Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just a pity we played them first there was no way they could keep up parking the bus for two matching running against two hard pressing teams.

Chelsea got the break today that we didn't get with a goal after 30 seconds. Pretty much ruined any bus parking plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That's what happens when you blow all that money on Pogba, you don't have the budget for a 52 seater bus for two games in a week and you end up with a 12 seater mini-bus that just doesn't have makes he same defensive capabilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's a 29 game season now and we have a lead most of the teams and we don't have to play away to Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs.
    Season starts today, game on .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Couldn't happen to a nicer manager or club, tbh. They are far from dead and buried and could well still have a very good season, but I'm enjoying it now. I missed the game, so wonder what time MOTD2 is on at? Some people are historically good at supplying that information.

We play teams in lower half of league until Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

From what I can gather the general gist of what mourinho said to conte after the match- "don't shift my ex girlfriend in front of me it's humiliating". :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea got the break today that we didn't get with a goal after 30 seconds. Pretty much ruined any bus parking plans.

Those mistakes are easier to make when tiredness and slips in concentration kicks in your third game in 7 days compared to your first.

PL winner odds.......... best prices available...
    Man City 6/4
    Liverpool 7/2
    Arsenal 6/1
    Chelsea 13/2
    Spurs 12/1
    Man Utd 25/1

Liverpool really short compared to Arsenal & Chelsea considering how close we are in table.

Keep the Liverpool always underpriced speel lads, we've all heard it before, cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Augeo wrote: »
    PL winner odds.......... best prices available...
    Man City 6/4
    Liverpool 7/2
    Arsenal 6/1
    Chelsea 13/2
    Spurs 12/1
    Man Utd 25/1

Liverpool really short compared to Arsenal & Chelsea considering how close we are in table.

Keep the Liverpool always underpriced speel lads, we've all heard it before, cheers :D

United odds are actually half tempting.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Alonso77 wrote: »
    From what I can gather the general gist of what mourinho said to conte after the match- "don't shift my ex girlfriend in front of me it's humiliating". :D

Surely he would have said that to John Terry?

• Advertisement

If a joke needs to be explained it ain't funny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That's what happens when you blow all that money on Pogba, you don't have the budget for a 52 seater bus for two games in a week and you end up with a 12 seater mini-bus that just doesn't have makes he same defensive capabilities.

Laboured. Though I like where your head is at :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Arsenal away - 15/16 - 1, 16/17, 3
    Newcastle/Burnley away - 15/16 - 0, 16/17 - 0
    Spurs away - 15/16 - 1, 16/17 - 1
    Leicester Home - 15/16 - 3, 16/17 - 3
    Chelsea away - 15/16 - 3, 16/17 - 3
    Villa/Hull home - 15/16 - 3, 16/17 - 3
    Swansea away - 15/16 - 0, 16/16 - 3
    United home - 15/16 - 0, 16/17 - 1
    West Brom home - 15/16 - 1, 16/17 - 3
    Total: 15/16 - 12, 16/17 - 20

Copied from elsewhere. We have an increase of 8 (yes, 8!) points from corresponding fixtures from last season. That's nearly 1 point extra per game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So last season we'd be just about where Man Utd* are now?

Obligatory reference for the Utd lurkers :)

Copied from elsewhere. We have an increase of 8 (yes, 8!) points from corresponding fixtures from last season. That's nearly 1 point extra per game.

That's seriously impressive considering the demoralised shambles he inherited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

If that sort of performance continues to the end of the season we'll be............

BenEadir wrote: »
    If that sort of performance continues to the end of the season we'll be............

On 98 points?! :eek: :pac:

Not sure If it posted already but Klopp yesterday post match following question about being joint top -"who wants to be top in October?".

Good stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Not sure If it posted already but Klopp yesterday post match following question about being joint top -"who wants to be top in October?".

Good stuff

At the risk of sounding like a member of the stonecutters...

We do.

Obligatory reference for the Utd lurkers :)

I'd say it's the last place any of them will be for a few days at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We only scored something like only 8 or 9 goals in those same games too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    We only scored something like only 8 or 9 goals in those same games too.

10 I think. 3 vs Villa and Chelsea, 2 vs West Brom and 1 vs Leicester and Swansea iirc.

I'm glad Tipsy McSwagger & Myself's Agenda as it was called on many times worked out.

That agenda being wanting Klopp in charge.

It's good to know two posters with Agenda's on Boards.ie can have such influence on world affairs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DrumSteve wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a member of the stonecutters...

We do.

Who enjoys when Jurgen talks?
    Who shouts abuse when Sturridge walks?
    We do! We do!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

martyos121 wrote: »
    Who enjoys when Jurgen talks?
    Who shouts abuse when Sturridge walks?
    We do! We do!

Waiting for BT to make an ad of that soon. The Halloween one for our game with Palace is so bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Gerrard to return as a coach is the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

daithijjj wrote: »
    Gerrard to return as a coach is the latest.

Naw, I've seen enough busses at Anfield for a while, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Brilliant biggrin.png

Gerrard can coach the U9's. Any higher up the food chain than that and I'll be worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm glad Tipsy McSwagger & Myself's Agenda as it was called on many times worked out.

That agenda being wanting Klopp in charge.

It's good to know two posters with Agenda's on Boards.ie can have such influence on world affairs :pac:

We were the only 2 people who wanted Rodgers out and we took a lot of stick from a lot of posters, but fcuk it lets all just enjoy the great transformation our club is going through.

We were the only 2 people who wanted Rodgers out and we took a lot of stick from a lot of posters, but fcuk it lets all just enjoy the great transformation our club is going through.

klopp-gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rodgers time was up & it was right to let him go majority of posters in this thread realized that just didn't resort to abusing the manager.
    But I think overall he did a good job & the club was in a better position (squad wise) when he left than when he arrived. 13/14 despite failing against Chelsea was a great season with amazing attacking football. Rodgers is now doing a good job at Celtic too.

Gerrard would be an asset to anyone.
    He has plenty to offer.
    He could play top flight football in Italy for next 3 years.
    He's not old yet . Look at Ibram at United .

..... didn't ye both want Ayre gone too?
    Must be like Christmas for ye.

We were been linked with managers like Scooby Doo at that point though.

We would have sacked him a day into job if we knew Klopp would take role .

• Advertisement

Gerrard would be an asset to anyone.
    He has plenty to offer.
    He could play top flight football in Italy for next 3 years.
    He's not old yet . Look at Ibram at United .

He's no chance of playing for us.

“this will be a really big surprise –he is always so welcome at Liverpool,”

“Everything we will talk to each other about will stay in these talks. That is how I know Stevie and that is how I am.

“Nobody should be worried that we don’t have space for Steven Gerrard. Everything will be fine, 100 per cent.”

Is that Klopp saying those things.

Space - not a squad number. There is space at Kirkby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Space - not a squad number. There is space at Kirkby

Has he his coaching badges ?

What space ?

Will his presence undermine Henderson again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Laboured. Though I like where your head is at :)

Why say anything in a few words when you can ramble on with more words than are completely necessary in making your point or in my case an failed attempt at humour but which at the same time was trying to make a point about certain strategies.

Would he be a Mini-coach or 52 seater though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Was gonna compare Gerrard with McAllister, but the game has moved on. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

You constantly called him a spoofer and moaned about him during his whole reign. Even when we were winning. I'd call you consistent but nothing to be proud of IMO.

I'm not trying to have a dig at you btw, I just find calling for someone to get fired consistently bad form, even when winning.....

So maybe chance our arm by offering City Sturridge for Aguero in the January transfer window.:pac:

Neither striker seems wanted by their present managers.

Fresh week all is good Klopp hugs all round!

tumblr_odmcy16VfE1v85rsuo4_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That utd thread is hilarious. They have a good old pop at pep and then jump on the fact that one Liverpool poster mentioned we may win the league this year. After yesterdays game they then give out about other teams fans discussing their team. We then have some of their posters coming in here telling us they have a squad full of brilliant players . They really are having difficulty adjusting to the reality of the post fergie era. Its weird as any utd fan I know or talk to can discuss the issues in a logical way. There is obviously a culture of defend my club at all costs on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That utd thread is hilarious. They have a good old pop at pep and then jump on the fact that one Liverpool poster mentioned we may win the league this year. After yesterdays game they then give out about other teams fans discussing their team. We then have some of their posters coming in here telling us they have a squad full of brilliant players . They really are having difficulty adjusting to the reality of the post fergie era. Its weird as any utd fan I know or talk to can discuss the issues in a logical way. There is obviously a culture of defend my club at all costs on boards.

Many Liverpool fans/posters get like this too but maybe in different ways......as you say theres a culture of defend my club on boards.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

NukaCola wrote: »
    Many Liverpool fans/posters get like this too but maybe in different ways......as you say theres a culture of defend my club on boards.....
    No there's not, you take that back ya hoor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

NukaCola wrote: »

Actually prefer that, nothing worse than talking to a fan ,oh we won the treble but we were poor doing, no matter what is achieved it will not be good enough

Most are grand, but there are a couple in particular that are very grating recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If we do rotate tomorow. It would be good to Alexander-Arnold,Ejaria & Ings all 3 have been superb for the u23's.
    Alexander-Arnold & Woodburn are two of our most promising youngsters since Sterling I would say.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement