Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

ricero wrote: »
    Palace could be one of our toughest games of the season if we dont match their physicality. An early goal though and i feel we could blitz them

Hopefully Scott Dann is still out injured, he's a big asset for them both defensively and attacking wise. With us being particularly poor from set pieces - his absence would be welcomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Hoki wrote: »
    Hopefully Scott Dann is still out injured, he's a big asset for them both defensively and attacking wise. With us being particularly poor from set pieces - his absence would be welcomed.

Step up Benteke

Benteke to score anytime 2/1. Dead cert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

5starpool wrote: »
    So Sturridge in the main man now? So confusing!

Nice to see these stories anyhow, costs them little, makes kids so happy.

You know, it's possible to occasionally step out of the increasingly boring, bitter, humorless, passive/aggressive guerilla warfare that's been sending me to sleep around here lately, to just give a guy an attaboy for doing something nice and being a good ambassador for the club.

Binary and simplistic judgments of anyone, including LFC players, are not my thing, generally speaking. Shame it's such an unpopular approach around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Augeo wrote: »
    Such h0rsesh1t. The fact you say this after a training regime strategy rumour is laughable, as if that somehow validates your theory.
    Why were you worried we wouldn't get him so?

Someone else was blowing on about the "affinity" Klopp had with Liverpool before he joined.

I'm struggling to fathom how anyone could believe such crap themselves, actually writing it is another level of lunacy.
    Stefan Effenberg said that about a month before Klopp became manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Benteke to score anytime 2/1. Dead cert

I might stick a fiver on that. There's absolutely no chance whatsoever of him scoring if I have money on him!
    :D

I might stick a fiver on that. There's absolutely no chance whatsoever of him scoring if I have money on him!
    :D
    Put him in your fantasy football team for double insurance.

Talisman wrote: »

So that means it's not horsesh1t?

So that means it's not horsesh1t?
    If you say so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I don't doubt he had an affinity for pool, from being there with Dortmund, seeing things like the 05 and 06 finals etc...I've an affinity for around 20 clubs for different reasons.

But there's a big leap between "affinity for" and "wouldn't manage anyone else in england"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who the feck cares either way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Who the feck cares either way?

ugh, i know...its just one of those embarrassing things that ends up getting tarred across the whole fanbase; "our manager loves us so much and he'd never even think about managing your team 'cause you're stupid".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    "our manager loves us so much and he'd never even think about managing your team 'cause you're stupid".

That much isnt in dispute though. Eets a fhact.

But there's a big leap between "affinity for" and "wouldn't manage anyone else in england"
    I agree, I wasn't the one linking the two.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

corwill wrote: »
    You know, it's possible to occasionally step out of the increasingly boring, bitter, humorless, passive/aggressive guerilla warfare that's been sending me to sleep around here lately, to just give a guy an attaboy for doing something nice and being a good ambassador for the club.

Binary and simplistic judgments of anyone, including LFC players, are not my thing, generally speaking. Shame it's such an unpopular approach around here.

I hope you are not referring to me above, and just quoting my post for a general point? I don't generally engage in any of that crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

This thread is in need of a good title challenge:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Such h0rsesh1t. The fact you say this after a training regime strategy rumour is laughable, as if that somehow validates your theory.
    Why were you worried we wouldn't get him so?

Someone else was blowing on about the "affinity" Klopp had with Liverpool before he joined.

I'm struggling to fathom how anyone could believe such crap themselves, actually writing it is another level of lunacy.

Yeah that was me. Doesn't surprise me you don't agree. You seem to have an issue with everything I post these days. So what's the story? Were you that little blonde boy who's mom I fcuked all those years ago? Well I wasn't hurting her little dude, no need to get mad at me. :) You seem to have some issue with me.

Put him in your fantasy football team for double insurance.

..as captain just to be sure to be sure. :D

I don't doubt he had an affinity for pool, from being there with Dortmund, seeing things like the 05 and 06 finals etc...I've an affinity for around 20 clubs for different reasons.

Exactly which is all I said. I'll put it to you this way, he would not have gone to certain clubs in the PL imo. Of course there are many scenarios where he would have ended up at other clubs and if you believe in the multiverse then I am sure he is managing each and every other club in some universe. I'm just glad I'm living in the one where we got him. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

This thread is in need of a good title challenge:)

As in, if Danny Sh1ttu wrote an autobiography what would it be called?, that kind of title challenge?

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    Yeah that was me. Doesn't surprise me you don't agree. You seem to have an issue with everything I post these days. So what's the story? Were you that little blonde boy who's mom I fcuked all those years ago? Well I wasn't hurting her little dude, no need to get mad at me. :) You seem to have some issue with me.

didn't have a clue who it was and wasn't bothered finding the post to quote, it struck me as daft so I mentioned it.

that blond boy fantasy of yours is your own business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://twitter.com/Musker_LFC/status/791619677655035905

Liverpool look set to sign 6'5" Bury CB Emeka Obi (15).

What size will he be when he stops growing???

It's mad how things always go from black to white on the internet without much consideration for the grey.

I think the bit that's missing really is that there are SOME top clubs in England that Klopp would generally NOT have felt suited to. Examples being the 2 manchester clubs where he would have been given hundreds of millions and expected to go for the most expensive illustrious players and then try to get them playing his way.
    And replicated the same success they've had in the very recent years.

Likewise there are SOME English clubs who he would feel more at home at (or an affinity/understanding with) where they can still back him financially and they're still big clubs with passionate fans but they're more akin to Dortmund than Bayern Munich, examples being us, maybe Spurs etc.

That's fair enough, I can follow that logic. Doesn't mean he was sitting at home dreaming of Liverpool but we ticked certain boxes for him and it was a good fit. Nothing wrong with saying that.

It's great if this is all we have to be worrying ourselves with.

Bottom line, we're blessed to have him. It's like waking up each morning with a girl you're nuts about. You can torment yourself asking why she likes you and who else she could have gone for or you can enjoy it and get on with life.
    So let's do the latter.
    (regardless of what another "effen-bird" did or did not say. See what I did there? C'mon, tough crowd)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I was 6'5" when I was 15 and now I'm 8'7" so around that probably :)

didn't have a clue who it was and wasn't bothered finding the post to quote, it struck me as daft so I mentioned it.

that blond boy fantasy of yours is your own business

All jokes aside I would say you have vehemently disagreed with about 99% of my posts over the past couple of months. I can illustrate if needs be but it really is starting to feel personal which is why I made up that fantasy. No harm intended. Was just beginning to feel awkward and was trying to cut the tension. :o

mormank wrote: »
    All jokes aside I would say you have vehemently disagreed with about 99% of my posts over the past couple of months. I can illustrate if needs be.......

Please do.

To be fair I don't think anyone thought your Gerrard speel was anything but serious. Apart from that I don't recall any of your posts. I read the posts not who posts them, there are 3 posters who post similar inane horsesh1t repeatedly so one intuitively knows it's them.

5starpool wrote: »
    I hope you are not referring to me above, and just quoting my post for a general point? I don't generally engage in any of that crap.

No, no, the latter, I assure you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

You're older than 15?......wow :eek::p

Waistband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The last time we played Leeds at home, Milner played for them?

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »

Feels like so long ago that I was thinking Jack Charlton was still playing for them :D

You're older than 15?......wow :eek::p

I'm 16 and the growing pains were a bitch.

2002?

Please do.

To be fair I don't think anyone thought your Gerrard speel was anything but serious. Apart from that I don't recall any of your posts. I read the posts not who posts them, there are 3 posters who post similar inane horsesh1t repeatedly so one intuitively knows it's them.

Fine if you say it's nothing I believe you. Cbf actually trawling through old posts. And yeah of course I was totally serious about Gerrard coming back. :rolleyes: It was satirical as though we already had the league in the bag. But never mind all that. Who cares? Let's move on.

I was more or less as tall as I am now at 15 - 6' 4" so he could be almost there, or course we don't know how wide he may yet become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I was more or less as tall as I am now at 15 - 6' 4" so he could be almost there, or course we don't know how wide he may yet become.

Just to be clear, was that at the age of 15 or in 1915?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, was that at the age of 15 or in 1915?

2015. It was only 10 months ago....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

What a difference a year makes
    This time last year Liverpool was on 10 games unbeaten with 8 draws and two wins. Now Liverpool is on 10 games unbeaten with 8 wins and two draws. (thisisanfield.com)

and the games were arguably easier last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

That sentence is so badly written - I'm nauseous just reading it.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »

this sentence?

or this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

this sentence?

or this one?

I assumed he meant the quote in the middle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

this sentence?

or this one?

Yea, the quote in the middle.

Your sentences are lovely.

Ahhhh! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

brevity wrote: »

I found that reading it in Ali G's voice helps.

The way footballers and ex footballers/pundits misuse the word "took" is an endless annoyance to me.

Maybe I'm just easily annoyed.

EDIT: It just occurred to me we don't really have much to complain about at the moment. Good,isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Happy Halloween

The way footballers and ex footballers/pundits misuse the word "took" is an endless annoyance to me.

Maybe I'm just easily annoyed.

EDIT: It just occurred to me we don't really have much to complain about at the moment. Good,isn't it?

Alas we do - Milner has been struck down with the dreaded lurgy. Moreno will start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Happy Halloween

That is class!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Looks like we've signed that 6'5 15 year old, his brother posted a pic on instagram of him in his LFC training gear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

hes Irish. His dad posted it on twitter this morning and it went viral :)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/schoolboy-goes-school-dressed-mini-12092116

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement