Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

brevity wrote: »
    That sentence is so badly written - I'm nauseous just reading it.

Credit where it's due though, at least they don't call themselves "disizanfield", which must go against all they know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gerrard and the missus are expecting their fourth child, apparently. He must be desperate to have a boy at this stage :pac:

We'll let Harry set up the match thread for this one, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex. wrote: »
    Gerrard and the missus are expecting their fourth child, apparently. He must be desperate to have a boy at this stage :pac:

We'll let Harry set up the match thread for this one, I suppose.

We have match threads every time Gerrard gets his Mrs. pregnant?

mosstin wrote: »
    We have match threads every time Gerrard gets his Mrs. pregnant?

That was the attempted joke, yeah.

I wasn't actually making a separate point about the game tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Happy Halloween

I just spat tea all over my desk. Thanks alot now I've to go clean up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I found that reading it in Ali G's voice helps.

Watched Grimsby last night...

Very funny movie!

Retar@d in the nicest possible way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Klopp in presser - "Work hard, don't talk too much, win games."

Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Klopp in presser - "Work hard, don't talk too much, win games."

Good stuff.

His own spin on "Train, say your prayers and eat your vight-a-mins."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The way footballers and ex footballers/pundits misuse the word "took" is an endless annoyance to me.

Maybe I'm just easily annoyed.

EDIT: It just occurred to me we don't really have much to complain about at the moment. Good,isn't it?

Yeah, nothing much to moan about, still conceding from corners but the defensive errors are down overall, we are much better defending in open play.

Coutinho has been excellent and I think he is our most effective presser. He often doesn't just tackle or press, he seems to look to see what's the best way I can tackle here to get the ball back and in an attacking position.

And then he's off on a run, dribble or a one touch pass to whoever is in support of the press.

Absolute joy to watch, plus his long shots aren't in double figures anymore!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Alas we do - Milner has been struck down with the dreaded lurgy. Moreno will start

Thanking this doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

• Advertisement

With a settled CB partnership Moreno might well be ok. There's no doubt a mistake in him but we might be better equipped for that now.

Augeo wrote: »
    With a settled CB partnership Moreno might well be ok. There's no doubt a mistake in him but we might be better equipped for that now.

Don't fancy the thought of Zaha going at him for 90 minutes at all. Selhurst Park is one of those places I don't fancy us winning at. Big test I think.

Yeah, ah well, what can you do.
    11 v 11 etc etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Theres no reason we cant go to Selhurst Park and win comfortably. Yes its a test, but no bigger than any we have faced already. Its a good opportunity to take more points and I hope we can take it. Nothing to fear if we play to our potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

NukaCola wrote: »
    Theres no reason we cant go to Selhurst Park and win comfortably. Yes its a test, but no bigger than any we have faced already. Its a good opportunity to take more points and I hope we can take it. Nothing to fear if we play to our potential.

Our lads should be fresh and motivated after being rested, just as long as we don't start like we did against Swansea we will have the upper hand I think. We have been scrupulously tidy and clean in our pressing/tackling for the most part, and will need more of that to minimize the number of free kicks into our box. Will need to score more than Benteke to win :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Go a goal down there and the crowd will make them stronger and stronger with every minute played. This is Premier League and a loss here would be no surprise.
    All the top teams will lose to teams in bottom half of table. A draw and another point on the board would not be so bad, we just need to learn not to lose the game ,if we can't win the game.

I'm not saying I'll be absolutely shocked if we get a point or we actually lose, but I don't fear Palace at all. Very winnable game. Don't concede early and dont give away cheap free kicks for set pieces and we'll be fine. Play our game and they'll be toast IMO.....

If we dont play well we'll drop points. Thats football. Klopp wants to keep us in the top four, these are the games we have to win no matter where they are played.

garra wrote: »
    Our lads should be fresh and motivated after being rested, just as long as we don't start like we did against Swansea we will have the upper hand I think. We have been scrupulously tidy and clean in our pressing/tackling for the most part, and will need more of that to minimize the number of free kicks into our box. Will need to score more than Benteke to win :eek:

If we struggle against Benteke just leave him run through 1 on 1 versus the keeper. He hates those.

I'm not saying I'll be absolutely shocked if we get a point or we actually lose, but I don't fear Palace at all. Very winnable game. Don't concede early and dont give away cheap free kicks for set pieces and we'll be fine. Play our game and they'll be toast IMO.....

If we dont play well we'll drop points. Thats football. Klopp wants to keep us in the top four, these are the games we have to win no matter where they are played.

Oh I don't fear Palace, not at all. I fear....well........us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

If we struggle against Benteke just leave him run through 1 on 1 versus the keeper. He hates those.

If there were two games a season he would be guaranteed to score on a one v one with the keeper......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Heading over to the match tomorrow, hopefully their wont be too many Liverpool goals I have to be careful not to celebrate as I'm in with the home crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

rururuuurur.jpg

Seemed appropriate somehow!

Left or right leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

This will be a really big test for us.

I think we'll learn a lot from this one about where we're really at.

I've no doubt about us in big games home or away but it's these ones against decent "mid-tier" sides on the road that we still have to prove our mettle.

Of course that's not to say a win tomorrow or loss tomorrow will be a defining point but I think it's going to be a good indicator about whether or not we have the "stuff" to be considered realistic title contenders or not, and even for top 4.

Just sense that this could be a big game for us, for better or worse.

• Advertisement

Jose must be losing it. Suarez geez.
    Sitting alone in a hotel room staring at the walls is doing him no good. His only interaction is with the guy who delivers his pizza .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Sitting alone in a hotel room staring at the walls is doing him no good. His only interaction is with the guy who delivers his pizza .

A player missing his family and having trouble settling is nothing new and it makes sense that it could impact upon his performances on the field.

But a manager, a manager who sits in the dugout or stands on the touchline crying about how his family arent with him is so utterly pathetic that it's almost unbelievable.

Why are your team playing so badly? Oh the entire squad are just underperforming because my family thinks manchester is a kip and wont move here.

It's weird he mentioned them at all, just get on with it.

As for suarez, yeah I'd be putting money on that one happening alright.

He always seems to be whining about one thing or another. If its not refs or wenger or the fa its his "own city" now

I feel sorry for Jose , but I'm a sensitive soul.
    He may have millions but going home to an empty hotel room is not nice, especially when things are not going so good. His kids don't need him any more, they are independent. It's a tough time for him as he is a family man. He was very used to going home to his young kids and wife, well that is no longer the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Will you go away out of it, there's lads doing the same every day around the world for a percent of what he's getting.

He's a fraud and is finally being found out. The biggest spoofer in the game at the minute and a man with no class or character who only cares about himself. He'll throw anyone he can under the bus and make excuse after excuse if he thinks he can get away with it just to save himself.

His man management skills are non existent and his tactics are long passed their sell by date. He thinks he can buy all around him and eventually it'll work without thinking if the players he's buying fit the system or not, if he even has a system.

He's the definition of a hypocrite and of a mè fèiner.

Him and United are a match made in heaven, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I definitely don't feel sorry for the guy but his record of winning titles speaks for itself and if he's given time... I think he could bring success to Utd.

That said.. He'd want to change his persona, because the image he displays to the media is that of a miserable git. The Mourhino that first took over at Chelsea was at least interesting. Now the man looks broken.

• Advertisement

Just because Mourinho may be losing his touch at this moment in time does not mean he is a fraud and a spoofer.

The real question is can he still be successful. There are doubts but I wouldn't go writing him off just yet.

Just because Mourinho may be losing his touch at this moment in time does not mean he is a fraud and a spoofer.

The real question is can he still be successful. There are doubts but I wouldn't go writing him off just yet.

Agreed. Fraud is a word that seems to be getting thrown around a lot these days. You don't win as much as either Mourinho or Guardiola if you're a "fraud" yet I've heard both been called that this week. Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Agreed. Fraud is a word that seems to be getting thrown around a lot these days. You don't win as much as either Mourinho or Guardiola if you're a "fraud" yet I've heard both been called that this week. Strange.

"Stealing a living" is another one that grates on me. A phrase oft thrown about by window lickers that have been on the bleach and snorting bath salts.

At least, thats the image the phrase creates in my mind.

Glico Man wrote: »
    "Stealing a living" is another one that grates on me. A phrase oft thrown about by window lickers that have been on the bleach and snorting bath salts.

At least, thats the image the phrase creates in my mind.

You made me pop on some Aphex Twin after reading this.

mosstin wrote: »
    You made me pop on some Aphex Twin after reading this.

That video still freaks me out. Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

He's just going through a rough patch but once that is past he will definitely make his mark. Foolish to think otherwise. They will splash out in January again...hopefully we can put a lot of distance and points between them by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I feel sorry for Jose , but I'm a sensitive soul.
    He may have millions but going home to an empty hotel room is not nice, especially when things are not going so good. His kids don't need him any more, they are independent. It's a tough time for him as he is a family man. He was very used to going home to his young kids and wife, well that is no longer the case.
    Never knew you were an Agony Uncle.

Stealing a living is a silly phase. Funny, I always think of Ballotelli when I hear it.

He's just going through a rough patch but once that is past he will definitely make his mark. Foolish to think otherwise. They will splash out in January again...hopefully we can put a lot of distance and points between them by then.

That's been working well for them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Stealing a living is a silly phase. Funny, I always think of Ballotelli when I hear it.

It's certainly a phrase that gets thrown around far too much. I can see a use for it in the case of a complete malingerer, who refuses to so much as show up for training, but presumably salary can be withheld in that sort of extreme scenario.

With Mario, though, my ire is largely saved for the TC/Rodgers, no-one made them sign him, and ignorance is **** all defence whatsoever on that decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

hefferboi wrote: »
    Will you go away out of it, there's lads doing the same every day around the world for a percent of what he's getting.

He's a fraud and is finally being found out. The biggest spoofer in the game at the minute and a man with no class or character who only cares about himself. He'll throw anyone he can under the bus and make excuse after excuse if he thinks he can get away with it just to save himself.

His man management skills are non existent and his tactics are long passed their sell by date. He thinks he can buy all around him and eventually it'll work without thinking if the players he's buying fit the system or not, if he even has a system.

He's the definition of a hypocrite and of a mè fèiner.

Him and United are a match made in heaven, though.

How can you call somebody who has won as much as he as a spoofer and fraud? Whatever about him being a man with no class, making excuses, bus throwing etc. but he has won major trophies everywhere he has been. It's not like he jammed his way to a final. He has more trophies than any other manager working today at the top level.

Your post just comes across as a bit loony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Kirby wrote:
    How can you call somebody who has won as much as he as a spoofer and fraud? Whatever about him being a man with no class, making excuses, bus throwing etc. but he has won major trophies everywhere he has been. It's not like he jammed his way to a final. He has more trophies than any other manager working today at the top level.

There's no way no Mourinho has more trophy's then Pep, he average's 3 a season amazingly

Glico Man wrote: »

Agent Coulsen thanked your post :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98238189&postcount=8332
    If anyone is stealing a living it's Mr Glass....

To be fair, that was him responding to others using that phrase in relation to Lallana. Also, its from 10 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

To be fair, that was him responding to others using that phrase in relation to Lallana. Also, its from 10 months ago.

How many threads back is that !?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arsenal pegged back. Start or another wonderful weekend maybe.

Arse score
    Come on Sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Augeo wrote: »

Augeo you need a new hobby, kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Balls. Sunderland really are awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement