Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Results from last season that need to change this season:

Not dropping 6 points to West Ham
    Not dropping 4 points to Southampton
    Not dropping 4 points to this years equivalent to Newcastle
    Not dropping 4 points to West Brom
    Not dropping 3 points to Watford
    Not dropping 3 points to Crystal Palace
    Not dropping 3 points to Swansea
    Not dropping 2 points to Sunderland
    Not dropping 2 points to this years equivalent to Norwich

31 dropped points in these games and we finished 6 points off fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I have to disagree!

Apart from Firmino's & Coutinho's shoes, Benteke & Klavan's shirts, and Moreno's EVERYTHING, it's pretty sensible. Lots of black and grey, lots of jeans and sensible shoes!

For a group of young rich famous sports stars, that's very low key...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Some of them look alright but some of the dress sense is hilarious, but hey ho if I had that kind of cash and was a young premier league player I'm sure my Mammy and missus would be still dressing me... :P

Found this on the tube of youness -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Dickerty wrote: »
    I have to disagree!

Apart from Firmino's & Coutinho's shoes, Benteke & Klavan's shirts, and Moreno's EVERYTHING, it's pretty sensible. Lots of black and grey, lots of jeans and sensible shoes!

For a group of young rich famous sports stars, that's very low key...

Young, apart from Manninger, who looks like he could be my dad. And I'm 35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Looks like Fergie was right, Henderson does have dodgy knees.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

My prediction:

P38 W25 D6 L7 GF94 GA56 GD+38 81 points

Moreno to get 6 goals and 9 assists and the whinging about him here to die down
    Klopp to get a touchline ban
    Origi top scorer with 18
    Sturridge given up on
    Grujic becomes an instant cult hero

Other teams:
    Leicester finish 3rd or 4th
    Man Utd in disarray by Christmas
    Arsenal finish 8th or 9th
    A big name doping scandal

West Brom have joined in looking for Benteke we might just make the money and a little profit on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

sabat wrote: »
    My prediction:

Origi top scorer with 18
    Sturridge given up on

Other teams:

I like how all of these are somewhat plausible, yet just enough out there for people to raise a few eyebrows and ask if you're mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

My prediction:

Origi top scorer with 18
    Sturridge given up on

Other teams:

Sweet Jesus, we need to season to start and you need to get some more outdoor time.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

NukaCola wrote: »
    And you could argue that if we did not have big European games coming up we'd have got closer. However, 66 points got 4th when your looking at on average 71/72 points normally.
    Yep, 66 points securing 4th was exceptionally low and reflected the implosion of Chelsea and United.

For me, the barometer of this year is Spurs. Over the past few seasons, they have been a better team than us in general. Assuming they don't implode, then if we can finish above them, that will be progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

State of Moreno. Between the gear and the haircut where do you start?

Klavan looks like he left the restaurant with his napkin still tucked into the neck of his shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

He looks like he could be mine too, and I'm 43!
    Too many days out in the elements...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

State of Moreno. Between the gear and the haircut where do you start?

Klavan looks like he left the restaurant with his napkin still tucked into the neck of his shirt.

I thought he had only arrived and put it on, was thinking he looks eager for a bit of grub.. how much are we paying the poor lad? Or maybe the wife hasn't moved across yet so he's not getting his dinner (one for the lads!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I wonder when Firmino is having his operation to complete his transformation to the Premier Leagues first transgender footballer.

https://twitter.com/JuanmaGarciaRey/status/763700155904327680

Juanma Garcia Rey (LB/CB)
    Thanks Liverpool FC! YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just beat me to it! :D

As for Benteke, I think West Brom would be a better side to sell him to if the offers are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

hhhhmmmmmm .... Do only first team signings lean ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't do much of an analysis on that lean, it's just his right arm on the table. Why did we even sign this spoofer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Knex. wrote: »
    I like how all of these are somewhat plausible, yet just enough out there for people to raise a few eyebrows and ask if you're mad.

Well, almost all of them are somewhat plausible......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

He looks like he was brought in to do a powerpoint presentation on sales projections of replica kits from traditional high street retailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Anyone else on phones having problem with the add at the top taking over control of the keypad, pain in the arse

sword1 wrote: »
    Anyone else on phones having problem with the add at the top taking over control of the keypad, pain in the arse

Don't see an ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/jurgen-klopp-insists-liverpool-can-8612918

“We can’t change it. If you look for excuses before you start the season then you have a problem,"

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I know it'll be one game into the season but I always adore and dread the opening game of the season in equal measure. Losing, even badly might ultimately mean nothing (same as winning well) but it would still crush me once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Just beat me to it! :D

As for Benteke, I think West Brom would be a better side to sell him to if the offers are the same.

Not sure but I'd say the player may have some input into the where he is being asked to move to. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe slavery has made a comeback and LFC can just sell him to whoever they want without his consent.

Hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

5starpool wrote: »
    I know it'll be one game into the season but I always adore and dread the opening game of the season in equal measure. Losing, even badly might ultimately mean nothing (same as winning well) but it would still crush me once again.

We're gonna do a number on Arsenal!
    4-1 Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Hope so!
    :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

J Mysterio wrote: »
    We're gonna do a number on Arsenal!
    4-1 Liverpool.

Our defense is just as depleted as theirs - 4-4 draw.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

It's really not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Have a feeling Klavan is on the verge of becomig a cult hero

Clyne-Lovren-Klaven-Moreno

What could possibly go worng?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Clyne-Lovren-Klaven-Moreno

What could possibly go worng?

Should probably have Lovren in red too...I'm still not convinced.

Johnny Giles just tipped us to win the league this season on Off The Ball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bugger.

9th it is so:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The point Giles was making was a reasonable one. Klopp has an advantage inthat he knows the squad better than the other managers at the big sides apart from Arsenal. Typical Giles though he didn't bother to research his subject matter even a little bit.

He said that you could pull away from the other sides at the start because Klopp knows his team. Clearly he didn't take into account the fact that your first five fixtures couldn't have been much harder had I picked them for you myself.

Arse A
    Burley A
    Spurs A
    Leicester H
    Chelsea A

And another away game in the league cup in the middle of that. It's an absolute stinker and if you guys are leading the pack after those 5 fixtures you'll deserve to be title favourites.

Not a dig at ye by the way, just Giles complete unprofessional attitude to his work annoys the hole of me.

Would love is to be looking for Berahino if they are interested in Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ideally we get 7 or 8 points out of that and then build momentum in the run of matches after that.

Then tough matches for a while after that but a kind run in. Giles isn't the worst.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Jayop wrote: »
    The point Giles was making was a reasonable one. Klopp has an advantage inthat he knows the squad better than the other managers at the big sides apart from Arsenal. Typical Giles though he didn't bother to research his subject matter even a little bit.

He said that you could pull away from the other sides at the start because Klopp knows his team. Clearly he didn't take into account the fact that your first five fixtures couldn't have been much harder had I picked them for you myself.

Arse A
    Burley A
    Spurs A
    Leicester H
    Chelsea A

And another away game in the league cup in the middle of that. It's an absolute stinker and if you guys are leading the pack after those 5 fixtures you'll deserve to be title favourites.

Not a dig at ye by the way, just Giles complete unprofessional attitude to his work annoys the hole of me.

I posted a while back that utd/ city/chelsea all had new managers like 13/14. They would be off the pace of their new managers so while it tough games we can make real head way there

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

8 points from those 5 games and I'll be content.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The 87/88 first game of the season was also away at arsenal. A 2 1 win a bit like now it was the start of a new era. Rush had been sold Barnes, aldridge and beardsley brought in with the money. Probably my favourite liverpool team to watch some amazing football that season the 5 0 home win over Forest who had a great team at the time was an unreal performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would love is to be looking for Berahino if they are interested in Benteke.

I wouldn't mind if the club did did look for him, but only if its to tell himself and his agent to fuck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

5starpool wrote: »
    8 points from those 5 games and I'll be content.

I believe we will have 6 in first two games.
    Arsenal are less prepared
    It will be a good victory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Knex. wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if the club did did look for him, but only if its to tell himself and his agent to fuck off.

Oh yea I forgot he had that f&cking guy as his agent. That would be a definite reason not to go near him. I would be refusing to deal with him ever again to be honest. Who will we miss out on? Sterling, Berhino? I'll live with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Arse A
    Burley A
    Spurs A
    Leicester H
    Chelsea A

Totally disagree with Giles because I think City have a great squad BUT...

Great time to play Arsenal, there probably won't be a better time all season. Klopp is all about high intensity, high energy, high pressing... basically high everything. I would imagine energy levels will be at their peak well before other teams get into their stride.

I don't think Leicester will be great this year. Burnley are a club who will likely be battling relegation. Spurs and Chelsea away are obviously difficult but they have to be played at some stage. A win at a weak Arsenal and momentum could be a great thing by the time those fixtures roll around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Cover the 3-3 as well and the 50/1 on no goalscorer.:D
    You know that LB is getting one.

Concisely and precisely no doubt. Love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Look at it this way.

5 games in and we have 3 of our 5 main rivals for a top 4 spot already played away

Arse A
    Burley A
    Spurs A
    Leicester H
    Chelsea A

Tough start is to our advantage but we'll need 2 most games
    Why cant we defend set-pieces?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement