Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

Perhaps Origi might get gametime against Bosnia-Herzegovina or Gibraltar, a couple of 30 mins apps could do him good.

.........Vitally important that we are able to grind out results and turn 1-1's into 1-0 by being more resolute defensively and giving opposing teams belief that they always can score against us.

I hear ya :)
    Rome wasn't built in a day though etc etc etc :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    International breaks are the worst in here, least we didn't lose like the last IB

We drew 1-1 with Spurs before the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5starpool wrote: »
    We drew 1-1 with Spurs before the last one.

Was it not after the Burnley defeat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

5starpool wrote: »
    We've conceded 1 goal in each of our last 5 league games, so not as bad as it sounds really

Same amount as have Man City as a comparison. They have only 1 clean sheet and have conceded against Swansea, Sunderland, West Ham, Stoke

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    Same amount as have Man City as a comparison. They have only 1 clean sheet and have conceded against Swansea, Sunderland, West Ham, Stoke and 2 against Spurs

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They've also conceded 3 goals to Celtic. We've only conceded one goal to all European teams with Fer's goal on Saturday. #LockdownDefenceInEurope

Vicxas wrote: »
    Was it not after the Burnley defeat?

Nope. We played Burton and Spurs after Burnley. We won all 5 of our games in between breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

loan watch

J. Flannagan Full back Burnley Unused Sub in 0-1 defeat by Arsenal

R. Kent Winger Barnsley 81 mins in 2-1 away defeat (their early form has definitely slumped)

D. Ward Goalkeeper Huddersfield full games in away win - top of the table.

R. Fulton Goalkeeper Chesterfield full game in home defeat

L . Jones Centre back Swindon - Not in squad (maybe injured)

S. Hart Left Back Port Vale - played full game in home defeat to Coventry, picked up yellow card.

J. Dunn Forward Morecambe - Game abandoned due to weather

Allan Midfielder Hertha Berlin Came on as a No 10, on 77 mins in 2-0 win HB are flying 2nd in the league

T. Awoniyi Stiker NEC Nijmegen - started game! played 59 mins in 0-1 away win (goal scored after he left the pitch but by not by his replacement!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I have very little time to post these days but just wanted to say I'm delighted with the start to the season. We have one some big games and bar the slip up to Burnley we could be top of the league going into the break.

I wouldn't fear a single team in the league, no one is unbeatable. We have the added advantage of no European football so hopefully as the season progresses that will play in our favour.

James Milner has been a revelation, he is so involved and I'm glad to see such a creative player as him last season finding away into the team.

Henderson back to his best, the lad had a horrible year, very happy he has managed to put it behind him and show why he deserves to be captain.

The hunting down in packs of the opposition and seeing the sheer panic in their faces is a joy to watch.

Sturridge looks bereft of confidence, he really needs a goal. He may not be a starter but he has an important part to play in this squad. Having Sturridge come off the bench in games says a lot for the attacking option Klopp has developed.

Feeling very positive for the season ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/782973820303007744

That penultimate pass for Ings' 3rd goal. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

emmetkenny wrote: »

Underlines the miracle achieved by Ranieri last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Those tables are a bit silly though. I mean United's spending has obviously been huge recently but they're probably counting the money spent 12 years ago on Rooney in that. Same as City's total probably includes Aguero and Silva. Doesn't count players who have come and gone too.

Though it is depressing as a United fan when you see the scattergun approach to transfers under LVG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The "par" table.

Spurs leading after their win over City, Liverpool are +3.2 (oh Burnley! :mad:)

bdCK0I0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Everton 14th!

The Championship was the 5th highest spending league in Europe in the Summer which gives an idea of the advantages English clubs have.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Liam O wrote: »
    Those tables are a bit silly though. I mean United's spending has obviously been huge recently but they're probably counting the money spent 12 years ago on Rooney in that. Same as City's total probably includes Aguero and Silva. Doesn't count players who have come and gone too.
    I'm not sure what your criticism is. If they are simply adding up the transfer cost of all players currently in each squad what is wrong with that? The fact a player cost £Xm 7-8 pr even 12 years ago doesn't negate the fact that's what the player cost. Am I missing something?

The "par" table.

Spurs leading after their win over City with Man Utd, Liverpool are +3.2 (oh Burnley! :mad:)

bdCK0I0.jpg

That looks crazy complicated.

Think we're +4 on the alternative table which is some going, must be ahead of everybody else on it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Liam O wrote: »
    Though it is depressing as a United fan when you see the scattergun approach to transfers under LVG.

20+ years of "scattergun"!
    We got you beat on that one! Don't come in here moaning about 1 or 2 seasons of it! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

mosstin wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/782973820303007744

That penultimate pass for Ings' 3rd goal. :eek:

Gerrard-like that pass was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Football stats are gone a bit mad these days, every graph/chart is usually convoluted and hard to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good news Rigobert Song is out of the coma and off all machines and breathing for himself James Pearce just tweeted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I know the saying "if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle" but ****ing hell, that Burnley game. :confused:

If we had beat them we'd be top.

Apart from that game our form has been great, even if some performances weren't. Spurs were lucky to get a draw from that game.

Hate Monday night football when we're playing but it would be amazing if we beat Utd :D

klose wrote: »
    Football stats are gone a bit mad these days, every graph/chart is usually convoluted and hard to read.

Doesn't matter. Most just nod sagely, scratch their beards and enthuse about Bielsa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah that's all well and good but how's the breakfast stats? Mostly spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Good news Rigobert Song is out of the coma and off all machines and breathing for himself James Pearce just tweeted.

Good ol Rigobert! He always came across as a good character back in the day. Remember when Ged Houllier said that God (during the derby sniffing the by-line incident) was copying what Song used to do at Metz and was 'eating the grass' in celebration?

Oh Ged! Twas a nice try all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

K-9 wrote: »
    Everton 14th!

The Championship was the 5th highest spending league in Europe in the Summer which gives an idea of the advantages English clubs have.

...Or gives you an idea of the size of the money bubble in English football at present.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Wheety wrote: »
    I know the saying "if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle" but ****ing hell, that Burnley game. :confused:

If we had beat them we'd be top.

Apart from that game our form has been great, even if some performances weren't. Spurs were lucky to get a draw from that game.

Hate Monday night football when we're playing but it would be amazing if we beat Utd :D
    Every team slips up at some stage. I'm much happier losing to Burnley and beating Chelsea, much better to take points off Top 4 rivals than let them make gains on us.

garra wrote: »
    ...Or gives you an idea of the size of the money bubble in English football at present.

Might not be a bubble at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Throw a 6 to start...?!
    The "par" table.

Spurs leading after their win over City, Liverpool are +3.2 (oh Burnley! :mad:)

bdCK0I0.jpg

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Happy birthday to a true Liverpool legend......

ROY%20EVANS%20ASSORTED%20(12).JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Exactly one year ago today Brendan Rodgers was sacked as manager of #LFC

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/783221748867198977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Augeo wrote: »
    Might not be a bubble at all.

It's most definitely a bubble

• Advertisement

garra wrote: »
    It's most definitely a bubble

It'll only be a bubble if domestic TV money, foreign TV money, torrent money etc dry up.

There's never been more people watching for "free" but there's never been more money from TV etc. Might well not be a bubble as I said :)

If it's most definitely a bubble I'm sure you can explain why....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Yep, doesn't really look like a bubble at all.
    Sponsors are still queueing up, attendances are high as 20 years ago despite increased ticket prices, advertising revenue is grand, merchandising revenue ditto, enough people seem willing to pay the tv subs that enable Sky to pay their share etc.
    It seems as reasonably well underpinned as any industry. Which doesn't mean it can't go kaput but it won't be because it was a bubble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It'll only be a bubble if domestic TV money, foreign TV money, torrent money etc dry up.

There's never been more people watching for "free" but there's never been more money from TV etc. Might well not be a bubble as I said :)

Torrent money? What do you mean?

Torrent money? What do you mean?

lol

torrents of money I meant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

lol

torrents of money I meant

Ah right. I was confused there for a minute.

• Advertisement

When ITV and Setanta went bust it looked like the bubble was over but really, as long as BT and Sky can get advertisers willing to pay for it...

It doesn't have to logical to keep on making money!

Long term, with very little free to air footie on tv anymore I'd wonder about exposure and publicity. TV deals can't keep jumping so much either, Sky shot themselves in the foot last time by bidding way more than they had to.

China seems a different kettle of fish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

K-9 wrote: »
    When ITV and Setanta went bust it looked like the bubble was over but really, as long as BT and Sky can get advertisers willing to pay for it...

It doesn't have to logical to keep on making money!

Long term, with very little free to air footie on tv anymore I'd wonder about exposure and publicity. TV deals can't keep jumping so much either, Sky shot themselves in the foot last time by bidding way more than they had to.

China seems a different kettle of fish!

Not sure if BT can keep up, they don't seem to be getting the best games. Not that i'm complaining, one sub to Sky is bad enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

And look how they are now going after those free means to try and protect the bubble, i have gotten rid of sky and only have BT TV as i use them for Broadband, any game on Sky I want to watch will be in the pub, even when they are phoning me offering 60% off and £75 credit

And look how they are now going after those free means to try and protect the bubble, i have gotten rid of sky and only have BT TV as i use them for Broadband, any game on Sky I want to watch will be in the pub, even when they are phoning me offering 60% off and £75 credit

That's essentially my point.
    There's never been more options to watch PL games for free and yet the cash is still flowing. The free means is a problem they won't be solving anytime soon.

Advertisers are happy to pay as the not paid for options still contain all the adds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The boys from Brazil having fun at The Main Man's birthday party :)

Twitter vid.

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/782860292539748352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Here's Coutinho being a chicken and Firmino talking Scouse.. ��

Weirdest. Foreplay. Ever.

Ben Woodburn turns 17 in 11 days. Hopefully he will sign a professional contract with the club then as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Exactly one year ago today Brendan Rodgers was sacked as manager of #LFC

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/783221748867198977

Ha, what a coincidence. My dog is 1 today! She has only known Klopp as Liverpool manager, I'm so jealous. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

kfallon wrote: »
    Happy birthday to a true Liverpool legend......

ROY%20EVANS%20ASSORTED%20(12).JPG

Advanced level leaning too.....

Advanced level leaning too.....

I'd do the full lean analysis like I usually do but I can't even fathom the brilliance of that, words wouldn't do it justice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement