Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jesus Joe has turned into a goal machine since joining Stoke he just scored another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It's joesus christ

How does Billy Liddell compare to the other forwards mentioned Harry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

In my time watching Liverpool I'd go with this as my best 11..

Grobbelaar

Nicol
    Hanson
    Lawrenson
    Beglin

Alonso
    Souness

Dalglish
    Suarez
    Barnes

Rush

Beglin had his career cut short due to injury but he was a top player.

No Gerrard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

brevity wrote: »
    No Gerrard?

Strange one alright. Alonso was god but Gerrard would still be in there beore him.

brevity wrote: »
    No Gerrard?

No.

There was better CM'ers than him at the club over the last 35 years.

Thoughts on Joe Allen?

0.jpg

No.

There was better CM'ers than him at the club over the last 35 years.

Yeah but Gerrard can surely be a squeezed into a best 11!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

91 appearances for Liverpool - 4 goals

8 appearances for Stoke - 4 goals

Haven't seen the goals yet. It really looks like he's stepped up a gear over the past 12 months - its a shame we couldn't keep him, but it's good to see him doing well. Great goals for his country recently too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I can't genuinely give an opinion on Joe's form. All I can say is that we cashed in on a player when he was at his peak rightly or wrongly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Looks like we could be fighting Everton for the title this season. :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I can't genuinely give an opinion on Joe's form. All I can say is that we cashed in on a player when he was at his peak rightly or wrongly.

Cashed in is probably the wrong word given that he had only 1 year left on his contract which reduced his price somewhat. We also got less for him than we paid for him. I have no issue with us selling him, same as I wouldn't have minded him staying as backup. He isn't good enough to be a regular starter for us in a Klopp team in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Great stuff from Romelu. Is there a crack in the city empire?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Strange one alright. Alonso was god but Gerrard would still be in there beore him.

The where does Gerrard feature in the all time greats chat is always intriguing :)

He featured significantly in 17 seasons for LFC, playing less than 30 games/season in less than a handful of seasons. 186 goals in 710 apps.

Arguably played his best as more or less another forward with Torres, but the 2013/2014 season saw him score 13 goals in 34 top flight league games as a very deep lying CM at 33 years old.

You won't find too many midfielders who excel in contrasting positions like that :)

Gerrard was a better tackler than Xabi of course and there's not much between them in their passing game.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yeah but Gerrard can surely be a squeezed into a best 11!

He doesn't get in ahead of the front four I picked. The two CM's I picked are better CM's and actually complement each other and he doesn't get into the back four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Steklenberg :eek: :D:D

I'd nearly take back anything negative I've ever said about Tony Pulis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    How does Billy Liddell compare to the other forwards mentioned Harry?

"Loan watch: Liddell, B at Royal Air Force XI..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Joe Allen is playing further up the pitch on average apparently. As for Gerrard he'd not even made the bench of an all time XI (and subs) and in my *ahem* years watching, it would be hard to drop players like Souness, Barnes and Beardsley for him. Sounds harsh but tough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Win on Monday and we're tied for first, all that needs to be known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Win on Monday and we're tied for first, all that needs to be known.

Win by three and we go top outright. If we beat United on Monday, I don't think it'll be by just the one goal with our style of play, but there's an equal chance we'll draw or lose.

Even losing is no disaster in terms of staying in touch, although it would be a disaster in terms of losing to 'them'. Great chance to make it stupidly tight at the top though with 4 teams within a point of each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Based on what I saw there, I can't imagine our match against Everton is going to be much craic.

They're a fairly average team but we're not without our weaknesses and they're certainly not without their strengths.

If they can get us bogged down and hit us on the break there's few who'll be more dangerous in that kind of situation than Lukaku. His goal was beautfully taken today.

Having said that, if we do manage to crack them I think we'll be well placed to demolish them from that point on. 0-0 will be very dangerous but if they have to take the initiative and use the ball I don't think they'll be all that impressive.
    Not many footballers in that team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The fact Liverpool can go joint or outright top might just be the sort of pressure they could do without but equally if they stay focused and win then it might tell us something about what Klopp has instilled in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    Cashed in is probably the wrong word given that he had only 1 year left on his contract which reduced his price somewhat. We also got less for him than we paid for him. I have no issue with us selling him, same as I wouldn't have minded him staying as backup. He isn't good enough to be a regular starter for us in a Klopp team in my view.

He'd have been a nice option on the bench to try and calm a game down.

We could be top Monday?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The fact Liverpool can go joint or outright top might just be the sort of pressure they could do without but equally if they stay focused and win then it might tell us something about what Klopp has instilled in them.

I'd say Klopp will be making sure there's no talk about topping the table.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

garra wrote: »
    Great stuff from Romelu. Is there a crack in the city empire?

Are we celebrating Everton goals all of a sudden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I vant to vin !
    Take me to de zummit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm sure Klopp will tell them we can top table and that we need 4 goal victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I'm sure Klopp will tell them we can top table and that we need 4 goal victory.

3 is all ;)

• Advertisement

Never mind talking about going top. We can worry about that with a 5-0 win over West Brom next weekend. I'm confident but pessimistic at the same time about this game. Utd might have been rubbish more than us this season so far, but they have played well at times too and can cause real damage if they click and we creak.

I'm sure Klopp will have them in the right frame of mind for it anyhow which is keyed up, but not too much so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

martyos121 wrote: »
    Win by three and we go top outright. If we beat United on Monday, I don't think it'll be by just the one goal with our style of play, but there's an equal chance we'll draw or lose.

Not a betting man, but I reckon you've got the outcome of Monday night's match covered there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

At Anfield you'd be hoping we could grind out a win, a draw would be acceptable enough also........a loss would not be the end of the world but we really cant afford to come away with nothing against a rival for top 4 at Home too often and hopefully Monday wont be one of those times....

If Ibrahimovic has a good game we might well need to score 2 or 3 to grind out a pt or 3. If Utd longball us and get something from the game it'll be grim enough in a way as that's what many expect, we should hopefully have accounted for that :)

It's almost a pity Rooney looks likely not to play, an out of form Rooney taking a place in a team on past glories being wound up by an Anfield crowd would be a sight to behold :)

I wonder if Klopp will play Klaven/Matip at CB against United......both quite good in the air, might negate some of that hoofball they may employ....we'd probably have to hold a high line also, might have issues with pace....

Lovren is surely better than Klaven.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I wonder if Klopp will play Klaven/Matip at CB against United......both quite good in the air, might negate some of that hoofball they may employ....

If Lovren and Matip are both fit then they both start, no question really.

Augeo wrote: »
    Lovren is surely better than Klaven.

I think Klaven is better in the air....something to think about I suppose, I'd start Lovren also though...

If Lovren and Matip are both fit then they both start, no question really.

If United play long to Fellaini and Ibra, Lovren might struggle a bit whereas Klavan looks like he'd win every header all day no problem......I dont know Lovren will probably be fine as his all round game is much better anyway.....just a thought really if Jose plays anti football.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I think Klaven is better in the air.........

Honestly, I wou;dn't have a notion who is better in the air.
    I'm a tad nervous of Ibra' though, I know he's good in the air :pac:

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Honestly, I wou;dn't have a notion who is better in the air.
    I'm a tad nervous of Ibra' though, I know he's good in the air :pac:

He is much better in the air than Fellaini. Both are big tall strong lads, but Ibrahimovic is obviously so much more than that unfortunately. Keep him quiet and we go a long way towards a positive result.

Hopefully we will accomplish that by being ruthless with the ball and well ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Going back to the fixtures i see Liverpool will have played the 1st premier league game of 2016 and the last premier league game of 2016, just hope we don't end the year with the same result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Going back to the fixtures i see Liverpool will have played the 1st premier league game of 2016 and the last premier league game of 2016, just hope we don't end the year with the same result

Academic really. I expect we'll have the title in the bag by the penultimate game of 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ben Gadot wrote: »

Wrongly. Whats so strange is he really seems like a Klopp player.

I expect Jose to park the bus big time.

It's getting serviced as we speak.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Wrongly. Whats so strange is he really seems like a Klopp player.

Do you mean as a starter or a squad player? If a starter who would you drop instead of him?

Do you mean as a starter or a squad player? If a starter who would you drop instead of him?

As I said before, I think he can feel aggrieved not to have got a starting spot when Wijnaldum was then bought for what is essentially his position. I like Wijnaldum too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Tony bellew has JFT96 on the back of his hoodie, class act

john why wrote: »
    Tony bellew has JFT96 on the back of his hoodie, class act

Just started watching!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Just started watching!

Hope he wins

This discussion has been closed.