Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Interesting to see the similar positions of Can and Henderson on that map. I didn't see the game so was that due to swapping positions or a 4-2-1-3

As far as I'm concerned the (very nominal) formation is as you state with Lallana as the 'No 8 and a bit'. In yesterdays game Can was higher up the pitch than Henderson for my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The icing on the lovely cake is the fact that Jose is heading down the same road as his last stint at Chelsea.

And that even includes that odious assistant manager. What a terrible person.

I'd say Coutinho will play CL games for us before Barcelona come knocking.

Mario looking world class again :P Glad we tacked on a sell on clause for when PSG come in for him.

Ibrahimovic looked ok in a pretend league too.

Jokeskop stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gbear wrote: »
    Looks like false Dracula, false Batman and false Skeletor while he's at it.

That's our Firmino - why do one position/costume at a time, when you can do three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why does Lucas' missus look like she's been smooching Bobby F?
    Is the skeletor half face some sort of South American thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I had Chelsea as favourites for the league before the season started and they look to be getting it together now. 4 clean sheets in a row, Costa and Hazard in deadly form. Conte is a superb manager too.

Going to be a hell of a race for the title this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Why does Lucas' missus look like she's been smooching Bobby F?
    Is the skeletor half face some sort of South American thing?

More central American but really anywhere that celebrates what's called the Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) which starts today in Mexico. Brazilian equivalent is Finados which is celebrated November 2nd but the skull makeup is the same for both these days

rob316 wrote: »
    I had Chelsea as favourites for the league before the season started.............

With no European football they'd seem to have a huge chance now that they've gotten things together.

Some going from Conte 6 months after taking over to have them as they are now.

Spurs with Kane back will be interesting, they've only conceded 5 goals so far in the PL and of course they are going through a "bad" enough spell at the moment. Still only 3 pts off the top.

It'll be a great race for Top4 as well as the title the way things are shaping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Read somewhere that utd are worse off than at same stage last year,and Chelsea far better off than at same stage,with the obvious correlation between the two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ebbsy wrote: »
    The icing on the lovely cake is the fact that Jose is heading down the same road as his last stint at Chelsea.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

hBdvn1A.jpg

11 from Stranger Things, LFC fan...

Possible Firmino fan girl... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mignolet has never looked so incompetent as Karius has looked since he became numb bear one.
    Mignolet would make a mistake here and there on a rare occasion, Karius looks like a mistake just to be named on team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mignolet is getting better by the day on here........bottom line, he is not up to it.......Karius hasn't had an amazing start and I have complained as much as any but he has been at least as good as Mig. Need to give him time to settle in to see if he is good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mignolet has never looked so incompetent as Karius has looked since he became numb bear one.
    Mignolet would make a mistake here and there on a rare occasion, Karius looks like a mistake just to be named on team.

That's a great call 6 games into Karius's Liverpool career.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »

Almost as good as his "Matip will regarded as one of the worst players ever to wear the jersey"

You cannot fully trust Mignolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I've no idea why we can't just be honest and say what we see.

It doesn't mean we are writing him off, just verbalising the serious doubt his performances have fuelled.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    You cannot fully trust Mignolet.

Mignolet takes on players with skill and quick feet right in front of his goal with no plan b. Karius just hoofs it into row z .

We need a keeper who can play it out. Pesi Granola got rid of Joe Hart because he could not play it out, Karius would not get any where near a Man City team.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mignolet isn't good enough, but so far Karius has been pretty awful. I can't see him being dropped any time soon, but if he does not become more comfortable a decision will have to be looked at again by Christmas I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Karius is making Mignolet look better day by day to be quite honest! We needed a new keeper alright Mignolet is just slightly below being a top class keeper but in what I've seen so far Karius is not an upgrade and we'll be shopping around for another keeper soon enough, that's just my gut instinct at the minute, hopefully it's wrong it's early days and all that, just doing a Roy Walker on it and saying what I see, not sure why peope are getting offended, not like it's personal abuse of the lad.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

noodler wrote: »

It doesn't mean we are writing him off, just verbalising the serious doubt his performances have fuelled.

Because you just have to give some players time.

He's not had a great start but he just needs to get more games and clean sheets under his belt to improve his confidence and settle his game.

To say after 6 games that he is not good enough is just ludicrous.

I missed yesterday's game so cannot make full judgement on his overall performance but I don't see how he's at fault for either goal yesterday.

The real weakness for me is Lovren, who's prone to poor mistakes leading to goals.

not sure why peope are getting offended, not like it's personal abuse of the lad.....

Who is getting offended? If i disagree with someone I'm not offended weirdly enough......should I be?

noodler wrote: »

He has been ****e so far there is no way of sugar coating it.

He is only 22 though, that is a newborn in goalkeeper terms. Klopp bought him because of his performances in Germany making him one the best in the league. He will come good, Mignolet on the other hand has had chance after chance and still hasn't improved.

Mignolet and Moreno paid for their mistakes in the League and Europa final places last season with their places, Klopp knows beyond any doubt they are not good enough to be 1st choice and a couple of shakey performances from either Karius or Milner will not change that.

I just remember De Gea at united his performances were laughable and cost united a number of times, but they stuck with him. Klopp will do the same until he no longer can and even then he will buy a new GK, Mignolet realistically has no future at the club.

Tidy header from Matip to Lovern, all Lovern had to do was let it run across his body and play the next pass forward, or if in trouble clear it up field, but what does he do, he just swings at it. I have no idea why he did it, or what he feared. No one was close to him.

Karius is making Mignolet look better day by day to be quite honest! We needed a new keeper alright Mignolet is just slightly below being a top class keeper but in what I've seen so far Karius is not an upgrade and we'll be shopping around for another keeper soon enough, that's just my gut instinct at the minute, hopefully it's wrong it's early days and all that, just doing a Roy Walker on it and saying what I see, not sure why peope are getting offended, not like it's personal abuse of the lad.....

He is far below the required level. Cech, Bravo, Lloris, De Gea, Courtois all far better, then the teams below, I'd have Butland, Foster, Schemichel ahead of him.

He cannot command his box, gets beaten at his near post too often and has countless other **** ups waiting to happen. That goal in the league cup final he let in was just criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Karius has been poor so far.
    But it is too early to write him off. If he performing similarly in 4-5 months as he is now I would be worried though. He is lacking confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

People obviously have short memories.

People obviously have short memories.

Very :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ebbsy wrote: »

I wouldnt get too ahead on predicting the demise of Jose at Utd. A 0-0 at home to Burnley may look bad but they had 37 shots on target and dominated the game. I watched the highlights and they were playing far more attractive football than at any point under Moyes and Van Gaal
    Never mind that, it's far more upsetting to watch Mane, Coutinho and Firmino celebrate together while Lallana looks on thinking "they never rehearsed this dance with me"

I dont think the two Brazilians rehearsed the dance with Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lest we forget.

BelatedMajesticCassowary.gif

InstructiveSkeletalHuman.gif

953b06a47557a7ea23ae8f9395a37e1b0078e6383fcd6c5fc2b68b2f3d7b179b_large

Karius hasn't looked confident coming to claim the ball, no one's disputing that, but it doesn't make Mignolet good or a better keeper at all. To be fair to Karius I we haven't really conceded a goal he could do much about, he's also got much better distribution than Mignolet, I'm not sure a kick from Mignolet has ever set off an attack but I've already seen it done from Karius. Who cares if he doesn't try to Cryuff turn attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Tom Heaton is the man . Won't get a move to a big club though as he doesn't play the ball out from the back. Gone are the days that a goalkeeper that can command his box and rarely makes a mistake are seen as the most important attributes . I know he is flavour of the month at the moment however I did mention him as a mignolet replacement a couple of times on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Because you just have to give some players time.

He's not had a great start but he just needs to get more games and clean sheets under his belt to improve his confidence and settle his game.

To say after 6 games that he is not good enough is just ludicrous.

I missed yesterday's game so cannot make full judgement on his overall performance but I don't see how he's at fault for either goal yesterday.

The real weakness for me is Lovren, who's prone to poor mistakes leading to goals.

This.

Not convinced by Karius, seems stuck to his line, but the having Lovren in front of him can't help either. He makes a lot of errors, and was beaten in 1 on 1 headers a couple of times for the second goal on Saturday. This is bread and butter, and we are a few years seeing him being beaten like this now. Offers SFA on the ball either, way behind matip who is a huge talent.
    Give the keeper a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Karius is young. It's his first season here and while he has made some mistakes in judgement he has also showed glimpses of class.

His mistake the weekend by not raising his arms (regardless of thinking he was inside or outside the box) is something that can be eliminated with experience. He has had a few hesitations this season which are things that experience can fix.

Migs mistakes seemed down to ability at times and while he also makes experience mistakes he is much older than Karius and should know better. Like coming for crosses for example.

Having a steady back line along with keeping faith will hopefully improve karius. While migs needs to keep trying to improve and take his chance when he gets it.

De gea struggled the same way his first season. It happens when you are a young keeper in a new country. Your mistakes will always be highlighted than a striker or midfielder.

We need to stick by him. We need a holding mid that can fit into klopps game while not slowing up play and can tackle. I think Karius and Moreno will improve enough to be efficient in our first team.

Clynes defensive game wasn't great his first two years here. Moreno has had long enough but klopp obviously thinks he can learn so until he is replaced we just deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So Luis Garcia dressed up as the ghost goal for Halloween, I love this man.

vx86yb14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Danny Ward is our best keeper atm, however Karius is rightly been given the season as number 1 and the long run I think it will prove a smart move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Mr.H wrote: »
    Karius is young. It's his first season here and while he has made some mistakes in judgement he has also showed glimpses of class.

His mistake the weekend by not raising his arms (regardless of thinking he was inside or outside the box) is something that can be eliminated with experience. He has had a few hesitations this season which are things that experience can fix.

Migs mistakes seemed down to ability at times and while he also makes experience mistakes he is much older than Karius and should know better. Like coming for crosses for example.

Having a steady back line along with keeping faith will hopefully improve karius. While migs needs to keep trying to improve and take his chance when he gets it.

De gea struggled the same way his first season. It happens when you are a young keeper in a new country. Your mistakes will always be highlighted than a striker or midfielder.

We need to stick by him. We need a holding mid that can fit into klopps game while not slowing up play and can tackle. I think Karius and Moreno will improve enough to be efficient in our first team.

Clynes defensive game wasn't great his first two years here. Moreno has had long enough but klopp obviously thinks he can learn so until he is replaced we just deal with it.

:confused: first I've heard of it! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

That's another gem of a post.

How many games has Karius cost us so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Karius has been utter muck so far, there's no getting away from it. I'd much rather Mignolet in goal.

But Karius is number one so no use moaning about it. It's early days and he's very young so all we can do is trust Klopp's judgement. Karius was very highly praised in Germany.

For the Palace goal, i'd blame Karius more than Lovren. Yes, Lovren messed up with his miskick, but that didn't lead to a goal. The ball was still there in the air to be dealt with and Karius did nothing. He should have punched that away, but he just came out and then stood still.

monkey9 wrote: »
    For the Palace goal, i'd blame Karius more than Lovren. Yes, Lovren messed up with his miskick, but that didn't lead to a goal. The ball was still there in the air to be dealt with and Karius did nothing. He should have punched that away, but he just came out and then stood still.

Thats awful analysis there being honest. Heres the goal. Watch it again and tell me Karius should have been able to punch it away and Lovrens mistake didn't lead to the goal....

https://my.mixtape.moe/zcajxm.mp4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Danny Ward is our best keeper atm, however Karius is rightly been given the season as number 1 and the long run I think it will prove a smart move.

Fulham put five past him the other day!

NukaCola wrote: »
    Thats awful analysis there being honest. Heres the goal. Watch it again and tell me Karius should have been able to punch it away and Lovrens mistake didn't lead to the goal....

https://my.mixtape.moe/zcajxm.mp4

Lovern messed for sure, i'm not saying he's blameless. But the mistake has been made so deal with it. Karius didn't deal with it. He absolutely could have punched that away but he chickened out of the challenge.

I can't recall many saves by our keepers which ever one plays. We concede a chance, we concede a goal, feels like that.

Lovern messed for sure, i'm not saying he's blameless. But the mistake has been made so deal with it. Karius didn't deal with it. He absolutely could have punched that away but he chickened out of the challenge.

I think its 50/50 at best, big chance of a foul as he's not quite there as the ball is falling, he reacts well off his line but looked indecisive......he should have put his hands up, its the only place the ball can beat him, but punching it? I'm not so sure. I see why he doesn't commit......I wouldn't expect him to make it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Really don't think he could be expected to have made it to that first, but it was a bit odd that he went out without having his hands up to block.

Maybe it's just me thinking it, but i do think Karius is as much at fault.

But look, at least it's our year so it's all good!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Karius has been utter muck so far, there's no getting away from it. I'd much rather Mignolet in goal.

But Karius is number one so no use moaning about it. It's early days and he's very young so all we can do is trust Klopp's judgement. Karius was very highly praised in Germany.

If that's the case I'd be worried.He stuck with Weidenfeller when he was a liability for a long time with Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Not sure how can u blame anyone but Lovren for the 1st goal.
    If Karius comes flying out he most likely gets sent off . Easy to say he should have had his hands over his head after the goal was scored. Lovren if had looked around should have let the ball comes across his body & play the ball out from the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Fulham put five past him the other day!

Chelsea put 4 past David De Gea does that make him ****?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement