Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

5starpool wrote: »
    I really, REALLY hate it when the likes of Arsenal get last minute winners. Pisses me off.

Especially when they shouldn't have counted. Ball was going wide until it hit Koscielny's arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Augeo wrote: »
    To be fair to Arsenal they were absolutely all out the last 10 mins to get shots on and out the pressure on, no way were they settling for a point.

I actually thought quite the opposite in fact. I felt Arsenal had given up hopein the last 5 mins. It's so hard to tell with them tho cos they play the exact same way regardless of how much time is left. There were one or two opportunities in the last 10 mins where Arsenal were on the counter and Bellerin in paticular could have raced past the fullback in to open space but he, and the rest, chose to slow up the play and play it back inside constantly. Was a very boring game unless you are a fan of resolute defending, which I am but I'm not. :)
    I really, REALLY hate it when the likes of Arsenal get last minute winners. Pisses me off.

I had Sanchez captain in FF, I'm fuming after that result! :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

martyos121 wrote: »
    Especially when they shouldn't have counted. Ball was going wide until it hit Koscielny's arm.

If it was for us I would nearly enjoy it all the more for people posting things like I did above when it was not a legit goal, so can understand the enjoyment it gives Arsenal fans, but still doesn't piss me off any less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

lat_min_winner.jpg

:pac:

If it was for us I would nearly enjoy it all the more for people posting things like I did above when it was not a legit goal, so can understand the enjoyment it gives Arsenal fans, but still doesn't piss me off any less.
    lat_min_winner.jpg

:pac:

Keep up old man ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Gerrards out of contract soon. He wants to play on, if I could look into future and tell you the only way we win league this year is by signing Gerrard, that he scores a 88 minute screamer on last day of season to win us league, would this mean we would like to see him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Gerrards out of contract soon. He wants to play on, if I could look into future and tell you the only way we win league this year is by signing Gerrard, that he scores a 88 minute screamer on last day of season to win us league, would this mean we would like to see him back.

Gerrard is finished at this level and would not have the pace anymore for our midfield movement.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Gerrard is finished at this level and would not have the pace anymore for our midfield movement.

He wants to coach, what better man to learn from. Would be good to call on him for minutes here and there, and that screamer that wins us league on last day .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He wants to coach, what better man to learn from. Would be good to call on him for minutes here and there, and that screamer that wins us league on last day .

Why? We are not a retirement club for ex players. Let him go off and learn his trade elsewhere.

What are you on, seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What are you on, seriously?

Probably on his back playing with himself over the thought of Gerrard returning :D

We have Klopp for coaching etc.
    Gerrard made little impact in the US, he would be woeful in the PL now imo.

I never can say goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Henderson and Sturridge called up into the England squad.

Hopefully Henderson comes it through without picking up an injury he is just getting back to his best.

“I’m wondering whether I should play on for a little bit longer or whether I should call it a day. I haven’t 100 pc decided on that yet.
    “I still enjoy playing. I still love coming into training, I still love competing, so if I can carry on and there are opportunities to stay here or go somewhere else for another six months or 12 months then I’ll consider it.”

"But if nothing comes up I’ll try and fly through the coaching badges and see what happens down that road.

“Maybe it’s an obsession but I still love playing. I’m going to be a long time retired and so I still want to enjoy things while I’m still feeling good.”

I hope he comes back. Jose would take him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Aspas doing a job on Barcelona again! 3-0 up at half time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

kfallon wrote: »
    Aspas doing a job on Barcelona again! 3-0 up at half time!
    #shouldneverhavesoldhim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Still takes a better corner than anyone we have right now.

'He could have killed him, Joe!'

When you get fed up of spending 90 minutes in wee Joe Allens pocket

https://twitter.com/gerrardsprime/status/782563327654391809

• Advertisement

'He could have killed him, Joe!'

When you get fed up of spending 90 minutes in wee Joe Allens pocket

https://twitter.com/gerrardsprime/status/782563327654391809

Surely worthy of a card you'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Remarkable match with Barcelona on now, if anyone is interested.

Clyne not picked because he was injured? What's that about? Hopefully just a strategic thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Has to be a card and Herrera took him out and should've got a red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Rigobert Song is in a critical condition after suffering a cerebral aneurysm. Hope he recovers.

Rigobert Song is in a critical condition after suffering a cerebral aneurysm. Hope he recovers.

That's terrible, especially in someone so young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

NukaCola wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Bobby Firmino!

Firmino-goal.jpg

Another year wiser ;)

Apparently not! And the ref looking right at it, it seems the laws on allowable contact have been rewritten.

Henderson and Sturridge called up into the England squad.

Hopefully Henderson comes it through without picking up an injury he is just getting back to his best.

Ouch! :D

PAY-Ander-Herrera-tackle-on-Joe-Allen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Always get a strange sense of affection when I see Joe Allen play, good lad gives his all every time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Was just checking the stats on fantasy football and noticed that Henderson has over 100 more passes and 100 more touches than any other player in the league this season.

And now Goal of the month too, notwithstanding Jenas and Wright looking shocked and glum when it was announced.

They so wanted Walcotts goal (a team goal really) to be No 1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Clyne not picked because he was injured? What's that about? Hopefully just a strategic thing.

The strategy of having Gareth Southgate coach as few of our players as possible.
    Lovren, Clyne, Matip & Milner all off international duty. Hopefully we can do a bit of work with them & keep a clean sheet for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

ERG89 wrote: »
    The strategy of having Gareth Southgate coach as few of our players as possible.
    Lovren, Clyne, Matip & Milner all off international duty. Hopefully we can do a bit of work with them & keep a clean sheet for a change.

If we ain't gonna man mark on set pieces (corners mostly) our keeper has to get off his line or at least stick someone on a post.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Has this been posted here yet?

Ctw9XY1WYAA0cEl.jpg

Brilliant stuff.

ERG89 wrote: »
    ....... keep a clean sheet for a change.

If we continue as we are we'll score 90/100 ish PL goals so conceding 45/50 ish and having minimal clean sheets isn't too much of an issue :)

A slight improvement in defence extrapolated over the course of the season could well be the difference between Top4 and the PL title. A slight improvement that occurs without impacting our attacking play etc though. Tough balance to strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would we really have a problem with no clean sheets if we're winning games 3-1 or 4-1, i get that clean sheets are nice but in the grand scheme winning is more important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Listened to the last ten minutes of the Swansea match on the radio. Commentators didn't mention one Swansea player (apart from the goalie and the miss they had at the end) It was absolute domination

Vicxas wrote: »
    Would we really have a problem with no clean sheets if we're winning games 3-1 or 4-1, i get that clean sheets are nice but in the grand scheme winning is more important.

None at all.

As a concept though if you are a PL team contesting Top4 or better and the opposition have you pegged as more or less guaranteed to let a goal in it's not great.

Especially if they capitalise and couple that with park the bus tactics & attempting to nullify our pressing by punting the ball downfield at every opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Listened to the last ten minutes of the Swansea match on the radio. Commentators didn't mention one Swansea player (apart from the goalie and the miss they had at the end) It was absolute domination

Dunno about that, van der Hoorn had a great chance to equalize a few mins from time.
    We were more dominant from 45 to 75 mins, they had some break out moments late on.

We were not great overall, but great result. You need a few of those over a title winning season. :D

• Advertisement

If we continue as we are we'll score 90/100 ish PL goals so conceding 45/50 ish and having minimal clean sheets isn't too much of an issue :)

A slight improvement in defence extrapolated over the course of the season could well be the difference between Top4 and the PL title. A slight improvement that occurs without impacting our attacking play etc though. Tough balance to strike.

We've conceded 1 goal in each of our last 5 league games, so not as bad as it sounds really, but still something we need to see improve. As you say though, as long as we score more than the other team, I don't really care ultimately.

Next game would be a nice one to keep our first clean sheet of the season though.

Herrera will probably score the winner for Utd now though given that he should probably have been sent off for that tackle on Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Herrera will probably score the winner for Utd now though given that he should probably have been sent off for that tackle on Allen.

I don't know who would be Allen's mates within the current squad, with a bit of luck if Herrera plays somebody will give him the once over as a thank you to Allen getting the equalizer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

40 years old, scary.

GBX wrote: »
    I don't know who would be Allen's mates within the current squad, with a bit of luck if Herrera plays somebody will give him the once over as a thank you to Allen getting the equalizer.

Hopefully we'll give them the once over by beating them, not by making any stupid tackles that get someone sent off needlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No need for anyone to smash Herrera the next day, Stevie G already did it two seasons ago in a fit of bravado and his sending off cost us any realistic chance of coming back to get something out of that match. I don't like United as much as the rest of ye but there's no need to go out trying to injure their players.

Except Afro McElbows. I won't shed a tear if Matip puts him in line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    No need for anyone to smash Herrera the next day, Stevie G already did it two seasons ago in a fit of bravado and his sending off cost us any realistic chance of coming back to get something out of that match. I don't like United as much as the rest of ye but there's no need to go out trying to injure their players.

Except Afro McElbows. I won't shed a tear if Matip puts him in line.

So your saying, that we should kidnap herrera? Got ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah .. cmon lads. Do without getting sent off like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Start of the international break, going to be like this around here for a while

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2016/10/03/3298671182639809714/636x382_MP4_3298671182639809714.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

The problem is the games where we have off days and might struggle to score 3 or 4. These are the games which cost us in 2013/2014. Vitally important that we are able to grind out results and turn 1-1's into 1-0 by being more resolute defensively and giving opposing teams belief that they always can score against us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Start of the international break, going to be like this around here for a while

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2016/10/03/3298671182639809714/636x382_MP4_3298671182639809714.mp4

International breaks are the worst in here, least we didn't lose like the last IB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement