Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I just found it interesting on how close some of the stats were considering how poor I thought Rodgers first six months went. I agree about Klopps second season, I hope its a cracker. I don't expect another "nearly season" so soon under Klopps reign but a Top Four finish would be great.

I believe we are in the middle of one right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Really out of form sadly.

Valencia has had better form than Clyne though so it's a toss up.

Clyne does nothing spectacular but will be consistent 90% of the time.

The last few weeks he has been below par by his standards but I'm very happy we have him here.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

No, no it's really not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Really out of form sadly.

Rrrriiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhttttttttt!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I just found it interesting on how close some of the stats were considering how poor I thought Rodgers first six months went. I agree about Klopps second season, I hope its a cracker. I don't expect another "nearly season" so soon under Klopps reign but a Top Four finish would be great.

I think it's a testament to how stronger the league is now.

I saw a stat about a month ago that we had the second highest PL points since January, United top. Makes sense when you think Spurs and Arsenal threw away the league last season after Xmas, and City were shocking.

There's a top 6 with not that much between them and plenty of those outside that can take points of those top 6.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

NukaCola wrote: »
    Joe Allen can score now......

https://streamable.com/5v21

Im a big fan of Allen. Dont get why he was sold when he was flourishing. Was in good form for Liverpool, had a great Euro's.

I like Wijnaldum a lot, but Allen can feel hard done by to be replaced by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

J Mysterio wrote:

He's a bit lightweight physically and can get dispossessed too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

J Mysterio wrote:

Gini is bringing a lot of things to the table that Allen unfortunately couldn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It wasn't his first six months that were terrible just the first 4. He had the worst start to a league in 100 years or something like that.

Opening day defeat to West Brom at home.

The purchase of Couthino and Sturridge in the January transfer window turned things around very quickly and the second half of the season saw a big change in results.

In his last full season he should have gotten to the FA Cup Final. I still can't believe on of the worst Aston Villa teams of all times beat us that day.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Start of the international break, going to be like this around here for a while

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2016/10/03/3298671182639809714/636x382_MP4_3298671182639809714.mp4

Hasn't even been a week and we've hit this point!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

chicorytip wrote: »
    He's a bit lightweight physically and can get dispossessed too easily.

That was before the beard.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It wasn't his first six months that were terrible just the first 4. He had the worst start to a league in 100 years or something like that.

The purchase of Couthino and Sturridge in the January transfer window turned things around very quickly and the second half of the season saw a big change in results.

In his last full season he should have gotten to the FA Cup Final. I still can't believe on of the worst Aston Villa teams of all times beat us that day.

The defeat to West Brom on the opening day was away. I remember Agger getting sent off in the 3-0 loss and it was Sterling's first start for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Coutinho and firmino both on the scoresheet for brazil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Firmino's goal

https://streamable.com/ek8b

Coutinho's goal

https://streamable.com/6h7a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I don't like it. They need to be saving those for the Mancs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

NukaCola wrote: »

That'll be them off to Barca now....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Coutinho seems to have added goals to his games of late.

5starpool wrote: »
    The defeat to West Brom on the opening day was away. I remember Agger getting sent off in the 3-0 loss and it was Sterling's first start for us.

I was remembering it off the top of my head so got the location wrong, it was an away game.

But we were already 1-0 down when Agger got sent off and gave away a penalty.

Skrtel gave away another penalty.

Sterling was not in the match day squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The squad he inherited was ****e to be fair, bar Suarez and a declining Gerrard it was full of mediocrity. Sturridge and Coutinho for the fees remain some of the best business the club has done in recent times, that was the game changer for Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

rob316 wrote: »
    The squad he inherited was ****e to be fair, bar Suarez and a declining Gerrard it was full of mediocrity.

Jose Reina wasn't bad

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    Jose Reina wasn't bad

Johnson was in good form then. Agger and Skrtel weren't bad. Gerrard, Henderson and Lucas in midfield. Suarez as has been mentioned.

He signed Borini and Allen.

I think the start of that season depended on him getting Dempsey from Fulham. We let Carroll leave on loan before the Dempsey deal fell apart and ended up starting the season with just Suarez and Borini as the only striker options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

8-10 wrote: »
    Jose Reina wasn't bad

And he wasn't good either.

rob316 wrote: »
    And he wasn't good either.

2005-2006 Golden Glove Award, FA Cup
    2006-2007 Golden Glove Award
    2007-2008 Golden Glove Award. Hit the milestone of quickest keeper in Liverpool history to keep 50 clean sheets
    2008-2009
    2009-2010 Tied with Peter Cech for the Golden Glove Award
    2010-2011 Hit the milestone of quickest in Liverpool history to keep 100 clean sheets
    2011-2012 League Cup, broke the club record for the most clean sheets in LFC history

Judging Reina as a bad keeper based on his final season ridiculous. He won the golden glove award in 4 of his 8 seasons with Liverpool.

As previously discussed, if you want to judge Reina's poor form for Liverpool and every keeper since (Mignolet, Jones, Bogden) you should start looking at John Acterberg.

Here come the Barcelona rumours!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was remembering it off the top of my head so got the location wrong, it was an away game.

You are right about Sterling thinking on it. It was the game after this that he made his first start I think?

It was an awful performance all round, I think we'll all certainly agree on that anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Don't forget Zoltan Gera absolutely lashing one in too, distinctly remember Rodgers in the interview after saying 'The boy's hit a worldie there'

Johnson was in good form then. Agger and Skrtel weren't bad. Gerrard, Henderson and Lucas in midfield. Suarez as has been mentioned.

He signed Borini and Allen.

I think the start of that season depended on him getting Dempsey from Fulham. We let Carroll leave on loan before the Dempsey deal fell apart and ended up starting the season with just Suarez and Borini as the only striker options.

I would give my left nipple to have started this season with just those two as striking options tbh. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

0.08 so that how you pronounce his name
    We were all wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We were all wrong

Reminds me of the one against United last year in the Europa

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

We were all wrong

Flucking brilliant goal.

Love that commentary too! Your man is literally orgasm-ing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ejaria playing against Germany at 7 PM in Huddersfield U20 Four Nations tournie

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuLqwxCXYAAlMq_.jpg:large

Trent Alexander Arnold scored twice against Croatia (I think) U19s earlier

Grujic playing Ireland right now 1-2 to Serbia

Wijnaldum starts against Belarus, Origi and Mig on bench for Bosnia game, Klavan starts for Gibraltar game

We were all wrong

Only does it against the small teams

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Only does it against the small teams

Great, he's bound to score in our next game so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We were away! First League home game for BR was 2-2 draw v City

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »

gs3GTJc.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Rigobert Song R.I.P. Desperately sad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

mosstin wrote: »
    Rigobert Song R.I.P. Desperately sad news.

I just read on twitter that the original breaking news of that has been withdrawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Good. Let's hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

daithijjj wrote: »
    I just read on twitter that the original breaking news of that has been withdrawn.

Saw that on Africanewstoday.com, was deleted fairly fast and is not being mentioned anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Every Klopp era goal in competitive matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Every Klopp era goal in competitive matches

Great viewing before bed. Thanks for that.

It's funny watching Firmino having to stop himself taking off his shirt practically every time he scores...he always remembers just in time.

Saw that on Africanewstoday.com, was deleted fairly fast and is not being mentioned anywhere else.

I do try and keep up on AfricaNewsToday.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Flucking brilliant goal.

Love that commentary too! Your man is literally orgasm-ing.

I think you're doing it wrong! :pac:

Just read Milner has 52 appearances for us.

11 goals
    16 assists

Not bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Happy Klopp day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

#Klopp4TheKop

klopp-gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We all have a bad case of the Klopp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »