Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Re telly money - just wait till Discovery decide to get involved - the game will be split into 4 quarters and there will be a Southern and Northern Premier League with the winner of each play for the overall league title at Wembley in January May.

Rhian Brewster scored two as England U-17s beat Germany 8-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Re telly money - just wait till Discovery decide to get involved - the game will be split into 4 quarters and there will be a Southern and Northern Premier League with the winner of each play for the overall league title at Wembley in January May.

Ah yes, the soccer World Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

hypnotic_tunnel_by_atillathehungarian-d2xg8mw.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Not as mad as some of the suggested lineups you have posted :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Not as mad as some of the suggested lineups you have posted :p
    Kill him that way:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Snapchat to the whole utd team Sunday night week and hope some of them are epileptic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm just going to stare at that until our next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

kfallon wrote: »
    Happy birthday to a true Liverpool legend......

...Roy Evans pic snipped.

Do people really regard him as a true Liverpool legend?

That word gets bandied about too much.

Granted, he was a coach to some great managers but he has to be regarded as a failure as a manager as he managed a tam of under-performers, allowed the Spice Boys to thrive, white Armani suits etc.

I don't see that as warrants legendary status.

Juve interested in signing Origi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Unless there are strikers coming in Jan surely there is no way Klopp is gonna let Origi go. He hasn't regained his form of last year but Klopp likes him and his industry it seems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Unless there are strikers coming in Jan surely there is no way Klopp is gonna let Origi go. He hasn't regained his form of last year but Klopp likes him and his industry it seems.

I like him and if he gets a run in the team I think he is certainly capable of first team football with us. Playing with the rest of our foward style players will bring him on and I think he has a good future ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

photo.jpg

I actually had a think about this rumour. I wonder would Origi get more game time there in a January loan than he would with us. Whilst we could bring in someone who could really push the current starters, by push i mean keep them more 'honest', if you get my drift. Origi is at an important time in his development and i remember back in the day when Henry went to Juve aged 22. He needs games.

International break transfer sh'ite on a stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

daithijjj wrote: »

I actually had a think about this rumour. I wonder would Origi get more game time there in a January loan than he would with us. Whilst we could bring in someone who could really push the current starters, by push i mean keep them more 'honest', if you get my drift. Origi is at an important time in his development and i remember back in the day when Henry went to Juve aged 22. He needs games.

If he went there I don't see how he would get regular game time any more than he would at Liverpool. Juve already have arguably the best front two in Serie A with Dybala and Higuian. They also have Pjaca (more of a winger than forward) and Mandzukic in reserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I assume juve want him on a two year loan deal with an obligation to buy for 10 million after he gets 50 starts and we subsidise 60% of his wages for his loan spell?

Cause that's what it seems to be like dealing with them Italians...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

For someone like Origi, no matter how much Klopp likes him or wants to keep him, if he is not getting the game time, he won't want to stay, especially if someone like Juve come in, providing there are better prospects of playing time there. I hope he doesn't leave, but as with anything else, I fully trust Klopp's judgement in all these things.

Uh-oh, Klopp nominated for manager of the month in September. Hopefully he doesn't win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Juventus can **** off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Cant see how or where he fits in as a starter at Juve so id imagine this is just paper nonsense. Theyve a very strong array of attackers so he wont go there and start for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    For someone like Origi, no matter how much Klopp likes him or wants to keep him, if he is not getting the game time, he won't want to stay, especially if someone like Juve come in, providing there are better prospects of playing time there. I hope he doesn't leave, but as with anything else, I fully trust Klopp's judgement in all these things.

Well whatever about a 6 month loan he should be getting plenty of game time next season with European football.

I suppose we were in the unusual position that we'd 5 or 6 strikers at the club in the Summer with no European football to plan for. Had to get rid of 2 and then Sturridge can't be relied on injury wise, Ings coming back as well.

Bloody hilarious, for years we cried out for good back up strikers, even just 1, then we get them and we get a manager who picks Firmino up front, and does a damn good job at it.

The joys of supporting Liverpool.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Liverpool don't have a player up front - the whole Klopp thing is about the collective - 4 in this case, they are all doing the same thing and it's working as all four have scored three times already. Focal point/s have been replaced by units and phases of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If Juve cant get Origi, they'll settle for Sturridge..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

5starpool wrote: »
    Uh-oh, Klopp nominated for manager of the month in September. Hopefully he doesn't win it.

Too late I'd say. As of right now he's miles ahead in the voting

YG9Q4q6.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

x43r0 wrote: »

YG9Q4q6.png

Dammit!

I'm already dreading the 17th. Mourinho with another park the bus tactic and a mis-hit shot from Rooney falls to Ibrahimovic and they win 1-0.

Mourinho is back the papers will say. Klopp suffers the dreaded manager of the month award.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    ........... Mourinho with another park the bus tactic.............

He'll 100% park the bus and they won't play it out from the back either, they'll bypass their defence and CMs largely to negate our pressing.

I'd fully expect him attempt to nullify both our counter and our pressing game.

He's not going to come to Anfield and play like Swansea did last week.

It will be interesting to see what Klopp has planned because all being equal no one will expect us to keep a clean sheet so we'll quite likely need to score at least once to get anything from the game.

In the greater scheme of things it matters little as we have been putting most teams to the sword :cool:

Ibrahimovic being so good in the air (as well as the ground obv) will cause us problems too. Hopefully Fellaini will only be brought on late on when they are a 3 goals down and reeling. I can dream anyhow, although given that Utd function worse with Fellaini in the side, it would be better if he played.

Fellaini won't know what to do in the game if he plays anyway as he won't have Jesus Joe's head walking into his elbow all the time this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

x43r0 wrote: »

YG9Q4q6.png

Always nice to see Klopp getting recognition for his coaching... And Pardew voting for himself of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

90% of the internet atm seems to be

United fans - ye Liverpool have had a good start but no way they win the league

Liverpool fans - ye we agree

United fans - WHAT! Ye think it's your ****ing year don't ye, DON'T YE? Yer ****e, only played crap teams, lucky pens ramble ramble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Not only to avoid the superstition of winning the thing but I would actually give it to Pochettino myself
    Spurs looked awesome last month and put a what until then looked an unstoppable city to the sword at the weekend.
    Only team now unbeaten in league and one bad result in Europe aside have started pretty much perfectly

Not only to avoid the superstition of winning the thing but I would actually give it to Pochettino myself
    Spurs looked awesome last month and put a what until then looked an unstoppable city to the sword at the weekend.
    Only team now unbeaten in league and one bad result in Europe aside have started pretty much perfectly

The City result was in October though. Us, them and City are I believe the 3 teams to win all their league games in September, but I might be missing someone like Palace. Who cares about Crystal Pardew though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Fellaini won't know what to do in the game if he plays anyway as he won't have Jesus Joe's head walking into his elbow all the time this time around.

I Must have a flutter on Fellani elbows getting sent off ! Wonder what's the odds ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

cjmc wrote: »
    I Must have a flutter on Fellani elbows getting sent off ! Wonder what's the odds ?

Depends entirely on who the referee is.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

cjmc wrote: »

He never gets sent off...gets away with murder for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

It's the hair isn't it lol. Blocks the refs view of his elbows

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vicxas wrote: »
    If Juve cant get Origi, they'll settle for Sturridge..... :rolleyes:

The new Blissett and Barnes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

jose always has a surprise or two up his sleeve, prob go all out for the win rather than park the bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

jose always has a surprise or two up his sleeve, prob go all out for the win rather than park the bus

:eek: He does? Possibly the least surprising manager in the all time history of least surprising managers. I'll be very surprised if he has a surprise. No, he'll not be taking any risks - quelle surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

He never gets sent off...gets away with murder for some reason.

Him and Costa seem to have a different set of rules applied to them. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    90% of the internet atm seems to be

United fans - ye Liverpool have had a good start but no way they win the league

Liverpool fans - ye we agree

United fans - WHAT! Ye think it's your ****ing year don't ye, DON'T YE? Yer ****e, only played crap teams, lucky pens ramble ramble

Dont forget a "Not one player in the Liverpool squad would improve United" quickly followed by a combined 11 debate.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

NukaCola wrote: »
    Dont forget a "Not one player in the Liverpool squad would improve United" quickly followed by a combined 11 debate.....

They say "not one" specifically because the reality is it'd be so much more than one. They had some right to be cocky about their squad 10 years ago but it really isn't anything special now, otherwise they'd be far higher up the table.

Howard Gayle, the first black player to play for Liverpool, has an autobiography out now if someone is looking for something to get me for christmas:P

It's called '61 minutes in Munich' and looks interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/03/howard-gayle-being-liverpool-first-black-player-was-difficult

An interesting piece on different types of pressing, with Klopp, Pochettino and Mourinho included.

http://theinsidechannel.com/guide-pressing-soccer-tactics/

HG was a "respected" football hooligan in the Liverpool hooligan ranks before playing for the club, tough young lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

NukaCola wrote: »

And the equally hilarious majority Liverpool player ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I know one thing for certain, I didn't go into a United thread to say not one United player would make it into the LFC team.......IMO its a real childish thing to do........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Your absence from this thread on Saturday was felt by all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Please remind us on Monday week how bad a player Coutinho is. Please.

94bdb.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement