Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

If Benteke is sold (along with Lucas who is apparently off tomorrow in all likelihood) then that'll be 33-35 million quid to play with, it would be folly not to spend a decent part of that on a left back and maybe an ankle biter who we have never even heard of from east Europe.

Readers will be thrilled to learn I'll be doing a loan watch for the season - but as there is a game for one not until tomorrow (Lloyd Jones at Swindon) I'll update then :)

All good old Jay Spearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Best pre season player in the world.

Lies this is the best pre season player
    Andriy Voronin
    :pac::D

All good old Jay Spearing.

Last seen pointing furiously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

My German is really bad. Germans love to speak English but walking on campus all casual with my LFC T-shirt today did get me some proper cool looks from members of staff (at least I think so, maybe they pity me).

My experience is older Germans dont think its proper attire! It's for sport or youre a bit of a knacker! They may have been displeased!

That may be more the elderly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lucas - the last vestige of the Benitez reign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Watching football years on sky1 there and it's Rodgers first season. What a horrendous start that was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sissoko will shirley move before the wondow closes.
    If Lucas, Benteke and Balotelli are sold then he could be a great addiction.

Feck that!

I dont see how we need another midfielder anyhow. We need another LB and RB.

I can see us not bothering with a striker. Left back definitely needs looking at.

klose wrote: »
    Watching football years on sky1 there and it's Rodgers first season. What a horrendous start that was!

Watching it now. "Raheem Sterling became the second youngest player to score for Liverpool, after Michael Owen". The little dope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

J Mysterio wrote: »
    My German is really bad. Germans love to speak English but walking on campus all casual with my LFC T-shirt today did get me some proper cool looks from members of staff (at least I think so, maybe they pity me).

My experience is older Germans dont think its proper attire! It's for sport or youre a bit of a knacker! They may have been displeased!

That may be more the elderly though.

Agreed but it's all very casual on campus when it's vacation time. Also it's Cologne as well where they seem to care even less about these things...Frankfurt on the other hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

We have had enough drug bans

LB loan deal would be good?
    What LB is not getting a game because a superstar LB plays week in week out. Can imagine there are quite a few at big clubs in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lucas - the last vestige of the Benitez reign.

Should really be getting a testimonial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He can have one next year.

Liverpool's first home game will be against Leicester City on Sept 10th, a teatime KO.

If the side get a home tie in the 2nd round of the League Cup then the away side shall host it and be compensated as appropriate.

If Benteke is sold (along with Lucas who is apparently off tomorrow in all likelihood) then that'll be 33-35 million quid to play with, it would be folly not to spend a decent part of that on a left back and maybe an ankle biter who we have never even heard of from east Europe.

Readers will be thrilled to learn I'll be doing a loan watch for the season - but as there is a game for one not until tomorrow (Lloyd Jones at Swindon) I'll update then :)

Your loan watch reports are the only reason I still follow this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Oh stop it! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

klose wrote: »

Have it on too.

Suarez second goal of his hat trick against Norwich just epitomised what his game was about.

Enrique with the legendary pass for Suarez to level against Newcastle .

No sign of Borinis movement yet and still in the bottom half of the table in December.

Jordan Amavi got injured after a move to Villa. Played no part in their relegation. He was suppose to be a great left back. Is he fit again.
    Could be a cheap option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Your loan watch reports are the only reason I still follow this thread.

Yeh, I love it too! I like to keep up with the youth teams and loans, and this season more than most with quality players like Brannagan, Kent and Ward (even Flanno).

• Advertisement

Jordan Amavi got injured after a move to Villa. Played no part in their relegation. He was suppose to be a great left back. Is he fit again.
    Could be a cheap option.

He's been mentioned a lot. Not sure we ever showed an interest, and not sure he's enough of an upgrade on Moreno. Would rather we went for a real upgrade.

Klopp suggested that we are definitely not done, and with Milner's injury and Flanno's loan, I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who could cover both FBs, like Clyne can...

Do people reckon grujic is an upgrade on Lucas on current ability/development?

I never thought Lucas was good enough for where we want to be but there was bi annual uproar in here at Lucas leaving rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Augeo wrote: »

Grujic is a quite different player, but 1000% yes, an improvement. He has the ability to form a really good partnership with Can, or even a trio with Wijnaldum or Hendo. Very skillful for a big man, has already shown he can finish, and a monster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dickerty wrote: »
    Grujic is a quite different player, but 1000% yes, an improvement. He has the ability to form a really good partnership with Can, or even a trio with Wijnaldum or Hendo. Very skillful for a big man, has already shown he can finish, and a monster!

I really don't know how you can say that based on a handful of training matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Jose wrote:
    "They are buying the title. All of them, they are buying the title.

"It is up to us to be strong and to fight them and, obviously, to try and win it again, even without the big investments."

Classic Jose......

I never thought Lucas was good enough for where we want to be but there was bi annual uproar in here at Lucas leaving rumours.

I think Stewart is going to take Lucas's minutes and I'm ok with that. Grujic is a different type of player and I see a lot of positivity in his game but not sure he was brought in to replace Lucas, I'd say he's taking Allens minutes.

It will be sad to see Lucas go, a lot of experience leaves with him and we lack that but he's not the player he was and I understand the reason to move him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Dickerty wrote: »

Daft. He scored in a few friendlies, was beasted by Cahill for Chelsea's goal in one of them, and he's a 1000%an improvement?
    Jesus, Lucas never fully got the credit he deserved at any stage of his career but he's been a wonderfully loyal and, for two or three seasons, a really excellent shield in our midfield.
    Grujic may well turn out to be a decent signing but let's see where he's at after 12 games rather than giving him young Player of the Year already.

...... presumably Dickerty watched grujic last season chaps. The reason I asked was because I've only seen him in our pre season games.

I'm not sure Stewart has a run of PL games in him at the moment if Can or Henderson are injured. Looks decent but only a cup option IMO currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

...... presumably Dickerty watched grujic last season chaps. The reason I asked was because I've only seen him in our pre season games.

I'm not sure Stewart has a run of PL games in him at the moment if Can or Henderson are injured. Looks decent but only a cup option IMO currently.

Regardless, the PL is a different beast entirely as he's about to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Sell Benteke & Lucas. Then put the money on the table for Ricardo Rodriguez & see will they accept plus does he want to play for us with no European football. He wouldn't need massive wages & definite upgrade on Moreno.

If not, good left back's don't grow on trees. Amavi could be a cheap option & low risk. I wonder would an offer for Juan Bernat from Bayern go anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Surely when we sell Benteke we'll go look for a LB.

And a good one I hope. Has Chilwell signed a new deal at Leicester?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Vicxas wrote: »
    And a good one I hope. Has Chilwell signed a new deal at Leicester?

Yup

I'd start Stewart over Lucas as of now given the choice. He has everything Lucas has bar experience. Massively impressed with how he's performed.

I've always liked Lucas and again just like Benteke have no real issue with them staying around if there is no buyer but I doubt he'll get the minutes next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Why would you go to the trouble of putting that in the Liverpool thread? Why not post it up in the Utd thread and look for a genuine discussion or even as a bit of a joke. Posting it in here is just looking for a bunch of virtual high fives.
    It all just seems so childish really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

s.welstead wrote: »
    Why would you go to the trouble of putting that in the Liverpool thread? Why not post it up in the Utd thread and look for a genuine discussion or even as a bit of a joke. Posting it in here is just looking for a bunch of virtual high fives.

It puts comments by a rival manager that clearly relate to our club and manager in their proper context.

Neither rocket science nor heart surgery on a small child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lads Mourinho is best ignored, he is the king of trolls and WUMS

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I presume you are constantly pulling people up on the utd thread for similar type comments about all things Liverpool related.

mosstin wrote: »
    Daft. He scored in a few friendlies, was beasted by Cahill for Chelsea's goal in one of them, and he's a 1000%an improvement?
    Jesus, Lucas never fully got the credit he deserved at any stage of his career but he's been a wonderfully loyal and, for two or three seasons, a really excellent shield in our midfield.
    Grujic may well turn out to be a decent signing but let's see where he's at after 12 games rather than giving him young Player of the Year already.
    I agree, it's far, far to early to be talking about Grujic. Until he plays at least 10 Premier League games and has lumps knocked out of him at some point, he could be anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://twitter.com/Fussballeck/status/763278447858909184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Yeah, yeah, I know it's in German but Dahoud has a 10million release clause next summer so there is a strong possibility he will be sold this summer or Borussia Monchengladbach will face a possible 20m euro loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Could be worth going in for him.

Why would you go to the trouble of putting that in the Liverpool thread?

The trouble of posting a link?

Seeing as he just spent a fortune and a year ago he says that clubs (liverpool included) were buying the league is funny. I doubt United fans in their thread would appreciate it, they are very defensive when it comes to Jose these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Is that saying 10m for Dahoud? Would imagine you can more than double that before Gladbach would flinch.

Also, more rumours about Klopp wanting Leandro Paredes.

I presume you are constantly pulling people up on the utd thread for similar type comments about all things Liverpool related.

Probably not tbh, from my post count you can see I'm not overly active. I'm not sure why I bothered today either. It just seemed particularly silly

Yeah, yeah, I know it's in German but Dahoud has a 10million release clause next summer so there is a strong possibility he will be sold this summer or Borussia Monchengladbach will face a possible 20m euro loss.

They already turned down a big offer from us though? I know it was only rumours but 20m+ was being mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I thought the general consensus was that Monchengladbach were okay with the 10m loss because they don't want to lose Xhaka, Nordveidt and Dahoud in one summer?

I don't see him moving this summer - to us or anyone else. January or next summer, maybe.

Knex. wrote: »
    Is that saying 10m for Dahoud? Would imagine you can more than double that before Gladbach would flinch.

Also, more rumours about Klopp wanting Leandro Paredes.

Have you seen him play by any chance? He is highly rated but I dont really see why......then again I'm not a scout or anything :pac:

I thought the general consensus was that Monchengladbach were okay with the 10m loss because they don't want to lose Xhaka, Nordveidt and Dahoud in one summer?

I don't see him moving this summer - to us or anyone else. January or next summer, maybe.

If this was FM2016 and I really wanted him I'd finalise a deal and loan him back for the season........win/win.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Probably not tbh, from my post count you can see I'm not overly active. I'm not sure why I bothered today either. It just seemed particularly silly

Now that you've been corrected on your error, you'll be feeling much better about it.

NukaCola wrote: »
    The trouble of posting a link?

Seeing as he just spent a fortune and a year ago he says that clubs (liverpool included) were buying the league is funny. I doubt United fans in their thread would appreciate it, they are very defensive when it comes to Jose these days.

Did he save the link in his favourites a year ago hoping for something like this going forward? Some sort of photographic memory?
    I'd understand posting it in the Utd thread, the humour thread or even creating a new thread and discussing managerial hypocrisy. Instead though he hides it in here to get a few sniggers and imo just seems so small time. Like look at us we're still relevant, our manager is better than theirs.
    I don't know, maybe it's just me?:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement