Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A 433 with Torres in for mcmanaman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

If wijnaldum and lallana are unfit for Monday it probably means emre can and Sturridge comes in, nice to have a bit of quality depth these days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

klose wrote: »
    If wijnaldum and lallana are unfit for Monday it probably means emre can and Sturridge comes in, nice to have a bit of quality depth these days.

Yup, it's not doomsday at all. We can even re-jig and get Lucas and Origi in there as well who are not too shabby either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A 433 with Torres in for mcmanaman.

You could argue instead of Barnes, he is one of my favourite players of all time
    but once the PL kicked in he was beset by a lot of injuries for a couple of seasons and then his role in the team changed to a central midfield player. Still was a class act but his performances were not as scintillating as the period 88-91 so not sure I'd have him in the best Liverpool PL team.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who still has to play a game this week? Henderson, Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino anyhow. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Jamie Carragher and Jamie Redknapp pick there Liverpool 11 from the PL era.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/jamie-carragher-jamie-redknapp-pick-7987248

The last 8sec of that video is gold

Interviewer: "You realise you've left out both Torres and Owen"

Carra: "Yeah well one went to United and the other went to Chelsea so f**k'em"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

klose wrote: »

It is nice but I'd rather stick to what we had been playing well with, who knows how those changes could effect the performance, Can for instance has looked fairly ropey in his last couple of sub appearances so hopefully he'll get his head out of his ass! Sturridge for Lallana is definitely not like for like, we will lose the energy and press of Lallana for the somewhat cumbersome but lethal Sturridge, it might not matter too much but I reckon Utd are getting lucky with these injuries we're picking up, jambags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yup, it's not doomsday at all. We can even re-jig and get Lucas and Origi in there as well who are not too shabby either.

This exactly.

The beauty about Klopp's style/system is that anyone can/should be able to move in/out of the squad, and do the same job as the guy he replaces, so losing a player or 2 to injury shouldn't impact us too much (unless its Milner of course), as the guy coming in knows all he really has to do is bust a gut for the system to work.

he said it himself on Monday Night Football a few weeks ago, he doesn't really care who is where when we attack, just as long as we just have 6/7/8 attackers in and around their box causing mayhem, and once they all put in a gut wrencher of a performance, the system will/should work!

The sum is most certainly greater than the parts these days at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Another worry might be the fact coutinio and firmino both played full ( I think ) games for Brazil with a lot of travel .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Another major deal done Liverpool sign a 3 year Global partnership with Malaysia Airlines.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/239008-lfc-signs-global-partnership-with-malaysia-airlines

Well done again, Ian Air.

carragher-redknapp-liverpool-XI.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/jamie-carragher-jamie-redknapp-pick-7987248
    I don't see how you can leave Torres out of that team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

cjmc wrote: »
    I don't see how you can leave Torres out of that team

Who do you drop so ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Who do you drop so ??

I'd drop Jones or Riise and play 3 at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I'd have Mascherano there to let Gerrard/Alonso do their stuff without having to worry about the defensive side and also would put Kuyt in for his work rate and knack for scoring vital goals

cjmc wrote: »
    Another worry might be the fact coutinio and firmino both played full ( I think ) games for Brazil with a lot of travel .

Coutinho I think played the full game last week, Firmino came on as sub in the second half. They have another match tonight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

5starpool wrote: »
    Coutinho I think played the full game last week, Firmino came on as sub in the second half. They have another match tonight though.

Poxy Brazil. Don't you just hate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Only change I would consider from that team is Finnan in for Jones, to be honest.

At a push, going off what Kfallon said earlier with regards to Barnes not being at his peak during the PL era, I'd take him out and play a three man midfield, bringing in either Hamman or Mascherano.

Who do you drop so ??

True , unless a complete change of formation and one up font :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sturridge starting again for england . Nervy 90 mins ahead now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd drop Jones or Riise and play 3 at the back.

How often did we play 3 at the back in the PL era?

Against the spirit of it to create a random formation to accommodate 3 strikers. Why not play 2 at the back and put Ian Rush up too too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

8-10 wrote: »

Against the spirit of it to create a random formation to accommodate 3 strikers. Why not play 2 at the back and put Ian Rush up too too?

Under Roy Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Markus babbel would've been a shoe-in in that team only for his illness cutting his career short. Twas a shame, he was a fine player.

8-10 wrote: »

Disagree! You can't dictate to someone how to pick their fantasy XI

Under Roy Evans

Rodgers had a go at it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Kill em that way

398958.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Rodgers had a go at it too.

Indeed but I recall it being for a longer period under Evans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Torres
    Suarez-Gerrard-Kuyt
    ----Masch-Alonso
    Riise-Hyypia-Carra-Finnan
    Reina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Spot on. Finnan in with a shout for RB though. And Hamann unlucky to lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Torres would have to be ahead of Fowler IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Not one player currently playing with the club!

And for a club who has never won it.. it's hard to have any real expectations to win it with the current team

Apparently Sturridge had a stinker tonight, but I wasn't watching, and they all played poorly according to the internet. At least neither Liverpool player got injured anyhow. Hopefully Klopp can get the England coaching out of their system quickly anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Henderson was just as awful but the whole England was except for Hart who was MoTM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Henderson was just as awful but the whole England was except for Hart who was MoTM.

That save at the start of the second half was unbelievable. Best I've seen for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Chesty08 wrote: »

And for a club who has never won it.. it's hard to have any real expectations to win it with the current team

18 times. Sky did not invent football in 1992.

18 times. Sky did not invent football in 1992.

Nobody said they did, the whole debate/topic has been around Carra and Redknapp picking their best team from the PL era, Liverpool have not won that.

Jasus geroudatha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Chesty08 wrote: »

The difference now is its all about the whole not the individual.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The difference now is its all about the whole not the individual.

Also, its a pretty new team on the whole. There are a few there on the cusp of greatness though.

• Advertisement

Only two more players left to get through the international break the Brazil match kicks off 1;30am.

Then we can get back to talking about real football and proper thanks whoring.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Markus babbel would've been a shoe-in in that team only for Houllier cutting his career short. Twas a shame, he was a fine player.

FYP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Most of that team from the last 25 years wouldnt make a best XI if the 10 years before that were included.

On a side note, turned down the chance to meet David Beckham today, hope you are all proud. :cool:

daithijjj wrote: »
    Most of that team from the last 25 years wouldnt make a best XI if the 10 years before that were included.

Barnes, Suarez and Gerrard, that would be about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

kfallon wrote: »
    Barnes, Suarez and Gerrard, that would be about it!

Hyypia would be in my subs, then we are done, allthough i havent given it intense thought.

Well Barnes would have been in that team anyway.

Suarez would have been the only starter I think.

Alonso & Gerrard probably would have made the bench.

• Advertisement

daithijjj wrote: »
    Hyypia would be in my subs, then we are done, allthough i havent given it intense thought.

You could argue for Reina I suppose, we've not been blessed with one outstanding keeper since Clemence.

Some very good but not great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

None of them would make united s starting 11 ������

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

kfallon wrote: »
    FYP!

Ah here, Ged didn't give Babbel Guillain–Barré syndrome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

corwill wrote: »
    Ah here, Ged didn't give Babbel Guillain–Barré syndrome!

No, he's been known to take credit for many other things however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

emo72 wrote: »
    Poxy Brazil. Don't you just hate them.

Match interrupted, power failurem abotu 15 mins to go. And **** weather.

(Coutinho playing, Fiminio on the bench as it happens)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement