Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

And 40 is being generous really.

40 stone maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Has to be said we are looking in great shape for the rest of the season. Real sense of something coming together under Klopp.

8 wins and 2 draws since Burnley blip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus all the hate on Moreno and saying he should never play for Liverpool again is a bit OTT!!

Sorry for taking your name in vain OwaynOTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Whatever about Karius looking dodgy under crosses lately, its nothing compared to how panicked we look when the ball is played back to Mignolet.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Why does redknapp keep saying sturridge is thinking "firmino should've been playing tonight"?

Just seems odd thing to point out

Because he has no clue what he is talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

martyos121 wrote: »
    Moreno looked great for the first hour of that match but he went back to his old ways shortly after.

At least twice in the last 20 minutes he was caught way up the pitch leaving a gaping hole where he should have been. Luckily Spurs messed it up. He'll never change. Even when he's playing decently there is always something mad on the way eventually.

5starpool wrote: »

In the context of this season it actually made zero sense in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

At least twice in the last 20 minutes he was caught way up the pitch leaving a gaping hole where he should have been. Luckily Spurs messed it up. He'll never change. Even when he's playing decently there is always something mad on the way eventually.

I'm not saying that Moreno is an idiot, I don't know the guy from Adam. But he plays football exactly like an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

This happens with Milner & it happened with Trent AA at times tonight too.
    It's a tactic to play our full backs very high to provide width since we don't play with wingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Thought Grujic had a great match too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »
    Thought Grujic had a great match too

Both Gruijic and Stewart were very good. Stewart is just so solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Anyone who thinks moreno didn't play well tonight is watching through biased eyes. Not that milner should be dropped but he was very good tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Why does redknapp keep saying sturridge is thinking "firmino should've been playing tonight"?

Because brexit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Jaysus all the hate on Moreno and saying he should never play for Liverpool again is a bit OTT!!

Sorry for taking your name in vain OwaynOTT.

Doing me out of about maybe 3-4 thanks there ya bollix.
    5starpool wrote: »

Literally or figuratively or both? It's both isn't it?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Doing me out of about maybe 3-4 thanks there ya bollix.

Have to steal the thanks these days.

Thanks whoring seems frowned on by some on here as well these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

He's sore cause he's demoted to pundit on this shïte, while monosyllabic Jamie gets the weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

mav79 wrote: »
    Whatever about Karius looking dodgy under crosses lately, its nothing compared to how panicked we look when the ball is played back to Mignolet.

In fairness to Mignolet, it is Hallowe'en, so he's doing his bit to frighten the ****e out of everyone. Lad can't buy a break these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Apart from the Man Utd game when he came on very late, Liverpool have a 100% record this season when Moreno plays...

#talisman

Have to steal the thanks these days.

Thanks whoring seems frowned on by some on here as well these days.

Prob by those who want them so bad but rarely get any!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sabat wrote: »
    Apart from the Man Utd game when he came on very late, Liverpool have a 100% record this season when Moreno plays...

#talisman

He came on against Burnley too.

• Advertisement

Prob by those who want them so bad but rarely get any!

Come on! What did I ever do to you?
    martyos121 wrote: »
    He came on against Burnley too.

100% unbeaten apart from we were beaten.

I like Moreno but he was caught out rotten once or twice position wise near the end.

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I like Moreno but he was caught out rotten once or twice position wise near the end.

MotD showed at the weekend what Lucas did when he came on instead of doing what everyone thought he would do sit back and defend the back four he just attacked.

We have to get used to everyone attacking and players will be caught out.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks moreno didn't play well tonight is watching through biased eyes. Not that milner should be dropped but he was very good tonight.

He played well for over an hour, but then his concentration lapsed drastically a fair few times.

MotD showed at the weekend what Lucas did when he came on instead of doing what everyone thought he would do sit back and defend the back four he just attacked.

We have to get used to everyone attacking and players will be caught out.

I accept that but Moreno was just jogging back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Sahko is never playing again, is he!?!

Sahko is never playing again, is he!?!

As much as I love Klopp, I don't think he has that much pull in the football world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

As much as I love Klopp, I don't think he has that much pull in the football world!

<I see what you did there meme>

<I see what you did there meme>

Tis a pity cos Sakho is a likeable and good player but I think his bridge with Klopp is a smouldering wreck at this stage

giphy.gif

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

I'm reading the book 'Jurgen Klopp' by Elmar Neveling on Kindle. T'is grand, anyway at the end of chapter 9 he talks about Balotelli.

The part is about building stability in a team first of all, then it has a comment from Klopp about the time Mario hit the youth player with a dart.

'if one his players pulled a stunt like that "they would never wear this club's shirt again. He won't get a second chance to make a mistake like that. Look you might be able to play but I don't want to see your face again. Not when we've got so many lads who are a joy to work with" '

So now for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Augeo wrote: »
    How many seasons would you propose we implement this strategy for? You seem to think this year's title is in the bag already?

Thankfully I'm sure Klopp won't do that, which is ok.
    Gerrard coming on to close out games? He never was that sort of player.

Having just logged back on I must admit I am quite surprised how many people took my suggestion about Gerrard seriously. Maybe it's because I put a "tbh" at the end. Of course it would be ridiculous! Nah I don't think this years title is already in the bag, are you mad? I've been a liverpool fan all my life (but not through the glory years) therefore my default position is to never believe we can win the title. Having said that, with Klopp I do firmly believe that before he leaves he will have won us at least 1 title and for someone who has never experienced a title win that is an extremely exciting prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

rob316 wrote: »
    I cant believe people think gerrard could still play for Liverpool. He did the sum total of nothing in the mls, his playing days are over.

Please refer to the above post. ^^^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Missed the game because I was at John Carpenter. I liked the part where I checked the score in the jacks and shouted "In yer FACE Spurs".

Zipped up, washed up and left.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Missed the game because I was at John Carpenter. I liked the part where I checked the score in the jacks and shouted "In yer FACE Spurs".

Zipped up, washed up and left.

Snake plissken would've been proud!

All I saw Lucas attack last night was ankles in the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He was nearly in the Spurs peno area at one point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'd say he had a good game.....sure he made a few mistakes and got caught out positionally but thats going to happen when you play like we do. Milner gets caught out plenty also. For 95% of the game I was happy enough with him.

However, the reason I had for not wanting him to play are still there, the rush of blood to the head that he gets will never be coached out of him. He's fine for these cup games but honestly, if we get to the business end of these competitions I'd rather he not start. As good as he can be theres always a huge mistake in him. We cant carry a player like that just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Everything is better when moreno is not playing, even this thread ,hope milner stays fit

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

He did play very well in fairness to him but look where he was for the chance that fell to the young lad who came on for Spurs. I'd say he was close to being our furthest player forward, absolutely crazy positioning that late in the game.

But no matter how good he plays, he is always guaranteed to be caught completely out of position a couple of times during the game. We were lucky tonight we didnt pay for it even though we should have.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah I'd rather not see Moreno play for us again tbh. He's shown time and time again he can be a liability in most games if not all he's played in. He plays well for periods in game, then does some stupid rash last ditch tackle or gets caught way way out of position.

Sakho to leave in January according to L'equipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yawns wrote: »
    Yeah I'd rather not see Moreno play for us again tbh. He's shown time and time again he can be a liability in most games if not all he's played in. He plays well for periods in game, then does some stupid rash last ditch tackle or gets caught way way out of position.

That's the thing... I don't rate him as a defender at all but if he's having a good game (. Which happens the odd time as he seems a decent footballer )he seems to lose the run of himself and becomes a headless chicken , diving in and going up field !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sakho to leave in January according to L'equipe.

As much as i like sakho he must really be a nightmare behind closed doors. I think the whole drugs test ban was the beggining of the end for him at lfc.

Anyway the lovren matip partnership is looking good and klavan seems a decent back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Our backup strikers are Origi, Sturridge and Ings, all 3 of those would start at most clubs in the league, its an embarrassment of riches. Really unlikely we are going to be able to keep them all happy and we will have to sell someone next summer even with the extra European games next season.

Fergusons united teams always had 3 or 4 really good strikers to rotate through, we need to have the same, so ideally I would prefer to keep them all.

I can remember when our backup to Torres was David Ngog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Poch having a go at klopp over his touchline antics,must be his attempt at mind games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Poch having a go at klopp over his touchline antics,must be his attempt at mind games

Strange that, he seemed unusually reserved last night. Spent most of the game seated from what I could see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Strange that, he seemed unusually reserved last night. Spent most of the game seated from what I could see...
    I'm just happy that United didn't break the bank to get him last Summer.

I reckon they could do some serious damage with him at the helm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

tinpib wrote: »
    I'm reading the book 'Jurgen Klopp' by Elmar Neveling on Kindle. T'is grand, anyway at the end of chapter 9 he talks about Balotelli.

The part is about building stability in a team first of all, then it has a comment from Klopp about the time Mario hit the youth player with a dart.

'if one his players pulled a stunt like that "they would never wear this club's shirt again. He won't get a second chance to make a mistake like that. Look you might be able to play but I don't want to see your face again. Not when we've got so many lads who are a joy to work with" '

So now for ya.

Thanks for this pointer re Klopp autobiography. It's prompted me to start my annual book order from Amazon (yes I still read actual books), with this being essential reading over xmas break with a few crushing victories from the lads too, hopefully

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I'd have had him more annoyed at the ref tbh. Some strange calls at times last night. The lucas peno was very very soft for me, but then moreno got away with a foul which was to me a peno. I think the ref bottled the moreno pen as he had given such a soft one.

There was another case with Clyne I think near the halfay touchline, he completely took the spurs player out of it and nothing given. I was shouting at the tv "wtf are you doing!" only for the ref to ignore it. Pretty sure he had seen the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

United next if they get through please, home or away not bothered. We'll see how Mourinho approaches a game he actually has to win and see how he does.

Failing that I'd like Newcastle, but only at home. I hear a former Liverpool manager has made SJP a fairly hostile place lately.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement