Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

NukaCola wrote: »
    If this was FM2016 and I really wanted him I'd finalise a deal and loan him back for the season........win/win.....:D

Tbf, if this was FM2016, we could probably engineer some bizarre swap deal involving about 5 of our players.

So if they want Ilori, Alberto, Markovic, Balotelli and Wisdom, we're laughing all the way to the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

s.welstead wrote: »
    Did he save the link in his favourites a year ago hoping for something like this going forward? Some sort of photographic memory?
    I'd understand posting it in the Utd thread, the humour thread or even creating a new thread and discussing managerial hypocrisy. Instead though he hides it in here to get a few sniggers and imo just seems so small time. Like look at us we're still relevant, our manager is better than theirs.
    I don't know, maybe it's just me?:)

What exactly is the point of your posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Have you seen him play by any chance? He is highly rated but I dont really see why......then again I'm not a scout or anything :pac:

Not really. I've watched a few Gladbach games that he was playing in, but I wasn't really taking much notice of him, being honest. Not enough to formulate an opinion anyway!

I had thought at first that Buford's post was on about signing him this summer for 10m, which after the sale of Xhaka, I couldn't see Gladbach remotely entertaining. Makes more sense now that I know of the supposed release clause next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I don't know, maybe it's just me?:)

You are looking too much into it IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Milkers wrote: »
    What exactly is the point of your posts?

To stop fans of other clubs laughing at the sheer hypocrisy of the two-faced, woman hating, conspiracy spreading, money-bags manager in charge of United.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dahoud was this summer or never as if other sides came in for him next summer we'd be in trouble.
    But after we signed Wijnaldum I doubt we'll even bid for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Spend the 30m we get for Benteke on Ricardo Rodriguez.
    Come on Jurgen, make it happen !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool star’s move to European giants breaks down, says sporting director.
    “We are no longer pursuing Lucas Leiva, we will continue efforts to sign alternative names instead,” Nazifoglu was quoted as saying by Turkish-football.com.

http://www.turkish-football.com/liverpool-stars-lucas-leiva-move-to-european-giants-galatasaray-breaks-down-says-sporting-director/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I second a vote for Ricardo Rodriguez. C'mon Benteke money....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Meh, i'm sure its just a ploy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I've no idea why anyone would go to Turkey, to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if Lucas wasn't too keen on moving there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maybe Klopp has decided to keep him and told him so, then again who'd sign for a Turkish club right now esp if they could sign elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bild in germany is reporting that we are back in for dahoud as are juventus. Fee reported to be 30 million euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The story yesterday was that Liverpool had agreed to the transfer, but Lucas asked for another day to consider the move. Obviously himself and his family weren't that keen to move to Turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I find it funny that a man of Lucas's ability would end up in Turkey as he enters his prime, he's peaking now. The next 3 seasons will see him at his best.
    Could move to Spain or Italy. He's ideal for Italian football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

ricero wrote: »
    Bild in germany is reporting that we are back in for dahoud as are juventus. Fee reported to be 30 million euros

Can never remember, is it Bild or Kicker that are the reliable ones over there? One is like a rag and the other is reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

joe123 wrote: »
    Can never remember, is it Bild or Kicker that are the reliable ones over there? One is like a rag and the other is reliable.

süddeutsche zeitung?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Talisman wrote: »
    The story yesterday was that Liverpool had agreed to the transfer, but Lucas asked for another day to consider the move. Obviously himself and his family weren't that keen to move to Turkey.

Lucas shows where Turkey is on a map to his family, and points to Syria and Iraq next door...

"Yeh - fook that!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

rob316 wrote: »
    Lads Mourinho is best ignored, he is the king of trolls and WUMS

It's unbelievable really, as he's totally unsuited to Manchester United fans.

• Advertisement

Looks like Lucas said ''no thanks''

Kicker are better Bild is the Bayern rag really.

The story is that an offer is on the table but Dahoud has yet to commit, so he could go for as little as 10m next summer. They play the CL qualifier against Young Boys next week/week after should they lose that (unlikely) and he still hasn't signed you'd have to fancy a few offers will come in for him.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    It's unbelievable really, as he's totally unsuited to Manchester United fans.

3rd non football playing manager since Alex left
    Moyes sacked for way he played
    Van Gal sacked for way he plays
    Mourinho worst of lot in terms of this
    So many buses to park so little time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Talisman wrote: »
    Too far away from London, I suppose:pac:

Kicker are better Bild is the Bayern rag really.

The story is that an offer is on the table but Dahoud has yet to commit, so he could go for as little as 10m next summer. They play the CL qualifier against Young Boys next week/week after should they lose that (unlikely) and he still hasn't signed you'd have to fancy a few offers will come in for him.

I always found that name funny for a club
    I see so many bumper stickers '' I love Liverpool''
    Do they have the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I find it funny that a man of Lucas's ability would end up in Turkey as he enters his prime, he's peaking now. The next 3 seasons will see him at his best.
    Peaking, best yet to come? :eek: I am sorry to say, but it's only downhill for him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

He peaked just before his injury a few years ago and has been nowhere near that level since. Still a good player but never reached those heights again unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

If Benteke is sold (along with Lucas who is apparently off tomorrow in all likelihood) then that'll be 33-35 million quid to play with, it would be folly not to spend a decent part of that on a left back and maybe an ankle biter who we have never even heard of from east Europe.

Readers will be thrilled to learn I'll be doing a loan watch for the season - but as there is a game for one not until tomorrow (Lloyd Jones at Swindon) I'll update then :)

Jack Dunn (on loan at Morecambe) scored a hat-trick last night in the league cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Tusky wrote: »
    He peaked just before his injury a few years ago and has been nowhere near that level since. Still a good player but never reached those heights again unfortunately.

Yeah that's pretty much it for me too. The important thing is the "still a good player" bit though. As well as the fact that he's a defensive central midfielder who protects the back 4, which is a big weak point in our squad at the mo imo.

I wouldn't necessarily mind him moving on IF we were bringing in another quality DCM but at present that does't look to be the case.
    So I'd be happier to keep him unless something changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Echo hinting that Lucas is staying.

• Advertisement

Lucas along with Sturridge can be good bit part players for us this season I think.

Lucas along with Sturridge can be good bit part players for us this season I think.

the-ooh-box.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would keep Lucas. He is still a good DM & is still underrated. Lucas was our best player in the League Cup final . Toure was our best player in the EL final. We need some experience.

His injuries have hampered him from what he was back in 2011 where he was really outstanding but he is still our best midfielder in winning duels (tackles & headers especially). He also seems to be a great character around the squad. I would only sell if he wanted to leave for 1st team football.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

s.welstead - If you want to see how welcome that post would have been in the utd thread, see the responses in here to your post as they would have been about the same level of engagement.

It is not a good thing that in general it is this difficult to 'cross the tracks' so to speak, but it is a reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Just to add to the Mourinho hypocrisy, he said he'd follow the United tradition of bringing through youth. First transfer window he buys Bailly for 30 million and sells McNair, a youth player that Van Gaal was bringing through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah that's pretty much it for me too. The important thing is the "still a good player" bit though. As well as the fact that he's a defensive central midfielder who protects the back 4, which is a big weak point in our squad at the mo imo.

I wouldn't necessarily mind him moving on IF we were bringing in another quality DCM but at present that does't look to be the case.
    So I'd be happier to keep him unless something changes.

As somebody who has called for a top DCM for years I've just accepted this Summer we just aren't going to sign one. Just doesn't seem to be on our radar and that seems to have continued under Klopp, not seen as a top priority anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    s.welstead - If you want to see how welcome that post would have been in the utd thread, see the responses in here to your post as they would have been about the same level of engagement.

It is not a good thing that in general it is this difficult to 'cross the tracks' so to speak, but it is a reality.

We all know what Jose is like. Best to ignore him this year which means missing out on a lot of media coverage!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

flyfishing1.jpg

5starpool wrote: »

As asinine questions go, I thought it got remarkably polite answers.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    flyfishing1.jpg

Expecting anything more than bit part impacts from two proven injury prone players isn't really fishing now is it.

Expecting anything more than bit part impacts from two proven injury prone players isn't really fishing now is it.

Depends on the fisheys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

YESSS!!!

(Reads story)

Oh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Just to add to the Mourinho hypocrisy, he said he'd follow the United tradition of bringing through youth. First transfer window he buys Bailly for 30 million and sells McNair, a youth player that Van Gaal was bringing through.

Serious question.

If Jose does not keep and play all products of the United academy, he is a hypocrite?

Because that, for all intents and purposes, is what you are saying with the above statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Serious question.

If Jose does not keep and play all products of the United academy, he is a hypocrite?

Because that, for all intents and purposes, is what you are saying with the above statement.

Mourinho is a hypocrite anyway though......to say he isn't would be biased.......the poster said to "add to his hypocrisy", not that failing to bring all the youth through is the only thing that makes him a hypocrite.

Also, just to add, if the players aren't good enough Mourinho should not have to pander to the "United tradition" of bringing through the youth, whatever that means......I know little about Uniteds youth academy but its hardly the conveyor belt or talent it once was....maybe it is I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

As asinine questions go, I thought it got remarkably polite answers.

Such a welcoming bunch really. I question the childish nature of a post and this is the kind of response I get. Cool, nice to know the level of some posters in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Such a welcoming bunch really. I question the childish nature of a post and this is the kind of response I get. Cool, nice to know the level of some posters in here.

You have the exact same on the other side its just that you more than likely agree with them so it doesn't bother you or you don't flag it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

You have the exact same on the other side its just that you more than likely agree with them so it doesn't bother you or you don't flag it.

You're probably right tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I always found that name funny for a club
    I see so many bumper stickers '' I love Liverpool''
    Do they have the same

It was worse when they played in the Wankdorf Stadium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mourinho is a hypocrite anyway though......to say he isn't would be biased.......the poster said to "add to his hypocrisy", not that failing to bring all the youth through is the only thing that makes him a hypocrite.

Also, just to add, if the players aren't good enough Mourinho should not have to pander to the "United tradition" of bringing through the youth, whatever that means......I know little about Uniteds youth academy but its hardly the conveyor belt or talent it once was....maybe it is I'm open to correction.

He is in some regards, I don't think any but the most blinded of United fans would say otherwise.

I was just curious about the comment as I thought it was a bit of a strange one. I'd still view it as calling him a hypocrite for selling one player which IMO is just silly.

I don't think any United fans are sorry to see him go tbh, he never impressed when I've seen him anyway fwiw.

There are a lot of United academy products currently plying their trade in the PL though none of them have ever reached the levels of the class of 92. That was the perfect storm and I'd be surprised if we ever seen that many super talented players peak at exactly the same time, at any club never mind United.

Anyway, I'll leave it there, thanks for answering.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement