Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

niallo27 wrote: »
    Balls. Sunderland really are awful.

You just had to didn't you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

niallo27 wrote: »
    Balls. Sunderland really are awful.

Worst team since Sliced Bread
    Moyes is a joke also.
    Sending out a team to play when they simply can't.
    He needs points on board, start with a 0-0

Alonso77 wrote: »
    How many threads back is that !?!

Have no idea.
    I recalled coulsen using the phrase and found that post in a few seconds.

10 months ago I believe....

Glico Man wrote: »
    Augeo you need a new hobby, kid.

You just abused 10 ish regular posters by calling them window lickers.

Your view on my hobbies doesn't bother me :)

Arse sore

Sudocreme will sort you out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Moyes is quite the uninspiring chap. Since he walked in the door at Sunderland there has been an air of dour defeatism.

Geez only flicked game off for a min and now Arsenal have 4

Bye bye Moysie. Looking forward to your next club! Bet they aren't!

Moyes is quite the uninspiring chap. Since he walked in the door at Sunderland there has been an air of dour defeatism.

It's a bit like you walking into a club full of beautiful women.

It's a bit like you walking into a club full of beautiful women.

Ha ha OK.. thanks for that. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus should be flattered or creeped out with the strange fascination that poster seems to have with me.

Please don't quote him then at least I won't know how many times he posts about me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I know Sunderland stink the place out, but Arsenal looking decent this year, could be in it for the long haul with ourselves this year!

Jaysus should be flattered or creeped out with the strange fascination that poster seems to have with me.

Please don't quote him then at least I won't know how many times he posts about me.

Lol
    That old reliable..... standard WLing response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

doc_17 wrote: »
    I know Sunderland stink the place out, but Arsenal looking decent this year, could be in it for the long haul

Its not February yet so the season is still full of possibilities for them...

Augeo wrote: »
    Lol
    That old reliable..... standard WLing response

Just a pity nobody else cares.

Would PM not be better?

If you dont get along with a poster can ye just ignore them? The constant back and forth is beyond childish and above a lot of ye tbh......

NukaCola wrote: »
    If you dont get along with a poster can ye just ignore them? The constant back and forth is beyond childish and above a lot of ye tbh......

One of the weirdest things I've seen on the thread over the years tbh. Bizarre from adults

Ha ha OK.. thanks for that. :-)

JK
    We all know Alonso can score from the half way line.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Just a pity nobody else cares.

Would PM not be better?

I know I don't care.

No I want nothing including PM's to do with the lad I have never engaged with him and have had him on ignore for over two years.

JK
    We all know Alonso can score from the half way line.

ha! no worries, I can appreciate the good bantz!

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »

not being smart but at this stage, wouldnt it be best to just ignore the posts in question instead of constantly drawing attention to them by saying how annoying they are.

having said that, i do realise i am now drawing attention to it by commenting on my annoyance of your annoyance of the annoying posts!

not being smart but at this stage, wouldnt it be best to just ignore the posts in question instead of constantly drawing attention to them by saying how annoying they are.

You have a fair point and yes I should ignore it, but its gone on too long at this point.....its match day but yet again the thread get derailed.....

I have no idea what the issue is, I dont have an issue with the posters in question, fwiw I think they are decent posters, but its really tedious......probably the last I'll say on it though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

One of those weekends when I think all the sides at the top are going to win so we need to as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Team selection will be interesting given Sturridge scoring two last time out. Nice to see Flanagan getting a run out, would be nicer to see him score the winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Are ye all on the naughty step ,special one in the stands and moreno starting, i thought there would be a couple of pages when i logged in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm overjoyed at United getting dicked by Burnley. Same crap every season with them regardless who's in charge. They're a bunch of game raisers for the big sides and then drop points to rubbish like this. It's fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Another fantastic surprise weekend for us from the other teams.

I think City are a shoe-in for the title. They've had their wobble and are still top of the league with a very solid result today.

But then you have Utd and Spurs throwing points away and at least one of Spurs or Arsenal will be dropping more points next weekend because they play each other.

Even if we can't get the job done against Palace (although I'm pretty confident we will) we've done well. It's given us a breathing room to fail or a huge opportunity to move into the distinct pack at the top of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm overjoyed at United getting dicked by Burnley. Same crap every season with them regardless who's in charge. They're a bunch of game raisers for the big sides and then drop points to rubbish like this. It's fantastic.

Careful, that's also an accurate description of us too. Looks like we're starting to shake that off but the vast majority of our dropped points last season were to "rubbish" sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

martyos121 wrote: »
    Careful, that's also an accurate description of us too. Looks like we're starting to shake that off but the vast majority of our dropped points last season were to "rubbish" sides.

Agreed.

8-10, let's not forget that we lost to Burnley after dominating too. And let's not forget that we're away to Palace in about 30 minutes! Don't give them Utd boys on Boards ammo, just in case...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

martyos121 wrote: »
    Careful, that's also an accurate description of us too.

Yeah I thought I'd read it somewhere about us before....

Not confident of Moreno, needs to keep his head.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Get ya! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah you should have led with that! Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Big opportunity. Spurs dropping points like that unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Mourinho is still a fraud and a spoofer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's becoming a weekly uttering but, with our rivals dropping points this game has become so much more important

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Win by 7 goals and we're top of the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Win by 7 goals and we're top of the league

Only 6 to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

This is such an intensely frustrating game. We have ripped them to shreds at times yet we're only level.

We are playing some of the sexist football Liverpool have played since the 80's just a pity we are playing some of the worst defending since the 13/14 season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Talk about a mind**** half of football :D

Would Kloppo consider getting in a defensive coach? Or even a LB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Our defence hasn't been that bad. They've had two chances. Mistake by dejan for the first and obviously moreno could do better for the second but we've BOSSED that game from front to back. Moreno has actually been great. Everytime he makes an error it seems to be a goal... still he's been a huge outlet for us going forward. Mane could have had a few on another day.

Think we win by a couple. Miles better than them and our heads didn't go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

NukaCola wrote:
    Not confident of Moreno, needs to keep his head.....

Frustrating as hell. So good in attack but when under any pressure his head explodes. Why any full back goes to defend a cross with his hands behind his back is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Augeo wrote: »
    Would Kloppo consider getting in a defensive coach? Or even a LB?

You won't find many better 2nd choice left backs than moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mental game.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Liverpool vs Palace over the last 30 years has thrown up some crazy games this one joins that list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Our defence hasn't been that bad. They've had two chances. Mistake by dejan for the first and obviously moreno could do better for the second but we've BOSSED that game from front to back. Moreno has actually been great. Everytime he makes an error it seems to be a goal... still he's been a huge outlet for us going forward. Mane could have had a few on another day.

Think we win by a couple. Miles better than them and our heads didn't go.

Moreno has been good going forward, he's a terrible defender and hopefully will bo sold soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Jesus when Coutinho is on it he's world class. His dribbling is as good as Messi at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Why are we like this?:o

In some ways this has been our best performance of the season.
    Some of the interplay has been unparalleled.
    Coutinho has had maybe the best game I can remember him playing. He's been absolutely phenomenal. Like an artist floating around a bunch of oafs on the pitch. A different class of skill and vision to everyone else. This is one of those, "**** I hope nobody nicks him off us" performances.

For all that, though, we've scored 2/3 of our goals from set pieces. It's good that we're doing that, but we're still not getting much joy for the quality of our play. A few bits of bad luck and some finishes you'd expect to be better.

Hargreaves in commentary was gushing about our counter that finished with the Lallana cross/shot that trickled across the face of goal, but thats always the way with our counters. They look lethal but when the dust settles you realise we missed again.

I definitely feel like Sturridge would be a good move here. We're making serious inroads with the press but we're not finishing chances and there's an awful lot of space out there.

And then there's poor Dejan. Christ.
    The first one: it happens. I liked how little Klopp seemed to react to it. He was confident we'd score again and win at that point and so was I.
    He was so ****ing static for their 2nd though. Just completely failed to attack the ball or cop on to McArthur's run.

Two well worked set pieces but Lovren owes us another goal to come away even from the day's proceedings.

At least we'll be up first on MotD.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement