Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

The ability to adapt to beat teams and hold teams is why Mourinho has so many trophies and Klopp has a fraction.

The one single reason why Mourinho has more trophies than Klopp is money but I think you know that already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I can only see the table where we're ahead of Utd after not needing to spend all that cash on players to get there when I close my eyes. Am I doing it wrong?

A solid 9 for that. All it's missing is a blind joke because I don't see one in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Gbear wrote: »
    In games where opposition midfields don't get away with endless niggly fouls to disrupt the match there's no need to feel frustrated at the ref, whether we win or not.

Aah now some of the pool players going down like they were hit by a truck. In fairness pool git some awful soft frees in second half.
    Yeer goalie done more time wasting with the ball not knowing what to do with it and kicking it into touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The one single reason why Mourinho has more trophies than Klopp is money but I think you know that already.

That makes no sense, Klopp spent 60 million in his last season at Dortmund and almost got them relegated. Mourinho spent 10 million at Porto and won a league and champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

That makes no sense, Klopp spent 60 million in his last season at Dortmund and almost got them relegated. Mourinho spent 10 million at Porto and won a league and champions league.

WTF?!? Lol they finished in Europa lg positions.

This must be one of the dumbest comments ever on the soccer forums.

There is no redemption from that level of stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Oh good god, now you're peddling that clap trap. You're as dumb as a mule and probably twice as ugly. Dortmund qualified for Europe. Thats not "almost relegated"

Sweet Christmas this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Alonso77 wrote: »
    WTF?!? Lol they finished in Europa lg positions

finishing 7th is now almost relegated did you not hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are Porto not the biggest club in Portugal?

Also does Klopp finishing 7th but almost getting relegated in his last season at Dortmund also mean LVG nearly got United relegated the last season seeing as you got Europa League?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lads will you leave Rayne alone, you got him so wound up he wont be able to sleep......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I almost got caught for speeding doing 70km in a 100km zone the other day. The thing is I was in a 50km zone earlier that year.

• Advertisement

Glico Man wrote: »
    Oh good god, now you're peddling that clap trap. You're as dumb as a mule and probably twice as ugly. Dortmund qualified for Europe. Thats not "almost relegated"

Sweet Christmas this place.

They were bottom on the 2nd of February 2015, and in the end were only 11 points above a relegation spot. It was only with about 6 games to go they could start to breath easy. A massive scare for the second best team in Germany.

They were bottom on the 2nd of February 2015, and in the end were only 11 points above a relegation spot. It was only with about 6 games to go they could start to breath easy. A massive scare for the second best team in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I hear talk of Klopp being one dimensional and Mourinho a master tactician but yet Klopp is dominating him in their h2h, this does not compute!?! Can anyone explain? Rayne? You there buddy?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lads will you leave Rayne alone, you got him so wound up he wont be able to sleep......

And on a school night too! Shame on us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Going by the recent logic Arsenal nearly won the league last season

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

The 60million & 10 million have to be considered in the context of what other clubs in the same league (namely Bayern Munich & sporting Lisbon / Benfica) are spending and you need to look at more than one season. Again you know this already though.

I would love to see Jose manage a club with such an inferior budget to a rival (and a rival which routinely bought your best players from you), obviously never ever going to happen. He is obviously a class manager but your initial statement was just garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Unfortunately I don't have the necessary crayons, nor the time to explain this to you, but this should suffice; 7th > relegation.

As far as the game goes, chalk it off and move on, puke football from that expensively assembled Utd squad, it was to be expected though, so no great surprise.

I feared missing Wij and Lallana would upset our rhythm and it turned out to be the case, Sturridge just does not fit, I mean he was completely isolated and starved on any service and Firmino was giving it away regularly in the 1st half but still, it was far better when Lallana came on and Firmino moved further forward, that's the way forward, Studge will be gone next summer at the latest I think.

I hear talk of Klopp being one dimensional and Mourinho a master tactician but yet Klopp is dominating him in their h2h, this does not compute!?! Can anyone explain? Rayne? You there buddy?

Trappatoni has a 100% win record V Klopp, better manager for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£10m at Porto in 2003/4 and £60m at Dortmund in 2014/15 are not comparable in different leagues.. Money in football has moved so far in that decade.

Jose is a checkbook manager who plays negative football to win and is very very good at that the only people who like to watch it are those at the clubs he manages and even a good few of those fans dislike that kind of football with a passion.

Most fans of football would take Klopp's passion and football over Jose's any days of the week and twice on Red Monday and Super Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah but Trapp nearly got Ireland relegated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We would have lost that 2 years . If you can't win it don't lose it.
    That is a point towards the Premier League title, not 2 dropped. We played against a very defensive team and would have won but for their keepers great saves.
    A good point on the board.

Klopp got little ole Dortmund to smash gigantic Real Madrid 4-1, the gegenpress must have worked well that game huh? Did Mourinho not know about it then or was the bus in for repair!?!

That's me done, good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Your posts tonight have that 'I've been hacked' air about them.

Unless of course you're genuinely this stupid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Take solace in the fact we wont always beat a 'spent a fortune' 6-3-1 formation 'masterclass'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

martyos121 wrote: »
    Random thought to distract from that disappointment, I'd love to see Woodburn get a run out on Saturday, might as well break him in to the squad early, we have a serious talent on our hands there, no doubt about it.

Ah now! Steady on. He'd be better than Sturridge though, who I have now officially given up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

daithijjj wrote: »
    Take solace in the fact we wont always beat a 'spent a fortune' 6-3-1 formation 'masterclass'.

Or that ye wont be as **** again ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Robson99 wrote: »
    Or that ye wont be as **** again ??

CvAPWWiWcAA8k06.jpg

People shouldn't be getting too caught up on drawing at home to Utd. During Liverpools 70s and 80's heydays, Utd frequently did well at Anfield. It's the home wins against the traditional mid to lower table teams that we have achieve to compete for the title.

• Advertisement

Klopp is a chequebook manager just as much as Mourinho, 75 million in his first 18 months and if he could spend more he would and will eventually.

Ah now! Steady on. He'd be better than Sturridge though, who I have now officially given up on.

The kid absolutely oozes talent, and he already had a great pre-season with the senior squad. You have to get them into the first team early, we had a lot of good prospects once but they were never given a fair shake, I don't want to see that happen again. I don't know why we're linked with the likes of Pulisic when it's very possible we have an equal or maybe even superior young player waiting for his chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Alonso77 wrote: »
    People shouldn't be getting too caught up on drawing at home to Utd. During Liverpools 70s and 80's heydays, Utd frequently did well at Anfield. It's the home wins against the traditional mid to lower table teams that we have achieve to compete for the title.

Which is exactly why we're all so caught up about not winning this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Klopp is a chequebook manager just as much as Mourinho, 75 million in his first 18 months and if he could spend more he would and will eventually.

Liverpool made an actual profit in the last Transfer window.

s-dd59caa21b6ebbaa7aef12210f15c8e8e33e2aba.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

martyos121 wrote: »
    The kid absolutely oozes talent, and he already had a great pre-season with the senior squad. You have to get them into the first team early, we had a lot of good prospects once but they were never given a fair shake, I don't want to see that happen again. I don't know why we're linked with the likes of Pulisic when it's very possible we have an equal or maybe even superior young player waiting for his chance.

He's a teenager. He's not remotely physically ready for the first team and shouldn't be brought up yet. We have Ings and Origi as more than adequate rotational forwards for the moment. There's zero rush to bring Woodburn up and tbh i don't see what good it would do. We score enough goals without him. Let him develop where he is for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopp is the anti Chequebook manager. he made a profit on the summer dealings and with only Benteke as a big ticket sale. Mourinho will ultimately be remembered as a dullard who spent a billion quid of other peoples money in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Who are you exactly fighting against here and why?

Klopp has also only been here 12 months not 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Didn't Mourinho spend more than that on one player who hasn't exactly set the league alight...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Jason-in-Smokin-Aces-jason-bateman-28471961-500-281.jpg

• Advertisement

Linda knows.

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/788122539583299584
    A draw after 65% of possession and outshooting them. One point, a clean sheet. Liverpool holds at 4th, only 2 points off the top spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Clear to see how important Lallana has become to Klopp's Liverpool. Looked so much better and more fluid once he came on. And started winning the ball higher up the pitch. Meant Firmino could move closer to goal where he could use his movement to drag defenders about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Clear to see how important Lallana has become to Klopp's Liverpool. Looked so much better and more fluid once he came on. And started winning the ball higher up the pitch. Meant Firmino could move closer to goal where he could use his movement to drag defenders about.

With the benefit of hindsight, we might have gambled on starting Milner or Lucas in the middle three, to get Coutinho further up the pitch into the 10 position and Firmino closer to goal.

Didn't Mourinho spend more than that on one player who hasn't exactly set the league alight...?

Yep he did, if Klopp was at a bigger club he'd be signing bigger names for bigger money too, his spending has already jumped drastically from Mainz to Dortmund to Liverpool and if he ever earns a seat at one of the top 5 clubs in the world he'll be spending more. It doesn't mean he will be successful, Van Gaal spent a fortune and did nothing with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Looking forward now to Saturday's game, will be nice to play a team that don't park the bus as much as United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rayne wooney reminds of this gag in family guy about the thermostat

https://youtu.be/1Pwwx1cF8NQ

The moment united are mentioned in here he's on it like a fly to ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Delighted I don't support Utd, 7 men behind the ball ? Thinking they need a win against Chelsea to stay in the title race ?

They can keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Got a good laugh reading through the posts from last night. Fair play lads!

We'll take the point and move on, good run of fixtures now until Xmas we'll know by then if we're in the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bottom line.

It says a lot about how far we've come under Klopp that we're annoyed at a draw, and the vast majority of Utd fans I talked to are delighted with a draw.

5 years ago, that statement would have been laughed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

SlickRic wrote: »
    Bottom line.

It says a lot about how far we've come under Klopp that we're annoyed at a draw, and the vast majority of Utd fans I talked to are delighted with a draw.

5 years ago, that statement would have been laughed at.
    I think this is really positive. We all knew that Jose would try to contain the game and getting a point will be a good day for them. Good to see that we are not happy with a point - shows hunger and good going forward for motivation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement