Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

5starpool wrote: »
    Ah stop with the conspiracy theories. There was probably relatively little crap in that thread (I haven't looked at it once). If it were to be closed now probably over a month since the last post, what difference would it make? I bet there are plenty of match threads of Utd losing and people having a chuckle at their expense that are still open.

Same with anyone making a fuss of the ref choice for the game on Monday. If he makes terrible decisions then criticise him then, not beforehand.

I didn't want to be the one that said it but such trivial things to be getting worked up over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm saying it shouldn't relate to the teams, should be something as policy on the soccer forum. 10pm on the day of the game is too soon to close

No match threads opened more than 24 hrs before kickoff (like an airline check-in) and close 24hrs after. That's my recommendation for the next feedback thread. Then any sense of supporter/team bias is taken out. Gives a full day of preview and a full day of review. After that there should be nothing left to discuss and it there is put it in the superthread
    I wouldn't bother, tbh.

We still haven't heard a word about the last feedback thread from 3 months ago despite a fair few reminders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seriously getting worked up about match threads being closed is as crazy as getting worked up about thanks whoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah stop with the conspiracy theories. There was probably relatively little crap in that thread (I haven't looked at it once). If it were to be closed now probably over a month since the last post, what difference would it make? I bet there are plenty of match threads of Utd losing and people having a chuckle at their expense that are still open.

Same with anyone making a fuss of the ref choice for the game on Monday. If he makes terrible decisions then criticise him then, not beforehand.

It isn't a conspiracy theory, I'm just stating facts and if it happens to be coincidence, that's absolutely fine. The Burnley thread did see a bit of crap from rival fans, but the Watford vs United thread saw roughly the same amount and that wasn't long being locked. All I'd like to see is consistency, I'm not bothered about shîte talk from either set of fans, I'm no saint in that regard by any means as everyone knows.

I'm not trying to turn this into a big argument on match threads being locked either, I probably should've kept my mouth shut about it but there's some truth in what I'm saying. And I'm definitely not calling it a conspiracy against us for the record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Seriously getting worked up about match threads being closed is as crazy as getting worked up about thanks whoring.
    *not sure whether to thank this or not:confused:*

• Advertisement

The dilemmas of being on this thread :P:pac:

Give the dirty little whore what he wants, a good thanking.

I'm saying it shouldn't relate to the teams, should be something as policy on the soccer forum. 10pm on the day of the game is too soon to close

No match threads opened more than 24 hrs before kickoff (like an airline check-in) and close 24hrs after. That's my recommendation for the next feedback thread. Then any sense of supporter/team bias is taken out. Gives a full day of preview and a full day of review. After that there should be nothing left to discuss and it there is put it in the superthread

That's it exactly. Consistency is what's needed, keeps everyone satisfied.

If Wijnaldum is out I think we probably all agree Can will be his replacement.

If Lallana is out who would people think will or they want to start instead of him?

I think Klopp might surprise everyone and start Ings.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Lallana is out who would people think will or they want to start instead of him?

No chance. Origi is very plausible, Ings really isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I know it's a big game but that's the kind of ballsy move I'd be very intrigued to see.

Would you push Firmino back out on the wing then to facilitate Ings up front?

He's match fit and has been scoring goals for fun in the U 23's.

Origi isn't getting any real game time at any level at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Ings is a better replacement for lallana than origi, I don't see either starting tho, it will be Sturridge and Can coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

He's match fit and has been scoring goals for fun in the U 23's.

Origi isn't getting any real game time at any level at the moment.
    Liverpool's training would be a much higher standard than u23 games.

Ings is the better fit for the system in my opinion. He's got a great engine and has an eye for goal as good as anyone in the squad. He also played very well against United away last season, even though the result didn't go our way. I'd go with him over Origi for this game.

x43r0 wrote: »
    I know it's a big game but that's the kind of ballsy move I'd be very intrigued to see.

Would you push Firmino back out on the wing then to facilitate Ings up front?

I think works better than Origi coming for Lallana. Firmino drops deeper to let Ings play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

There may be a possibility that Klopp could go Can and Lucas if Lallana and Wijnaldum are both out.
    Give Henderson more of a licence to press and Lucas do the role he has been doing, all with the aim of keeping the Mané, Firmino, Coutinho set-up intact.
    Otherwise, I reckon it'll be Can for Wij, Coutinho into Lallana's role, and Sturridge up top with Firmino out wide.
    Bit of a balls to lose two players who have been crucial to the way we play ahead of this game but, sure, we'll just have to see how we go.
    I'd like to see Ings on the bench at least - to date, it's looked like he hasn't got a hope of playing in the first team, but neither Sturridge or Origi have impressed in their outings so far this season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ings wouldn't harass defenders physically like Origi would, but would pull them out of position with his running.
    Both would be handy for catching them on the break.

So it's a balancing act of whether the Utd defence would be weakened more by movement or physicality.
    With Blind in there, I would go for the former (Ings) as I don't see him as a discplined centre half and could be pulled out of position easier and open up spaces.
    Origi would probably win aerial duels with him, but we don't play those type of balls really.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

This game can't come quick enough. An international break and then not playing till Monday evening...... kinda sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Going on the assumption Lallana/Wij are both out - Can comes in straight away and we'll be left with Coutinho/Firminio/Sturridge in front of Can and Hendo. I'd be truly shocked if Ings then somehow managed to get a first season start and also wouldn't be surprised to see Milner back in the middle.

Expect the unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Going on the assumption Lallana/Wij are both out - Can comes in straight away and we'll be left with Coutinho/Firminio/Sturridge in front of Can and Hendo. I'd be truly shocked if Ings then somehow managed to get a first season start and also wouldn't be surprised to see Milner back in the middle.

Expect the unexpected.
    Can has to start. No way will he move Milner from LB, he's been brilliant. More likely that we bring in Lucas, or start Danny with Phil in midfield (my preference)...

Expect the unexpected.

The only other plausible thing (other than Can and Sturridge I'd say) is one of Grujic/Lucas to come in and alter Henderson's role to be further forward more in line with what Lallana did with Can (or Lucas if he plays) sitting deepest of the midfield 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Expect the unexpected.

Mané?

Surely Coutinho takes Lallana's position, Firming takes Coutinho's, Sturridge gets Firmino's

Dont see any reason why Ings would be in line to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Umaro wrote: »
    2012: Beat Chelsea 4-1

2014: Beat Spurs 4-0

2015: Beat Spurs 3-2

They always seem to deliver a performance anyways.

WxrMyDT.jpg

We lost 2-0 at home to west brom in 2013 when we wore it that season, coutinho made his debut that night as a sub. West brom with lukaku up front, kryptonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Mané?

Surely Coutinho takes Lallana's position, Firming takes Coutinho's, Sturridge gets Firmino's

Dont see any reason why Ings would be in line to start

Sorry - yeah Firminio/Mane/Cout/Sturr - Hendo/Can in behind ... pretty much. No Ings for me and we're basically all out attack.

Will be interesting as even under Val Gaal United seemed to lift their game for us even when playing ****e the weeks either side of this game.

Lets hope we come out of the blocks on the front foot.

Sorry - yeah Firminio/Mane/Cout/Sturr - Hendo/Can in behind ... pretty much. No Ings for me and we're basically all out attack.

Will be interesting as even under Val Gaal United seemed to lift their game for us even when playing ****e the weeks either side of this game.

Lets hope we come out of the blocks on the front foot.

They didn't do it when we dumped their ass out of Europe last year! I'd love another dominating display like that one!

Throwback to that game for some good vibes...

They didn't do it when we dumped their ass out of Europe last year! I'd love another dominating display like that one!

Throwback to that game for some good vibes...

Fairly destroyed them that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Vicxas wrote: »
    Liverpool have brought in a wage cap for youth players, great move:

Liverpool introduce wage cap

Fantastic idea but 40k a week? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Fantastic idea but 40k a week? :pac:

40k a year :pac:

• Advertisement

Wijnaldum has a hip injury and not a hamstring injury so he may have a chance to be ready for Monday according to the Echo tonight.

Ings has had a long term knee injury & not started a first team game in over a year. To start him vs Man Utd would be crazy & it will not happen as we have seen how Klopp has managed players coming back from injury since he became coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sturridge is due a goal in league. Hasn't scored since last Mar I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Did not realise it was that long,no wonder his trout pout has become more pronounced

He's also due another injury he hasn't had one since August.

MNF will be live from Anfield and not studio based.

Giggs joins Carra & Neville there was talk yesterday that Gerrard would be on the panel as well as he was at Melwood yesterday.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/786861624405684224?s=09
    @JHenderson has won September's @premierleague Goal of the Month award for his stunning strike against Chelsea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Klopp voted Barclays Manager of the Month

675903213JK003_Jurgen_Klopp.JPG

https://www.premierleague.com/news/119407

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Klopp voted Barclays Manager of the Month

675903213JK003_Jurgen_Klopp.JPG

https://www.premierleague.com/news/119407

The curse has begun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

MD1990 wrote: »

And England played so well too, what a shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Interestingly, the last time a Liverpool manager won the Manager of the Month award was Brendan Rodgers in March 2014.

The Reds beat Man City 2-0 two days later.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Interestingly, the last time a Liverpool manager won the Manager of the Month award was Brendan Rodgers in March 2014.

The Reds beat Man City 2-0 two days later.

:cool:

3-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Early drinking start on New Years Eve

Updated LFC Fixture list

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/match/2016-17/first-team/fixtures-and-results

Pre match presser starting in a couple of mins.

Updated LFC Fixture list

And a day and a half later we play Sunderland away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Updated LFC Fixture list

Getting way ahead here, but look at our very last 8 or 9 fixtures. You can't really ask for much better than that.

That could be crucial for building late momentum and clinching a top 4 spot. Long way to go, but if we can get to that stage of the season still in the mix, you'd have to fancy ourselves to make a serious push for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

And a day and a half later we play Sunderland away.

Could be worse it could be a 3pm Kick off V Sunderland

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement