Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I could see Can having a motm performance tonight if he starts. He always lifts it for the big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

It's the anticipation that kills me. Like ripping off a plaster - I wish I could just know right now if we win.

hefferboi wrote: »
    I could see Can having a motm performance tonight if he starts. He always lifts it for the big games.

The only worry would be sharpness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The only worry would be sharpness

Yeah he's looked off the boil in his short cameo's so far this year but I'd be confident he'll step it up tonight. He seems to have that class about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What's the latest on Lallana and Wijnaldum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Tusky wrote: »
    What's the latest on Lallana and Wijnaldum?

Latest I saw was that they hadn't trained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm just trying to decide on the pub for mayhem or the couch for comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Couch job for me, not arsed being surrounded by lads on both sides screaming tactical bile at the TV, acting like they know better than the managers and players. That's what I use boards for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'll be in work, so ill be restrained in the abuse i can shout. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hope Lallana and Wijnaldum being out (if they are) doesn't ruin our rhythm too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Because the side is becoming more settled and it is easier to guess who will start the game

It hasn't always been obvious who would start. I'm not on twitter but its Leicestershire reds that's posting it. Hope he is wrong tonight though as I'd prefer sturridge starting over moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I'll be watching it at home on the couch with my oldest friend who is lifelong utd fan and on top of that we are plying eachother in Fantasy Football head to head this week, I'm 8 points ahead with Firmino to play and he has Coutinho. So alot at stake tonight! :D I've never been so openly cocky about beating Utd with him before so ye can all blame me when it goes tits up!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Work till 5.30 then onto College for some financial accounting before I bolt outta there at 7.30 into the car & on the sofa for 7.55pm. Watch the match in Ultra HD but no matter what way I watch it once we win!

Actually tbh I'd me more confident at their place, we are set up to take on big teams at their back yards but no doubt Jose will just park the bus. Oh one other thing, I have this one friend who always nails his captain choice in FF, so much so that it feels like he has some weird control over the universe, and he captained Benteke this week only to realise before the early kick off that he hadn't confirmed his lineup choice so no Benteke as captain, he was stuck with last week's captain choice, Ibra!!! I know it's bonkers but I can now feel an Ibra brace coming just cos of that....:pac: :confused:

Heading over to this. Nerves kicking in now!

mormank wrote: »
    Actually tbh I'd me more confident at their place, we are set up to take on big teams at their back yards but no doubt Jose will just park the bus. Oh one other thing, I have this one friend who always nails his captain choice in FF, so much so that it feels like he has some weird control over the universe, and he captained Benteke this week only to realise before the early kick off that he hadn't confirmed his lineup choice so no Benteke as captain, he was stuck with last week's captain choice, Ibra!!! I know it's bonkers but I can now feel an Ibra brace coming just cos of that....:pac: :confused:

Well as long as we score more goals than them he is welcome to grab a couple. I'd prefer if he didn't but if we win I won't care too much.

• 5starpool wrote: »
    I hope Lallana and Wijnaldum being out (if they are) doesn't ruin our rhythm too much.

Confirmed by BBC to be both out.
    Lallana sure took his time, but I admit he's one of Liverpools most improved players this season. Glad he's out in this case.
    Oh yea, Hope we win, hate Liverpool, I like Lemons.

I noticed that the Teamsheet leaking has stopped recently. I wonder if they found the mole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Vicxas wrote: »
    I noticed that the Teamsheet leaking has stopped recently. I wonder if they found the mole.

I think they put up a temporary fence in training around Melwood so the people who stand on the bins can't see in....

Or was that a thing towards the end of BR reign?

Could have sworn I read that somewhere, or I dreamt it up this afternoon daydreaming about the match... :)

Edit - Nope, I'm not nuts :

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/liverpools-melwood-training-ground-install-5560832

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We have a very good home record under Klopp, 2 losses I think. Tough game tonight for United under the lights at Anfield.

Give them hell!

rob316 wrote: »
    We have a very good home record under Klopp, 2 losses I think. Tough game tonight for United under the lights at Anfield.

Give them hell!

10000 extra fans then usual aswell

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Confirmed by BBC to be both out.
    Lallana sure took his time, but I admit he's one of Liverpools most improved players this season. Glad he's out in this case.
    Oh yea, Hope we win, hate Liverpool, I like Lemons.

I prefer limes personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Work till 5.30 then onto College for some financial accounting before I bolt outta there at 7.30 into the car & on the sofa for 7.55pm. Watch the match in Ultra HD but no matter what way I watch it once we win!

Almost identical to myself! Work until 5.30, accounting classes in town from 6.15 to 9.45. The break is at 8 so I might have to duck out then......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

be fcking great if moreno had a 'dossena' tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Apparently Suarez is attending tonight. Hopefully we'll get another celebration from the stands to add to the gif repository.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I am going to miss the game.I missed Leicester & Chelsea this season too. Could be a good luck omen I hope.

Supposedly its now Lucas starting cm and milner at lb according to that bloke on twitter.

5starpool wrote: »
    Well as long as we score more goals than them he is welcome to grab a couple. I'd prefer if he didn't but if we win I won't care too much.

I'm guessing 3-2 or 4-2 to us with an Ibra brace. I haven't been this confident of getting a result since a certain Chelsea game in 2014! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

First goal absolutely vital tonight, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Supposedly its now Lucas starting cm and milner at lb according to that bloke on twitter.

I prefer Lucas at CB these days, to be honest. Henderson will have to be on his game, and really doing the water carrying, although that said, at least Lucas' presence will allow him to be on the front foot and that bit higher up the pitch.

Some of Henderson's worst games for us have been against United too, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mosstin wrote: »
    First goal absolutely vital tonight, I think.

Last one too. It'd be nice to get all the ones in the middle as well though if I'm being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Lallana set to miss out according to BBC: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37604054

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

MD1990 wrote: »
    I am going to miss the game.I missed Leicester & Chelsea this season too. Could be a good luck omen I hope.

Only game I missed so far was the Burnley one. I better rub my belly for good luck. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why can't people just wait until 7 PM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Good stuff I'm happy with him in front of the defence tonight. Cool head and experience to give the flash lads a platform to perform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Jaysus, you're worse than that old lad, mick something was it? :pac:

Don't see the need for Lucas in this game. Utd won't be trying to pass through us and Lucas is limited against tall lads obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

So, Ings doesn't make the squad never mind start!

Happy that Milner is staying at LB, would rather Lallana starting than Sturridge but what can ye do.

Brilliant line up.
    Coutinho playing where he's best, no Moreno &no Lucas.

Top class from klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Exactly people believing Twitter about Moreno and Lucas. Surprised seem didn't think that Suarez was playing as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

That twitter leak seems to have been plugged too.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Always nervous about these games as form usually goes out the window, as per most of the time they beat us in the league under Van Gaal.

I'll take 1 nil.

Can starting, very excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Chuffed with our starting eleven personally. Strongly fancy us to win this. And it's not often over the years that I said that ahead of a game against this shower (well maybe except for when Moyes was in charge).

We'll do this!

Believe!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Here we feckin go!

Off to the match thread for this one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gerrard, Suarez and Agger all at the game.

Kinda surprised Barca have let Suarez over with there game against City on Wednesday.

Klopp smiling, Mourinho looks depressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And the sky is still blue. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Hope its the same at the end of the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lallana's energy and movement is hugely missing from the attack.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement