Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What a front 3 we have.
    thumb_29425_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Firmino the thug life wannabe, until he smiles.

5487d0ed0d73b_-_mcx-white-smile-0510-msc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho gave the best individual performance I have seen from a player in the PL this season. He was brillant deserved a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dortmund go another game without winning - or even scoring. No you can''t have him back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Dortmund go another game without winning - or even scoring. No you can''t have him back!

They screwed me over Wednesday night in a 7 team acca. An acca that for once United didn't screw me over in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Best front 3 since we had maxi rodriguez suarez and Bellamy tearing teams apart.
    I think we saw tonight why we will not win league . When squeaky bum time hits these soft goals will cost us.

https://twitter.com/LFCIndia/status/776095774786498561

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

They're wonderful. I wasn't gone on Firmino for a while when he joined but by God I'd have him down as first player on the team sheet these days.

With Klopp things don't make sense in some ways. Sturridge is definitely our most gifted forward but you wouldn't pick him these days.
    And I think if you put Firmino into the City/United/Chelsea team he'd struggle to hold down a spot. Likewise Lallana.
    Arguably same for Mane.

But it's all about Klopp really and the synergy he brings. He has things working his way these days and 1+1= 3

I'd trust the german fecker to make us champions within the next 2 seasons.

With the help of god and his holey mother Mary and all the angels and saints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Charlie19 wrote: »

Ah Maxi and his ability to pop up with brilliantly needed goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

SlickRic wrote: »
    There's nothing more satisfying than a bitter Alan Pardew. The man thinks he shíts daisies.
    3478278A00000578-3602610-Pardew_was_almost_looking_into_the_cameras_on_the_BBC_television-m-3_1463856292703.jpg

Watching back on MOTD here, I love Lovren's determination scoring and after the goal.
    Far cry to his errors against West Ham under Rodgers where his head went down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just don't understand how Karius expected to save the first goal coming out like he did without raising his arms. He was clearly inside his box and sort of turned his head. The goal's totally on Lovren, of course, but Karius's attempt was odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

mosstin wrote: »
    Just don't understand how Karius expected to save the first goal coming out like he did without raising his arms. He was clearly inside his box and sort of turned his head. The goal's totally on Lovren, of course, but Karius's attempt was odd.

So far his best attribute seems to be the grace in which he picks the ball out of the net ( and his hair).

• Advertisement

It's great to see that utd fans seem in general to be chuffed with their performance in a 0-0 at home with Burnley, heat maps and the works! The times are a changing for them! After 3 games they had a 5 point lead on us, roll on a couple of months and after 10 games we have an 8 point lead on them, that's niiiiiice! (South park gif) Long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I thought that maybe he remembered what happened to Bravo last time for having his hands outside the box and was careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's great to see that utd fans seem in general to be chuffed with their performance in a 0-0 at home with Burnley, heat maps and the works! The times are a changing for them! After 3 games they had a 5 point lead on us, roll on a couple of months and after 10 games we have an 8 point lead on them, that's niiiiiice! (South park gif) Long may it last.

I love calling Man U "the new Liverpool" to my united supporting chums... :P :)

In fairness to Potential Underachievers post, we had enough years of that shít ourselves... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

If the roles were reversed, you'd be lashing them for not enjoying their win!

I thought that maybe he remembered what happened to Bravo last time for having his hands outside the box and was careful.

He was nowhere near outside his box.

At the moment Karius isn't inspiring confidence, he will of course improve you'd be fairly sure of that. He's not looking to be an upgrade on Mig' so far.

He contributes to the opposition in most games reckoning they'll score against us .... which encourages them to go forward so maybe it's a tactic :pac:

I wish he'd get a haircut, reminds me of Ian Walker :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Thought the same being honest, he expected a shot I'd say rather than the header is all I can think of......as you said totally on Lovren anyway, it would have been nice if he bailed him out but not expected.....

We should be aiming for the likes and city and Arsenal and try to keep up with them and stay in the top 4.

Let them and Everton fight it out for 7th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There's no way no Mourinho has more trophy's then Pep, he average's 3 a season amazingly

Well, he does.

All whilst being a fraud, amazingly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Well, he does.

All whilst being a fraud, amazingly.

The most amazing thing is that you allow yourself to get wound up by reading comments in a rival team's thread.

Why bother? I mean I could go replying to things said in a M'Utd or everton thread but why would I do that to myself?

Weird.

Anyway, back to previous comments and yes there's a wee bit of worry about the new man between the sticks.
    In fact you'd be forgiven for thinking that we had cloned Mignolet coz they seem identical in terms of weaknesses so far.
    Early doors though.

And theres no doubt about the blame for the goal where Lovren screwed up, that's 100% on Lovren.
    Mad to try to blame it on the keeper.
    But yeah some worrying signs so far regarding Karius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho gave the best individual performance I have seen from a player in the PL this season. He was brillant deserved a goal.

And yet Moreno got a bonus point in fantasy PL and Couts didn;t.....go figure that one out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The only thing I can think of is he thinks that it will be classed as a pass back.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The most amazing thing is that you allow yourself to get wound up by reading comments in a rival team's thread.

Why bother? I mean I could go replying to things said in a M'Utd or everton thread but why would I do that to myself?

Weird.

Anyway, back to previous comments and yes there's a wee bit of worry about the new man between the sticks.
    In fact you'd be forgiven for thinking that we had cloned Mignolet coz they seem identical in terms of weaknesses so far.
    Early doors though.

And theres no doubt about the blame for the goal where Lovren screwed up, that's 100% on Lovren.
    Mad to try to blame it on the keeper.
    But yeah some worrying signs so far regarding Karius

Not one person is blaming the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    We should be aiming for the likes and city and Arsenal and try to keep up with them and stay in the top 4.

Let them and Everton fight it out for 7th

Sad baxtard I am, I did the alternative table on a Saturday evening:

Liverpool +5
    Arsenal +2.5
    City +2.5
    Chelsea +1 (game to play but won't affect position)
    Spurs -1
    United -4.5

That reflects the great results against the traditional top 6 and Leicester. But more importantly the points dropped to Burnley got gained back again by beating Hull, West Brom, Swansea and today. We're up a point.

So we're beating the dross barring Burnley obviously and Klopp is excellent against the traditional top 6.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

what a day!

my first ever away game and I got a brilliant one. the two goals totally flattered palace liverpool dominated that game. Should of been 6 or 7 goals from us. The attacking play is just sensational, an enormous gap in quality on show today between the two teams.

Benteke is one lazy lad, glad we got rid.

I'm tanked but one other thing matip is signing of the season. The money spent on defenders in the summer by the teams around us and nowhere near us (man united) is laughable considering we got this guy for free. What a cool ****ing head the lad has.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    The only thing I can think of is he thinks that it will be classed as a pass back.

Yeah that's plausible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

K-9 wrote: »

Then he's an idiot. That was never going to be given as a back pass. He sliced it up in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Then he's an idiot. That was never going to be given as a back pass. He sliced it up in the air.

Exactly. And even if the ref did somehow deem it a back pass you would prefer face the 12 yard free than allow such an easy header on goal.

I think what might have happened was that when Lovren sliced his clearance high into the air Karius was not 100% sure of his positioning inside the box. As his eyes were skyward looking at the ball and he rushed forward to meet it I think he thought he was outside the box and therefore didnt use his hands for fear of been given a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's all so calm. Heads never dropped they knew they had the beating of palace. Make no mistake this is a serious liverpool side, I still can't believe we have a manager like klopp in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Forget Everything thing else from yesterday,any negatives,any worries,enjoy the fact we destroyed palace away,fckin brilliant performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I believe a lot of us are not fully enjoying these amazing attacking performances because even if we are winning by 2 goals there's still a possibility we will fcuk it up. So many games where we have held on by one goal in the end should have been dead and buried after half an hour. It's just stupid basic errors that are letting inferior teams back into games, sort out the defence and we can easily win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

We have to improve on Moreno in January, the guy isn't up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'd normally be a critic but I thought he did very well both yesterday and against Spurs. The putting his hands behind his back thing is annoying though.

I'd normally be a critic but I thought he did very well both yesterday and against Spurs. The putting his hands behind his back thing is annoying though.
    He's probably been trained to do that so not to give away any penos :P Baby steps for him. He was decent enough yesterday. Still think he belongs in midfield, not in defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Same as, actually thought he was good yesterday - for a while...

It's like he switches off either around the 70 min mark or if we are doing well and it's usually hairy from there...

Defence yesterday were in complete control bar 2 bad decisions that cost us. I'm not sure how many of us that complain about our defending actually realise how hard it is to coach mistakes out of players. Yea, in general we do concede poor goals in the system we play but yesterday was more individual errors.

Lovrens was obviously a howler, and I think Moreno had a decent game but he needed to be tighter on Zaha for the cross, he put no pressure on him at all.

Other than that the defence was mean and solid. Lovren wont make a lot of those mistakes.

The pairing of Lovern and Matip is miles ahead of last year. Last year a howler would have cost us three points. This year, the team just gets on with the play and it doesn't get to them. Great attitude to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I might stick a fiver on that. There's absolutely no chance whatsoever of him scoring if I have money on him!
    :D
    Money well spent. I convinced my daughter to put him in her fantasy football team. :)

There was a few occasions when he was caught badly out of position.

NukaCola wrote: »
    ....... I'm not sure how many of us that complain about our defending actually realise how hard it is to coach mistakes out of players. ........

To be fair there are some on here that were blue in the face mentioning that you cannot blame the coach for players making errors when Rodgers was in charge.

Now that Klopp is in charge its a case of people not blaming the coach anymore :D

On the match as an event, I thought Palace created some very decent chances themselves and certainly didn't park the bus or play defensively.

Karius wasn't busy as such but he had more than a few saves to make.

Good to see us put CP away though, they are where they are in the table but you still have to beat them.

• Advertisement

Klopp has certainly made an impact on Lovren for one. Bar his mess yesterday has greatly improved under Klopp. He has certainly cut errors from his game. He looked brutal under Rodgers and most fans would have been happy for him to be sold.

Lallana too is a new man.He's one of Klopps top players now. Now a fans favourite.

Lallana had an injury interrupted debut season for us, he was never as bad as he was made out to be on here.

I referred to him as an intelligent player once and got stoned for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Augeo wrote: »
    Lallana had an injury interrupted debut season for us, he was never as bad as he was made out to be on here.

9003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We have a bit of cash to spend this january and if we are still in the hunt for the title by then i would like to see the club sign another pacey wide player. Mane will be gone for best part of a month with the african cup of nations and his pace will be missed. We do have ojo in our ranks but hes only recovering from a bad injury and the pressure might be to much on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

The pairing of Lovern and Matip is miles ahead of last year.

Yep, it's an excellent pairing and will get even better with time. Matip was a proper gem of a signing, arguably the best deal of the entire summer across the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Klopp has installed so much self belief & determination into this team. Conceding the goals we do, the team doesn't wobble but they galvanise themselves & get straight back onto the front foot.

As a fan it is annoying watching us concede so many silly goals but Klopp is installing the self belief into the fans not too panic or worry his team have this!

To be fair there are some on here that were blue in the face mentioning that you cannot blame the coach for players making errors when Rodgers was in charge.

I know, I include myself in that, I'm as bad at criticising Rodgers/Klopp for the defence in the heat of the moment, but I do realise its not an easy thing to remedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ricero wrote: »
    We have a bit of cash to spend this january and if we are still in the hunt for the title by then i would like to see the club sign another pacey wide player. Mane will be gone for best part of a month with the african cup of nations and his pace will be missed. We do have ojo in our ranks but hes only recovering from a bad injury and the pressure might be to much on him.

Origi should slot into Mané's position

I said this roughly 9 months ago about Lallana

"On the face of it he should be so much better. Quick feet, good passer, good crosser, can get by players, good shot and is clearly an intelligent footballer but he just doesn't do it enough or consistently........or with any urgency.....he really slows down the attack and goes missing way too often."

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98407892&postcount=650

I was asked how Lallana was an intelligent player, I drew a blank and tried to explain.......I didn't get "stoned for it" but a good few didn't agree, which I dont blame as he was frustrating at that time......since then he has proved it I think.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    I know, I include myself in that, I'm as bad at criticising Rodgers/Klopp for the defence in the heat of the moment, but I do realise its not an easy thing to remedy.

I've been happier to give Klopp more of a pass on the continuing preponderance of defensive errors, because of the massive progress that's been made in every other element of our play, which in turn means that the defensive errors that do occur end up costing us less.

Whereas over the last year and a bit under Rodgers, and especially from March '15 onward, those errors were accompanied by deteriorating competence in all other areas.

Context is key is when looking at such trends.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement