Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Karius having a ****in shocker. Dropping Mignolet may have been a mistake.

Lovren is all over the place!
    Bringing him in has been the worst decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Stop the presses we got a free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ref and Linesmen are just woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

This has been the worst game of officiating i've seen in years. Ludicrous decisions.

We've been poor enough but a LOT better the last 10-15 mins. No changes needed imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Standard Kloppball performance so far, I have mentioned a few times my concern about this type of match, I really don't want to be right, so ffs Liverpool get your sh1t together and show some bottle and win this match.

It's actually scary how similar this game is to other defeats last season, the early cheap set piece goal is the signature goal to concede, if it pans out as a normal defeat we will huff and puff for 15-20 mins in the 2nd half, then concede the 2nd and possibly a late third. Change the fcking script Liverpool please.

• Advertisement

Standard Kloppball performance so far, I have mentioned a few times my concern about this type of match, I really don't want to be right, so ffs Liverpool get your sh1t together and show some bottle and win this match.

It's actually scary how similar this game is to other defeats last season, the early cheap set piece goal is the signature goal to concede, if it pans out as a normal defeat we will huff and puff for 15-20 mins in the 2nd half, then concede the 2nd and possibly a late third. Change the fcking script Liverpool please.

People keep saying we struggle when teams pack the box but a) every team bar the best in the world struggle and b) Chelsea tried that and we beat them.

We won't win every single game of the season lads. Some days we'll under perform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Coutinho has done some nice bits this season but in the main he's hardly been involved in our play.
    It's been about moments rather than being our main playmaker like you'd expect.

He's getting on the ball a lot more now that he's central which is a good thing. Hasn't been super effective so far but I think us getting on the ball a bit more in general is partly down to that switch.

I think we're better in these circumstances with a CF on the pitch. It'd probably be Coutinho I would've left out but now it looks like it might be Lallana for a while.
    Replacing Coutinho with a striker is a tactical switch - neither is better or worse but you need to have the right set up for different games.
    But any 11 we have without Lallana in it is poorer.

We're great when we're on song and Leicester showed that it is possible to play to your potential nearly every game, but it's not likely and we play more expansive football which makes it harder still.
    You need a bunch of threats available so that you have enough dices to roll in these kinds of games. We have a fair few and we've still probably got more of a chance at winning the game than Swansea have but we will come unstuck in a few of these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    We won't win every single game of the season lads. Some days we'll under perform.

We know this! But when you have 2 losses in your first 7 games... Against Relegation strugglers Swansea & Burnley you know lessons aren't being learnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Sturridge has been so poor this season. He used to be our game changer. Keeps on dropping deep.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    We know this! But when you have 2 losses in your first 7 games... Against Relegation strugglers Swansea & Burnley you know lessons aren't being learnt.

We haven't lost yet...

better from us so far but still a bit mad at the back. We knew that tho. The pressing has been poor enough today, in the intelligence of it not the effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Sturridge has been so poor this season. He used to be our game changer. Keeps on dropping deep.

He just doesn't look happy anymore.

Firminho though :D

That is a f*cking HUGE win lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We have now great fight under Klopp weather it's going behind or conceding goals this team doesn't collapse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Great win.

Could have/should have conceded at the end there. Karius does not inspire confidence.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Wins don't get much more satisfying than that.

Massive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Delighted......Karius not the immediate upgrade I expected probably needs more game time if we are being fair.....Danny off the pace a bit, Coutinho fairly poor but overall we done very well to get back into it.

Massive 3 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Absolutely delighted with that. Really dug it out. You need wins like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

He was never a game changer, you're over-estimating him there, but yes he looks so out of tune with the rest of team at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

God it's good to go into an Intl break with a win.
    When you lose those games the subsequent fortnight feels bad.

Liverpool played very well, movement and passing again exceptional.
    Improvements can be found in defence & keeping of course.

Great win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

A great win. Dug in deep for the three points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

first half bad, second half good

yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Karius does not seem an upgrade on Mignolet. He seems very similar really, just better hair.

Massive win. Thought Sturridge played well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Yes!!! Liverpool you proved me wrong and I'm thrilled! Superb 2nd half! Maybe this team really does mean business. Get in.

darced wrote: »

He went through a purple patch last season and the expectations are unreasonably high imo.

He needs minutes/games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 points is all that matters. But origi does not look like the fella we saw last year. Putting lovren back in straight away was maybe not the best thing to do. Our upgrade at number 1 does not inspire confidence.
    We upped our game and got the win we needed. International break is never really good to us, no injuries please.

......Thought Sturridge played well.

Not well enough imo.
    Needs to start scoring at a fairly impressive rate or Klopp won't be playing him too much.

Augeo wrote: »
    He went through a purple patch last season and the expectations are unreasonably high imo.

He needs minutes/games.

Absolutely, young enough still too, however minutes will be an issue when Sturridge is not even starting. Ings too. A loan wouldn't be a crazy idea IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Karius does not seem an upgrade on Mignolet. He seems very similar really, just better hair.

It'll be fine, Acterberg's fantastic coaching will improve him no end, like it has half a dozen keepers before him, going back a number of years.

This must just be the way he was when he arrived from Germany, where he was held to be second only to Neuer, and nothing to do with the coaching regime he's been under since mid-Summer.

Be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Great win.

All the criticism of Karius is a bit bollocks when you consider a) his age b) how many league games he's played for us c)how long he's been and the club and most importantly d) his hair.

4 wins in a row......hasn't happened regularly enough, best under Klopp?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's great to show the capacity to get a win in a game like that.
    We didn't play well at all and Swansea were fairly resolute but we had enough lads just being dangerous to get the job done.

But you can see how we'll drop points in similar circumstances - maybe an injury to someone important or a bit less luck on the defensive side of things - like the open goal they missed at the end.

Thought Coutinho, Wijnaldum, Hendo and Milner had passable games.
    Coutinho wasn't great by his own standards but just doing his regular stuff on the ball in the middle of pitch was hugely important to our spell of pressure.
    I like him a lot more in that position and even if he's not firing on all cylinders I think he has a lot more impact there.

I'd probably have given Wijnaldum MOTM for us. Thought he was excellent.
    Really clever movement, good vision, linking. If those around him hadn't been so poor in the final third he could've had a big hand in 2 or 3 goals.

Clyne is just so utterly brutal in the final third. He's as good as they come in the league before he gets there but all he seems to show is new and creative ways to waste the ball.
    It's not a huge deal because himself and Mane make a good team but his own productivity is atrocious.

Sturridge wasn't great but service was so poor as to look like deliberate sabotage against him.

Mignolet must be feeling frustrated. Karius has been unambiguously poorer than him so far in pretty much every way.
    He's even worse with his feet and Mignolet's kickouts can barely clear the halfway line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

2.28571429 PPG.

Nice.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Great win.

All the criticism of Karius is a bit bollocks when you consider a) his age b) how many league games he's played for us c)how long he's been and the club and most importantly d) his hair.

Of course, I think expectations are a bit high due to being highly rated in Germany.....

• Advertisement

Love Milner's celebration :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Excellent win, let's hope the international break is enough time for Lallana to recover from whatever it was that forced him off.

We were staring a banana skin in the face at half time, massive turnaround

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

How often in the past have we gone behind and not been able to get a win. Brilliant turnaround in the 2nd half. Well done lads. Hopefully the run continues in 2 weeks.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Of course, I think expectations are a bit high due to being highly rated in Germany.....

And his being available has immediately seen Mignolet dropped. He has to justify that. Mignolet has also been fine this season.

I though Karius' judgement today was off - when to go for the ball and when not too. He looked shaky under the high ball and missed it a few times. Distribution was ok, not great.

NukaCola wrote: »

Best thing is to just leave him play all our games.
    We know Mig' isn't good enough, we need to find out is Karius any better.

Worst case scenario go keeper shopping in a year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Massive win. Thought Sturridge played well.

Far too early too call in only his second game.

Do you remember De Gea's start at Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That's the kind of results we need. Last year we'd have lost that 3-1

murpho999 wrote: »
    Far too early too call in only his second game.

Do you remember De Gea's start at Utd?

Yeah, we will see. I said he 'does not seem better than Mignolet' though, which he doesnt. Hopefully he improves, he needs to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lovren and lallana with groin injuries. Hopefully plenty of time to recover in the next forthnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good to see us get a win today, was a difficult match and a previous Liverpool side would have folded today.

We still need to improve our defence.

We're guaranteed to finish at least 4th at the end of this weekend which is good.

ricero wrote: »
    Lovren and lallana with groin injuries. Hopefully plenty of time to recover in the next forthnight

Hopefully a few more have some niggles that means they miss the International call ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

The kind of game we would have lost last year but dug in and got the result today, huge win. No worries about karius in the slightest, give him time I say.

And his being available has immediately seen Mignolet dropped. He has to justify that. Mignolet has also been fine this season.

I though Karius' judgement today was off - when to go for the ball and when not too. He looked shaky under the high ball and missed it a few times. Distribution was ok, not great.

I actually agree but as said, we know Mig is not good enough, Karius needs the time to prove he is, a few games is not enough IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Gbear wrote: »
    Coutinho wasn't great by his own standards but just doing his regular stuff on the ball in the middle of pitch was hugely important to our spell of pressure.
    I like him a lot more in that position and even if he's not firing on all cylinders I think he has a lot more impact there.
    Coutinho's standard is inconsistent - there is nothing new there.

:)

https://twitter.com/BoringMilner/status/782209717607272448
    I'm really happy I scored that penalty because if I didn't, we would have drawn that match. So it was a good job I did.

https://twitter.com/BoringMilner/status/782212298022723584
    I've now scored four penalties this season. I told Nathaniel Clyne and he said Oh right I didn't know that. I said well you do now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement