Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are palace playing mid week?

Nope. Beaten by Southampton last round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

brevity wrote: »
    Looks like there is no way back for Sahko:

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/791250139516207105
    Since the summer, the German manager, like a child, has refused any attempt by the Sakho camp for grown-up discussions that would have allowed the pair to rebuild their relationship.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would like West Ham , Hull or Newcastle in League Cup draw that's coming up.

Utd v Arsenal would be good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't fancy Newcastle away at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

United at home please. Unfinished business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

8-10 wrote: »
    0-0 AET, penalty shootout? :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

8-10 wrote: »

Semi finals for that tie would be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Arse at home would be good open game

No shot on target since 2012 for City
    They are poor team at the min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Leeds please. Would love to hammer them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No shot on target since 2012 for City
    They are poor team at the min

Jaysus, they did well winning the league then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Jaysus, they did well winning the league then.

Sure did

Arse at home would be good open game

Would really prefer an easier route and let the bigger teams knock each other out.

Home to Leeds.

Happy with that. We have a decent trophy chance now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Liverpool vs Leeds Utd

Leeds
    Sing it

Happy with that draw, needless to say.

United V Ham is difficult enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Could well be Pool, United and Arsenal in the semis with all three drawn at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭chasm

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Liverpool vs Leeds Utd

On my flight back from the West Brom match the other day i was sat beside a Leeds fan - It must have been a sign lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

murpho999 wrote: »
    Home to Leeds.

Happy with that. We have a decent trophy chance now.

That Leeds fan on Boards will actually have a genuine reason to post in a match thread.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

That Leeds fan on Boards will actually have a genuine reason to post in a match thread.

I hope we beat them 7-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

5starpool wrote: »
    I hope we beat them 7-0.

In front of an empty Anfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I hate Leeds - well Mark Viduka anyway!

Paul Joyce running an article that Klopp has got his way and the senior and Academy squads are going to be merged for training purposes based at Kirkby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ahh well i guess we may hear more from a certain user after the EFL Cup draw :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rebuilding the club.

Anyone who thought Klopp would join any other club in England other than Liverpool really hasn't a clue about Klopp and how he views football.

Paul Joyce running an article that Klopp has got his way and the senior and Academy squads are going to be merged for training purposes based at Kirkby.

Moving from Melwood?

Yep, what happens to that is unknown, could sell it for housing/business and pay for the move or they could keep it as a community facility which would be the nice thing to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there an open draw for the semis or is the winner of us v Leeds against the winner of Utd v West Ham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rebuilding the club.

Anyone who thought Klopp would join any other club in England other than Liverpool really hasn't a clue about Klopp and how he views football.

Never saw you claiming Klopp would only join Liverpool before it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

MD1990 wrote: »
    Never saw you claiming Klopp would only join Liverpool before it happened.

You'd think he was solely responsible for Klopp signing the way he's going on, self praise, backpatting himself!

Raisins wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there an open draw for the semis or is the winner of us v Leeds against the winner of Utd v West Ham?

Open draw.

5starpool wrote: »
    Semi finals for that tie would be better.

Nah I wouldn't fancy another two matches against them, too much drama, my ticker can't take it.

Nah I wouldn't fancy another two matches against them, too much drama, my ticker can't take it.

Better than a final against them anyhow. I'd love the added spice of that. Rather play them over 2 legs than Arsenal anyhow.

Then again,Leeds next, then West Ham, then Newcastle would be nice too as long as we win it.

• Advertisement

We will be on the Tuesday again for the next round. Us, Leeds, Hull and Newcastle all play on the Saturday before, and Arsenal, Southampton, Manchester utd and West ham all play on the Sunday. We'll be the televised game too.

You heard it here first. Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Rebuilding the club.

I love Klopp but this is deluded of course Klopp will say Liverpool is the only club for him after he joined. There are plenty of pl clubs he would have joined. Timing as much as anything else is the reason Klopp is at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'll have you know there's at least three of us! :P

As for match threads, we prefer to think of them as group therapy sessions. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I love Klopp but this is deluded of course Klopp will say Liverpool is the only club for him after he joined. There are plenty of pl clubs he would have joined. Timing as much as anything else is the reason Klopp is at Liverpool.

Exactly. Let's not get silly about things, deifying the man. He's a great manager, a great fit for us, and circumstances worked out very nicely for him to be managing us.

Such h0rsesh1t. The fact you say this after a training regime strategy rumour is laughable, as if that somehow validates your theory.
    Why were you worried we wouldn't get him so?

Someone else was blowing on about the "affinity" Klopp had with Liverpool before he joined.

I'm struggling to fathom how anyone could believe such crap themselves, actually writing it is another level of lunacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Glen Johnson to Barcelona doing the rounds this morning. Didn't realise it was April 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Glen Johnson to Barcelona doing the rounds this morning. Didn't realise it was April 1st.

Mad, but stranger things have happened, I remember Julien Faubert joined real madrid from west ham :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Zaph wrote: »
    I'll have you know there's at least three of us! :P

As for match threads, we prefer to think of them as group therapy sessions. :pac:

Reminds me of....

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Nice touch from Sturridge, great to see this kind of thing from our players:

https://twitter.com/iheartcoutinho/status/791301004893495297?s=09

corwill wrote: »
    Nice touch from Sturridge, great to see this kind of thing from our players:

https://twitter.com/iheartcoutinho/status/791301004893495297?s=09

So Sturridge in the main man now? So confusing!

Nice to see these stories anyhow, costs them little, makes kids so happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sturridge has always come across as a really nice guy in his interviews and so on, to be fair to him.

Palace away from home on Sunday, evening kick off. That has all the potential to be a banana skin for us, especially with Benteke. Looking forward to seeing how we respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Knex. wrote: »
    Sturridge has always come across as a really nice guy in his interviews and so on, to be fair to him.

Palace away from home on Sunday, evening kick off. That has all the potential to be a banana skin for us, especially with Benteke. Looking forward to seeing how we respond.

Saturday 5.30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

x43r0 wrote: »
    Saturday 5.30pm

Ah we're grand so. We'll hammer em!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    LA Galaxy start their playoff run tomorrow. Remains to be seen whether the bolded is true.

Gerrard didn't make the lineup as he continues to battle a hamstring injury, but LA won their playoff round match against Real Salt Lake to advance to the Conference semi finals against Kevin Doyle and Sean St. Ledger's Colorado Rapids. Two legged tie, first leg Sunday in LA the second a week later.

I'll keep ye posted. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Palace could be one of our toughest games of the season if we dont match their physicality. An early goal though and i feel we could blitz them

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement