Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

That would be utterly embarrassing for all parties even if Liverpool won the title, if they didn't it would be mortifying. A football mercy fvck gone wrong!

if this happens they can bring on the anfield cat as sub for all I care! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

That would be utterly embarrassing for all parties even if Liverpool won the title, if they didn't it would be mortifying. A football mercy fvck gone wrong!

Not as embarrassing as your team winning the CL final which you didn't play in but then you get changed in to your full kit and celebrate on the pitch as if you scored the winning goal!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

[PHP][/PHP]

If Klopp thinks he can use him in that capacity then he'll use him. Back end of the season we will have injuries and tired legs in midfield.

Gerrard coming on to close out the last 10-15 minutes is not beyond him as a player.

If Klopp says it's okay then it's okay!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Not as embarrassing as your team winning the CL final which you didn't play in but then you get changed in to your full kit and celebrate on the pitch as if you scored the winning goal!! :pac:

Its more embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Gerrard would be the first to say that suggestion is bollox. He wanted to WIN a pl medal, not be handed one.

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Gerrard would be the first to say that suggestion is bollox. He wanted to WIN a pl medal, not be handed one.

Hey, don't ruin the tinfoil hat theory

mormank wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for bringing him back as a coach whilst also registering him as a player, then bringing him on for the last few mins of games, just enough times for him to be eligible for PL winners medal when we finally win it under Klopp? After all his years of loyal service would be some way to show our appreciation for him. All he ever wanted was a league winners medal with his boyhood club. I know it may sound radical but the more I think about it the more I like the idea tbh.

How many seasons would you propose we implement this strategy for? You seem to think this year's title is in the bag already?
    dogbert27 wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

If Klopp thinks he can use him in that capacity then he'll use him. Back end of the season we will have injuries and tired legs in midfield.

Gerrard coming on to close out the last 10-15 minutes is not beyond him as a player.

If Klopp says it's okay then it's okay!! :)

Thankfully I'm sure Klopp won't do that, which is ok.
    Gerrard coming on to close out games? He never was that sort of player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gerrard will never play for Liverpool again, i would have thought that was fairly obvious.....

Kenny might get a run out v Palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I cant believe people think gerrard could still play for Liverpool. He did the sum total of nothing in the mls, his playing days are over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

NukaCola wrote: »
    Gerrard will never play for Liverpool again, i would have thought that was fairly obvious.....
    rob316 wrote: »
    I cant believe people think gerrard could still play for Liverpool. He did the sum total of nothing in the mls, his playing days are over.

I'd bring him in as a sub with a few minutes to play just once, so his last game wasnt thye 6-1 at Stoke.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Really hope Ings can work his way back into the team after this recovery spell with the kids

He's probably most suited of the 3 strikers on our books to play a supporting role to Firmino, if he's fully recovered from the injury he should be a great option.

An with the African CON looming in a couple of months we could do with a great option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gerrard to come back in January and challenge Milner and Reus for the left back spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We were the only 2 people who wanted Rodgers out and we took a lot of stick from a lot of posters, but fcuk it lets all just enjoy the great transformation our club is going through.

:rolleyes:

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

They are indeed rewriting history more than a tad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm going to miss the match tonight but will there be highlights shown later on tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Seen this on Gary Lineker vs the S*n (in the Guardian).

Link

It amazes me why anyone would buy that rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Seen this on Gary Lineker vs the S*n (in the Guardian).

Link

It amazes me why anyone would buy that rag.

The attack on Lineker was to distract from their own reporter the Fake Sheikh being sent down for 15 months that day after being found guilty of conspiring to pervert the course of justice.

rob316 wrote: »

LA Galaxy start their playoff run tomorrow. Remains to be seen whether the bolded is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Augeo wrote: »
    If Mignolet has a good game against Spurs that Karius might feel increased pressure which might or might not help him.

Presumably Klopp has assured Karius that he's #1 for the foreseeable future and not just "in this moment"
    Klopp said in the press conference yesterday that Karius is #1, Mignolet is not happy with the situation but that's football.

I'd like to see Wijnaldum & Can playing together tonight and see how they get on as a pair.

Wijnaldum & Henderson has worked so far this season so it would be nice to see how another pairing work from out main three CM's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Place is gone so quiet around here the last few months. Guess the crap posts are all gone and now it's serious soccer discussion. Which isn't leading to much unfortunately.

Glad to see luckyllyod is back. Don't agree with much of his stuff but a good poster.

So, whose doing the match thread? I know it's only the league cup and Spurs but surely it's worth a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Three is a crowd. Let them have their moment.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Place is gone so quiet around here the last few months. Guess the crap posts are all gone and now it's serious soccer discussion. Which isn't leading to much unfortunately.

Glad to see luckyllyod is back. Don't agree with much of his stuff but a good poster.

So, whose doing the match thread? I know it's only the league cup and Spurs but surely it's worth a thread.

I never left. Things are good, but it's early in the season and we need a ton more wins before it's time to get massively excited. Hence the relatively pedestrian pace on this thread.

It's a really positive thing tbh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I wouldn't be horrified at Gerrard signing as a player for the season.

Firstly he would strengthen our midfield and has a hell of a pass so he would fit into a Lucas type role. Maybe free up Hendo to go forward and press.

Or give him mins in the second half when we need cool heads to organise the side.

Remember he wasn't past it when he left. We needed more energy in midfield but he wasn't exactly being left out of the team

• Advertisement

I'd rather Sturridge starting every game than Gerrard ever getting minutes on the pitch for Liverpool ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'd love to see Sakho brought in from the cold for tonight's game. Would also like to see Sturridge, Origi, Grujic and Ings get some game time.

Sturridge
    Origi
    Ings

Grujic
    ---Wijnaldum
    Can

Moreno--Sakho---Klavan---Clyne

Mignolet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Mr.H wrote: »

Firstly he would strengthen our midfield and has school if a pass so he would fit into a Lucas type role. Maybe free up Henson to go forward and press.

Bad idea. Gerrard hasn't the legs or the head to play that position.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Tusky wrote: »
    I'd love to see Sakho brought in from the cold for tonight's game. Would also like to see Sturridge, Origi, Grujic and Ings get some game time.

Wont happen, he played in the U-23's the other day, anyone from that squad who is in contention for tonight didn't play the other day.

I still thinkhe's going to be pushed for another few weeks in the U-23's. I hear that he is getting more dominant with each game, but still not quite to the first team level yet.

I'd love if Origi went to that squad for a few weeks as well to build sharpness.

Firstly he would strengthen our midfield and has a hell of a pass so he would fit into a Lucas type role. Maybe free up Hendo to go forward and press.

Or give him mins in the second half when we need cool heads to organise the side.

Remember he wasn't past it when he left. We needed more energy in midfield but he wasn't exactly being left out of the team

Yes he was, he wouldn't have been left go otherwise.

I'm not disrespecting him, the man is a legend, a true one club man in a time where he could of played for anyone. But when he left it was the right time.

If Klopp does think there is a place for him still, so be it, but I don't see it.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be horrified at Gerrard signing as a player for the season..............

He's 37 in May, Jan is earliest he could play for us.

He was quite close to being past it when he left, teams in the PL weren't queuing up throwing £100k/week offers at him iirc.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

How's Ander Herrera's ankle doing these days anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Not sure if serious ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Tusky wrote: »

Sturridge
    Origi
    Ings

Grujic
    ---Wijnaldum
    Can

Moreno--Sakho---Klavan---Clyne

Mignolet

Barring an injury crisis sakho won't play again for Liverpool, loaned out to Italy in January would be my bet. Matip and lovren are set in stone as 1st choice and klaven has shown to be good back up, even Lucas has shown he can play there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Feck all buzz about the game tonight, really.

Spurs have been the most consistent side over the last 12-18 months, so I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do now with some momentum behind us, even if we don't perhaps play our strongest eleven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Our home form in all competitions:

DDWWWDWWWDWWDWWDW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Augeo wrote: »
    He's 37 in May, Jan is earliest he could play for us.

He was quite close to being past it when he left, teams in the PL weren't queuing up throwing £100k/week offers at him iirc.

I don't think I could handle the circus that would come with him too.
    Every time there's a break in play ... cut to Gerrard on the bench.
    Every time Henderson misplaces a pass ... cut to Gerrard on the bench.
    Every time a long ball doesn't reach it's target ... cut to Gerrard on the bench.

Then there's the "not sure why he doesn't bring on Stevie G" crap the likes of Savage, Owen, Neville and co would go on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

razorblunt wrote: »
    Every time a long ball doesn't reach it's target ... cut to Gerrard on the bench.

Then there's the "not sure why he doesn't bring on Stevie G" crap the likes of Savage, Owen, Neville and co would go on about.

Christ yeah, I wasn't for the idea in the first place without having even considered this factor :eek:

razorblunt wrote: »

I didn't even think of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

8-10 wrote: »
    Our home form in all competitions:

DDWWWDWWWDWWDWWDW

When was our last home defeat?

xabi wrote: »

Stoke 1-0 League cup although we won the tie on peno's

We also lost to United at home last January. That and Crystal Palace defeat are Klopps only defeats at home in the EPL.

xabi wrote: »

In the league it'd be United last Jan I think

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Gerrard was a liability mostly for us 2 years ago, no way he should get a playing contract with us now.

If he gets a coaching role hopefully it is under Neil Critchley or someone like that in the underage setup. If he wants to play again he should sign for a Championship or lower club really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »
    Gerrard was a liability mostly for us 2 years ago, no way he should get a playing contract with us now.

If he gets a coaching role hopefully it is under Neil Critchley or someone like that in the underage setup. If he wants to play again he should sign for a Championship or lower club really.

The utter nonsense about having to find a coaching role for club legends narks me. Love Gerrad, love what he did for us but has he started his coaching badges? And even if he has, we're at the higher echelons of the coaching tree - there's no way he should (nor will he) be fast-tracked into a senior coaching role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Let Stevie off to the toon as player coach under Rafa,do him good

It may not even be a coaching job.

His last contract for Liverpool, signed in 2012, had a clause in it. He will have a unique ambassadorial role at the club once his playing career is finally over.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/295354/Steven-Gerrard-has-a-job-for-life-at-Liverpool

Now, maybe he will get a coaching job, I dont know, but maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions until we know more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

TBH I think some of the lads are only starting to emerge from Gerrard's shadow now, such as Lovren and Henderson.

Having Stevie back in any kind of capacity so soon would not be a good thing. The bloke's a legend and will have a role at the club some day, but today is not that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

NukaCola wrote: »
    It may not even be a coaching job.

His last contract for Liverpool, signed in 2012, had a clause in it. He will have a unique ambassadorial role at the club once his playing career is finally over.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/295354/Steven-Gerrard-has-a-job-for-life-at-Liverpool

Now, maybe he will get a coaching job, I dont know, but maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions until we know more.

Maybe Klopp meant that there is always a role for Steebie at the club but not in a playing capacity. That's what I assumed and as you all know, I'm generally correct all the time. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lineup

43CcLD9.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement