Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Moreno has been good going forward, he's a terrible defender and hopefully will bo sold soon.

He's not a good defender. Nobody is gonna argue that but I wouldn't sell him. Plenty of games he'll be useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He's not a good defender. Nobody is gonna argue that but I wouldn't sell him. Plenty of games he'll be useful.

Convert him to a winger so

People wanting sturrudge on for firmino... I simply don't understand why anyone would want to change anything. We're destroying them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

People wanting sturrudge on for firmino... I simply don't understand why anyone would want to change anything. We're destroying them!!!

Sturridge for Moreno :cool:

Convert him to a winger so

Klopp has brought him on as a right won ger before.

I know who i'd rather have out there today between him and flano. Give me the guy who adds something to our attack over a limited fullback every day. He's our backup left back and when viewed as such he's a good one.

You won't find many better 2nd choice left backs than moreno.

So we don't need a left back you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Ya Moreno is an odd one. He's so comfortable on the ball. If he was as good as Clyne is defensively he'd be the best full back in the league.

Unfortunatly he's nowhere near clynes defensive ability.

Augeo wrote: »
    So we don't need a left back you reckon?

We will in time but it's not a priority for me no. Milner has been great back there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah I thought I'd read it somewhere about us before....

Talk about teams raising their games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Still haven't lost when Matip starts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

A win against Everton and a draw with United, Burnley are slowly making up for ruining our unbeaten season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

87.4 points at the current rate of winningness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nice gap opening over the mid table teams.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

The-Office.gif

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/792431659199164416
    Liverpool in all competitions since losing to Burnley:

WDWWWWWDWWW

Goals scored: 30
    Conceded: 9

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Nice gap opening over the mid table teams.

After only 10 games too.

Very impressive stuff from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Great to see some fighting spirit. Too often we would collapse.

2.3ppg :cool:

We were ok second half. They maybe got a few more chances than they should have, but we weren't giving them sitters.

We pretty much just went out and finished off the job.

They started cheating at full back and it was a nice bit of opportunism from Hendo and Firmino to take advantage.

The goals we conceded probably distort perceptions of the game, but then again we also scored two goals from set pieces and just the one from all the gorgeous interplay so that does as well.

Really close to something special and as long as we keep winning we're well placed to step up if things really click into place the way Klopp seems to expect them to.

The unstoppable death machine starts when we're able to start regularly killing teams off early.
    Our defence wouldn't have to actually start playing any better, but teams just need to be persuaded to give up against us more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Surprised Firmino finally broke today and took the jersey off, we're lucky Mane didn't copy him and get two bookings for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

I don't think he's quite a top class CF but how many better 2nd strikers are there than Firmino in the world at the moment?

I think you're having to go to Griezemann, Neymar, Muller and the likes to find anyone who's better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Shouldn't be a booking if you can manage that, would be some craic seeing players taking of there jerseys to see the ball going wide,and getting booked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

What an unbelievable bargain Matip on a free is.

He probably won't have any hope of getting into team of the season with the goals we'll concede, but based on what we've seen he'll deserve to be in the conversation.

He's keeping things together to a large extent.

Lovren is better than he was under Rodgers but he's a pretty limited defender in general terms. A slightly more refined version of Skrtel but he can be guilty of the same recklessness and is an even more erratic user of the football.

Then Matip is regularly having to deal with ****ups from Karius and Clyne and wheover's at LB spending most of the game in the opposition half.

He's reminding me of Agger, but far more robust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Buzzing after that, great result after a rocky third quarter.

Really loving the way we are playing, first half was up there with best of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Next 3 fixtures for ourselves and rivals (also including this weekend's fixture if they haven't played it yet)

Liverpool
    Watford (home)
    Southampton (away)
    Sunderland (home)

Arsenal
    Spurs (home)
    Man Utd (away)
    Bournemouth (home)

Chelsea
    Southampton (away)
    Everton (home)
    Middlesbrough (away)
    Spurs (home)

Man City
    Middlesbrough (home)
    Crystal Palace (away)
    Burnley (away)

Man Utd
    Swansea (away)
    Arsenal (home)
    West Ham Utd (home)

Spurs
    Arsenal (away)
    West Ham (home)
    Chelsea (away)

A lot of them are playing each other - so guaranteed points dropped in fixtures like Man Utd v Arsenal. Great opportunity for us to move away from the pack, or at least stay reasonably static if we do screw up. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

He's the main reason we don't panic when we concede anymore, just very calm and assured and good at bringing the ball out from the back.

Early days yet but looks like the player Sakho should have been, and I say that as a big fan of him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Southampton away is a very tough one.

Spurs have some tough looking fixtures coming up, Champions league too.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    He's the main reason we don't panic when we concede anymore, just very calm and assured and good at bringing the ball out from the back.

Early days yet but looks like the player Sakho should have been, and I say that as a big fan of him.

Sakho was always a nutcase. He was mercurial and could do amazing things on the ball at times, but I don't think "calm" was every something you could say about him.

And there's upsides to that too. I don't know is there any CB in the league who can turn defence into attack as quick as Sakho, because he goes for passes up the field that nobody in their right mind would attempt.

We're far more lateral in our movement with Matip in there. We're happy to take things easy at the back. The only real problem at the moment is that Karius is giving the ball away most of the time if we're pressed.
    Our buildup can be quite slow and measured at times, if there's not a clear break on.
    Given how many goals we already hand to teams with the way we play, I don't think we can also afford to play that high-risks stuff that Sakho goes for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Umaro wrote: »
    Next 3 fixtures for ourselves and rivals (also including this weekend's fixture if they haven't played it yet)

Liverpool
    Watford (home)
    Southampton (away)
    Sunderland (home)

Arsenal
    Spurs (home)
    Man Utd (away)
    Bournemouth (home)

Chelsea
    Southampton (away)
    Everton (home)
    Middlesbrough (away)
    Spurs (home)

Man City
    Middlesbrough (home)
    Crystal Palace (away)
    Burnley (away)

Spurs
    Arsenal (away)
    West Ham (home)
    Chelsea (away)

A lot of them are playing each other - so guaranteed points dropped in fixtures like Man Utd v Arsenal. Great opportunity for us to move away from the pack, or at least stay reasonably static if we do screw up. :cool:

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Id fancy city to claim full points from their next three games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Our next two are tricky also.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Middlesboro at home for City could be a tough one next week. Traore on the counter is very dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Countless times I've heard analysts - David Pleat this evening being the latest - allude to not judging Liverpool until they play the Top 6 sides.
    Arsenal (A) W
    Spurs (A) D
    Chelsea (A) W
    Leicester (H) W (probably shouldn't be included but they are the champions)

Not quite sure how much more we can do to convince some folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

MD1990 wrote: »
    Middlesboro at home for City could be a tough one next week. Traore on the counter is very dangerous.

I'd expect City to batter Boro.

mosstin wrote: »
    Countless times I've heard analysts - David Pleat this evening being the latest - allude to not judging Liverpool until they play the Top 6 sides.
    Arsenal (A) W
    Spurs (A) D
    Chelsea (A) W
    Leicester (H) W (probably shouldn't be included but they are the champions)

Not quite sure how much more we can do to convince some folk.

Yeah, I heard a pundit saying it last week, maybe Hoddle.

Amazing these guys get paid well to talk about football

The work Firmino puts in is just insane. Plus he chips in with a very healthy number of goals and assists.

He's undroppable tbh. He's also Klopps main man.

• Advertisement

What a front 3 we have.
    thumb_29425_default_news_size_5.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Gbear wrote: »
    Sakho was always a nutcase.

Agreed.

I recall joining this forum and one of the first things I said was that I "wasn't sure about Sakho".

He's a mediocre defender at best. I say mediocre because he's capable of being outstanding one day and utterly stupid the next.
    So when you average it out that leaves you with mediocre.

There is no reason whatsoever to bring Sakho back.

One of the best things we ever did was stop picking him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Pardew having a fume about Marriner somehow makes the 3 pts even more delicious :)

What a front 3 we have.

They're wonderful. I wasn't gone on Firmino for a while when he joined but by God I'd have him down as first player on the team sheet these days.

With Klopp things don't make sense in some ways. Sturridge is definitely our most gifted forward but you wouldn't pick him these days.
    And I think if you put Firmino into the City/United/Chelsea team he'd struggle to hold down a spot. Likewise Lallana.
    Arguably same for Mane.

But it's all about Klopp really and the synergy he brings. He has things working his way these days and 1+1= 3

I'd trust the german fecker to make us champions within the next 2 seasons.

They're wonderful. I wasn't gone on Firmino for a while when he joined but by God I'd have him down as first player on the team sheet these days.

With Klopp things don't make sense in some ways. Sturridge is definitely our most gifted forward but you wouldn't pick him these days.
    And I think if you put Firmino into the City/United/Chelsea team he'd struggle to hold down a spot. Likewise Lallana.
    Arguably same for Mane.

But it's all about Klopp really and the synergy he brings. He has things working his way these days and 1+1= 3

I'd trust the german fecker to make us champions within the next 2 seasons.

You spelt May wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Speak Now wrote: »
    Pardew having a fume about Marriner somehow makes the 3 pts even more delicious :)

There's nothing more satisfying than a bitter Alan Pardew. The man thinks he shíts daisies.

• Advertisement

You spelt May wrong.

:)

SlickRic wrote: »
    There's nothing more satisfying than a bitter Alan Pardew. The man thinks he shíts daisies.

Well he did his "I've cured cancer" pose after drawing with us at Anfield not too long ago and he did the "I'm really thirsty" pose after his left back accidentally scored in the cup final against us (for west ham) and he correctly enjoyed his moment against us in the ill-fated semi final v palace yonks ago and then he had a bit of a rant last season about Benteke diving against them (he was right about that) and then he signed Benteke, there have been others.

So he has his history with us.

But to be fair to him he always wears a nice suit.

So ney harm done.

There was no point in the game that i was worried we would'nt pick up 3 points, even at 1-1 and 2-2 we were tearing them apart and just knew the goals would come.

Coutinho MOTM, just wonderfull to watch him today, pulled all the strings in a central role, no wild shots, but was gutted he did'nt score that late chance he got as he really deserved a goal.

Matip, again just great, he makes playing CB look so easy, a natural.

I know Lovren had a big hand in both their goals today but he has been very good for us over the past year.

Henderson and Mane another two that were great again today. How much ground do they cover? It's nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Best front 3 since we had maxi rodriguez suarez and Bellamy tearing teams apart.
    I think we saw tonight why we will not win league . When squeaky bum time hits these soft goals will cost us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement