Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

5starpool wrote: »
    Yep, definitely. I'd rather see Spurs lose momentum than City at this point.

No chance. If it was opened it would be closed as soon as seen by a mod. What will happen (As with the last few times) is that a few days beforehand a mod will create a thread with a multitude of warnings, then lock it until the morning of the game, or possibly afternoon since it is an 8pm kickoff.

I'm looking forward to it though, should be an amazing atmosphere, hopefully we can keep our momentum/form going.

Place should be rocking. Hopefully the flares will be out before the game. Klopp will have everyone riled up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Also the match thread should be called Jose brings a triple decker parked bus to Anfield.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

niallo27 wrote: »
    Place should be rocking. Hopefully the flares will be out before the game. Klopp will have everyone riled up.

Klopp won't need to have anyone riled up for this one. Hopefully there are no stupid needless cards for anyone in red that night.

8pm kick off.

How did the cops agree to that :pac:

mormank wrote: »
    Well after just having a quick look at the last 6 years of PL tables and 3 times the teams with the best defence won the league and 3 times the team with the best defence did not win the league. So like I said it is more about scoring more goals than each team you are playing each week but yeah we haven't kept a clean sheet all season, would be nice.

So having the best defence would have to be considered helpful in winning the league :)

Why pick the last 6 years btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

We don't have to worry about Spurs as long as we finish ahead of Arsenal that means we finished ahead of Spurs.

2-0 to Spurs now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hang on, we only wanted a draw! :pac: Down Spurs down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I want a spurs win.
    3pts dropped if city lose. We are going for title .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I want a spurs win.

The big thing to take from this is how average city look. Nobody to fear in this league

• Advertisement

The big thing to take from this is how average city look. Nobody to fear in this league

I wouldn't say fear but it shows there aren't any teams miles ahead of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I would argue that Liverpool have made the best start of any teams when you look at the fixtures we had. Away to Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. 7 points from that. The only blip is Burnley.

Other teams have their praises sung but were winning against nobodies and then struggle when they face a decent team.

Liverpool v Ipswich Town (away) in the Premier League Cup. 1 PM KO

#LFC U23s lineup vs Ipswich Town: Kelleher, Arnold, Randall, Ilori, Sakho, Stewart, Wilson, Chirivella, Ings, Ejaria, Woodburn

Very strong line up and Ings has just scored, it's not on the tellybox anywhere

Ended 3-0 with a Dings hat-trick, at under 23 level he is banging them in now probably what he'll have to settle for this season bar some cup games. Wilson and Ejaria with two assists I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

was nice to win yesterday after playing poorly, we usually end up losing those games although we did get a little lucky. Van Der Hoorn should have equalised. Sounds like Klopp gave the lads (dare I say it) the hair dryer treatment.

Spurs could really challenge for the title as well. I always feel that the title is City's to lose, especially now that Pep is there.

Would be great to mount a challenge again this season after coming so damn close in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Ended 3-0 with a Dings hat-trick, at under 23 level he is banging them in now probably what he'll have to settle for this season bar some cup games. Wilson and Ejaria with two assists I think.

Can't see home with us after this season to good for reserves and not going to get into our team unless a lot of injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Van Der Hoorn should have equalised.

Anyone else think VdH was a shade lucky to finish that match? Fierce free with the elbows and forearms.

• Advertisement

I can't remember much about him now but would he not be a klopp type player when he regains full fitness . Hard working terrier type ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I want a spurs win.

Exactly, besides our selfish interest it makes the league far more exciting.

We'll see if we are good enough.

As for goals conceded, having a decent defence is a big help, I'd have thought that self evident! Generally you'd need one of the best defences in the league to win it. Until I see evidence a dodgy back 4 can win it...

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

great attitude deserves to be on the bench for the next game.

Pepsi Granola might do a Klopp at half time and inspire a comeback .

Bit early to be talking about titles, surely?

If yesterday proved anything, it's that this time is still a bit inconcsistant for a title challenge, and I think it'll be a while before even Klopp sorts that out.

How are we inconsistent with 7 games played, Won 5 drew 1 and lost 1.

Judge them on results not incidents within games of halves.

No team plays at 100% in every game.

For me yesterday was our most pleasing result in years as it's the first time I've seen us a grind out a win since we beat Fulham in our title run in in 13/14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Spurs win 2-1 so we can be second in the table for the next two weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Point at WHL is starting to look like a really good result in hindsight now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't know about that.

If Spurs win they will be a point ahead of Liverpool.

Also, if Arsenal win they will go ahead as well so we'll most likely be 4th today.

It's fine, at this stage of the season, we're in the mix.

murpho999 wrote: »
    If Spurs win they will be a point ahead of Liverpool.

Also, if Arsenal win they will go ahead as well so we'll most likely be 4th today.

It's fine, at this stage of the season, we're in the mix.

Ya, I don't think there is one person here who at the start of the season would have said no to being 4th after 7 games only 2 points off the lead.

Five away games in the first seven and only two points off first that's a really great start to the season and joint top goal scorers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Augeo wrote: »
    So having the best defence would have to be considered helpful in winning the league :)

Why pick the last 6 years btw?

Oh of course it would be massively helpful. We could go unbeaten for a season with a better defence. ;) Wouldn't guarantee us winning the league tho.
    I didn't choose the last 6 years I simply started checking the tables of the last few seasons and after getting to 6 and noticing 3 of the best defences won it and 3 didn't I felt that was enough to justify carrying on, I was just too lazy to continue checking but I feel that's a big enough sample size! :)

I want a spurs win.

Oh of course. But that is why we wanted a draw is it not, so 2 of our title rivals would drop points and not just 1. Still, I'm very happy with a Spurs win, hopefully city can have a bit of a wobble now after the international break. They may have won 6 out of 6 in the PL before today but I watched all of those games and they were lucky to escape with victories in a couple of them imo. Also I very much look forward to our meetings with city this season, should be great games.

Whether having the best defence would help us win the league or not is irrelevant since we aren't going to have the best defence or anywhere close to it.

Hopefully we will have the best attack or close to that though. I reckon we'll score 80+ goals this season and if we do we should get top 4. Huge long way to go though of course but in our 9 games (including cup) this season, we have only played poorly for 1 full games, and 2 half games (first half vs Arsenal wasn't good). I'm delighted with things, and once again curse the stupid fúcking international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Was just checking the stats on fantasy football and noticed that Henderson has over 100 more passes and 100 more touches than any other player in the league this season.

• Advertisement

Spurs are a real threat for title. The are strong.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I would argue that Liverpool have made the best start of any teams when you look at the fixtures we had. Away to Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. 7 points from that. The only blip is Burnley.

Other teams have their praises sung but were winning against nobodies and then struggle when they face a decent team.

We are the exact opposite, we will annihilate the bigger teams but struggle against the smaller teams. I would be very confident that we will be top of the "mini top 4/6 league table" that they often show of how the big teams did against eachother. If we can just learn to beat the smaller more consistently the title is ours to lose.

Fwiw as a young fella I used to always think at the start of the season that Liverpool would win the title. After many years of being slagged about this and losing many bets with friends by about the age of 12 I had totally given up hope that we would ever win a title and I have been a football cynic ever since. 13/14 was the first season where I let myself believe we would win it, but only around April time for a week or two and sure enough I was reminded why to never get my hopes up, as it is the hope that will kill you. With Klopp in charge it's different, my Utd supporting friends and City etc have a different tone about them now when talking about Liverpool, there is a genuine fear in their voices as they discuss our chances. Something I have never experienced before tbh, it's kinda nice. Klopp lets me believe again, in public without being mocked, for the first time since I was a wide eyed 12 year old fool. :pac:

For me lads the difference between Klopp and previous managers is I would be surprised if we won the league this season but I would be absolutely shocked if Klopp left this football without winning the title at least once. And for someone who has never experienced a title win that is a very reassuring thought. I've waited well over 20 years, I can survive another few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Spurs are a real threat for title. The are strong.

I don't think they are. Europe will play havoc with them and they will suffer through injuries. Probably top 4 certainties but not title challengers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

MD1990 wrote: »
    Benteke takes points off Everton. Allen takes points off Man Utd. Great work from our ex players.

I say we were all a bit like this

laughter.gif

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I don't think they are. Europe will play havoc with them and they will suffer through injuries. Probably top 4 certainties but not title challengers

I think they will be annoyingly resilient. Almost no one is top 4 certainties at this stage. Chelsea and Utd haven't been great overall, but they have are only a few points back. There are 6 very strong squads competing at the top end this season.

Bowlardo wrote: »

It's their goals scored to goals conceded ratio that worries me. They just rarely lose a game.
    Lost 6 of last 45 league games.

mormank wrote: »
    ........ lets me believe again, in public without being mocked, for the first time since I was a wide eyed 12 year old fool. :pac:

I was there with Rafa & Rodgers, briefly admittedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

It's their goals scored to goals conceded ratio that worries me. They just rarely lose a game.
    Lost 6 of last 45 league games.

Best defence in the league, great manager, been involved in something of a title challenge already last season and will be all the better for the experience. I think Spurs are definite title challengers.

BALOTELLI SCORES A CRACKER TO WIN GAME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The other one that's not Shelvey that got away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Hope we have a good sell on clause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mario also got sent off

Any news on how long Lallana is out for I really hope he is back for the next match we can't afford to carry any players in that game Lallana work rate will be hugely missed if he doesn't play.

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 3m3 minutes ago
    86th min: Mario Balotelli scores

87th min: Mario Balotelli receives a yellow card

90th min: Mario Balotelli sent off

Never change, Mario.

Nice goal though.

https://twitter.com/ScottTaylorUK/status/782625074436276224

sword1 wrote: »
    Hope we have a good sell on clause

25% I think, PSG will be in like Flynn for him if he keeps this up.

• Advertisement

Any news on how long Lallana is out for I really hope he is back for the next match we can't afford to carry any players in that game Lallana work rate will be hugely missed if he doesn't play.

Nothing other than what Klopp said after the game that he hopes he'll be ok for the next game. Too early to say though I'd imagine, probably hear more in the next few days.

Hopefully no international injuries to deal with either.

The other one that's not Shelvey that got away.

Would never have worked. Balotelli has floated around pitch for 90 mins like a Mars bar wrapper in the wind. He comes alive in and around goal, this team suits him if they don't mind his lack of effort without ball, which they don't so it's win win. He found it hard to score at liverpool considering fact he was not even in stadium when we played, here he plays when fit full stop .

Hope de bruin is out for the Liverpool game . City didn't impress me today without him and target / press that keeper, he's a liability :)

To be fair to Arsenal they were absolutely all out the last 10 mins to get shots on and out the pressure on, no way were they settling for a point.

Augeo wrote: »
    To be fair to Arsenal they were absolutely all out the last 10 mins to get shots on and out the pressure on, no way were they settling for a point.

I really, REALLY hate it when the likes of Arsenal get last minute winners. Pisses me off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement