Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

rob316 wrote: »
    I hear a former Liverpool manager has made SJP a fairly hostile place lately.

I wouldn't blame Rafa for that, she's been practically out of work since Sex And The City.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wouldn't blame Rafa for that, she's been practically out of work since Sex And The City.
    I just listened to her on the Marc Maron podcast the other day, she's actually been very busy :)

Caught the second half last night and was impressed with a few players.

Origi - yesterday I wanted Ings ahead of him, he proved me wrong last night.
    Sturridge - Saw him running back quite a bit last night which impressed me, also looked like he was getting more involved in the game and drpping to pick up the ball.
    Grujic - This lad is going to be great.
    Ejario - This lad is going to be great. F*cking great.
    TAA - Looks promising alright
    Klavan - Solid performance without having played recently, we've seen that when Sahko comes back into the team in the past it takes a few weeks for him to get up and running. Not this lad, slots in and does his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Poch having a go at klopp over his touchline antics,must be his attempt at mind games

He was basically annoyed that Klopp got upset over the heavy foul on Ings and said that TAA foul should have been red but he wasn't going mad. He obviously did not realise that the reason Klopp got so upset was Ings was only coming back from injury and it was a bad challenge.

Nice deflection from his team being outplayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

NukaCola wrote: »
    He was basically annoyed that Klopp got upset over the heavy foul on Ings and said that TAA foul should have been red but he wasn't going mad. He obviously did not realise that the reason Klopp got so upset was Ings was only coming back from injury and it was a bad challenge.

Nice deflection from his team being outplayed.

Wasn't much in it to be honest (the comment)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Wasn't much in it to be honest (the comment)

Not at all, just paper talk really trying to put an angle on a flippant remark...
    Still unnecessary though IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I just listened to her on the Marc Maron podcast the other day, she's actually been very busy :)

Caught the second half last night and was impressed with a few players.

Origi - yesterday I wanted Ings ahead of him, he proved me wrong last night.
    Sturridge - Saw him running back quite a bit last night which impressed me, also looked like he was getting more involved in the game and drpping to pick up the ball.
    Grujic - This lad is going to be great.
    Ejario - This lad is going to be great. F*cking great.
    TAA - Looks promising alright
    Klavan - Solid performance without having played recently, we've seen that when Sahko comes back into the team in the past it takes a few weeks for him to get up and running. Not this lad, slots in and does his job.

Missed the opening 15 or so, so unfortunately I missed our brightest spell, was Spurs posession and mundanity for the remainder of the half.

Much better 2nd with out passing that bit sharper, quicker - Gini in particular coming to the fore, some engine on the lad. With that said I wasn't exactly bowled over by Grujic, I can't wait to see more of him, and hope he does well but I wouldn't be saying he's going to be great. In contrast - Ejaria looked very impressive - lovely turns, good touches, seemed like he could spot a pass too but was sometimes just a bit too slow in releasing it - a player who, like Sterling, would come on leaps and bounds if he got more gametime with the likes of Coutihno, Firmino etc.

TAA - should have seen red for his tackle but other than that he was solid, lets keep him away from Moreno before he starts tackling like that on the regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

rob316 wrote: »
    United next if they get through please, home or away not bothered. We'll see how Mourinho approaches a game he actually has to win and see how he does.

Failing that I'd like Newcastle, but only at home. I hear a former Liverpool manager has made SJP a fairly hostile place lately.
    That's tonight - if they beat Man City they will have some self belief.

Sakho to leave in January according to L'equipe.
    Hardly surprising. He had the opportunity to go on loan and redeem himself, instead he ignored Klopp and decided to stay before acting the maggot again. It's only going to end one way.

Either he's completely stupid or he has been trying to engineer a permanent move for himself.

cjmc wrote: »
    That's the thing... I don't rate him as a defender at all but if he's having a good game (. Which happens the odd time as he seems a decent footballer )he seems to lose the run of himself and becomes a headless chicken , diving in and going up field !
    He isn't a natural defender, he began his career as a winger. Klopp isn't likely to coach the natural tendency to go forward out of him, but I have my doubts about whether Moreno has sufficient intelligence to be able to make the right decision on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Talisman wrote: »
    He isn't a natural defender, he began his career as a winger. Klopp isn't likely to coach the natural tendency to go forward out of him, but I have my doubts about whether Moreno has sufficient intelligence to be able to make the right decision on the pitch.
    It's clearly a tactic to play the full backs very high up the pitch. Maybe some blame should go the midfield player who lost the ball.
    Now Moreno is probably 10 yards too high but it isn't all his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I'm just happy that United didn't break the bank to get him last Summer.

I reckon they could do some serious damage with him at the helm.

To get who? Klopp? Do you really think that Kloppo would have gone to utd for a few extra mill? I seriously doubt it. He is not the type of guy that is motivated by money imo. He has said so himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

MD1990 wrote: »
    It's clearly a tactic to play the full backs very high up the pitch. Maybe some blame should go the midfield player who lost the ball.
    Now Moreno is probably 10 yards too high but it isn't all his fault.

Generally speaking yes, but specifically referring to the chance last night where he must have been 50/60 yards away from the Spurs player who miscontrolled the pass late on in Moreno's position. A player should be intelligent enough to realise, we are one up heading into the last few mins, there is no need to be that far forward despite what the general tactic is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mormank wrote: »
    To get who? Klopp? Do you really think that Kloppo would have gone to utd for a few extra mill? I seriously doubt it. He is not the type of guy that is motivated by money imo. He has said so himself.
    Pochettino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Poch he is referring to. A fantastic young manager he is who has built a sold competitive Spurs side on a small budget, would hate to see him at United with their money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Looks like there is no way back for Sahko:

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/791250139516207105

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not at all, just paper talk really trying to put an angle on a flippant remark...
    Still unnecessary though IMO.

He was going on about the penalty shouts (poch) how animated klopp got,said he should stay seated lol..it's the refs call..

Always makes me laugh when managers call a spade a shovel when it involves them

Pochettino.

Ah yeah, Agreed. Would not like to see Poch at Utd. At least with Mourinho it's gonna be a double bonus watching them suffer! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Could see Chelsea come in for Sakho. Just hope they're made to pay over the odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Why does he keep appearing on my TV in **** ads? Is that a contractual obligation on behalf of Liverpool marketing dept. or a personal venture? I imagine he has to do it for Liverpool.

Annoying though. My pet peeve is celebrities flogging sh1te to us when they are already feckin loaded.

Could see Chelsea come in for Sakho. Just hope they're made to pay over the odds.

He's off abroad id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Why does he keep appearing on my TV in **** ads? Is that a contractual obligation on behalf of Liverpool marketing dept. or a personal venture? I imagine he has to do it for Liverpool.

Annoying though. My pet peeve is celebrities flogging sh1te to us when they are already feckin loaded.

Same reason all the players use Nivea for men and eat in Subway while having Dunkin Donuts and do their banking at Standard Chartered.

• Advertisement

From Reddit:

Klopp: James? Since I'm not talking to Mamadou, would you please ask him to pass me the syrup?
    Milner: please pass your manager the syrup, Mamadou.
    Mamadou: Daniel, tell Jurgen I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.
    Sturridge: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup Jurgboy?
    Klopp: James, tell Daniel I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.
    Milner: Tell him yourself, you're ignoring Mamadou, not Daniel.
    Klopp: Daniel, thank James for pointing that out.
    Milner: Jurgen, you're not not-talking to me and secondly I heard what you said.
    Jurgen: Mamadou, tell James to get off my case.
    Sturridge: Uhhh, boss, Mamadou's the one you're not talking to.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Same reason all the players use Nivea for men and eat in Subway while having Dunkin Donuts and do their banking at Standard Chartered.

I doubt it. Opel aren't a sponsor for the club in any way as far as I know, so must be Klopp's personal deal. He obviously had it as part of his contract that he could do his own commercial deals if he wished, and I'd imagine we gave him pretty much everything he asked for during those negotiations.

True. Must agree again but if I watched tv shows on tv I'm sure having Jurgen on during the ads would make life a little more endurable. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5starpool wrote: »
    I doubt it. Opel aren't a sponsor for the club in any way as far as I know, so must be Klopp's personal deal. He obviously had it as part of his contract that he could do his own commercial deals if he wished, and I'd imagine we gave him pretty much everything he asked for during those negotiations.

That's a deal he had in place before he came to Liverpool he was filming those Opel ads in Turkey last year before joining that's when everyone said he was joining a Turkish team.

Last week he signed a personal deal with New Balance to be there brand ambassador who are a major sponsor of the club.

brevity wrote: »
    From Reddit:

Klopp: James? Since I'm not talking to Mamadou, would you please ask him to pass me the syrup?
    Milner: please pass your manager the syrup, Mamadou.
    Mamadou: Daniel, tell Jurgen I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.
    Sturridge: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup Jurgboy?
    Klopp: James, tell Daniel I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.
    Milner: Tell him yourself, you're ignoring Mamadou, not Daniel.
    Klopp: Daniel, thank James for pointing that out.
    Milner: Jurgen, you're not not-talking to me and secondly I heard what you said.
    Jurgen: Mamadou, tell James to get off my case.
    Sturridge: Uhhh, boss, Mamadou's the one you're not talking to.

Not sure why you felt the need to take it off Reddit and post it here. :confused: Maybe I just don't get it. :o Kinda sounds like one of those boring James Milner posts.

• Advertisement

Not sure why you felt the need to take it off Reddit and post it here. :confused: Maybe I just don't get it. :o Kinda sounds like one of those boring James Milner posts.

It's from The Simpsons. When Lisa and Homer stopped talking to each other because Lisa ruined his BBQ.

https://youtu.be/KnqVvXkEPzA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Couldn't give a shít if he's making money outside of Liverpool, if he's given the opportunity to make bank off a few hours of work why shouldn't he take it.

brevity wrote: »
    It's from The Simpsons. When Lisa and Homer stopped talking to each other because Lisa ruined his BBQ.

https://youtu.be/KnqVvXkEPzA

Aaaaaaaaahhh! Well now I'm glad I asked. Much better reference now (for me anyway). :) I'm a bit tired and hungover today so a bit slow on the uptake.

Couldn't give a shít if he's making money outside of Liverpool, if he's given the opportunity to make bank off a few hours of work why shouldn't he take it.

Becuase of dignity, thats why.

Very foreign concept in the PL these days don't ya think.

Ah yeah, Agreed. Would not like to see Poch at Utd. At least with Mourinho it's gonna be a double bonus watching them suffer! :D
    Enjoying. Every. Single. Moment.;)

Very foreign concept in the PL these days don't ya think.

Evil can only win when good men make bad ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Stab*City wrote: »

And to think I was feeling sorry for the lad, having to train with the U-23s. :pac:

Enjoying. Every. Single. Moment.;)

I've even managed to convince one of my Man U supporting friends to take a double bet on the return fixture at Old Trafford (at bookies odds of course) and who will finish higher this season between us and them. Here's hoping they get out their group in the Europa so they can continue playing Thursday and Sunday after xmas, should help my bet. :cool:

garra wrote: »
    And to think I was feeling sorry for the lad, having to train with the U34--23-30s. :pac:

FYP ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Dignity?

Ohhh, I'll show you dignity.

621d6995e1e4fd6a916c35bd32efd0fd.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Wow forgot about Sakho.....what is he doing now? How come he's not getting a sniff of this season? Is he injured?

Pity Sakho didn't work but only himself to blame.

I like Klopps ruthlessness tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Wow forgot about Sakho.....what is he doing now? How come he's not getting a sniff of this season? Is he injured?

Where have you been? He's frozen out due to being a bit of an arse too often, now playing with the U23s and to be shipped out in January apparently.

I had really high hopes for Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The paint fumes went straight to his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

martyos121 wrote: »
    The paint fumes went straight to his head.

It's a case of 'He'll get his coat' I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I know the poster was referring to Pochettino but could you imagine Klopp cribbing about needing another £100 or 200 million 9 games in?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    I know the poster was referring to Pochettino but could you imagine Klopp cribbing about needing another £100 or 200 million 9 games in?

Exactly! It's not his style. A few of my mates reckon we got "lucky" that Utd weren't looking for a manager when we were and that that's the only reason we got him over them, which is funny considering that now they claim they wouldn't swap, but we were not lucky to get him. As he said himself in many interviews Liverpool was simply a club he couldn't refuse. A club he already felt a great affinity with. It has nothing to do with money, either of the type lining his pockets nor that he could spend on players. He is a real Wenger when it comes to finances. :P I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have the best manager in the game right now imo we all need to buckle up and enjoy the ride!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Are palace playing mid week?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement