Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

corwill wrote: »
    I've been happier to give Klopp more of a pass on the continuing preponderance of defensive errors, because of the massive progress that's been made in every other element of our play, which in turn means that the defensive errors that do occur end up costing us less.

Whereas over the last year and a bit under Rodgers, and especially from March '15 onward, those errors were accompanied by deteriorating competence in all other areas.

Context is key is when looking at such trends.

I didn't really want to make this about BR v Klopp, I was just saying in general its very hard to coach out or account for individual mistakes regardless of context.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Coutinho was phenomenal yesterday, and that's probably not doing him justice.

I also quite enjoyed the Palace fans shouting, "Steeeeve", every time Mandanda made a save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I wouldn't be too hard on Lovren, he has come on leaps and bounds under Klopp keeper should of done far better too.

Moreno was once again guilty of not closing down his man and allowing the cross, this hand behind his back thing on the edge of the box drives me mad.
    But Klopp has already concluded he is not good enough to be first choice so it's not a big issue for me as Milner has been a revelation at LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    I didn't really want to make this about BR v Klopp, I was just saying in general its very hard to coach out or account for individual mistakes regardless of context.......

Regrettably, the thread keeps being brought back around to it, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

BR v Klopp should never be thing

Its not fair on BR that he got a job far above his station. He is now at his level and hopefully carves out a successful career at that level

• Advertisement

Regrettably, the thread keeps being brought back around to it, though.

You seem willing to cintribute, regrettably presumably?
    I've been happier to give Klopp more of a pass on the continuing preponderance of defensive errors, because of the massive progress that's been made in every other element of our play, which in turn means that the defensive errors that do occur end up costing us less.

Whereas over the last year and a bit under Rodgers, and especially from March '15 onward, those errors were accompanied by deteriorating competence in all other areas.

Context is key is when looking at such trends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lads, we're joint top of the league, playing great football, and its a bank holiday weekend. Relax and lighten up a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Knex. wrote: »
    Lads, we're joint top of the league, playing great football, and its a bank holiday weekend. Relax and lighten up a bit!

Some of us have to work tomorrow :( But off Tuesday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Allan is starting for Hertha Berlin right as I type. It's "available"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

redzerdrog wrote: »
    BR v Klopp should never be thing

Its not fair on BR that he got a job far above his station. He is now at his level and hopefully carves out a successful career at that level

This makes it sounds like Rodgers was a complete failure at Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

The last 12-14 months of his reign were a failure unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Augeo has to be the most annoying poster on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Well he wasn't a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Well he came closer than any Liverpool manager in 25 years to winning the league. He exceeded most people's expectations and was a big improvement on the two managers preceding him

Well he came closer than any Liverpool manager in 25 years to winning the league. He exceeded most people's expectations and was a big improvement on the two managers preceding him

Big improvement on Rafa Benitez who constantly had us competing at a top European level? Indeed.

Got us to the Champions League and challenged for a League title. Thought he done quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Big improvement on Rafa Benitez who constantly had us competing at a top European level? Indeed.
    Rafa is the third previous manager, the others being Kenny Dalglish and, before him, whatshisname.

Rafa wasn't one of the two managers who preceded him.
    Indeed.

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    Augeo has to be the most annoying poster on the internet.

Haha

Well you know what to do old boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rafa is the third previous manager, the others being Kenny Dalglish and, before him, whatshisname.

And Dalglish as outdated as he was from modern football can still be deemed a success more so than the one before him and the one after him by getting to two cup finals and winning one of them that being the only trophy the club has won in 10 years.

• Advertisement

Dalglish done ok too. Just spent poorly which cost him ultimately......

Oh yeah, lol I'd tried to block that fella out. Apologies whatawaster! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

That part of our history has been erased forever :eek: never speak of it again. NEVER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

His last season was dreadful with us.

Lets not let the fact he is a club legend obscure that fact. Charlie Adam and Jay "the point" Spearing centre mid

naughtb4 wrote: »
    His last season was dreadful with us.

Lets not let the fact he is a club legend obscure that fact. Charlie Adam and Jay "the point" Spearing centre mid

Done well when he came back first. Poor enough full season but two good cup runs. As I said bought poorly. Overall done ok IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Dalglish - my favourite ever Liverpool player. Superb manager in his first term too. Of his last period in charge, all I can remember were those t-shirts.

Nothing but respect for Kenny though - adores the club.

Actually having brought Rafa up in my previous silly post it's great to see him doing great at Newcastle. Hope he pisses that league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

mosstin wrote: »
    Dalglish - my favourite ever Liverpool player. Superb manager in his first term too. Of his last period in charge, all I can remember were those t-shirts.

Nothing but respect for Kenny though - adores the club.

He had us set up pretty well and fighting.

Won a trophy too, and Chelsea had to pox their way into winning the FA cup despite being able to totally outclass us for about 70 minutes of that game.

The whole setup was arseways and couldn't have worked long term but it wasn't without it's positives.

Our squad was absolute **** back then as well.
    We ended up starting an FA cup final with Charlie Adam and Jay Spearing in CM.

The context of it should've been to take the positives from that and move forward the following season with Kenny able to step back from the caretaker role his position should've always been but there was so much turmoil in the club everyone wanted and expected quick fixes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Exactly. And even if the ref did somehow deem it a back pass you would prefer face the 12 yard free than allow such an easy header on goal.

I think what might have happened was that when Lovren sliced his clearance high into the air Karius was not 100% sure of his positioning inside the box. As his eyes were skyward looking at the ball and he rushed forward to meet it I think he thought he was outside the box and therefore didnt use his hands for fear of been given a red.

That could well be it, more plausible than my backpass theory anyway!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Actually having brought Rafa up in my previous silly post it's great to see him doing great at Newcastle. Hope he pisses that league.

I'll always love that guy. He even made me shout for Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I believe a lot of us are not fully enjoying these amazing attacking performances because even if we are winning by 2 goals there's still a possibility we will fcuk it up. So many games where we have held on by one goal in the end should have been dead and buried after half an hour. It's just stupid basic errors that are letting inferior teams back into games, sort out the defence and we can easily win the league.

I was reasonably confident going into yesterdays match and I think that game will do them good as they deal with the stupid 2 goals and then defended decently when 3-2 up. I think even if it went 4-3 they'd have seen it out.

We definitely are better defending in open play and Lovren's mistake yesterday was the first unforced defensive mistake in a good few games.

Though I suppose corner kicks should be in that stat, but that's a different issue. We did ok from them yesterday and the opposition ballsed them up for a change!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

That part of our history has been erased forever :eek: never speak of it again. NEVER!
    Speak of who, now?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Convert him to a winger so

I think you'll find Klopp has already converted our fullbacks into wingers! :D

Mario looking world class again :P Glad we tacked on a sell on clause for when PSG come in for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Adam Lallana is Billy no mates :( :pac:

hb_BHB9_T_Puw_Ff_Wx_SQ5f_Kuf_ISTi_TVj_Sey_A370_Z8_Ap5_A8_jpg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

There's a few blokes in the crowd that Karius seems to like passing to as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mario looking world class again :P Glad we tacked on a sell on clause for when PSG come in for him.
    Not sure how this clause works since Balotelli has only a 1 year contract at Nice & i would think he won't renew if he wants to leave next summer.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Not sure how this clause works since Balotelli has only a 1 year contract at Nice & i would think he won't renew if he wants to leave next summer.

Well according to transfermarkt its a two year contract till 2018 so I guess that's how it will work if an offer comes in for him next summer or he signs an extension.

http://www.transfermarkt.ie/mario-balotelli/profil/spieler/45146

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Firmino.

CwC3Wn7WcAAFkfq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Firmino.

CwC3Wn7WcAAFkfq.jpg

The false 9 we deserve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The false 9 we deserve

Looks like false Dracula, false Batman and false Skeletor while he's at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Never mind that, it's far more upsetting to watch Mane, Coutinho and Firmino celebrate together while Lallana looks on thinking "they never rehearsed this dance with me"

Interesting to see the similar positions of Can and Henderson on that map. I didn't see the game so was that due to swapping positions or a 4-2-1-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Interesting to see the similar positions of Can and Henderson on that map. I didn't see the game so was that due to swapping positions or a 4-2-1-3

I miss the days of not needing a PhD in Trigonometry to enjoy the match.

Love watching Coutinho, he's a tremendous talent and looks to finally gained consistency. My fear though with that is he wont be here much longer, he is tailor made to replace Iniesta at Barcelona and will soon I'd say. He is influencing games at POTY levels currently.

I always wanted him to go deep and be the playmaker and cut out the 20 shots a game.....although they are pretty sweet when they come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I can just picture Moreno running behind them trying to catch up with them dressed as Robin.

Lucas's is boss

14719238_1828412547382842_520752711486930944_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM3MjczMjIwMzg4OTI3MzkwMA%3D%3D.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

rob316 wrote: »
    Love watching Coutinho, he's a tremendous talent and looks to finally gained consistency. My fear though with that is he wont be here much longer, he is tailor made to replace Iniesta at Barcelona and will soon I'd say. He is influencing games at POTY levels currently.

I always wanted him to go deep and be the playmaker and cut out the 20 shots a game.....although they are pretty sweet when they come off.
    We need to offer Coutinho a new 150k+ a week contract asap.

150k is on the low scale, Ozil and Sanchez are looking for 250k. Honestly though I don't think he is motivated by money, like Suarez you could throw 250k per week at him but as a south American the lure of playing for Barcelona or Madrid is too much. Its unfortunate but the team need to get what they can out his performances while he is here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

rob316 wrote: »

150k is on the low scale, Ozil and Sanchez are looking for 250k. Honestly though I don't think he is motivated by money, like Suarez you could throw 250k per week at him but as a south American the lure of playing for Barcelona or Madrid is too much. Its unfortunate but the team need to get what they can out his performances while he is here.
    As soon as the commentator mentioned him and madrid/barcelona I thought to myself, I hope we can win the league before he leaves.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement