Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

MD1990 wrote: »
    If we do rotate tomorow. It would be good to Alexander-Arnold,Ejaria & Ings all 3 have been superb for the u23's.
    Alexander-Arnold & Woodburn are two of our most promising youngsters since Sterling I would say.

I reckon a couple of those will be on the bench, but I doubt any will start. It'll be a strong team but with a few changes like Mignolet, Moreno, Lucas, Klavan Sturridge or Origi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

its weird as any utd fan I know or talk to can discuss the issues in a logical way. There is obviously a culture of defend my club at all costs on boards.

It's not a boards culture. When discussing football in real life, you can see the person you are taking to and subconsciously adjust your expectations accordingly. If a child or someone with obvious special needs is ranting at you about their team, you can nod and smile at them so as not to ruin whatever self confidence they have mustered.

On here, unfortunately they are treated as if taking to peers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So...you are saying United fans on boards are like special needs kids. Got ya.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Kirby wrote: »
    So...you are saying United fans on boards are like special needs kids. Got ya.

:D

All threads n forums have their gems in fairness.
    If went through life having as many drawn out arguments as on here, you'd lock yourself up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Augeo wrote: »
    He's no chance of playing for us.

Don't know about that...Give him a pair of gloves and stick him in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

We were the only 2 people who wanted Rodgers out and we took a lot of stick from a lot of posters, but fcuk it lets all just enjoy the great transformation our club is going through.

Plenty of people didn't want Rodgers at the club. Liverpool haven't won anything under klopp yet so I wouldn't get too ahead of myself

Its only takes one poor run of games and fans, media, former players (and of course driven by goading from rival fans) will be calling for a managers head even if you reach two European cup finals in 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Gerrard coming back as anything but back room staff would be madness.

For him and the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Plenty of people didn't want Rodgers at the club. Liverpool haven't won anything under klopp yet so I wouldn't get too ahead of myself

Its only takes one poor run of games and fans, media, former players (and of course driven by goading from rival fans) will be calling for a managers head even if you reach two European cup finals in 3 years

Wasn't it you that was calling for Rodgers head after a poor preseason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For him and the club.

Preferably backroom staff with the underage teams for a couple of seasons to gain experience or send him on coaching loan to Klopp's mate at Huddersfield for a season or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Spurs presser.

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/790523734218145792
    Klopp: "In this moment we have a No 1 and that's Loris Karius. That's the situation. I cannot leave them in doubt."

https://twitter.com/tonybarrett/status/790523300850069504
    Klopp confirms Mignolet will start against Spurs.

If Mignolet has a good game against Spurs that Karius might feel increased pressure which might or might not help him.

Presumably Klopp has assured Karius that he's #1 for the foreseeable future and not just "in this moment"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Another article on Sturrisge but it is a good one

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10629175/why-daniel-sturridge-is-not-doing-enough-for-jurgen-klopps-liverpool

This stood out for me
    Klopp places huge importance on winning the ball back high up the pitch. It's fundamental to his philosophy of counter-pressing. Sturridge doesn't do it well. Indeed, there isn't much evidence that he has embraced it at all. Remarkably, the forward is yet to make a single tackle in 348 minutes of Premier League football this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Met this girl on Monday, took her for a drink on Tuesday, we be making love by Wednesday, & on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sadio Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If Mignolet has a good game against Spurs that Karius might feel increased pressure which might or might not help him.

Presumably Klopp has assured Karius that he's #1 for the foreseeable future and not just "in this moment"

Klopp decided Mignolet wasn't good enough last season not 5 games ago. Karius will remain number one until he proves to Klopp he can't be, Mignolet can save 20 point blank shots against spurs it wont matter.

rob316 wrote: »
    Klopp decided Mignolet wasn't good enough last season not 5 games ago. Karius will remain number one until he proves to Klopp he can't be, Mignolet can save 20 point blank shots against spurs it wont matter.

And to my point increased pressure might not help Karius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

5starpool wrote: »
    I reckon a couple of those will be on the bench, but I doubt any will start. It'll be a strong team but with a few changes like Mignolet, Moreno, Lucas, Klavan Sturridge or Origi.

Whatever about Sturridge, there would be something very strange going on if Origi doesn't start v Spurs. I don't see any reasonable reason for not starting him if he's fit and considered on the fringe of the first team. Sturridge has been at least getting starts but Origi has not been getting enough minutes for me. If he doesn't start I'm going to start thinking he's for sale.

Ings needs to be starting, he's put his head down and slugged it out in the under 23's, its time Klopp gave him a chance otherwise sell him January. He's a good pro and too good for the Liverpool reserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So all three strikers MUST play tomorrow then?!

Ings, Sturridge and Origi need to wait until next season to varying degrees to get minutes.

This season is unusual for us with no European football.

Wouldn't want any of the three sold in Jan or the Summer unless they are upgraded upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ings needs to be starting, he's put his head down and slugged it out in the under 23's, its time Klopp gave him a chance otherwise sell him January. He's a good pro and too good for the Liverpool reserves.

I agree he deserves a chance, but not from the start. He should be making bench appearances before giving him a starting role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Met this girl on Monday, took her for a drink on Tuesday, we be making love by Wednesday, & on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sadio Mane.

You shamelessly stole that from yesterday's TAW "The Pink" :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Definitely he has been hard done by more than anyone else
    Has kept his head down and his mouth shut put in some great performances with the u23s and is a player that never stops working who you would think would be perfect for our style of play
    Surely deserves a few minutes here and there and I would start him Tuesday night

So all three strikers MUST play tomorrow then?!

One of them will start at most I reckon.

Lucas in for Henderson, and then Can and Wijnaldum ahead of them I reckon with Lallana rested. Possible that Can might move back to Hendo's role and Wijnaldum and Lallana playing though, but I reckon Lucas will start.

You shamelessly stole that from yesterday's TAW "The Pink" :D:D

There is no shame at all. I'm the most unoriginal person out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

There is no shame at all. I'm the most unoriginal person out there.
    Who'd you steal that apology from then eh?

Skeptical hippo....is skeptical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

So you wanna make love to mane? at least let him do you because we don't want to mess up his running

MD1990 wrote: »

Whats the story with gif of games these days ? Because this post on twitter shows exactly why Firmino is one of the first names on the team.

You just wouldn't see Sturridge doing this.

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/790512483740049408

^^

Exactly no arguments there, he has been outstanding off the ball as much as on it. Sturridge fit in last season because Klopp hadn't implemented his pressing game on the side, he alluded to this constantly as we didn't have anytime to train due to the sheer amount of games (most of any PL side).

It's why I think Ings would be a better fit now and we know the lad can score goals.

^^

Exactly no arguments there, he has been outstanding off the ball as much as on it. Sturridge fit in last season because Klopp hadn't implemented his pressing game on the side, he alluded to this constantly as we didn't have anytime to train due to the sheer amount of games (most of any PL side).

It's why I think Ings would be a better fit now and we know the lad can score goals.

Really hope Ings can work his way back into the team after this recovery spell with the kids

Mr.H wrote: »
    So you wanna make love to mane? at least let him do you because we don't want to mess up his running

**** that. I'd say the fella is packing heat. If you think I would mess up his running, then he would mess up my walking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

**** that. I'd say the fella is packing heat. If you think I would mess up his running, then he would mess up my walking.

gif-not-impressed-eww-euw-awful-bad-clint-eastwood-disgust-gif.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Whats the story with gif of games these days ? Because this post on twitter shows exactly why Firmino is one of the first names on the team.

That's just pure instinct from Firmino there as well. It was probably a few minutes later, after the resulting counter attack, that he even realised that he had done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Twitter and YouTube are OK, the rest don't have copyright afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

IAIlWcG.jpgIAIlWcGg.jpg
    Seeing as Morzadec isn't around, I found this alternative table on much the same principle to show who is doing best atm.

https://imgur.com/a/bN0Dl

Excellent chart for Liverpool and not just because we're currently at the top but for the reason why we are. It shows that Klopp is getting better results as compared to a year ago against same level opposition.

Here's the Top 8 mini table - with LFC easily the top side against the other 7, albeit having also played the most.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=329867.0;attach=274365;image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

IAIlWcG.jpgIAIlWcGg.jpg
    Seeing as Morzadec isn't around, I found this alternative table on much the same principle to show who is doing best atm.

https://imgur.com/a/bN0Dl

Delighted with this. It's about time Liverpool had its own underground. Is there a stop at Anfield?

mosstin wrote: »
    Delighted with this. It's about time Liverpool had its own underground. Is there a stop at Anfield?

There is one at Mornington Crescent :D

Excellent chart for Liverpool and not just because we're currently at the top but for the reason why we are. It shows that Klopp is getting better results as compared to a year ago against same level opposition.

Here's the Top 8 mini table - with LFC easily the top side against the other 7, albeit having also played the most.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=329867.0;attach=274365;image

they should just give us the top 8 title now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is everything still wonderful in here.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Is everything still wonderful in here.

Util we get knocked out of the cup tomorrow and Benteke scores the winner against us next weekend it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

5starpool wrote: »
    Util we get knocked out of the cup tomorrow and Benteke scores the winner against us next weekend it is.

No midweek game for Palace either, plenty changes tomorrow hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would be nice to do well in both cups and league
    A treble would not be a lot to ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ballon d'Or list should have Coutinho on it considering it has some run of the mill goalkeepers on it. Put him at 30 on top 30 list at least.
    He has been consistent for 3 years straight now. Spurs keeper makes list, geez .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ballon d'Or list should have Coutinho on it considering it has some run of the mill goalkeepers on it. Put him at 30 on top 30 list at least.
    He has been consistent for 3 years straight now. Spurs keeper makes list, geez .

I like Lloris a lot. That save on Saturday was special.

Klopp has indicated that the kids will feature heavily in tomorrows squad with Ings certainly playing a part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

That utd thread is hilarious. They have a good old pop at pep and then jump on the fact that one Liverpool poster mentioned we may win the league this year. After yesterdays game they then give out about other teams fans discussing their team. We then have some of their posters coming in here telling us they have a squad full of brilliant players . They really are having difficulty adjusting to the reality of the post fergie era. Its weird as any utd fan I know or talk to can discuss the issues in a logical way. There is obviously a culture of defend my club at all costs on boards.

How long do you reckon it will be before the phrase "typical xxxxx fan, always living in the past" becomes synonymous with Utd instead of us. Personally I have already started using it on my Utd supporting mates, it really seems to irritate them after years of saying it about us! :D

For him and the club.

Is there anything to be said for bringing him back as a coach whilst also registering him as a player, then bringing him on for the last few mins of games, just enough times for him to be eligible for PL winners medal when we finally win it under Klopp? After all his years of loyal service would be some way to show our appreciation for him. All he ever wanted was a league winners medal with his boyhood club. I know it may sound radical but the more I think about it the more I like the idea tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mormank wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for bringing him back as a coach whilst also registering him as a player, then bringing him on for the last few mins of games, just enough times for him to be eligible for PL winners medal when we finally win it under Klopp? After all his years of loyal service would be some way to show our appreciation for him. All he ever wanted was a league winners medal with his boyhood club. I know it may sound radical but the more I think about it the more I like the idea tbh.

No offence but thats a crazy suggestion.

No offence but thats a crazy suggestion.

Sure but next time a woman claims I'm not romantic I can just direct her to this post! :D

mormank wrote: »

That would be utterly embarrassing for all parties even if Liverpool won the title, if they didn't it would be mortifying. A football mercy fvck gone wrong!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement