Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

Liverpool had to do Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, last season at one stage not a peep from the manager

I did say most ;)

I do remember Klopp being a tad surprised at the way the games can come thick and fast at times....
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3392945/Us-Germans-reckon-mad-Liverpool-boss-Jurgen-Klopp-s-pop-fixture-mayhem.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I'd love to get a clean sheet. It doesn't happen very often!

29728224230_4cd784432f_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mosstin wrote: »
    It's an age thing too though. A group of lads in their 20s for instance are more likely to start up a chant than, say, some lads in their 40s/50s who may well have kids with them.
    Younger fans have been completely priced out of football and it's such a shame and it'll be one more negative legacy of the PL era.
    At 70 euro a pop, in recent years, for the first time in 20 years I've debated whether going over as I do is worth it financially.
    Match going, match rituals such as singing etc have died off and much of it can be directly linked to the increased cost of everything football related.

I've only been to Anfield once and my Dad got us tickets for my 18th.

It was 10 years ago now 10/9/06. Between work, family and money I haven't been able to get over again but over the next few years I hope to put that right.

I'm aiming to try get to 2 or 3 matches a year from next season so here's hoping everything goes to plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Swansea is the exact type of game we have tripped up in over the last few seasons. I think it's one win in five at the Liberty Stadium - pretty bad return.
    They've only got 4 points and I think bought and sold really badly in the summer, but they managed to give City a decent scare last week for about an hour so we will have our work cut out for us.
    Hopefully we get can put down a marker early on and push on from there.
    It'd be a real sickener to lose just before the international break - stewing on a defeat for a fortnight then!!
    Get three points and we are in a good position, with either Spurs or City (or both!) going to drop points as they play eachother.
    I'd love to get a clean sheet. It doesn't happen very often!

Enough of that shoite! Was supposed to happen against Hull too but we blew them away. It's old hat. We're going to smash the bollocks off Swansea. 1-4 Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Enough of that shoite! Was supposed to happen against Hull too but we blew them away. It's old hat. We're going to smash the bollocks off Swansea. 1-4 Liverpool.

Hull was at home, our achilles heel last season seemed to be away to middling to poor opposition, Watford, Newcastle among others, games were you just knew about 5 minutes in it was going to be one of those days. Burnley have already done us this season. I hope that we will have sorted that out this season but I'd feel more comfortable if we were playing a good team as opposed to Swansea, so I can definitely see where trepidation is coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Always there's a banana skin of a game but Swansea aren't quite the team they have been in the last few years imo. Should be a fairly comfortable Liverpool win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Going to the palace game the end of next month, I'll happily take another dodgy last minute penalty winner, while watching Pardew spontaneously combust with rage.

I'll be in the palace end too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

rob316 wrote: »
    Going to the palace game the end of next month, I'll happily take another dodgy last minute penalty winner, while watching Pardew spontaneously combust with rage.

I'll be in the palace end too :D

I was in the Palace end for that game last year! Sat with Adrian Mariappa's cousin and friend - both Liverpool fans, as is Adrian himself they said.

Great game ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Mourinho wrote:
    "So maybe we don't have the best conditions, especially because we play against two top Premier League games that don't play in European competitions.
    One of the clubs doesn't have European football thanks to his shenanigans last season!

Man%203.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Talisman wrote: »
    One of the clubs doesn't have European football thanks to his shenanigans last season!

Man%203.jpg

It was not his fault, it was the players,physio or the tea lady's fault. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

TAA in the England U19 sqaud, Ejaria in the U20 squad - I wonder if he'll stick with England as Nigeria were certainly interested at one point.

Engand U17s thrashing Croatia kids 0-5 Rhian Brewster with a hat-trick

I was in the Palace end for that game last year! Sat with Adrian Mariappa's cousin and friend - both Liverpool fans, as is Adrian himself they said.

Great game ;)

That was another one of those performances last season, admittedly they managed to scrape out a jammy win, hopefully it's a thing of the past, big test tomorrow, good indicator to see what we're made of, if we smash them then we're really in business imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What's the story with #BrokenDanielSturridge this weekend.

Delete delete delete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

TAA in the England U19 sqaud, Ejaria in the U20 squad - I wonder if he'll stick with England as Nigeria were certainly interested at one point.

Engand U17s thrashing Croatia kids 0-5 Rhian Brewster with a hat-trick

Nigeria seem to be really trawling for players at the moment, were mad after Ibe too.

Really touch decision for a kid though. I guess a lot depends on how you grew up...were there annual summer trips back to Nigeria, or is it almost as alien to him as it would be for us?

On the other hand, the England team is such a tough nut to crack, as it often seems talent doesn't necessarily get you in. They have such a habit of sticking with most of the same guys for a whole generation, and if you're not in that cluster early on, there's only ever a few spots up for grabs. With Barkley, Delle Alli, and Dier all already fairly established squad members, midfield is a difficult one.

Those Irish/English lads had it nice and easy - a one hour flight, the same language, practically the same culture for the most part, and international football ahoy!

Delete delete delete.

I see what you did there buddy, I post, you swoop in about Sturridge, I'm onto you. ';)

#subtleasasledgehammer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Delete delete delete.
    Nothing on Physioroom anyway. Origi and Lovren late fitness tests, Gomez back 29th October and Ojo has no return date yet.

Nothing on Physioroom anyway. Origi and Lovren late fitness tests, Gomez back 29th October and Ojo has no return date yet.

As long as the Main Man Firmino is ready to go that should do :D

Away to Swansea is a Sturridge game if he's fit alright I reckon though. Conceding a lot of goals, lost their best defender over the summer. They're at home so need to push forward at least to some extent. If this isn't a game we use Sturridge in, then there isn't a game we use him in imo.

Finally just watched Harry's England/Croatia video - christ that kid from City, Jordan (another one?!) Sancho was unreal. Ridiculously quick feet. There's gonna be a few bargains at City in the coming seasons i'd say, as they'll have Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Gabi Jesus, and Sancho all looking for games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Benteke scored a world class header there a few minutes ago, against Everton. :)

Great striker, just not for our system.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Away to Swansea is a Sturridge game if he's fit alright I reckon though. Conceding a lot of goals, lost their best defender over the summer. They're at home so need to push forward at least to some extent. If this isn't a game we use Sturridge in, then there isn't a game we use him in imo.

I think our best attacking trio is Coutinho/Firmino/Mane and that's what I hope we see tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

https://twitter.com/LeicsREDS/status/781938495631790080

Predicted lineup.
    They were right last week.

That's the strongest team we have so hopefully it's right and they are all fit and ready to rumble.

ElTel wrote: »

Predicted lineup.

I'd be fairly surprised if it was not that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Predicted lineup.

I could have told you that! Maybe I should set up an ITK account on twitter just stating the obvious stuff. Sure some people would think I'm a demi-god! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

mormank wrote: »
    I could have told you that! Maybe I should set up an ITK account on twitter just stating the obvious stuff. Sure some people would think I'm a demi-god! :D

They were right with Lovren last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd be fairly surprised if it was not that team.

I'd be fairly disappointed if that wasn't the team.

Everton and Palace just drew and a draw between City and Spurs would be nice. Assuming we win that is. You'd expect Utd to smash Stoke and Arsenal should beat Burnley...yep we've got must win games already :)

They were right with Lovren last week.

As were many other sources and sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

After thumping Hull 5-1 it's hard to argue against that.

I would like us to try, even if it doesn't work, dropping Wijnaldum for Sturridge, moving Lallana into midfield and just going ****ing ape**** on someone. It'd be nice to see. It certainly wouldn't work against everyone but there'd be so many threats you'd be sure to bang a few in.

Gbear wrote: »

I would like us to try, even if it doesn't work, dropping Wijnaldum for Sturridge, moving Lallana into midfield and just going ****ing ape**** on someone. It'd be nice to see. It certainly wouldn't work against everyone but there'd be so many threats you'd be sure to bang a few in.

Away to Swansea isn't the day to try something mad like that. Home to Hull might have been, but if he didn't do it then, he won't do it now. Lallana is sort of in midfield now as it is anyhow. We'd get overrun there at times if we made that change.

Are you Toby in disguise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would be hard to change a winning side, except for Lovern coming back. This will be a good test tomorrow, a test to see whether we have learned from the Burnley game. To go a goal down tomorrow in first 15 mins to a break away would suggest not. We can score that's for sure. We do have that option to keep it tight and win 0-1, we can score.

:Par wrote: »

Lallana has already been playing in a 3 man midfield in case you hadn't noticed. So dropping Gini for Sturridge would mean FIrminho dropping back to midfield, not Lallana who has been playing there all season. Watch a game, you might figure it out. :P

8-10 wrote: »

Ok the last thing I wanna do right now is get into a hypothetical argument with you about starting lineups. The point is, Lovren had an illness. I think we could all name the starting lineups at this stage apart from last minute things like illness or black eyes in training. That guy I replied to, not you, put out a lineup like it was gospel, a lineup that we all could have named. If anyone gets ill tomorrow however it will be incorrect just like my theoretical lineup would have been if there was an illness like lovren last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Lallana has already been playing in a 3 man midfield in case you hadn't noticed. So dropping Gini for Sturridge would mean FIrminho dropping back to midfield, not Lallana who has been playing there all season. Watch a game, you might figure it out. :P

In that case Coutinho would be more likely to drop back.

I think they're referring to going with more like a 4-2-3-1,

With Hendo and Lallana as the two, Coutinho, Firmino and Mane as the 3, and Sturridge as the 1.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think they're referring to going with more like a 4-2-3-1,

With Hendo and Lallana as the two, Coutinho, Firmino and Mane as the 3, and Sturridge as the 1.

I still think it would be unbalanced, especially in an away game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ok the last thing I wanna do right now is get into a hypothetical argument with you about starting lineups.

It's not hypothetical. You said many sources and sites also got the Lovren news right. I shared my results of a quick Google that don't show that so I'm asking for the non-hypothetical links where these sites predicted he'd be out?

If you're saying now that they would have had it right but for the illness then that's fine, it shows the twitter account was either in the know or lucky. But you didn't say that, you said other media also predicted him out and you were able to predict it yourself.

This isn't hypothetical, either the many other sites had the prediction that he'd be out the day before the game same as the twitter page as you suggested, or they didn't, meaning the twitter account was unusually right and we don't yet know if it's luck or in the know

5starpool wrote: »
    I still think it would be unbalanced, especially in an away game.

I didn't mean right now.

But some day. Just for madness' sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I didn't mean right now.

But some day. Just for madness' sake.

Let's play Sturridge in goal. Just for madness sake!

Stop getting complacent my friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Looking at the Liverpool bench today and finally I think we have a squad. There are genuinely good players on the bench. Very happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Looking at the Liverpool bench today and finally I think we have a squad. There are genuinely good players on the bench. Very happy with that.

I was thinking the same myself.

It's like a good squad sneaked into the club without us spotting it happening.

A 1-0 away win here and I would be quite happy.

8-10 wrote: »
    It's not hypothetical. You said many sources and sites also got the Lovren news right. I shared my results of a quick Google that don't show that so I'm asking for the non-hypothetical links where these sites predicted he'd be out?

If you're saying now that they would have had it right but for the illness then that's fine, it shows the twitter account was either in the know or lucky. But you didn't say that, you said other media also predicted him out and you were able to predict it yourself.

This isn't hypothetical, either the many other sites had the prediction that he'd be out the day before the game same as the twitter page as you suggested, or they didn't, meaning the twitter account was unusually right and we don't yet know if it's luck or in the know

No I didn't see the websites with the line ups predicted but if you get a bunch of monkeys in a room together with a bunch of type writers eventually they will produce the works of Shakespeare was kinda my point. People use a source on twitter cos they "got it right" last week. I'm saying I could start guessing line ups too on a twitter alias and, like the monkeys, I will "get it right" occasionally and then follow me as a demi-god as a result. And no I never said I culd have predicted Lovren's illness, I said I could have predicted todays lineup, which I could have along with half the people on this site. Why does this matter so much to you anyway? I don't wanna be rude and ignore you but my original post that you took issue with was a throwaway, cynical comment about twitter, I did not mean to be still discussing it the next day. Most (if not all) twitter ITK's are BS, simples. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Great :mad:

Borja was offside before that corner! :mad:

Chesty08 wrote: »

Let's play Sturridge in goal. Just for madness sake!

Stop getting complacent my friend

If a drunk man can't propose a 415 formation then we may as well just pack it in and go home.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

If a drunk man can't propose a 415 formation then we may as well just pack it in and go home.:p

Looks like the players have started like some fans attitude.

Will we ever get rid of it!!

Karius having a ****in shocker. Dropping Mignolet may have been a mistake.

This is a game for Can, a bit of steel

• Advertisement

Borja was offside before that corner! :mad:

And he was offside again for that header with no flag. This linesman better make terrible decisions in our favour in the ssecond half!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement