Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I have no problem with a player expressing their faith. Not sure why it seems to be frowned upon on this thread at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I just wish they'd all get off social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Imagine if Sturridge and Katie Taylor became an item!

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and faith, have no problem with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

NukaCola wrote: »
    What criticising?

My bad, frowning upon. This isn't the first time it's been brought up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

8-10 wrote: »
    My bad, frowning upon. This isn't the first time it's been brought up.

I've said before I dont care who believes what and I dont think many do being honest.

All I was saying was if I was following any footballer on social media I'd rather see stuff about football so I wouldn't follow them if I had to watch them talk/post about God/Politics/Advertising etc etc......He has a right to believe and post what he wants though, I just wouldn't be interested in it....hardly frowning upon, if you were referring to me that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

MD1990 wrote: »
    Not sure why it seems to be frowned upon on this thread at times.

Is it though? It hasn't today at all IMO......if it has before I cant remember it being a widespread thing, open to correction though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

haha, thread is dead so lads find something to argue about to keep it active

:pac::pac:enjoy the peace boys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Let's be honest here nobody cares what religious beliefs a player has(I hope), the only reason it keeps coming up on this thread is because it's a stick to beat the much maligned Danny Sturridge with, plenty of other players express religious beliefs on the pitch but when Danny raises those fingers to salute the big man as he enters the field or if he thanks him for the goals he scores or if he tweets about it then it's posted on here but like I say that's mainly just people looking to moan about Sturridge than religion bashing (I hope)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I say the same any time I see any footballer with the whole religion shtick. I've said it in the past about Sterling, Ojo, Ejaria. It just happens that Sturridge does it more often than anyone else connected with Liverpool.

To pretend it is just cause it is Sturridge is pretty ridiculous.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    I say the same any time I see any footballer with the whole religion shtick. I've said it in the past about Sterling, Ojo, Ejaria. It just happens that Sturridge does it more often than anyone else connected with Liverpool.

To pretend it is'nt just cause it is Sturridge is pretty ridiculous.

Will have to disagree on that one, no big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mane's Deity seems to be doing wonders for him maybe a few of the others might try switching to his to see if they have better luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bang them in for Jesus, Allah, Kelly Brook. Whatever works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mane's Deity seems to be doing wonders for him maybe a few of the others might try switching to his to see if they have better luck.

Saint Mary she's called, also responsible for Lallana's great form.

Will have to disagree on that one, no big deal.

I've probably been one of the more vocal people giving out about the privileged millionaire footballers praising their god for helping them do good things with their life/career specifically. Do you think I'm biased against Sturridge? I know there are a few people on here (Agent Coulsen and Turtyturd spring to mind) who are pretty anti Sturridge, but to suggest that anyone who mentions it is doing so because they have something against Sturridge is just a ridiculous assertion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I am glad we finally have something to talk about.

Thank God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Only 7 days to football again lads.

HOLD ON!!!

5starpool wrote: »
    I've probably been one of the more vocal people giving out about the privileged millionaire footballers praising their god for helping them do good things with their life/career specifically. Do you think I'm biased against Sturridge? I know there are a few people on here (Agent Coulsen and Turtyturd spring to mind) who are pretty anti Sturridge, but to suggest that anyone who mentions it is doing so because they have something against Sturridge is just a ridiculous assertion.

I have no idea if you're biased against Sturridge,you say you're not and I've no reason to doubt you, I never said you personally had a problem with him. You are implying in your post that you're an equal opportunities hater of people conveying their religious beliefs in the sports arena, so why would you feel the need to be one of the more vocal about this topic on a sports forum?

The brothers of chuckle who you mention are more in line with who I was talking about yes and I didn't say everyone who posts about it has a problem with Sturridge, I'd say the majority of it stems from it though.

Personally I'm not religious at all, so I don't have a horse in this race at all, so I think any player is entitled to do/say/act how they like and a sports forum is definitely not a place to be talking religion, last I'll say on the matter, good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

martyos121 wrote: »
    Saint Mary she's called, also responsible for Lallana's great form.

Any update on lallana s injury

Anthony Taylor named as ref for the Monday night game.

He's from Manchester thought doesn't support either Utd or City.

But still he from Manchester.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-v-man-utd-referee-12004563

• Advertisement

Personally I'm not religious at all, so I don't have a horse in this race at all, so I think any player is entitled to do/say/act how they like and a sports forum is definitely not a place to be talking religion, last I'll say on the matter, good day.

They are of course entitled to, but it annoys me. Given that they are entitled to say what they want on the matter, then I am also free to think of them as at best annoying, at worst disingenuous and hypocritical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

sword1 wrote: »
    Any update on lallana s injury

Apparently he was going great in training over the weekend but was then hit by a bad case of stigmata.

mosstin wrote: »
    Apparently he was going great in training over the weekend but was then hit by a bad case of stigmata.

Lucky it wasn't Sturridge that got hit by it then only his God would know how long he'd be out for then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mosstin wrote: »

Is that when you get Juan hole in each hand and they sell you to a rival team? That's rough.

Henderson named as England captain for there game tomorrow.

Wijnaldum has possibly suffered a hamstring injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Emre can come in then

MD1990 wrote: »
    Wijnaldum has possibly suffered a hamstring injury.

Oh for Pete's sake a bit of a downer for my first smartphone reply!

If Lallana isn't fit to play then I assume Coutinho will drop back a bit and Sturridge will come in up top. Hopefully no more injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Wouldn't it be brilliant to batter the bollox out of utd and set down a real marker. Haven't been this excited about the future since the rafa days. Coming second was great but you knew it was built on suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

niallo27 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be brilliant to batter the bollox out of utd and set down a real marker. Haven't been this excited about the future since the rafa days. Coming second was great but you knew it was built on suarez.

A real marker for what? Europa League :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

emmetkenny wrote: »
    A real marker for what? Europa League :pac:

Ah no utd are still a big team even though they look average enough in the last few weeks. A big win would mean liverpool mean buisness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/785572736915603456

Gigi off for Holland with a hamstring injury.

Bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

We really didnt need this feckin international break.

Ejaria scored his first international goal tonight against the USA in a friendly. Brooks Lennon was playing for the Yanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

J Mysterio wrote: »
    We really didnt need this feckin international break.

Yes, I'm seriously pissed off by this Wijnaldum news, fcking International football, a load of bollix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Delighted for Hendo, he'll make a fine captain. Couldn't think of someone in the side that deserves it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

So the today we are linked with Niklas Sule, Michael Keane & Geoffrey Kondogbia in the January transfer window.

Would love Niklas Sule. He is gonna be a beast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

NukaCola wrote: »
    I've said before I dont care who believes what and I dont think many do being honest.

I'd probably take the piss out of a footballing Scientologist.

• Advertisement

Another major deal done Liverpool sign a 3 year Global partnership with Malaysia Airlines.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/239008-lfc-signs-global-partnership-with-malaysia-airlines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Kondogbia has to be signed - another player for whom a song is almost impossible :D

Kloppo's gonna sign young Geoffrey from Inter
    So that our back four can be saved
    Oh, oh,
    Kondogbia

Philipe Coutinho, Bobby Firmino
    Sturridge, Mane, all will be fed
    Oh, oh
    Kondogbia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/785572736915603456

Gigi off for Holland with a hamstring injury.

Bugger.

Wait for the "Klopps training methods" being the cause!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Lucky it wasn't Sturridge that got hit by it then only his God would know how long he'd be out for then.

Until Easter.

Jamie Carragher and Jamie Redknapp pick there Liverpool 11 from the PL era.

carragher-redknapp-liverpool-XI.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/jamie-carragher-jamie-redknapp-pick-7987248

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Jamie Carragher and Jamie Redknapp pick there Liverpool 11 from the PL era.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/jamie-carragher-jamie-redknapp-pick-7987248

I presume Antonio Nunez is first sub???

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kfallon wrote: »
    I presume Antonio Nunez is first sub???

Doni is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think they picked a very good team there. Rob Jones was undoubtedly the best full back for Liverpool when he was fit but he didn't play that long in the Premier league iirc. I think I'd pick Finnan ahead of him but I couldn't really argue with any selections made there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think they picked a very good team there. Rob Jones was undoubtedly the best full back for Liverpool when he was fit but he didn't play that long in the Premier league iirc. I think I'd pick Finnan ahead of him but I couldn't really argue with any selections made there.

Jones was a regular until 1996 really. It was from then on injuries hammered him. He played his last Liverpool game in February 1998 and joined West Ham after.

I don't remember him very clearly as I was too young but I'd have Finnan in that side too, for sure.

I know we all love Riise, too, but the fact that we never had a better LB than him in the PL speaks volumes...

Hard to argue with the rest, really.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement