Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm enjoying while it is good anyhow, who knows what'll happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm enjoying while it is good anyhow, who knows what'll happen.

More like, we all know what'll happen.:o

51/2 minutes of aggravated murder at Arsenal's expense:

Seeing Coutinho's play there in 13/14, while it's good to have him as a bigger goal threat in the front three, with the options we have in front of him having him centrally surely has to be the best option, particularly with Lallana out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gbear wrote: »
    More like, we all know what'll happen.:o

Yup we are going to have a thrill ride over the next few years with Klopp as manager.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

We're gonna win the league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hearing that Pep has asked City to bring Dahoud as soon as January. Interesting, he's worth the investment.

https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/status/784427566874583040

This may not be good news for us with strong links last summer and a reportedly high level of interest in signing the player next summer:(

George "The Voice of Anfield" Sephton collapsed and was taken to hospital yesterday, but seems to be on the mend. Anfield just wouldn't be the same without George, so hoepfully he is back to full health for Monday week.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/voice-anfield-george-sephton-taken-11997374

Klopp goes crown green bowling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

51/2 minutes of aggravated murder at Arsenal's expense:

Seeing Coutinho's play there in 13/14, while it's good to have him as a bigger goal threat in the front three, with the options we have in front of him having him centrally surely has to be the best option, particularly with Lallana out.
    man sturridge could really move then compared to now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Good watch to see the change in Klopp's tactics during the past 12 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bowlardo wrote: »
    man sturridge could really move then compared to now
    Yeah, that burst of pace seems to have gone for good. Where he used to burst past players and cut in front of him now sees him level and jostling with defenders for the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah, that burst of pace seems to have gone for good. Where he used to burst past players and cut in front of him now sees him level and jostling with defenders for the ball.

Sturridge's game has never been based around pace though. He glides around and stop starts, throwing off defenders.

The two Liverpool players start for England hopefully Henderson doesn't get injured the last thing we need is another injured midfielder.

Hendo cross to Sturridge, top class header.

The Liverpool boys combine to put England 1 up now Gareth be a good man and take them off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The Liverpool boys combine to put England 1 up now Gareth be a good man and take them off.

I'm the opposite with sturridge now myself. Play him the full game. He needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite with sturridge now myself. Play him the full game. He needs it.

Once he doesn't play Tuesday aswell as we all know what will happen then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Once he doesn't play Tuesday aswell as we all know what will happen then.

I think a lot of his problems are mental myself. Needs to play through the pain barrier. Klopp will expect it from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Even the Alli goal was all about Sturridge and Henderson

I think the chaps in the studio weren't overly impressed with Sturridge or Walcott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Henderson played well by all accounts....anyone watch the full game here? How did Danny do, nice goal? Good to see him get on the scoresheet regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    Henderson played well by all accounts....anyone watch the full game here? How did Danny do, nice goal? Good to see him get on the scoresheet regardless.

Henderson was really excellent although the quality of the opposition has to be taken into account. His willingness, though, to be the main man was very apparent. He was constantly on the ball, passing was largely excellent and his cross from Sturridge's goal was wonderful.
    Sturridge was well involved in the first 45, seemed to tire and was replaced by Vardy after 70 minutes. Looked pretty sharp though.
    I just want everyone to get through next week's internationals with a clean bill of health.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

ricero wrote: »

Very interesting to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Mané, apparently, impressive in Senegal's win this evening. Has come through it unscathed also.

ricero wrote: »

After about 15 minutes I had to stop as that looped bed of music was driving me nuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I remember the last few mins of the EL final. Sturridge was tired but it looked like to me he did not want to risk pulling his hamstring while Sevilla's defender made up about 5 yards on him in a sprint to the ball. Very frustating.

Any teams coming to Anfield will park the bus and bypass their own defenders and CMs with hoofball you'd imagine. Playing it out from the back is just playing to our strenghts.

Not having a go at Utd (honestly) but if Jose does anything else Monday week I'd be amazed, especially when you could perhaps say our defence and GK wouldn't be impenetrable on most match days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Augeo wrote: »
    Any teams coming to Anfield will park the bus and bypass their own defenders and CMs with hoofball you'd imagine. Playing it out from the back is just playing to our strenghts.

Not having a go at Utd (honestly) but if Jose does anything else Monday week I'd be amazed, especially when you could perhaps say our defence and GK wouldn't be impenetrable on most match days.

Mourinho will do same as he did when his Chelsea side tripped us up for the title that time, everyone back, try to break the game up and quieten down the crowd.

It's a Monday night floodlights game so the atmosphere should be electric and his first aim wil be to take the sting out of that.

Keep it 0-0 til half time and then get a bit braver 2nd half, use Fellaini as a target to bypass our pressure and also try to nick one from a set piece.

Hell, that's not just Mourinho, that's what I would do against us.

The thing about us these days under Klopp is that we don't really mind all that.
    We'll play our game and if we get it right, we'll win.
    That must be a great feeling for a player, he's trusting us to win it rather than worrying about someone winning it for the opponent.

I think we'll beat them.

There's no way we aren't getting at least one goal against United, park the bus or not.......that United defence is as shaky as ours.

I mean, if anyone can do it I guess Mourinho can put a plan together but I'm fairly confident we'll get at least one, but I'd also be fairly pessimistic about us keeping a clean sheet.......should be a good game...

Goal here if anyones interested

• Advertisement

There's no way we aren't getting at least one goal against United, park the bus or not.......that United defence is as shaky as ours.

I mean, if anyone can do it I guess Mourinho can put a plan together but I'm fairly confident we'll get at least one, but I'd also be fairly pessimistic about us keeping a clean sheet.......should be a good game...

It's sort of the usual ..... we need to get a goal to get anything from the game as we don't seem to keep clean sheets.

With Utd though, they'll be possibly the best team we've faced who might go really defensive tactically.

I think it's intriguing, I'm not overly bothered about the result in the greater scheme of things as we're putting everyone else away once they have a go at us and allow us to counter press etc etc.

I do think we are very getatable though. We just haven't seen any team get at us yet this season.

It's sort of the usual ..... we need to get a goal to get anything from the game as we don't seem to keep clean sheets.

With Utd though, they'll be possibly the best team we've faced who might go really defensive tactically.

I think it's intriguing, I'm not overly bothered about the result in the greater scheme of things as we're putting everyone else away once they have a go at us and allow us to counter press etc etc.

I do think we are very getatable though. We just haven't seen any team get at us yet this season.

Yea, apart from Arsenal first half I think we probably dominated every game, Spurs probably just about held their own against us too.

I'm not sure United will do a full Burnley but I would hope we'll handle it better. Personally I think its a bit dangerous to leave us have a lot of the ball and sit back, sure it can be done but I'm not sure Mourinho has that yet with his team, they haven't been very solid at the back when needed but at the same time we haven't seen United going fully defensive against anyone this season.

Its a game where Klopp needs to get the tactics right from the start and his in game management needs to be spot on.

I dont see us keeping a clean sheet though and I'd be happy with a point now being honest.

Coutinho, Lallana & Lovren all to be offered new contracts in today's papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Weird place to offer them contracts.

Ye we all know contracts aren't worth the papers they are written on anyway.

Good news - Luis Suarez release clause is only £172 million, swap Coutinho plus £100 cash. With minus £4m in net spending last summer it should be possible!

http://www.90min.com/posts/3905599-revealed-the-release-clause-of-every-barcelona-player-ranked-from-lowest-to-highest?a_aid=40700

Contracts mean more cash when they are sold.

Coutinho is our number 1 asset and will probably be gone with 18 months I'd imagine

With lallana & Loren I imagine it's a case of them being considered good enough even as squad options for an LFC in Europe.... they both cost a bit so wouldn't be great seeing them leave on free transfers or for paltry amounts in a few years.

With coutinho it's really about protecting the value of an asset to ensure like Sterling & Suarez we get serious cash if he does leave.

I reckon he would prefer to be playing 100% #10 too rather than in a front 3 but it's no doubt not bothering him yet.

Players don;t care where they play if the team is a winning one - you can sure Milner didn't volunteer to play at left back but he'll not complain if it's working for him (playing every week adding assists and goals) and the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Good news - Luis Suarez release clause is only £172 million, swap Coutinho plus £100 cash. With minus £4m in net spending last summer it should be possible!

http://www.90min.com/posts/3905599-revealed-the-release-clause-of-every-barcelona-player-ranked-from-lowest-to-highest?a_aid=40700

Arsenal to offer £172,000,001?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Daily reader but don't post too much... Might not be the correct forum but looking to pick up 2 tickets to the away game at Palace..

Im gonna go down either way but if if anyone knows an easier way of sourcing tickets feel free to reach out..

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Contracts mean more cash when they are sold.

Coutinho is our number 1 asset and will probably be gone with 18 months I'd imagine

Firmino would be a greater loss.
    Players don;t care where they play if the team is a winning one - you can sure Milner didn't volunteer to play at left back but he'll not complain if it's working for him (playing every week adding assists and goals) and the team.

I think they do, Milner left City to play CM for Liverpool. You can be sure Milner would rather be playing in midfield than at left wing back.

I can appreciate how you think otherwise & we won't agree.

Milner left City to play games first and foremost - I can appreciate how you think otherwise & we won't agree. ;)

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Arsenal to offer £172,000,001?

It's Arsenal your are talking about it would be more like £172.01 they would offer.

Oh Harry..... feeble stuff old boy.
    With milner it was all about CM.... it hasn't worked out for him but it's worked out for LFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Milner left City to play games first and foremost - I can appreciate how you think otherwise & we won't agree. ;)
    probably wanted to play in front a full stadium too

I don't think there's anyone in the squad we couldn't replace.

It was Suarez and some minnows before.
    Now we've got a squad of good lads but none are absolute world beaters and, as with Mane, Firmino, Can and so on, we've shown we can sign players at a certain age and profile where they shouldn't take too long to start producing the level we want.

Suarez was almost too good a signing for us at the time, given what a dreadful team he arrived in. Building around him was the only option and it left us vulernable to his departure.

That's not really how it is anymore.

Even the lineup is telling. Say Coutinho is tired after the international break and Lallana isn't fit.. no worries.

Firmino-Sturridge-Mane
    Hendo----Wijnaldum
    Can

is perfectly satisfactory.

......arguably better IMO

......arguably better IMO

Against Utd, quite possibly.

I would want the extra firepower against a weaker team.

It made that 13/14 team all the more impressive that there was no plan b, we never really tailored our approach and it demolished nearly everyone.

It took optimum Mourinho bus-parking to eventually stem the tide.

There's no question in my mind that having that versatility is better though - both as I said with handling losses to injury or player sales, and in how we can approach different games.

Say Coutinho is tired after the international break and Lallana isn't fit.. no worries.

Firmino-Sturridge-Mane
    Hendo----Wijnaldum
    Can

is perfectly satisfactory.

Firmino is making the same trip he could be just as tired as Coutinho.

Firmino would be a bigger loss than Coutinho for me.

If Firmino and Lallana are out we have no one to lead the press.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement