sunderland supporters would be hoping that list is true also though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

x43r0 wrote: »
    Improved transport links to the stadium are badly needed IMO

Cabs/Buses are your only options back into the city after a game and they are very hit and miss. Most times I just make the half hour walk into town

I used the new match day bus service from lime street on Saturday, a good addition. Took awhile to get away from the ground with traffic after the match but thats to be expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Highlights of the U23s game...

https://vid.me/nmTG

Good to see Sakho looking as akward as ever:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Talisman wrote: »
    West Ham's max season ticket price is 899

West Ham 70
    Cheeky feckers - the 60,000 seat stadium is costing them 2.5M a year.

That's not the worst of it, 70 is actually a reduction, it was 85 last season probably due to the last season at Upton Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

garra wrote: »
    Aresnal's max season ticket price is 2039
    Spurs max season ticket price is 1895
    Man City's max season ticket price is 1750
    Chelsea's max season ticket price is 1250
    United's max season ticket price is 950
    Bournemouth's max season ticket price is 950
    West Ham's max season ticket price is 899

Liverpool's max season ticket price is 869

Arsenal 97
    Burnley 40
    Bournemouth 32 (lowest price, can't find a max)
    Chelsea 75
    Crystal Palace 30
    Everton 49
    Hull 33
    Liverpool 59
    Leicester 48 (for cat B, can't find a cat A price)
    Man City 58
    Man Utd 53
    Middlesboro 39
    Sunderland 40
    Stoke 35
    Swansea 45
    Tottenham 81
    Watford 36
    West Brom 39
    West Ham 70

The average industrial wage in England is 517 a week. You can buy a match day ticket for Liverpool on the Kop for 37. Even if you pay the full whack of 59 for the main stand it's not that bad.

There is no great justification or need to increase ticket prices at a greater rate than inflation.
    With Klopp as our manager it is obvious we are not looking to "buy" our way to success, so our need for greater match-day ticket revenue is nullified.

We are increasing our off-field revenues considerably already, and this extra revenue will easily cover additional transfer fee or wages spending in our current modus operandi (ie Klopp buying lesser know talent and developing it instead of buying just finished articles).

I was going to suggest that increasing match day ticket prices may result in less atmosphere on match days, with local vocal fans being priced out over time and replaced with day trippers... But lets face it, Anfield has been a morgue for a long time even with low ticket prices.

I would be surprised if FSG's additonal match day income from 10000 additional seats would not cover the Stadium Loan amount over 10 years or so.

Local fans replaced by day trippers?

Day trippers, you mean the people from Ireland, Norway, Denmark, Germany, etc. who save and save for the chance to see the team they've supported from afar go to Liverpool and put money into the local economy, staying in hotels, going to restaurants, pubs, etc. Go to the stadium and do the tour, buy the merchandise. The people who pump their money into the clubs revenue streams apart from the match day ticket.
    To dismiss any Liverpool supporter who doesn't live in Liverpool as a day tripper is insulting and arrogant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Day trippers, you mean the people from Ireland, Norway, Denmark, Germany, etc. who save and save for the chance to see the team they've supported from afar go to Liverpool and put money into the local economy, staying in hotels, going to restaurants, pubs, etc. Go to the stadium and do the tour, buy the merchandise. The people who pump their money into the clubs revenue streams apart from the match day ticket.
    To dismiss any Liverpool supporter who doesn't live in Liverpool as a day tripper is insulting and arrogant.

Couldn't agree more.

You see this sh1t on the likes of RAWK and I've had it said to me when I've been over at games.

I used to get tickets off a guy in Liverpool who would only go to the bigger games. He would never spend a penny in the ground or shop and would bitch about the out of towners while charging me almost double the face value for a ticket to see us play Bolton or Derby.

A lot of Liverpudlians have a major chip on their shoulders about this stuff. Except when it comes to lining their own pockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Highlights of the U23s game...

https://vid.me/nmTG

Good to see Sakho looking as akward as ever:)

Admittedly the highlights seem to be heavily skewed towards LFC, but we looked like we were worth the win there on another day. So many great chances created that just weren't taken.

I'd be a day tripper myself, but there is no doubt that too much dilution of fan base on a match day can impact atmosphere, along with other factors like size of stadium etc. By all means pump your money into the club as I do, and less of the outrage ol bean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I would have thought, in general, people who can only make it over for one game a year would shout just as loud as a local who is there every week.

Certainly wouldn't diss the day tripping fans being one myself.

The lads with cameras and not getting involved in singing are the ****ers I can't stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Grayditch wrote: »
    I would have thought, in general, people who can only make it over for one game a year would shout just as loud as a local who is there every week.

Exactly...in my experience it's always come down the area of the stadium I get tickets for... Seems to me like any day tripper in the Kop sings just as loud as the rest, while the silence of the main stand isn't down to out of towners, it's down to nobody there singing regardless where they're from. You get the occasional blast that began in the Kop and makes its way around the stadium, but that's about all (aside from certain special nights obviously).

I don't know how you remedy the quieter sections of the stadium, but I'm not sure that more locals is actually the answer.

As mentioned above, there is definitely an issue with some tourists just coming to see a game because they're around, just taking pictures and spending half their time on their phone, rather than actually being interested in the club and getting involved. But I think for the most part they're the minority of the minority.

Regarding the atmosphere. A noticeable difference in the Leicester game, only one I made so far.

Optimistim around the place and exciting football too. 4 goals helped!

Only just over 36 hours until the next game!

Grayditch wrote: »

The atmosphere is just more fervent when everyone is on the same wavelength, think of Leicester, Dortmund compared to Old Trafford / Emirates for example. Anyway tis not a concern while Klopp is our manager and the team are firing.

Only just over 36 hours until the next game!

vky3X_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=search&f=.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    vky3X_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=search&f=.gif

Next season's kit leaked already?

Don't know about the choice of blue for the away kit, controversial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Regarding the atmosphere. A noticeable difference in the Leicester game, only one I made so far.

Optimistim around the place and exciting football too. 4 goals helped!

Was at the match and wouldn't say the atmosphere was great at all. Sure, the fact that we scored 4 goals made it an enjoyable experience but, the goals apart, the atmosphere was surprisingly and disappointingly - given that it was the first day of the new stand and Klopp's appeals to get behind the team - muted.
    It's been this way for a long time now at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Certainly wouldn't diss the day tripping fans being one myself.

The lads with cameras and not getting involved in singing are the ****ers I can't stand.

Clubs are less and less interested in the 'average Joe', thats just the honest truth of it.

This is because, in my opinion, there are far more, what i would call, middle class people in the UK going to games because the prices dont affect them. Working class people have been driven to the margins at the bigger clubs in many respects. I know this is a very biased viewpoint and its just my opinion, but more affluent 'sorts' would make up a lot of the people you describe.

Perhaps our club isnt as affected by this in comparison to others, as can be seen with Henry's comments over ticket price protests/Anfield Road etc. If they were honest they would say we arent interested in the 'pints and pies' crowd, we are looking for the 'Grande, Iced, Sugar-Free, Vanilla Latte With Soy Milk' crowd*. We are prepared to stand our ground, we arent prepared to pay 8 quid for a plastic hot dog or whatever price it is down the Arsenal.

*No offence to anyone intended and yes, i realise my comments may be ignorant. Been a long day.

Ye get the gist of my point though.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Clubs are less and less interested in the 'average Joe', thats just the honest truth of it.

This is because, in my opinion, there are far more, what i would call, middle class people in the UK going to games because the prices dont affect them. Working class people have been driven to the margins at the bigger clubs in many respects. I know this is a very biased viewpoint and its just my opinion, but more affluent 'sorts' would make up a lot of the people you describe.

Perhaps our club isnt as affected by this in comparison to others, as can be seen with Henry's comments over ticket price protests/Anfield Road etc. If they were honest they would say we arent interested in the 'pints and pies' crowd, we are looking for the 'Grande, Iced, Sugar-Free, Vanilla Latte With Soy Milk' crowd*. We are prepared to stand our ground, we arent prepared to pay 8 quid for a plastic hot dog or whatever price it is down the Arsenal.

*No offence to anyone intended and yes, i realise my comments may be ignorant. Been a long day.

Ye get the gist of my point though.

It's an age thing too though. A group of lads in their 20s for instance are more likely to start up a chant than, say, some lads in their 40s/50s who may well have kids with them.
    Younger fans have been completely priced out of football and it's such a shame and it'll be one more negative legacy of the PL era.
    At 70 euro a pop, in recent years, for the first time in 20 years I've debated whether going over as I do is worth it financially.
    Match going, match rituals such as singing etc have died off and much of it can be directly linked to the increased cost of everything football related.

Sturridge's new goal celebration routine.
    Bobby Firmino in the background there lending a hand.

mosstin wrote: »
    Sturridge's new goal celebration routine.
    Bobby Firmino in the background there lending a hand.

He'd want to be careful he doesn't pull a muscle!

Mourinho started his moaning early regarding our upcoming fixture.

Dry your tears, you've one of the most expensive squads ever assembled.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united/jose-mourinho-questions-liverpool-match-date-as-manchester-united-fixtures-pile-up-35091824.html

Mon, Thurs, Sun is a tough enough fixture week. Most managers would be mentioning it.

Augeo wrote: »
    Mon, Thurs, Sun is a tough enough fixture week. Most managers would be mentioning it.

Not much different to what you would do if involved in European competition every season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Paul scholes has declared us title contenders ;)

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united/jose-mourinho-questions-liverpool-match-date-as-manchester-united-fixtures-pile-up-35091824.html

Mourinho moaning? I can't believe it! :pac:

But seriously the tie with Liverpool wont have a great effect on things as its just after the international break, but to be absolutely fair, they have 3 tough games in 7 days so at least its a bit justified. However, as you said, they have a huge expensive squad so I wont be crying for them any time soon.

J Mysterio wrote: »

He also predicted Mourinho would bring entertaining football to United......so.......theres that......

J Mysterio wrote: »

That's us ****ed then!

Relegation battle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It's nailed on that mikataryan will have his best game for utd ever against us in that game.. disappear then afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Augeo wrote: »

Liverpool had to do Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, last season at one stage not a peep from the manager

• Advertisement

He's just creating that bull**** he does at every club.

The siege mentality, the FA is against us, the referees are against us, the premier league are against us. He will do anything to accept blame for anything that goes on.

I'm quietly confident we will beat them in 2 weeks time, bar the Leicester game they have looked very poor and will really struggle with the pace and movement of our forwards.

Way too much positivity around. Probably a nailed on defeat tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

So have Liverpool, that's inflation for you.

Way too much positivity around. Probably a nailed on defeat tomorrow.

Probably but I'll enjoy it while its there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Swansea is the exact type of game we have tripped up in over the last few seasons. I think it's one win in five at the Liberty Stadium - pretty bad return.
    They've only got 4 points and I think bought and sold really badly in the summer, but they managed to give City a decent scare last week for about an hour so we will have our work cut out for us.
    Hopefully we get can put down a marker early on and push on from there.
    It'd be a real sickener to lose just before the international break - stewing on a defeat for a fortnight then!!
    Get three points and we are in a good position, with either Spurs or City (or both!) going to drop points as they play eachother.
    I'd love to get a clean sheet. It doesn't happen very often!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement