Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Firmino is making the same trip he could be just as tired as Coutinho.

Firmino would be a bigger loss than Coutinho for me.

If Firmino and Lallana are out we have no one to lead the press.

I just think he's more robust than Phil.

Even then, you could move Wijnaldum further forward with Lucas filling in behind, bring Origi in, Ings has been doing well.

In any event I'd be fairly content.
    It mighn't be optimal and might struggle over the course of a season, but particulary when you take games like Utd and set them apart it'd be more like a cup tie and I'd still expect us to get the win one way or another.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Firmino is making the same trip he could be just as tired as Coutinho.

Firmino would be a bigger loss than Coutinho for me.

If Firmino and Lallana are out we have no one to lead the press.

They will be back Thursday I'd imagine, the game is on Monday night, there should be no reason not to play them unless they are injured or Klopp decides on a different team. I can't see either not picked if fit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Excellent, thought-provoking piece on safe standing on the Guardian website. It does seem as if the argument in favour of a gradual introduction of safe standing sections is growing.
    Personally - and I'm probably in a minority here given the emotive nature of the discussion on Merseyside - I think that it makes sense even if we weren't to see it at Anfield.
    I was at the Leicester match recently, right next to the away fans and they stood throughout the match, to the chagrin of the stewards and they in turn became irritated by the stewarding. Standing in a seated area is probably a danger in itself.
    How do others see it?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mosstin wrote: »
    Excellent, thought-provoking piece on safe standing on the Guardian website. It does seem as if the argument in favour of a gradual introduction of safe standing sections is growing.
    Personally - and I'm probably in a minority here given the emotive nature of the discussion on Merseyside - I think that it makes sense even if we weren't to see it at Anfield.
    I was at the Leicester match recently, right next to the away fans and they stood throughout the match, to the chagrin of the stewards and they in turn became irritated by the stewarding. Standing in a seated area is probably a danger in itself.
    How do others see it?

I'm in favour of it for a multitude of reasons. Not likely to happen at Anfield anytime soon though even if it was to be allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Coutinho, Lallana & Lovren all to be offered new contracts in today's papers.
    There was talk, in the Express I think, that PSG were looking for Coutinho last Summer and had a £22m bid turned down late in the window. Emery is supposed to be looking for him to provide the ammunition for their forwards.

Probably just looking to improve his contract situation from the clubs point of view and Coutinhos too.
    alan kelly wrote: »
    Daily reader but don't post too much... Might not be the correct forum but looking to pick up 2 tickets to the away game at Palace..

Im gonna go down either way but if if anyone knows an easier way of sourcing tickets feel free to reach out..
    You could try the Liverpool ticket thread, better chance there I reckon.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055679049

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Augeo wrote: »
    Firmino would be a greater loss.

I think they do, Milner left City to play CM for Liverpool. You can be sure Milner would rather be playing in midfield than at left wing back.

I can appreciate how you think otherwise & we won't agree.

If you were to look at a heat map for Milner at left back you would see he plays mostly in a left midfield role and further forward. Best of both worlds , he plays every game and gets that huge involvement in games.
    IN a 4-4-2 that would be different but in a 4-3-3 he is very much in midfield role most of the time. Henderson offers that protection for both full backs to go forward.
    I'm sure Milner is happy with this role. Klopp always mentions it that the set up means little in play.
    Mane and Coutinho drop deep without ball, looks like a 4-5-1 at that point.
    In play it's very much
    2-1-4-3 or without ball 4-5-1 we have no one ball watching when ball is out of their starting position .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There was talk, in the Express I think, that PSG were looking for Coutinho last Summer and had a £22m bid turned down late in the window. Emery is supposed to be looking for him to provide the ammunition for their forwards.

Emery could be out of job by the next transfer window the way things are going for him at the moment.

I would imagine the new contracts are rewards for all the players for their improvement under Klopp and also to stick in better conditions for the club if offers come in for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

There was talk, in the Express I think, that PSG were looking for Coutinho last Summer and had a £22m bid turned down

22 mill for Coutinho? Jesus that was an insult if true. I wouldn't sell him for 3 times that personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

mosstin wrote: »
    How do others see it?

I'm 100% in favour of safe standing and it absolutely should be introduced into the English game. The ineptitude of the South Yorkshire police and the general treatment of football fans back in the day shouldn't be an obstacle or reason as to why football fans can't be allowed to stand at games in the 21st century.

New contracts don't mean a lot. Suarez had a new deal just before he was sold. Getting a player to sign a contract with a huge buy out clause is difficult ? Would Coutinho sign such a contract , we tend to undervalue our players. Coutinho is more valuable in a team than Pogba in my opinion. Allen got the best of Pogba ffs . At end of this season Couthino is worth 100m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

New contracts don't mean a lot. Suarez had a new deal just before he was sold. Getting a player to sign a contract with a huge buy out clause is difficult ? Would Coutinho sign such a contract , we tend to undervalue our players. Coutinho is more valuable in a team than Pogba in my opinion. Allen got the best of Pogba ffs . At end of this season Couthino is worth 100m

I think the fees we received for our squad players in the summer shows the club are no longer undervaluing our players... Highly doubt Coutinho will be worth 100m, if we were to sell him id imagine we'd get between 45m-60m.

Hoki wrote: »
    I think the fees we received for our squad players in the summer shows the club are no longer undervaluing our players... Highly doubt Coutinho will be worth 100m, if we were to sell him id imagine we'd get between 45m-60m.

If Higuain is going for €90m I would be wanting close to that for Coutinho or Firmino to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

If Higuain is going for €90m I would be wanting close to that for Coutinho or Firmino to be honest.

Napoli had Juve bent over a barrell with that one. Selling their best player to one of their main title rivals after a record breaking season goal wise. If we were to sell Coutinho I doubt it will be to another PL club and I just can't see him having that Suarezesque type season that would elevate him in to the bracket north of £60m.

Hoki wrote: »
    Napoli had Juve bent over a barrell with that one. Selling their best player to one of their main title rivals after a record breaking season goal wise. If we were to sell Coutinho I doubt it will be to another PL club and I just can't see him having that Suarezesque type season that would elevate him in to the bracket north of £60m.

It's not even to do with what kind of season our players have once they are tied down to long contracts we don't have to sell anymore with tv money and with transfer fee inflation going the way it's going.

If one of the top three teams Barca, Madrid or Munich want one of our players they will have to pay top dollar/euro/pound for them.

Also Brexit may play apart in transfer fees out of and into England going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

22 mill for Coutinho? Jesus that was an insult if true. I wouldn't sell him for 3 times that personally.
    It was £22.5m so all's well:)

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/718922/PSG-Liverpool-Jurgen-Klopp-Philippe-Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

In general, the value of a player has more to do with how much someone will pay than actual talent........

A bid of 22.5M looks ridiculous when we got 15M for Ibe, but when it comes to selling, we'd probably get far more from an English/Chinese team for Coutinho than elsewhere at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The worst way to value a player is by saying but such and such cost x amount, so simplistic. Lots of other factors to be considered.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

https://twitter.com/ynwagram/status/785156702513598464

Glad he's gone tbh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Been some more links to Dahoud in January would be a great signing if we could get him ahead of City.
    Sule too would be a great signing too.

• Advertisement

Never liked him anyway.

The Welsh version of Ronnie Whelan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

At least ronnie was good though

redzerdrog wrote: »
    At least ronnie was good though

Shots fired!!

Ronnie Whelan was a great player and I'd love to have a player of his level in the team now and for Ireland.

It's just a pity he is so bitter now towards football in general.

I'd love to see what kind of transfer fees Ronnie and the rest of the players in the Liverpool teams he played in would command in this market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

NukaCola wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

https://twitter.com/ynwagram/status/785156702513598464

Glad he's gone tbh :p

I'm sure we can forgive him for scoring that goal.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

NukaCola wrote: »

Milner penalty (how else!), Can, Ings x2 and Yan Dhanda with the goals

Ronnie Whelan was a great player and I'd love to have a player of his level in the team now and for Ireland.

It's just a pity he is so bitter now towards football in general.

I'd love to see what kind of transfer fees Ronnie and the rest of the players in the Liverpool teams he played in would command in this market.

Well if Higuain was €90m and Coutinho is worth more than that, I'd have to imagine John Barnes costing somewhere in the region of One Billion dollars.

Insert pic of bald dude with his pinky in his mouth!

Fan made from the official Liverpool twitter

The Main Man.

CuVqN_SWcAA52bi.jpg

pew%20pew.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

We're still eating breakfast. Come back later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A happy thread is a quiet thread or it's international break time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

No posts today, Strange !!!!!

Very, I went looking for the next superthread twice today thinking this one was retired.

Hope everyone is ok. :pac:

I have to work during the United game :(:(

For the Europa league final someone here posted a brilliant link to a stream of the full match or highlights for delayed coverage, not live[hope this is ok mods!].

The game was split up into 1st half, 2nd half or highlights. You just clicked on the embedded link and it streamed in very high quality. It was up when I checked maybe 2 or 3 hours after the game.

I'll be settling down to watch our comprehensive victory at around midnight.

Does anyone know the site? Tried digging around the old superthread but no joy.

Posts in the Liverpool Superthread more scarce today than sightings of those stalking creepy clowns popping up all around the world.

Looking forward to seeing Wijnaldum play against France tonight.

In other News Ryan Giggs today has ruled out ever managing Liverpool. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

tinpib wrote: »
    Very, I went looking for the next superthread twice today thinking this one was retired.

For the Europa league final someone here posted a brilliant link to a stream of the full match or highlights for delayed coverage, not live[hope this is ok mods!].

The game was split up into 1st half, 2nd half or highlights. You just clicked on the embedded link and it streamed in very high quality. It was up when I checked maybe 2 or 3 hours after the game.

Always find something here.

http://www.footballorgin.com/category/full-match/

http://www.footballorgin.com/epl-swansea-city-vs-liverpool-full-match-replay/

Or on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/

1459502264_6077081b11_z.jpg?zz=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

D'Studge with some posts on Instagram about having "Faith"

Make of that what you will on this boring international week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

tinpib wrote: »

I'm in the same boat. Will finish up work as the game is ending, quick dinner then hopefully get a spoiler-free video of the full match. Reddit is good for links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Posts in the Liverpool Superthread more scarce today than sightings of those stalking creepy clowns popping up all around the world.

Looking forward to seeing Wijnaldum play against France tonight.

In other News Ryan Giggs today has ruled out ever managing Liverpool. lol
    Lovren must be happy about that. Don't need Giggsy sniffing about.

Vicxas wrote: »

I dont use instagram, but if I was following a footballer on it and they're posting stuff like "Thank you god for blessing me much more than I deserve" and "God is calling you to Believe" I dont know why you'd bother following tbh.......I'd be expecting training pics or pics on the bus/plane after the game and such.......each to their own I suppose.....

• Advertisement

So the today we are linked with Niklas Sule, Michael Keane & Geoffrey Kondogbia in the January transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So the today we are linked with Niklas Sule, Michael Keane & Geoffrey Kondogbia in the January transfer window.

Doesn't surprise me, Klopp loves tall men.

No, really: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3808644/Jurgen-Klopp-s-answer-Liverpool-s-problem-conceding-goals-set-pieces-Make-players-taller.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What idiot asked Giggs if he'd ever manage Liverpool? Junk headline creator, right there. Bottom of the barrel stuff.

Kondogbia has to be signed - another player for whom a song is almost impossible :D

Vicxas wrote: »

How do you mean make of that what you will? It's well known that he's a Christian. This is not news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Kondogbia has to be signed - another player for whom a song is almost impossible :D

Who let the Kondogbia out ?
    Who , Who, who, who ?

He is better than Pogba
    Who , who , who, who ?

8-10 wrote: »
    How do you mean make of that what you will? It's well known that he's a Christian. This is not news

Exactly, some people can't seem to deal with that fact either. Who gives a fck who or what Sturridge worships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Origi seems to do that blessing and crossing his hands mallarky too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Exactly, some people can't seem to deal with that fact either. Who gives a fck who or what Sturridge worships.

For some reason it's only him. When Klopp talks about his faith nobody is on here criticizing.

• Advertisement

Exactly, some people can't seem to deal with that fact either.

Like who? I'd be very surprised if anyone on boards really cared about it being honest.....
    8-10 wrote: »
    For some reason it's only him. When Klopp talks about his faith nobody is on here criticizing.

What criticising?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement