Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Good start to the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Another brilliant result. Great weekend to be a Liverpool fan so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

What a weekend of results, whatever happens later today we finish the weekend in third place and tied for first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If only both teams could lose the next game that would be a great weekend.

I guess I'll take a draw or a Chelsea win.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not even could should be mentioned! I'd love it I would if no one noticed Liverpool had won the title until it happened! :D

Jaysus, all the ****e we've had to listen to over the years means that's an impossible thing to ask unless we were a mile behind and everyone else messed up at the end.

I think Harry wants us to do a Steven Bradbury (look it up). I want us to crush it all year and win at a canter. Won't happen of course, but that's what I'd love, no drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Draw would be ideal, 2 points dropped for each of them, but United losing is never a bad result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not even could should be mentioned! I'd love it I would if no one noticed Liverpool had won the title until it happened! :D
    rob316 wrote: »
    I'm not mentioning title challenge until March until then we are in the battle for top 4.

the goal of this club should always be 1st but we need to be calm and keep our feet on the ground a bit and just enjoy the football been played.

Whatever about city's attack they are worse than us defensively. I know we can't defend a set pieces for our lives but we look fairly comfortable in open play.

Don't like this mentality.

Are you all superstitious? Nothing that we say here will influence the outcome.

I'm just making a call based on what I see and results. We're level now with City and Arsenal on points with almost a quarter of the season done.

No reason to say that we cannot compete at this point, especially when looking at the fixtures and I'm sure Klopp is saying the same thing to his players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

This week clearly shows the advantage of no European football.
    So many teams looking tired in the last 30 mins. Southampton if they were a bit fresher could have won the game today. Arsenal,Spurs,City all struggled with energy levels & all could easily have lost this week.
    I think Man Utd will struggle against Chelsea too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

NukaCola wrote: »
    With the WB player blocking Karius so he couldn't close down the strike, surely it was offside?

MbZZEs8.png

Nah that only counts at Old Trafford!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

5starpool wrote: »
    Jaysus, all the ****e we've had to listen to over the years means that's an impossible thing to ask unless we were a mile behind and everyone else messed up at the end.

I think Harry wants us to do a Steven Bradbury (look it up). I want us to crush it all year and win at a canter. Won't happen of course, but that's what I'd love, no drama.

What a story!! Nice reference!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm looking forward to an open, entertaining game of attacking football by two of the most expensively assembled squads in football history.

Or a parked bus stand-off.

I think I know which is more likely:)

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't like this mentality.

Are you all superstitious? Nothing that we say here will influence the outcome.

I'm just making a call based on what I see and results. We're level now with City and Arsenal on points with almost a quarter of the season done.

No reason to say that we cannot compete at this point, especially when looking at the fixtures and I'm sure Klopp is saying the same thing to his players.

With this in mind, I would like to acknowledge that we ARE competing for the title. Regardless of what Klopp says in public I would be very surprised if he himself was ruling out winning the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If this result in the Chelsea-Utd game stays the same the misery it will inflict on Mourinho will be a balm of sorts for what we had to suffer through on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Just need to make sure I get something nice for my tea, and this will have been a spiffing weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gbear wrote: »
    If this result in the Chelsea-Utd game stays the same the misery it will inflict on Mourinho will be a balm of sorts for what we had to suffer through on Monday.

Would prefer a draw but I'd settle for Utd being embarrassed also.....

Don't like either club; and a draw is the logical result for us but I just can't supress an emotional 'Yes' when teams score against Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Really putting one team in a hole is preferable to me at this point.

I'd sooner put one horse out of the race than make all the horses a little slower.

The problem with this league is how many teams you need to scrape past in any given season.
    Bayern, Juventus, Barca and Real are all much better than their opponents in their leagues than in comparison to the gap between PL teams, but there's more variation in who wins things there than in the PL because there's fewer teams that need to **** up for an outsider to succeed.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

1 point between the top 5 is mad.

I'd sooner put one horse out of the race than make all the horses a little slower.

The problem with this league is how many teams you need to scrape past in any given season.
    Bayern, Juventus, Barca and Real are all much better than their opponents in their leagues than in comparison to the gap between PL teams, but there's more variation in who wins things there than in the PL because there's fewer teams that need to **** up for an outsider to succeed.
    But Man Utd are a only a little very expensive horse that needs milk & to learn how to jump. Unfair to expect a title challenge from a little horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Looks like it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It's a roasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Did The eye gouger lose the keys to the bus or are they wore out after their cup final last Monday night?? Maybe the football Einstein's might have an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Speak Now wrote: »
    Did The eye gouger lose the keys to the bus or are they wore out after their cup final last Monday night?? Maybe the football Einstein's might have an opinion.

Post match press conference should be good :pac:

One point from 6 for Mourinho , the greatest manager of all time versus 4 from 6 for the manager who almost got Dortmund relegated whilst qualifying for Europe in the world's weakest league.

Can't wait for Utd fans analysis of this.

5lytn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

From Red Monday to Schadenfreude Sunday - a week is a long time in the life of Jose Mourinho.

Pretty disappointed with Monday's point, now!

corwill wrote: »
    Pretty disappointed with Monday's point, now!

Game today turned on its head by the early goal. Meant Utd had to change tactics and leave more space for Chelsea. That's the difference between today and Monday.

Really tight at the Top, Top 4 now too. Great to be up there though.

I've a nice bit of roast beef on, think I'll do roast potatoes too which I don't normally do ..... feel quite Christmassy :D

• Advertisement

Anyone seen Rayne?

Mourinho still getting the best out of Chelsea

The part in bold makes no sense to me and sounds counter intuitive. Without checking anything, out of laziness, I would argue that there is alot more variation in who wins things in the Premier League actually, in the past ten years alone Leicester have won the league and wigan won the FA cup. Portsmouth I think won an FA cup in the last ten years tho it may have been a year or two before. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting but even with just those if you add them to Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal who all regularly win things I'd like you to show me a top league in Europe with more variation than that. (don't think Spurs have actually won a trophy in the last ten years but they deserve an honourable mention all the same.)

Mourinho still getting the best out of Chelsea

Stolen from Gudjohnsen!

raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

absolutely glorious after all the back patting after Monday. De Gea got them out of jail, no escape today.

mosstin wrote: »
    Stolen from Gudjohnsen!

Really? Awh :o

Was happy enough with that one.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great to see his bus leave with 4 flat tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

looks like the bus strikes caught up on Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I might be wrong, but it could be hard to sell that one as a great tactical display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I missed the first half but in the second half when Hazard scored you could see the difference in formation between then and Monday night for Utd, which was why Chelsea were able to play through them. Really hate Mourinho parking the bus against us.
    Would have preferred a draw probably, but happy to see Mourinho's Utd hammered all the same lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ebbsy wrote: »
    It's a roasting.

Turn your thermostat down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't like either club; and a draw is the logical result for us but I just can't supress an emotional 'Yes' when teams score against Utd.

The Jose factor seals it for me.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    The Jose factor seals it for me.

That adds extra spice alright.

I do wonder if he's on the wane now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Apparently the delicate flower didn't like Conte playing the crowd, Jose doesn't do that!!

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Turn your thermostat down.

I'm working with a bunch of Italians at the moment and I must admit I lol'ed at this! :D That is exactly how they speak except you are missing all the hand waving which would be impossible to convey on a message board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Absolutely lethal from one of our favourite journalists:

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/790229987148369920

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just a pity we played them first there was no way they could keep up parking the bus for two matching running against two hard pressing teams.

Just a pity we played them first there was no way they could keep up parking the bus for two matching running against two hard pressing teams.

It'll be interesting to see how Giggs sets them up in the return fixture.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think playing Man Utd today would have been a big advantage with them having a game Thursday too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement